Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd March 2014, 13:45   #241
BHPian

Unhappy Re: Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Just went through it , congratulations again!! Karthikk has strongly recommended a tyre upgrade for many reasons including less road noise which you might want to consider getting done if budgets allow. Look forward to frequent updates on your thread !
Yup i went through it. But we wont be changing the tyres for a year at least(Budget issues). Any updates on your car repairs??
azhar915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2014, 14:30   #242
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013

Have not been able to find the time to go as yet , even this weekend i was out of Delhi and away from the car but soon enough hopefully. Same here , will probably look to change the tyres towards the second half of this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhar915 View Post
Yup i went through it. But we wont be changing the tyres for a year at least(Budget issues). Any updates on your car repairs??
puchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2014, 19:51   #243
Senior - BHPian

I am going to be taking the car back to the workshop again, did not want to mention it till i had driven it enough and was reasonably sure but i still think there is a problem with the turbo or the acceleration - while the turbo is kicking in i get the feeling it is not happening all the time , that sometimes it is not and sometimes it kicks in late - 2300 RPM or so , really strange - or there is some other problem .

There is also a "dhug dhug" sound coming atleast from the front right wheel area post them tightening up the suspension , when i go over a pothole or something...
Old 13th March 2014, 20:28   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am going to be taking the car back to the workshop again, did not want to mention it till i had driven it enough and was reasonably sure but i still think there is a problem with the turbo or the acceleration - while the turbo is kicking in i get the feeling it is not happening all the time , that sometimes it is not and sometimes it kicks in late - 2300 RPM or so , really strange - or there is some other problem .

Turbo pipe clogged perhaps?

There is also a "dhug dhug" sound coming atleast from the front right wheel area post them tightening up the suspension , when i go over a pothole or something...
could be an issue with the arm/ shocker mount. My car's arm and shocker mount in LHS front side were replaced and the problem vanished.
sidindica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2014, 20:30   #245
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for that , will look into it , any theories on the turbo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
could be an issue with the arm/ shocker mount. My car's arm and shocker mount in LHS front side were replaced and the problem vanished.
Old 13th March 2014, 21:49   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for that , will look into it , any theories on the turbo?
Check the inter cooler. Looks like there is oil in the intercooler which is throttling the boost.

Also check epicenter.rulez Punto thread. There he has explained the problem and solution in a detailed way
sagarpadaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2014, 18:45   #247
Senior - BHPian

So i think it is time to call the pandits or take the car for a pooja because its just a bad bad month for her.

This is what happened today thanks to one of Delhi's finest lady drivers. Driving at 50kmph inside a colony road and looking in her glove box for something rather than the road. She did not even have time to apply the brake. Saw her coming in the mirror about 3 seconds before it happened , with her head and hand near the glove box but very little i could do except take my hands off the steering wheel and foot off the clutch.

Estimated damage at 35,000 or so , insurance will take care of it all

1. Bumper completely gone
2. Lights are both cracked though not visible in the photo
3. license plate lights gone
4. chrome beading gone
5. Mud flaps etc bent out of shape
6. Boot lid has got lifted up and jammed in the lock position. While the upper panel is fine i am guessing once they open it the entire loading lip area would have gone inside a bit

Drove the car to Kashyap at Okhla , everything mechanically seemed to be fine which is a relief , car was then transported to their Noida facility owing to certain tools required which were only there and the cashless settlement happens there.

Expected time to get car back is 24-26th March , earlier if the insurance surveyor can come tomorrow else he wont be able to see the car till Tuesday thanks to long weekend owing to holi.

Fingers crossed that they do a good job and the overall experience is good , if anyone has any tips on dealing with them on this level of a job, would be highly appreciated.

and yes , the reflection of the people you see are those involved. Lady driver who later called her dad to the scene as well and their car.
Attached Thumbnails
Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013-picture1.jpg  

Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013-picture2.jpg  

Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013-picture3.jpg  

Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013-picture4.jpg  

puchoo is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2014, 19:15   #248
BHPian

Angry Re: Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013

Quote:

This is what happened today thanks to one of Delhi's finest lady drivers. Driving at 50kmph inside a colony road and looking in her glove box for something rather than the road. She did not even have time to apply the brake. Saw her coming in the mirror about 3 seconds before it happened , with her head and hand near the glove box but very little i could do except take my hands off the steering wheel and foot off the clutch.
That is very unfortunate. Sometimes you feel so angry that you were driving carefully while the other was not even paying attention. Such an incident also happened with me. A drunk driver in an SX4 banged into the front-left fender of my Jetta. Taking the headlight and all with it. I wish we could have laws in India which were more strict.

Last edited by aah78 : 14th March 2014 at 19:56. Reason: Deleting political comment.
thebfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2014, 19:53   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Drove the car to Kashyap at Okhla , everything mechanically seemed to be fine which is a relief , car was then transported to their Noida facility owing to certain tools required which were only there and the cashless settlement happens there.

Expected time to get car back is 24-26th March , earlier if the insurance surveyor can come tomorrow else he wont be able to see the car till Tuesday thanks to long weekend owing to holi.

Fingers crossed that they do a good job and the overall experience is good , if anyone has any tips on dealing with them on this level of a job, would be highly appreciated. .
Hi Puchoo. Sorry for your loss. Most of the workshops actually take care of the insurance related stuff. I had a cracked front windshield on my Alto K10 four months back. Called the Insurance company, raised claim, and they said that a rep will be coming for inspection. They also asked if i wanted the rep to visit at home or at the workshop. I opted for workshop and then drove to Windshield experts to get it fixed. The guys there said no need to wait for the rep to come and check the car. They had a tie up with my insurance provider, so they just took the photographs of the damage, i had to fill up a form describing the cause of the damage, then along with the copies of RC and Insurance, they mailed the details to the insurance provider with the claim ID i'd generated before. It was accepted in some 20-30 mins, got the windshield replaced and got back. All i had to pay the workshop was around 1.2k(Total cost was around 5k). Perhaps the workshop repairing your car can do the same thing if they have tie ups with the insurance provider so that you can get your car back at the earliest.
azhar915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2014, 20:04   #250
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the advise , the insurance is already taken care of as i mentioned , they have a cashless tie up with my insurance provider and by tomorrow hopefully , or worst case scenario Wednesday next week , all that would have been sorted. I hope the workshop does a good jo with respect to the repairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhar915 View Post
Hi Puchoo. Sorry for your loss. Most of the workshops actually take care of the insurance related stuff. I had a cracked front windshield on my Alto K10 four months back. Called the Insurance company, raised claim, and they said that a rep will be coming for inspection. They also asked if i wanted the rep to visit at home or at the workshop. I opted for workshop and then drove to Windshield experts to get it fixed. The guys there said no need to wait for the rep to come and check the car. They had a tie up with my insurance provider, so they just took the photographs of the damage, i had to fill up a form describing the cause of the damage, then along with the copies of RC and Insurance, they mailed the details to the insurance provider with the claim ID i'd generated before. It was accepted in some 20-30 mins, got the windshield replaced and got back. All i had to pay the workshop was around 1.2k(Total cost was around 5k). Perhaps the workshop repairing your car can do the same thing if they have tie ups with the insurance provider so that you can get your car back at the earliest.
Old 15th March 2014, 12:40   #251
BHPian

Quote:
So i think it is time to call the pandits or take the car for a pooja because its just a bad bad month for her.

This is what happened today thanks to one of Delhi's finest lady drivers.
So sorry to see the back of the beauty smashed like this. The silver lining is that the mechanicals are OK. Hope the car gets restored to its original beauty soon.

Did you ask the lady / her father to bear the cost or a major part of it, because 35K is not a small amount. Since you're using your insurance you'll loose the NCB also, if there is any.
Sommos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2014, 18:32   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Check the inter cooler. Looks like there is oil in the intercooler which is throttling the boost.

Also check epicenter.rulez Punto thread. There he has explained the problem and solution in a detailed way
Thanks , i have informed the guys at the workshop to take a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebfg View Post
That is very unfortunate. Sometimes you feel so angry that you were driving carefully while the other was not even paying attention. Such an incident also happened with me. A drunk driver in an SX4 banged into the front-left fender of my Jetta. Taking the headlight and all with it. I wish we could have laws in India which were more strict.
Totally empathize with you , i would got these guys to pay more if i could but quite frankly the process of getting them to pay through their insurance provider is so long that it is simple not worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
So sorry to see the back of the beauty smashed like this. The silver lining is that the mechanicals are OK. Hope the car gets restored to its original beauty soon.

Did you ask the lady / her father to bear the cost or a major part of it, because 35K is not a small amount. Since you're using your insurance you'll loose the NCB also, if there is any.
I managed to get some cash out of them as mentioned , should have been more but this was it , but they were nice people as well and beyond a point i did not wish to push it. The mechanicals are all ok as confirmed by the workshop guys.

Insurance sorted out , paid a visit to the workshop and as mentioned the first piece of good news was that all was good with the structural parts of the car / suspension. So the damage is bad but all comestic

The second piece of good news was that that i could get the car around 3-5 days earlier owing to all the insurance documentation getting sorted out today itself and skipping the need to wait for post Holi. A good start so far.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2014, 21:06   #253
BHPian

puchoo,

So sorry to see this! The Linea is a strong car; any other in the same price bracket would have sustained more damage. I hope the car is restored to new condition to your full satisfaction. Best Wishes!
TheTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 08:44   #254
BHPian

Very unfortunate event indeed!

Which car banged your Linea? And what is the condition of that car? The damage in your car does not look to be that much considering the speed of the other car you mentioned. Must be due to Linea's strong built.
sups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 09:42   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
Which car banged your Linea?
From the reflection in puchoo's image, seems either Hyundai i20 or Honda Civic.
tabrez is offline   Reply With Quote