Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2013, 11:43   #31
BHPian
 
robimahanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BLR/GAU
Posts: 609
Thanked: 1,543 Times
Default Re: VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
Are your front tweeters installed in the slot where the mirror is attached or are they externally mounted?
The tweeters are fixed to the sail panel behind the mirrors. The Diamond Audio D162.5 are the basic range of Diamond Audio components but the clarity is incredible. They have a tight bass and extended highs. The tweeters are aluminum dome instead of the common plastic film ones.

Name:  tweeter.jpg
Views: 11213
Size:  160.0 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
Congratulations..
What were the OEM tyres that came along with your car ? Are they good ?

Cheers
Thanks. The OEM tyres (Apollo Acelere) are very basic and fine for city use. But are lacking when it comes to highway drives. Road noise is slightly on the higher side. Having said that, its better than the comparable MRF/JK tyres.
robimahanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2013, 12:11   #32
BHPian
 
Loud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 214
Thanked: 167 Times
Default Re: VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Thanks a lot. The car will definitely see a lot of horrible potholed tarmac in Bangalore for sure.
Well as for me I hate beige so much that I wish the whole interior of the car was black instead of the beige bits and pieces. So I cannot imagine putting beige leather in the car.
Regarding the body kit, as I have mentioned the OE Polo SR kit looks a bit over the top and aftermarket. Moreover, its way too expensive.

I may eventually go in for the Euro Polo GTi body kit which is subtle and actually cheaper.
You like black interiors? You should have instead got a Swift / City Corporate and spend the rest of the money in modification! (Kidding)

Yes, the GTi body kit looks good for sure from the sides and rear. A very subtle yet brilliant eye-catchy design. I wonder whether VW gives the front skirt/spoiler from the SR kit separately. In that case, you can get the GTi body kit and front skirt from SR kit. Yours would be a looker BTW!
Loud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2013, 12:37   #33
Distinguished - BHPian
 
vb-san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: S'pore/Thrissur
Posts: 4,459
Thanked: 3,085 Times
Default Re: VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi

Thanks for the review. The black Scandinavian leather seats look awesome. It compliments the whole interior ambience pretty well. Can you please share the cost of the leather job?
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2013, 12:49   #34
BHPian
 
robimahanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BLR/GAU
Posts: 609
Thanked: 1,543 Times
Default Re: VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Thanks for the review. The black Scandinavian leather seats look awesome. It compliments the whole interior ambience pretty well. Can you please share the cost of the leather job?
Since its a custom job, the price wont be exactly the same in all cars. It should be around 30K though. Call up Mr.Sajith (080-25216394), he is the owner of Karlssons and is thorough with his leather. If you need any further details, kindly PM.
robimahanta is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2013, 13:20   #35
BHPian
 
4nd3r50n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 87
Thanked: 39 Times
Default Re: VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi

Robi, would it be possible for you to post an interior photo of the car showing both the tweeters in the view? I just wanted to get a perspective of how the interior looks after you have added this. No offense meant, but I feel somehow the tweeter installation is marring the interior of the car. Is there no other way to install the tweeters so that they stay out of sight?
4nd3r50n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2013, 13:43   #36
BHPian
 
robimahanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BLR/GAU
Posts: 609
Thanked: 1,543 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nd3r50n View Post
Robi, would it be possible for you to post an interior photo of the car showing both the tweeters in the view? I just wanted to get a perspective of how the interior looks after you have added this. No offense meant, but I feel somehow the tweeter installation is marring the interior of the car. Is there no other way to install the tweeters so that they stay out of sight?
Sure I ll do so. It spoils the clean interior look for sure but with the sound quality I am getting its not a compromise. I also dont like the rear camera display fixed on the dash near the passenger side A pillar but its more of a convenience. Maybe few months down the line if I get the RCD510, I can get rid of the display.

About the tweeter, you can also get it flushed in the A pillar panel by making a hole in it. I didnt quite fancy that option

Last edited by robimahanta : 13th June 2013 at 13:46.
robimahanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2013, 14:04   #37
BHPian
 
4nd3r50n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 87
Thanked: 39 Times
Default Re: VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi

Quote:
About the tweeter, you can also get it flushed in the A pillar panel by making a hole in it. I didnt quite fancy that option
I completely agree with you on that. Drilling a hole in a brand new car would be equivalent to drilling a hole through the heart. But hyperboles apart, if I am not wrong, it could also probably lead to voiding of warranty as it is a physical change in the car. I wish VW would have provided slots for the tweeters in the car which people could have then filled in. Not sure if that would have cost a lot to VW when people are anyway paying ~9.5L for the car.
4nd3r50n is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2013, 14:31   #38
BHPian
 
ironager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 74
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi

Congrats on your new car.
I have a white GT TSI purchased in May.
The GT Club is surely growing on Team BHP.
ironager is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2013, 14:45   #39
BHPian
 
robimahanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BLR/GAU
Posts: 609
Thanked: 1,543 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nd3r50n View Post
I completely agree with you on that. Drilling a hole in a brand new car would be equivalent to drilling a hole through the heart. But hyperboles apart, if I am not wrong, it could also probably lead to voiding of warranty as it is a physical change in the car. I wish VW would have provided slots for the tweeters in the car which people could have then filled in...
I dont have access to a camera right now so this is the widest i could manage with my phone.
A nice photo shoot is planned for the car once I get it detailed.


Name:  image2244173913.jpg
Views: 13301
Size:  367.7 KB

Last edited by robimahanta : 13th June 2013 at 14:49.
robimahanta is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2013, 15:03   #40
BHPian
 
4nd3r50n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 87
Thanked: 39 Times
Default Re: VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi

Ok, it's not as bad as I had imagined. I thought that the speakers would be jutting out near the windshield- which for me would be irritating. Looking at the picture, I find them to be unobtrusive enough.
Regarding the sound, since the tweeters are near your face and also facing each other directly, do you think the sound could have been 'better' had they been inside an enclosure and away from your face? By 'better', I mean, more depth in the sound than how it currently sounds. Also, do the tweeters sound shrill at any time?
Sorry for so many questions, just thinking about the setup and hence these doubts in my head. Waiting for more pictures after you complete the detailing of the car. Thanks
4nd3r50n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2013, 15:21   #41
BHPian
 
robimahanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BLR/GAU
Posts: 609
Thanked: 1,543 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nd3r50n View Post
Regarding the sound, since the tweeters are near your face and also facing each other directly, do you think the sound could have been 'better' had they been inside an enclosure and away from your face? By 'better', I mean, more depth in the sound than how it currently sounds. Also, do the tweeters sound shrill at any time?
Well ideally tweeters should be placed at ear level. But then there is no best position, best place for your tweeters is the place you choose after connecting them and listening to them and moving them around. It ideal to use double sided tape to test the kind of sound stage you prefer. if you are getting a decent amp, you are left with a large number of tuning options to suit the kind of music you like. Having said that, the sail panel is the most convenient tweeter placement in the polo without extensive modifications.
robimahanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2013, 17:00   #42
Senior - BHPian
 
Santoshbhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,616
Thanked: 2,093 Times
Default Re: VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi

Hey Robi, congrats on the baby TSi! Its the perfect hatch for your needs. VW can thank Bangalore's unscientific speed humps for this sale

I got the i10 AT last year for quite a few similar reasons like yours. If the Polo TSI was available then , I would have got it, no question about it. The car is expensive but its a far superior car than any of other AT hatch options available in the market today, from a driver's point of view atleast. The DSG box may have its share of concerns, but from a performance perspective its miles ahead from the regular slush boxes.

Did you say you were going to wait till warranty expires to mod it? hmmm lets see.....sshhhh don't tell the guys at Pete's you got the GT TSI
Santoshbhat is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2013, 19:38   #43
BHPian
 
CtrlAltDel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: HyderaGr8
Posts: 500
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
The lack of an armrest, especially since it’s an automatic transmission. I have already ordered the OEM Polo armrest and should get it fitted soon.
One question: since the car is not designed for having a front arm rest, would it be fully usable if added after market? I think it would obstruct your reach to the hand brake.

The useless Vento arm rest is a prime example. If you have to use the hand brake (common in city conditions) in a Vento, you have to pull the arm rest up n forget about using it. Its a serious design flaw in Vento.
CtrlAltDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2013, 20:20   #44
BHPian
 
robimahanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BLR/GAU
Posts: 609
Thanked: 1,543 Times
Default Re: VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Hey Robi, congrats on the baby TSi! Its the perfect hatch for your needs. VW can thank Bangalore's unscientific speed humps for this sale

Did you say you were going to wait till warranty expires to mod it? hmmm lets see.....sshhhh don't tell the guys at Pete's you got the GT TSI
Thanks Santosh. Hope your remap plans are shaping up.
Regarding mods, lets see . To be honest I did not mod the Laura for the first two years till the warranty was over. Maybe lucky in a way that the 4 year warranty was not available at that time. (kidding)
By the way, Peter already knows about my Polo TSi as I am getting the alloys from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
One question: since the car is not designed for having a front arm rest, would it be fully usable if added after market? I think it would obstruct your reach to the hand brake.

The useless Vento arm rest is a prime example. If you have to use the hand brake (common in city conditions) in a Vento, you have to pull the arm rest up n forget about using it. Its a serious design flaw in Vento.
Well, I will be able to comment on that once I get it fitted. As far as i have read in the international forums, its seems to be quite ok.
robimahanta is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2013, 20:29   #45
Distinguished - BHPian
 
vb-san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: S'pore/Thrissur
Posts: 4,459
Thanked: 3,085 Times
Default Re: VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Since its a custom job, the price wont be exactly the same in all cars. It should be around 30K though. Call up Mr.Sajith (080-25216394), he is the owner of Karlssons and is thorough with his leather. If you need any further details, kindly PM.
Thanks a lot! I just wanted to know an indicative pricing. Scandinavian full leather for around 30K sounds quite reasonable. And that armrest is a good addition too
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scoop! VW Polo TSI spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Fresh Scoop pics on Pg.15 sarthakgupta The Indian Car Scene 441 25th April 2013 12:26
Volkswagen Jetta TSI (petrol) spotted. Could be a 1.4L TSI? Y@SH The Indian Car Scene 133 30th June 2012 15:34
VW Passat 1.8 TSI Vs Skoda Superb 1.8 TSI ivar1951 The Indian Car Scene 21 14th April 2010 19:19


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:05.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks