| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|31st May 2006, 23:17||#1|
Senior - BHPian
FIAT Palio 1.2 NV Sport - 3000 KM
So it all started with a dream to own a car.... Lot of research made me go ahead with Palio. I checked out Wagon R, Santro, Indiaca, Getz and then Palio.... Finally zeroed down on Palio and my frnds started joking about my decision.... Well that did not continue for long as they drove it and kept their mouth shut after that.... Now they feel their beauties as tin boxes and doesnt leave any chance to get hands on my machine... So here is my experience with my beauty....
Model: Palio 1.2 NV Sport
Odo reading: 3010 KM
1. Fuel Efficiency: Taking this first as it is the most sensitive subject of discussion... Initally got an avg of about 9 KMPL with 100% AC in city. After about 1000KM im continuously getting 13-14 KMPL without AC and 11-12 KMPL with AC in city like Pune. Always bumper to bumper traffic is how you can descibe about Pune. Had long drives of about 400 KM on highways with an avg of 16 KMPL with 40% AC. A descent figure isnt it?? At least for a beast of a ton... Expecting an Alto avg from this car is like expecting better roads in pune. . For a car having weight of a ton, 12-14 is the figure we can expect the most... So on this front my beauty scored all points for me.. Touch wood....
2. Looks: Well this all depends of individual but still making a stmt like Palio is the Best looking car available in this segment wont create any blunder... After all if Italian do nething good apart from pasta, is designing cars... I just luv the lines flowing through front bumper to rear... It still looks so fresh that even it beats swift (My personal opinion). The part I like most is the headlamp assembly.. They look so fresh... I observed that at night if u put on regular and high beam then this beauty will look like an Audi to one coming opposite to you due to its headlamp apprearance.. My car has 175/65 R14 alloys. And it looks so s*xy. I dont mind going for more killing tyres as 195/70 or any other low profile tyres...
3. Handling: Well well well, what will you say if your car makes a turn without any noticeble body roll at 60-70 KMPH?? Cutting edges is the habit I developed after started driving this beast. I agree that while taking off any santro/Wagon or for that matter Esteem will leave you behind but once you clock 100, all the said rivals will call it an end and will make way for Palio. My car has factory fitted alloys with 175/65 R14 profile Bridgestone tyres. Handlinhg was never been an issue by anyfar. I just cant take up my foot from right pedal even at 120. How stable a car can be... I wonder if 1.2 makes such a wonder, what a 1.6 can do... It is the car I paid all 5L bucks for... I have no regrets of owning it.. The satisfaction it puts on your face is the thing you pay for..
4. Build quality: Well no one will disagree that it the most well built car in its segment. At time the breaks feel spongy but you will get used to it very soon. In my car (Sport version) they have fitted Sport pedals for break, clutch and accelerator. My feet never feel tired operating them and they support ur feet very well. They gives ur feet soemthing called Accupuncture kind of relief. As it has hydrocloric clutch you have to make it full down for changing the gears. Some ppl find this annoying and the clutch very hard. Recently I had sensed a rattling noise from the rear right door but apart from this no big issues...
5. Ride quality: Well the 1.2 sport feels hard ride due to stiffer suspesion and low profile tyres. Palio Elx has better ride quality than the Sport version. At moderate speed of about 60 KMPH it glides through potholes very well. But still I would select Elx rather than Sport version for the ride quality. You sit into any Maruti metal box and then sit into this car and you would come to know what is called a ride quality. It makes you smile everytime you passes through a pothole or damaged road.
6. A**:- Another sensitive issue.. Well Im from Pune and I had no issues so far dealing with my dealer. He is very supportive right from begining. Nice people to talk to.. Never faced any big problem except:
1. Oil sump at 1800 KM
2. Rattling front door window at 2300 KM
Both problems were solved instantly and never faced any big problems so far (Touch wood). Had done 2 servicings and paid 750 bucks so far.
So overall it is a car you can happily own. There were some horror stories about A** but may be after TATA-FIAT tie up these will be addressed. FIAT was really looked ignorant in India but as the things are settling down at their home town, we can expect something better from them. After TATA-FIAT tie up the sales is really going up.
I remember my dealer pointing out more enquiries and bookings these days. Though I own 1.2 Sport, I wish I could have own GTX (1.6 Sport). FIAT discontinued it when I bought my machine... 1.6 really rocks !!!! I wish FIAT very best luck for their plans for India. Would like to see more and more palios roaming around...
Palio 1.2 NV Sport/ Silver frost/ 3020 KM/ Pune
|1st June 2006, 00:29||#2|
Join Date: Feb 2006
Thanked: 0 Times
Hi Congratulations on the new car.
|1st June 2006, 09:42||#3|
Join Date: Apr 2004
Thanked: 24 Times
Congrats on owning one of the best hatch's!!
just curious, did you buy it from fiat or tata-fiat
any feedback on the tata-fiat service?
|1st June 2006, 15:37||#5|
Join Date: May 2006
Thanked: 134 Times
Great report Abhijeet. As far as ride, handling, looks are concerned Palio wins hands down. I bet this is the best value hatch money can buy. The fuel efficiency is decent too. Just that media and people had compared this car to the tin boxes like zen/santro/wagon R and then screamed about efficieny. Now same media is comparing it to the Getz/Swift which give more or less the same KPL.
One thing you have to keep in mind when you buy a Palio. True Italian beauty that she is , expect her to be tempramental, needing love and attention unlike the German/Korean and Japanese
|18th June 2006, 21:18||#9|
Join Date: Sep 2005
Thanked: 180 Times
Excellent write-up buddy! Congratulations!!
I guess you pointed it right, this is the best hatch in the segment. I proudly own a Palio D. The driving comfort and handling is very kewl. I hvae had a couple of long drives during the past 6 months and never felt like the 1100KG is going at 90-100 while on highway if the windows are rolled up. its truly a tank like feeling.
As far as ***, things are getting better now with Tata. this week was the first time I paid for the oil / oil filter / diesel filter first time in past 6 months, no single paise paid towards the service. I had the product and the technology in center of my mind when I made the decission, FE and other things are some other parameter those are not going to make considerable diff to my decission, at least for me.
I hope, I'll soon find time to come up with a review on my Palio D clocking 6600 on odo
|12th September 2006, 10:33||#12|
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Monterey Bay,CA
Thanked: 5 Times
Can you please provide the ex-showroom price of models of Palio in your region?
|13th September 2006, 06:09||#13|
Join Date: Jul 2005
Thanked: 6 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
hey congrats neoonwheels for purchasing the italian stallion.i agree with you,its a perfect allrounder.i own a siena 1.6 and everytime it does'nt fail to bring a smile on my face when i prod the acc.best of luck and happy motoring
|29th September 2006, 13:53||#14|
Join Date: Dec 2004
Thanked: 4 Times
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Palio 1.6 GTX v/s Palio 1.6 Sport - Visible Differences||moralfibre||The Indian Car Scene||140||21st May 2014 17:21|
|My Forza - Fiat Palio MJD Report - 3000 Km and 2 months||Ice||Long-Term Ownership Reviews||123||20th October 2010 00:06|
|Palio MJD SDX, 3000 Km Review||zaks||Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports||8||22nd September 2008 17:34|
|Palio 1.6 Sport Vs Palio MJD- pure economics||zaks||The Indian Car Scene||11||17th March 2008 14:22|
|help me decide-palio sport or adventure sport 1.6 for city driving||premchetan||Hatchbacks||46||9th February 2007 17:44|