Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 7th July 2014, 16:42   #286
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013

Update for everyone

work is done. I gave the car on Friday and picked it up Saturday evening , technicians from Noida were present both days including Mr. OP Sharma. The second service was also carried out.

In terms of work and eventually the output to be honest I was not blown away with what I felt. But like I have told Kashyap as well that I will drive the car around for a week so that I can gauge the performance and come back to them with more accurate feedback. But there are good things to note

If the performance of the car was say 5.5/10 then it has definitely improved and maybe gone upto 7.5/10 but I still feel that something is lacking and for me that is primarily the “push back into seat” thrust one used to get earlier . However the engine feels smoother , the turbo coming on is clearly more consistent , the engine RPM’s increase much faster as well.

It also appears to feel like that the car performs better without the ac on then with the ac on , the latter seemingly sapping some power and pulling capacity of the engine. I have mentioned this earlier as well but attributed it to the problems with the turbo itself but now wondering if this was a problem which has come up independently but was disguised from all of us behind the turbo issue – while giving the car I had made a mention of this but they did not check it out , for my satisfaction will do some homework on it and maybe get it checked out once.

So a bit of a mixed bag in that sense. I am happy with the uplift in performance but whether there is something to what I am feeling or I have simply got some irrational thought stuck in my head I don’t know. There is a fiat meeting coming up end of this month which I will try and attend and hopefully be able to drive a few other cars for comparison. Lets see what the next week of driving brings , i have told Kashyap and Fiat that I will get back to them by the end of the week with my feedback and then can decide what to do next if anything.

I saw the old turbo and clicked a few pictures , quite an expensive part – thought It was around 25,000 but its closer to 40,000.

All pipes were checked for integrity

Last edited by puchoo : 7th July 2014 at 16:45.
puchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2014, 16:47   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Update for everyone

work is done. I gave the car on Friday and picked it up Saturday evening , technicians from Noida were present both days including Mr. OP Sharma. The second service was also carried out.

In terms of work and eventually the output to be honest I was not blown away with what I felt. But like I have told Kashyap as well that I will drive the car around for a week so that I can gauge the performance and come back to them with more accurate feedback. But there are good things to note

If the performance of the car was say 5.5/10 then it has definitely improved and maybe gone upto 7.5/10 but I still feel that something is lacking and for me that is primarily the “push back into seat” thrust one used to get earlier . However the engine feels smoother , the turbo coming on is clearly more consistent , the engine RPM’s increase much faster as well.

It also appears to feel like that the car performs better without the ac on then with the ac on , the latter seemingly sapping some power and pulling capacity of the engine. I have mentioned this earlier as well but attributed it to the problems with the turbo itself but now wondering if this was a problem which has come up independently but was disguised from all of us behind the turbo issue – while giving the car I had made a mention of this but they did not check it out , for my satisfaction will do some homework on it and maybe get it checked out once.

So a bit of a mixed bag in that sense. I am happy with the uplift in performance but whether there is something to what I am feeling or I have simply got some irrational thought stuck in my head I don’t know. There is a fiat meeting coming up end of this month which I will try and attend and hopefully be able to drive a few other cars for comparison. Lets see what the next week of driving brings , i have told Kashyap and Fiat that I will get back to them by the end of the week with my feedback and then can decide what to do next if anything.

I saw the old turbo and clicked a few pictures , quite an expensive part – thought It was around 25,000 but its closer to 40,000.

All pipes were checked for integrity
Not sure if its related.
I feel that Fiat's dont like this weather.
I am not happy my Linea MJD's performance during the day these days.
It performs normally if it rains or early mornings/Late nights.
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2014, 17:20   #288
Senior - BHPian

Maybe and i would buy that , only thing stopping me is that i got the car during the summers last year as well and there were no problems there. Maybe the dynamics of the engine do change a bit after the first servicing , more linear delivery resulting in that loss of push. Really dont know , tanking up with 97 RON however does help a bit , maybe once this week is over ill start using that to counter this feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Not sure if its related.
I feel that Fiat's dont like this weather.
I am not happy my Linea MJD's performance during the day these days.
It performs normally if it rains or early mornings/Late nights.
Old 7th July 2014, 22:48   #289
Senior - BHPian

Why spend on 97 when 93 does the job at a lower price point and is more easily available at IOC bunks.

Quote:
Maybe the dynamics of the engine do change a bit after the first servicing , more linear delivery resulting in that loss of push. Really dont know , tanking up with 97 RON however does help a bit , maybe once this week is over ill start using that to counter this feeling.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2014, 00:16   #290
Senior - BHPian

The situation is opposite for me , i find 97 more easily available than 93 - i would be happy to tank up on 93 but i have only seen them primarily towards Gurgaon and one i think near Bikaji

There is one at Nehru place as well i think but have not heard the best things about the petrol pump - dont know of any otherwise in and around my place as such .... unless someone has started it recently? Let me know if you do know of an outlet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Why spend on 97 when 93 does the job at a lower price point and is more easily available at IOC bunks.
Old 8th July 2014, 13:43   #291
Senior - BHPian

Let me know the general area of interest to enable recommendations.

As for the IOC pump at Nehru Place, it is a good one and regularly recommended on the "trusted petrol pumps in NCR" thread.

Quote:
The situation is opposite for me , i find 97 more easily available than 93 - i would be happy to tank up on 93 but i have only seen them primarily towards Gurgaon and one i think near Bikaji

There is one at Nehru place as well i think but have not heard the best things about the petrol pump - dont know of any otherwise in and around my place as such .... unless someone has started it recently? Let me know if you do know of an outlet.
Old 8th July 2014, 14:26   #292
Senior - BHPian

General area is GK 1 / Defence Colony Lajpat Nagar / Lodhi Road. Thanks!!

Quote:
Let me know the general area of interest to enable recommendations.

As for the IOC pump at Nehru Place, it is a good one and regularly recommended on the "trusted petrol pumps in NCR" thread.
Old 8th July 2014, 17:35   #293
Senior - BHPian

IOC Panchsheel Park (on the Max clinic side)

IOC coco Jangpura

IOC coco Nehru Place

All have 93 on available.

Quote:
General area is GK 1 / Defence Colony Lajpat Nagar / Lodhi Road. Thanks!!
Old 8th July 2014, 18:21   #294
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a bunch!! Will try the nehru place outlet now that you have also mentioned that it is one of the better ones.

Quote:
IOC Panchsheel Park (on the Max clinic side)

IOC coco Jangpura

IOC coco Nehru Place

All have 93 on available.
Old 6th August 2014, 14:03   #295
Senior - BHPian

So Tizzie crossed both the 1 year mark and 10,500 Kilometers a few days ago. The fastest 10k i have done in any of the cars i have owned primarily thanks to all the trips i made early on with the car. Overall quite satisfied with the 1 year of ownership barring the few issues which i have had and discussed here.

As far as the entire issue with the turbo goes i am still not sure but have decided to wait for another inter city ,800 odd KM trip to gauge performance there and then see what i want to do next , there should be a trip coming up for Shimla which will see the jet visiting mountain roads again as well and would give me a better idea of-overall performance.

Second service was carried out a few weeks ago as well , cost about 4500 bucks but i have not paid Kashyap for it yet coz they dinged my car in two places and have told them that they can expect to see the money only when thsi is fixed.

Blue and Me still troubles a bit now and then but have become quite used to it and disconnecting the battery every once in a while to reset it , is now almost a routine thing to do once or twice a month

Car goes in for an extensive dry cleaning session in a few days at 3M , seats have got dirty thanks to general use in Delhi and the above average trips to the workshop have not helped either so will get that done ASAP. Not the Anti-Germ treatment which 3M keeps raving about but the standard dry-cleaning package which will cost about 1500 bucks.

Keen on getting some wrapping done to add some more ooomph to the exterior design , exploring what , if anything , would look good on the car. If i had a white car then i would have definitely done the roof in black but with the Oceanic Blue color i need to figure out what will work and where on the car it will work.
Attached Thumbnails
Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013-tizzie.jpg  

puchoo is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2014, 17:10   #296
Senior - BHPian

The oceanic blue is among the best colors. Would suggest to not think about any wrap.
Spend money in retaining the shine on the blue instead. If you are hell bent on cosmetic change, please look for some black highlights on the grill or faux silver areas in the bumper.
dipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2014, 19:20   #297
Senior - BHPian

Not at all hell bent on it and i agree , spending money on retaining the shine is good advise. I have not decided at all to do anything on the car , simply exploring possibilities right now and will only do something if it truly compliments the car else very very happy with what i have

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
The oceanic blue is among the best colors. Would suggest to not think about any wrap.
Spend money in retaining the shine on the blue instead. If you are hell bent on cosmetic change, please look for some black highlights on the grill or faux silver areas in the bumper.
Old 6th August 2014, 19:36   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Keen on getting some wrapping done to add some more ooomph to the exterior design , exploring what , if anything , would look good on the car. If i had a white car then i would have definitely done the roof in black but with the Oceanic Blue color i need to figure out what will work and where on the car it will work.
Buddy, this shade needs to be left as it is. Do not think about wrapping it because it's a dark shade and obviously with dark shade you can't complement a dark color wrap.

I have a Urban titanium shade Honda City Ivtec and have used Black wrap on it because Brown and Black are contrasting. However, Dark Blue and Black will not go well on this car since to make this color dark there is already a liberal use of Black color right from the beginning. So, using Black wrap will lead to loss of shine and the car will start looking really dark and over the top.

If you think of lighter shades then there are 2 of them i.e Gray and White but then you have to be prepared for accepting your car in a really striking contrast shade. It will take a lot of time for you to adjust to the look.

My opinion is not to try and experiment on this beautiful shade. Also, a small suggestion, do not use the carbon wrap from 3M as it will shrink and fade away.

For your help!

Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  81.9 KB

Name:  unnamed 1.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  78.2 KB

These are pics of recent wrap job done at IDE Autowork, Gurgaon.

In case you may need any further suggestion, please PM me anytime.

Thanks.

Last edited by ad3952n : 6th August 2014 at 19:49. Reason: pics added
ad3952n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2014, 19:58   #299
Senior - BHPian

Thanks , nice pictures!

Yep i agree like i mentioned above , i doubt i will be able to find any combination which works and thus by default this is more of a exploration exercise without any success being guaranteed or enforced

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Buddy, this shade needs to be left as it is. Do not think about wrapping it because it's a dark shade and obviously with dark shade you can't complement a dark color wrap.

Old 14th September 2014, 15:58   #300
Senior - BHPian

Another 1000 Kilos added , rather quickly when it comes to my average. All continues to be well with the car , have not managed the dry cleaning yet owing to one reason for the other and off for a few days for an international work trip so will need to wait till back to get it done.

Think i have managed to damage the seat height adjuster lever , the seat belt got stuck in it one day and i did not notice and pulled it up and then heard a 'crack' - still works but a bit tight , shall get it replaced soon enough.

Have new found respect for the AC and its cooling capacity in the jet, have gone through some of the hottest and muggiest days here in Delhi in a while and the Jet has the cabin cool and comfortable within minutes of taking off, really efficient.

My T-Jet branded mat has started on it's decline , the rest of it is fine but the heel area is starting to develop into what will eventually develop into a whole , could get a replacement but will be taking a look at some 3D mat options as well.