Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 4th April 2015, 00:38   #301
BHPian

Default Re: VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi

Coming back to the mods, I have changed the stock single light interior light cluster in the Polo to the one similar in the Laura. It has proper positioning of the BT mic and two extra map reading lamps as well. The sound clarity of the phone calls is much better than the stock system now.
Attachment 1113887

I have a 2014 model Polo Highline (1.5 TDi) and it has an RCD 320 sytem where the mic in on the co-driver side and the audio to the other person on the phone sounds like I am very far from the mic.

Question: Can I fit a light cluster like yours with the mic slot? If so, then how do I re-route the mic from the center console of RCD 320 to the light cluster?

Please help!!
blueknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2015, 10:18   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Update:

Changed the interior rear view mirror to a Gentex Auto-dimming one with compass. The quality is topnotch compared to the poor stock mirror. The premium feel inside the cabin has gone up even more.

Mobile phone pictures:

Brilliant build quality with perfect performance. It is slightly bigger and reflects a wider perspective than the stock mirror. It uses a special electromagnetic gel sandwiched between two sheets of ultra-clear glass. When bright light hits the mirror's built-in sensors they send an electric current to the gel, causing it to dim. The amount of dim is proportional to how bright the glare of headlights behind is , making night driving safer.
Attachment 1296980

Attachment 1296981

The stock mirror is actually a TATA product.
Attachment 1296982

The GTi bixenons have been quite a boon this monsoon as the stock headlamps were quite inadequate especially during the rains.

Attachment 1296983
Hi Robi,

Fantastuc mods you have done! If i were driving my TSi, then i would have done some, but its my mom's, so left it at peace.

I badly need the auto-dimming mirror, and had a few doubts :

1. Where did you take the pwer source from?

2. Gentex also sells an adapter to install the mirror over existing mirror base stuck to windshield, without completely removing old one. (And risking damage to windshield)
Any reason why you didn't opt for it?

Thanks mate!
Insane Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2015, 11:41   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueknight View Post
Coming back to the mods, I have changed the stock single light interior light cluster in the Polo to the one similar in the Laura. It has proper positioning of the BT mic and two extra map reading lamps as well. The sound clarity of the phone calls is much better than the stock system now.
Attachment 1113887

I have a 2014 model Polo Highline (1.5 TDi) and it has an RCD 320 sytem where the mic in on the co-driver side and the audio to the other person on the phone sounds like I am very far from the mic.

Question: Can I fit a light cluster like yours with the mic slot? If so, then how do I re-route the mic from the center console of RCD 320 to the light cluster?

Please help!!
Hi, in the 320 the Bluetooth and mic is built into the system. It would be very difficult to open the system, solder new wires and take the mic to the top light position. Would suggest you either upgrade the system with an oem mic or let it be the way it is.
mav2000 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2015, 05:00   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
Hi Robi,

Fantastuc mods you have done! If i were driving my TSi, then i would have done some, but its my mom's, so left it at peace.

I badly need the auto-dimming mirror, and had a few doubts :

1. Where did you take the pwer source from?

2. Gentex also sells an adapter to install the mirror over existing mirror base stuck to windshield, without completely removing old one. (And risking damage to windshield)
Any reason why you didn't opt for it?

Thanks mate!

1. Power is taken from the interior cabin light.

2. Well this was the only one in stock at the time, did not check out any other option as I was quite impressed by the quality of the gentex mirror.
robimahanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2015, 20:51   #305
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 11th May 2015 at 14:25.
cedricsg is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 10th July 2015, 16:57   #306
BHPian

Hi Robi,

Did you get the proper cornering lights to work ? (I mean the section on the fog lamp which is blank in Indian GT).
v_safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2015, 23:43   #307
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_safari View Post
Did you get the proper cornering lights to work ? (I mean the section on the fog lamp which is blank in Indian GT).
The part that is blank in the Indian Polo's fog light is for DRL; like the non-fancy type DRL that is seen in the Jetta without LED DRL and Lodgy.

There are three types of fog light assemblies:-
1) The type we get here - Fog light Yes, DRL NO. DRL bulb part is blanked.
2) Fog light Yes, DRL Yes. Both locations have bulb access hole.
3) Fog light NO, DRL Yes. Foglight bulb part is blanked. DRL has bulb access hole.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2015, 11:00   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
The part that is blank in the Indian Polo's fog light is for DRL; like the non-fancy type DRL that is seen in the Jetta without LED DRL and Lodgy.

There are three types of fog light assemblies:-
1) The type we get here - Fog light Yes, DRL NO. DRL bulb part is blanked.
2) Fog light Yes, DRL Yes. Both locations have bulb access hole.
3) Fog light NO, DRL Yes. Foglight bulb part is blanked. DRL has bulb access hole.
OK. So is there a way to make the blank Indian version DRLs to work ? And make them work as cornering lights. As these are more on the sides, and may work better as cornering lights.
v_safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2015, 17:21   #309

Quote:
UPDATE: The OEM Gti bixenon headlamp installation is complete and its brilliant. The cornering light function and AFS levelling isnt working yet but would work once the module/sensors are installed. The light throw is awesome and bixenon flashing is addictive
Hey I would love to know how the headlights are performing still. Have you got the cornering lights and AFS to work?
I am planning on upgrading the headlights on my GT soon. Once I find the right kind, either the OEM Valeo ones or from Aliexpress with original internals & aftermarket casing. What would you suggest? Have you seen the Aliexpress ones?
adityan27 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2015, 03:55   #310
BHPian

Hello Robi,
It has been a while since we saw an update. Any new mods?
Astonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2015, 23:29   #311
BHPian

The GTi bixenons have been quite a boon this monsoon as the stock headlamps were quite inadequate especially during the rains.

Attachment 1296983[/quote]

Hey Robi, real nice upgrades you got going on there! Could you please share the details of the headlight upgrade? are these the headlights by Eagle Eyes? And are you running on 4300K, if yes, how is the throw ? Also, if possible could you post some LB/HB pictures ?
leprechaun is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2015, 11:50   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leprechaun View Post

Attachment 1296983

Hey Robi, real nice upgrades you got going on there! Could you please share the details of the headlight upgrade? are these the headlights by Eagle Eyes? And are you running on 4300K, if yes, how is the throw ? Also, if possible could you post some LB/HB pictures ?[/quote]

These aren't the replica lights. They're the genuine GTI lights.
H_Dogg72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2016, 18:16   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Some of the braking / ABS options available for the Polo through VCDS
Cool. Where can I get the software to connect my laptop via OBD? VCD or any other? Looking forward for tuning my GT Tsi.
stuntfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2016, 18:45   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuntfreak View Post
Cool. Where can I get the software to connect my laptop via OBD? VCD or any other? Looking forward for tuning my GT Tsi.
VCDS:
When you buy VCDS, you get VCDS cable along with the VCDS software(runs on Windows OS).
VCDS cable is used to connect your laptop to the OBD port.
check http://store.ross-tech.com/shop/cat/VCDS.html for price and details. You could also buy the pirated ones from aliexpress.com

OBDEleven Pro:
In case you would like to use Android phone, then you could buy this. One of my friend has recently bought this, and he is happy with this.
check http://obdeleven.com/

Last edited by shetty_rohan : 20th January 2016 at 18:58.
shetty_rohan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2016, 12:43   #315
BHPian

Quote:
So ended up getting the G88 Tarox rotors with pads for the front hoping to increase the bite a little.
Hi Robi, sorry to bump this old post, do you have any specific model details for G88 that can be used in TSI ? Is it the second one with 288mm dia from the below link?

http://www.tarox.co.uk/product/front...9-1-2-tsi-g88/
http://www.tarox.co.uk/product/front...1-2-tsi-g88-2/
GT145 is offline   Reply With Quote