Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 7th April 2014, 12:06   #271
BHPian

Default Re: Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013

Naresh,

The air filter in my car has been cleaned multiple times! Makes no difference to the FE.

I don't think the air temp difference is so much that it makes a drastic difference. Besides, my FE has been consistent since August last year.
TheTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2014, 18:29   #272
Senior - BHPian

Got the air filter replaced completely yesterday even though it was reasonably clean enough . Maybe a little improvement in performance but my issue still stands, will probably send the car in for a workup next week. While getting the air filter replaced the SA was kind enough to run a scan which showed no errors and also check the battery charging which was fine as well. He then wanted to check the spark plugs but unable as i had not accounted for that amount of time.

Been reading up a bit and there are some possible suspects plus what other members have identified which i will mention specifically , listed below , if any one has any other things to suggest the please do.

Oil in Intercooler (not sure at all if the T-Jet is setup in a a manner in which this can happen)

Accelerator pedal sensor?
Spark plugs - dirty?
Engine tuning (Although its perfectly fine at idle - no missing / shuddering or anything)
Pipe loose / leak - although again this i doubt they would screw up again.
Turbo pressure output - maybe not producing what it should?
puchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2014, 18:35   #273
Senior - BHPian

Happened to see your car yesterday parked (I guess somewhere next to the "automarc" lane or in a similar area) We were driving a 1.2 polo with an aftermarket end can.
sidindica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2014, 19:04   #274
Senior - BHPian

Automarc? - you mean near or rather in the Defence colony market?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Happened to see your car yesterday parked (I guess somewhere next to the "automarc" lane or in a similar area) We were driving a 1.2 polo with an aftermarket end can.
Old 10th June 2014, 19:08   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quite a while since i updated , my apologies!

The car for the most part is doing well. 1 year ownership gets completed next month and whatever complaints i have had in these 12 months have had nothing to do with the car but all to do with the after sales experience. Interiors sticking up well , leather seats doing fine , no problems with the AC - Delhi is going upto about 48 C these days and it takes about 5 minutes for the AC to bring the interior temperature down to the desired which for me is always between 25-26 C

I got into another bang up a little after the car came back to me from the last one. It was literally Deja-vu . 11-12 PM at night , car parked outside house , lady driver -looking for something in glove-box again!! - veer's away from the road and smashes into the right side of my bumper. Car was a Chevrolet Beat. Bumper smashed , the jet moved about 5-6 feet forward despite having the handbrake up such was the force of the impact. 11,000 in damages all claimed from the errant driver whose car suffered a smashed bumper , fender , broken headlights , indicators , engine cover bent and a few other things.

This time since the bodywork was very minor - just replacing a bumper , got it done at Okhla Kashap instead , in hindsight the worst decision i could have taken. First they took 1.5 weeks to get it ready - they forgot about me a few days after i had visited - then when it was finally ready it was the wrong shade of blue - dont ask me how they could have managed that but they did! Anyway an escalation and back to being ok now.

The alignment had also gone slightly out of whack - so far i have asked them fix it 5 times and each time they have not managed to , just a lack of attention to detail , will be taking it to Bridgestone or equivalent soon.

Thanks primarily to the mood this bumper incident put me into i decided to send a stinker to Fiat on the acceleration issue , 2 days after that senior technicians inspected the car in Okhla; same day as Biraj's ; (they came from Noida) and have identified the problem , or atleast thats what they have told me . The problem is with the boost pressure - what everyone did acknowledge was that the boost was coming on quite late - closer to the 2500-2800 RPM mark. Later on there was some update on the car not holding RPM's as well. Parts have been ordered , work expected to be done in 1.5 weeks given the time required for the parts to arrive and availability of the car - but i still do not have a clear picture on what the exact problem is and what is going to get replaced ; in true fiat style they are being cryptic and i am getting multiple requests to stay off emails now..

Car has been consistent on the FE front , with summers striking Delhi with a vengeance a drop was expected and it did happen. Median FE now at about 10 - 10.3 , the standard 20% drop which i see with the AC on all the time.I do believe that the acceleration problem is also dropping this a bit , i remember this being closer to abut 10.5 last year , but at any rate 10-10.3 is not a bad number and if at all it will move up a bit after the work is done. If i make few longer runs in the city between filling up then it averages out to about 11-11.2

The car is also due now for its second servicing which i am currently planning to get done alongside the turbo related work - since the car might be out for 2 days and that too Noida which is where i prefer getting it done from now on , but playing it a bit by ear - might defer it off for a week or so to gauge improvement basis the parts which are replaced for fixing the pressure.

Tyre upgrade planned once all these things resolve themselves. Don't have any more accessories etc to really put in , would like a set of projectors but think i will stay away from them for now. A solid paint treatment also on the cards at 3M after i witnessed the difference with the Fabia when i had gone to them a few months ago.
puchoo is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2014, 20:04   #276
Senior - BHPian

So fiat and kashyap combined continue to surprise me in the context of how low they can fall when it comes to customer service or rather lack of it , after the week got over decided to call them up yesterday to ask about the status of the parts and yell at me having to call them rather than the other way around... and just as well that i did because the date for the job has got pushed up

They placed the order , told me one week , and then forgot or rather decided to not update me that the part is in back-order and expected only by 1-2nd of July............ so the emails started again , Mangesh again prompt with his responses and got back to me today with an update letting me know that they had identified the part lying with a dealership in South India and would be shipping that to Kashyap , so only a few days as opposed to another 11-12.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2014, 00:01   #277
Senior - BHPian

LOL, yes the guys at Kashyap can indeed dig deep down and sink lower every time. Had gone and placed an order for a tyvek cover for the TJet. It took them better part of two months to order and get it. After it came in for some reason they would or could not confirm whether it was a tyvek cover or not. Then they told me it was sent to their other service centre in Noida and they were trying to get it back. Per my last conversation with the store incharge they had received it back and it was being offloaded as we spoke, along with other material and that he would call me once they had their paper work taken care of. It is now nearly 2 weeks and the call is yet to come. Not that I care anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
So fiat and kashyap combined continue to surprise me in the context of how low they can fall when it comes to customer service or rather lack of it
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2014, 11:33   #278
Senior - BHPian

So much for the lesser time , FIAT has gone completely silent since their last update to me , i am happy to play along for now , just gives me more meat for my future emails while in parallel i explore starting a relationship with another workshop and taking fiat and kashyap to task.

At this rate i might just end up waiting for the part directly from the factory - 30th is arrival date - the number of complications that fiat can push into a relatively simple process is really mind blowing - one small part to be delivered and they have made it into as much of a stressful process and with as much effort as a child delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
LOL, yes the guys at Kashyap can indeed dig deep down and sink lower every time. Had gone and placed an order for a tyvek cover for the TJet. It took them better part of two months to order and get it. After it came in for some reason they would or could not confirm whether it was a tyvek cover or not. Then they told me it was sent to their other service centre in Noida and they were trying to get it back. Per my last conversation with the store incharge they had received it back and it was being offloaded as we spoke, along with other material and that he would call me once they had their paper work taken care of. It is now nearly 2 weeks and the call is yet to come. Not that I care anymore.
Old 26th June 2014, 20:34   #279
BHPian

Quote:
So much for the lesser time , FIAT has gone completely silent.... relationship with another workshop and taking fiat and kashyap to task.

At this rate i might just end up waiting for the part directly from the factory - 30th is arrival date -..

much effort as a child delivery.
They have run out of their routine answers: their stock of answers is as rich as their spares inventory!

Now, Mangesh would do everything possible, within his JD to please you. But, how did you ensure that the order has actually been placed? If I am not grossly mistaken, zonal orders are CLUBBED together, and despatched every 2-3 weeks to the various ASS respectively, contrary to the ASS claiming "air lift", "urgent", "spare from the local warehouse of the brother from another mother" crap!

I mean, an ASS can only claim as much, no?

Please, if you have not already done so, take the Requisition Number from the stores fellow: I have experienced it myself, the moment you actually ask for the RO, which means, actual order placed, they get wary, and you can get facts, and not artefacts! Even the ASS would order as per THEIR logistics and financial comfort zones!

As per my discussion with a GM at another outlet, MOST ASS work on 60-90 days credit, and will not budge unless their earlier warranty/ other misc. claims have been processed and PAID by the manufacturer! Like wise, the manufacturer wont budge, unless their moolah has been accounted for!

I sincerely hope your issues are sorted out: Biraj has good feedback on DRS Gurgaon.

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 26th June 2014 at 20:44.
lapis_lazuli is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2014, 21:05   #280
Senior - BHPian

Yep , Biraj's feedback is a key influencing point in me wanting to try them out , add to that the 2-3 conversations i have had with them , they appear to me more enthusiastic than Kashyap - please note i say enthusiastic not competent , but in the case of Fiat a workshop having a proactive , enthusiastic approach is a rare thing anyway , i am planning to take the car for its second service there to try them out, will update once that is done in the next few days

I have an order number with me for reference , which was shared with me probably for exactly the same reasons that you have mentioned which are " proof that we have asked for the part" , hoping that it would keep me calm and it would have if they had decided to let me know well in time the revision of the delivery date,,,,,

As far as Mangesh is concerned , they might as well promote him to handle marketing / sales / customer service , he is possibly the most responsive guy in fiat i have come across - short of a legal notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
They have run out of their routine answers: their stock of answers is as rich as their spares inventory!

Now, Mangesh would do everything possible, within his JD to please you. But, how did you ensure that the order has actually been placed? If I am not grossly mistaken, zonal orders are CLUBBED together, and despatched every 2-3 weeks to the various ASS respectively, contrary to the ASS claiming "air lift", "urgent", "spare from the local warehouse of the brother from another mother" crap!

I mean, an ASS can only claim as much, no?

Please, if you have not already done so, take the Requisition Number from the stores fellow: I have experienced it myself, the moment you actually ask for the RO, which means, actual order placed, they get wary, and you can get facts, and not artefacts! Even the ASS would order as per THEIR logistics and financial comfort zones!

As per my discussion with a GM at another outlet, MOST ASS work on 60-90 days credit, and will not budge unless their earlier warranty/ other misc. claims have been processed and PAID by the manufacturer! Like wise, the manufacturer wont budge, unless their moolah has been accounted for!

I sincerely hope your issues are sorted out: Biraj has good feedback on DRS Gurgaon.
Old 26th June 2014, 21:29   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
I was on a conference call when I read your post. Luckily, my phone was on mute.

Quote:
Yep , Biraj's feedback is a key influencing point in me wanting to try them out , add to that the 2-3 conversations i have had with them , they appear to me more enthusiastic than Kashyap - please note i say enthusiastic not competent , but in the case of Fiat a workshop having a proactive , enthusiastic approach is a rare thing anyway , i am planning to take the car for its second service there to try them out, will update once that is done in the next few days
Like I mentioned earlier, the only reason for recommending them is the responsiveness. Competence is yet to be proven. It was a welcome change to interact with a FASS that wanted to understand the issues rather than pushing the discussion + work to some other day.
Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2014, 16:02   #282
Senior - BHPian

Yep , noted , was not implying that you were vouching for them or anything yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post

Like I mentioned earlier, the only reason for recommending them is the responsiveness. Competence is yet to be proven. It was a welcome change to interact with a FASS that wanted to understand the issues rather than pushing the discussion + work to some other day.
Old 2nd July 2014, 11:34   #283
Senior - BHPian

So i had a conversation with Fiat and Kashyap on Friday , and was informed that the part would arrive without fail by 1-2 July and as of now with the docket number i have , Blue Dart is showing it as out for dispatch and should probably arrive at the dealership by today evening maximum. I have told both Fiat and Kashyap that i want the old turbo unit returned to me as well once the work is over.

On a side note , i drove the car on RON 97 last week , felt like there was potential for more responsiveness from the engine but with my turbo acting the way it is right now the actual effect of the increased RON is probably subdued.
Old 3rd July 2014, 15:14   #284
Senior - BHPian

Part has arrived , car goes for work within this week itself. Will get the second servicing also done along with this for this time around. The reason they wish to keep the car for 2 days is not so much just to replace the turbo but find out the cause for the turbo problem - for example they mentioned examining the turbo pipes etc. So clearly problem identified , root cause currently not.
Old 4th July 2014, 12:01   #285
Senior - BHPian

Car has been dropped off a few hours ago for the work to commence. Servicing also being done side by side. Will try and see it in the evening once else thanks to the proximity of Okhla to office and home will be able to spend a decent amount of time there tomorrow. In case any one drops by Okhla please do check on my car :-)