Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2013, 16:25   #196
BHPian
 
Speed Pujari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 429
Thanked: 385 Times
Default Re: Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Nice,but i get more than double of these
its a MJD
I get 50% more than these and mine's stock Petrol (turbocharged from Fiat Factory). 13.9 KMPL to be precise. 11.9 in B2B (with 100% shimla cabin inside) and yet to checked on highways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Decided i wanted to clean my air filter out today or maybe even replace it if it was too dirty. Taking it out and cleaning it was pretty easy and took all of 5 minutes but what i was shocked by was what i found underneath the air filter.


Any clues anyone?
Looks like work of rats. Some rats made their house in mine's glovebox. There were some scratches on the wires and they have destroyed the foot mats. The reason I guess was the smell of Orbit chewing gums kept in the glovebox.
Gave my car to Fiat guys, they said there were some small wiring issues which they fixed without charging. I was told that the rats enters through the Air filter and found their way to glove box. Once in they can easily dance in the cabin. I am glad to have leather seats, or with any other material those were going to be first victims.

Get your car checked at any service station. It seems to be a known issue. For now they have installed a rat mesh in my car, which I think is just a way of consoling.

Last edited by Speed Pujari : 11th October 2013 at 16:26.
Speed Pujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2013, 08:21   #197
BHPian
 
TheTeacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Space-Time
Posts: 480
Thanked: 319 Times
Default Re: Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Not at all sir , feel free to ask whatever you want

Marked out the compartment in a red circle for your reference.
Awesome, thanks Puchoo, that really helps.

I'm going on my first multi-day long distance trip (about 1800 km overall) and saw the oil was a tad low. Went to the dealership to have everything checked, asked them to check the air filter as well. Told them about your T-Jet's cloth-in-the-air-filter; immediate answer - rats! You should keep a close eye on Tizzie from now on.

They claim to have cleaned and found everything good with my T-Jet's air filter. She also drank 300 ml of oil for 900 km run so far . I raised a stink about not being able to buy oil in liter quantities - dealership has only barrels that are dispensed like petrol. The service team lead introduced to me by KartikK (Distinguished BHPian - thanks KarthikK) arranged to put the balance of 700 ml in a spare plastic oil can for taking on my trip. He also provided a sealed bottle of coolant. I had to pay for both the oil and coolant of course. No other charges.

Glad I got this checked. Imagine looking for Selenia oil out in the boonies, or the horror of topping up with some other oil. The service team lead did not find anything unusual in this level of consumption in such a short distance covered. But all of this 900 km has been in city bad stop and go / cold start conditions. I'll know more about consumption during my trip.
TheTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2013, 08:24   #198
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,756
Thanked: 1,554 Times
Default Re: Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Awesome, thanks Puchoo, that really helps.

I'm going on my first multi-day long distance trip (about 1800 km overall) and saw the oil was a tad low. Went to the dealership to have everything checked, asked them to check the air filter as well. Told them about your T-Jet's cloth-in-the-air-filter; immediate answer - rats! You should keep a close eye on Tizzie from now on.

They claim to have cleaned and found everything good with my T-Jet's air filter. She also drank 300 ml of oil for 900 km run so far . I raised a stink about not being able to buy oil in liter quantities - dealership has only barrels that are dispensed like petrol. The service team lead introduced to me by KartikK (Distinguished BHPian - thanks KarthikK) arranged to put the balance of 700 ml in a spare plastic oil can for taking on my trip. He also provided a sealed bottle of coolant. I had to pay for both the oil and coolant of course. No other charges.

Glad I got this checked. Imagine looking for Selenia oil out in the boonies, or the horror of topping up with some other oil. The service team lead did not find anything unusual in this level of consumption in such a short distance covered. But all of this 900 km has been in city bad stop and go / cold start conditions. I'll know more about consumption during my trip.
1.4L FIRE owners have reported about oil consumption at times.Just to be on
the safer side,keep an eye on levels after topping it up.
akshay4587 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2013, 08:29   #199
BHPian
 
TheTeacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Space-Time
Posts: 480
Thanked: 319 Times
Default Re: Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013

Mine's a T-Jet, but will do. My car seems to be a bit different from others - higher oil consumption, lower FE. Hope it's not the harbinger of a troubling ownership.
TheTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2013, 09:25   #200
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,756
Thanked: 1,554 Times
Default Re: Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Mine's a T-Jet, but will do. My car seems to be a bit different from others - higher oil consumption, lower FE. Hope it's not the harbinger of a troubling ownership.
As per my understanding,your car is new,wait for a few more thousand kms on odo.
Make a habit of keeping an eye on fluid levels under the hood.

Last edited by akshay4587 : 13th October 2013 at 09:27.
akshay4587 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2013, 09:37   #201
BHPian
 
_raviShankar_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 136
Thanked: 65 Times
Default Re: Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013

The manual clearly states that the engine oil consumption can only be considered stabilised after the first 5000-6000 km. So i guess you shouldn't be too worried about the high oil consumption.
Enough of advice i need to check the oil levels in my car!
By the way what should be the ideal oil level when the engine is cooled down (lets say no running for the last 3 -4 hrs)?
_raviShankar_ is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2013, 13:37   #202
BHPian
 
nareshov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 268
Thanked: 165 Times
Default Re: Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
As per my understanding,your car is new,wait for a few more thousand kms on odo.
Make a habit of keeping an eye on fluid levels under the hood.
And the tyre pressure levels too! This easily affects the fuel efficiency.
nareshov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2013, 15:15   #203
Senior - BHPian
 
khoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dilli
Posts: 2,722
Thanked: 1,253 Times
Default Re: Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013

I am curious, did you chose to buy a litre or did they sell that quantity rather than the 300ml that was required.

BTW at the two centres in Dilli that I have been to one can buy packs of 1 & 4 litres or have it decanted in required quantity from 200 litre barrels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
They claim to have cleaned and found everything good with my T-Jet's air filter. She also drank 300 ml of oil for 900 km run so far . I raised a stink about not being able to buy oil in liter quantities - dealership has only barrels that are dispensed like petrol. The service team lead introduced to me by KartikK (Distinguished BHPian - thanks KarthikK) arranged to put the balance of 700 ml in a spare plastic oil can for taking on my trip. He also provided a sealed bottle of coolant. I had to pay for both the oil and coolant of course. No other charges.


Whether the engine is cold or hot ideally the oil level should be in between the minimum and maximum level mark notches on the dip stick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raviShankar_ View Post
By the way what should be the ideal oil level when the engine is cooled down (lets say no running for the last 3 -4 hrs)?
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2013, 15:45   #204
BHPian
 
TheTeacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Space-Time
Posts: 480
Thanked: 319 Times
Default Re: Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
And the tyre pressure levels too! This easily affects the fuel efficiency.
Yes boss, very careful about this.

Did a tankfull today, and guess what? I have a whopping 14% increase in FE! 7 kmpl to 8 kmpl! 100% city driving. Leaving on my first long trip tomorrow, let's see how the FE fares. To be safe, I am planning on filling the tank at every opportunity lest I be stranded somewhere. 45 liter tank, keep 5 l in reserve, useable 40 liters, @ 6kmpl (extremely conservative), refuel at 240 km distance (max of +10%). Worked out distances thanks to Google Maps and have identified each place I will fill up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I am curious, did you chose to buy a litre or did they sell that quantity rather than the 300ml that was required.

BTW at the two centres in Dilli that I have been to one can buy packs of 1 & 4 litres or have it decanted in required quantity from 200 litre barrels.
The local dealership has only the barrels, nothing smaller. Since the Mech Lead is a nice guy, he requisitioned one litre, put in 300 ml and put the rest in a used / spare plastic oil can and gave it to me. I was billed for one litre of course.
TheTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2013, 12:27   #205
BHPian
 
Sommos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bhilai, CG.
Posts: 984
Thanked: 674 Times
Default Re: Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raviShankar_ View Post
By the way what should be the ideal oil level when the engine is cooled down (lets say no running for the last 3 -4 hrs)?
The best time to check your engine oil level is in the morning.
Sommos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2013, 20:27   #206
Senior - BHPian
 
puchoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Delhi / Shimla
Posts: 1,433
Thanked: 750 Times
Default Re: Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013

So just to clarify for myself - is everyone suggesting that rats would have dragged that piece of plastic into the air filter - and that it was not accidentally left there by the factory guys or the dealership?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post


Looks like work of rats. Some rats made their house in mine's glovebox.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
immediate answer - rats! You should keep a close eye on Tizzie from now on.
puchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2013, 14:37   #207
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: DELHI NCR
Posts: 5
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013

Hi Puchoo, like you I also have been driving the Fabia 1.6 for 2 years and now planning to upgrade to another much talked and written about driver' car - Fiat Linea T Jet . In fact, I have already booked the T-Jet Emotion at Fiat Cafe in Janpath, C.P. Thanks a ton to all the tbhp members' comments and reviews on the car that helped me to take an informed decision: in particular, apart from your own, Karthik K's extensive and detailed review of the T-Jet convinced me that this was indeed the right car for me if my top most priority was Sheer Driving Pleasure. I had done a td of the Punto 90 hp Sport as we'll, but the moment I took the driver's seat in the t-jet Dyanmic variant provided by the guys at FC, I knew the car was special. Though the td was short, I could feel the connection with the car immediately. The feeling is visceral and difficult to explain but the experience stays on the mind like no other.

The colour I have chosen is Oceanic Blue though I know it would be difficult to maintain. However, of all the colour choices OB looked the most desirable.

The sales guy has promised delivery by Diwali saying that particular colour is not immediately available so keeping my fingers crossed.

Will update once delivery date becomes certain.
hell4leather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2013, 10:41   #208
Senior - BHPian
 
puchoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Delhi / Shimla
Posts: 1,433
Thanked: 750 Times
Default Re: Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013

Many many congratulations!! Diwali is not too bad , about 2 weeks away if they stick to it , keep following up. Whom did you deal with for the booking?

Just got back from a 900 Km drive , shall post a trip report in sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell4leather View Post

The sales guy has promised delivery by Diwali saying that particular colour is not immediately available so keeping my fingers crossed.

Will update once delivery date becomes certain.
puchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2013, 21:25   #209
BHPian
 
TheTeacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Space-Time
Posts: 480
Thanked: 319 Times
Default Re: Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
So just to clarify for myself - is everyone suggesting that rats would have dragged that piece of plastic into the air filter - and that it was not accidentally left there by the factory guys or the dealership?
Yes; the Lead Mechanic told me that there is a way for rats to do exactly this.

Sorry for the delay in responding; just got back from my very first trip with the T-Jet (~ 1,600 km),
TheTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2013, 15:27   #210
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: DELHI NCR
Posts: 5
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013

Sorry for the delay in answering - have been in talks with a banker to partly pay for indulging my passion for an Italian beauty - to wit, an auto loan for the T-Jet! . The SA at Fiat Cafe, Janpath is Keshav. Apparently, the car is in transit from Pune and delivery should be done by Diwali. As I said earlier, keeping my fingers crossed and hoping Fiat can deliver.
hell4leather is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT: 3 years, 4th Service completed KarthikK Long-Term Ownership Reviews 220 8th April 2015 00:19
The Dark Knight© comes home - Story of my Fiat Linea T-Jet Plus nishantgandhi Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 63 12th August 2014 22:10
Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up) Sathya_sc Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 225 4th August 2014 20:29
Fuelled FIRE into my (T)JET - The Fiat Linea T-Jet bnzjon Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 123 12th May 2013 00:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:30.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks