Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 12th October 2014, 13:44   #301
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013

And yet another 1000 Kilometers added again , there has been an increase in daily running in general . I have unfortunately not been able to find time yet to be able to complete the couple of items i have in line for her namely the dry-cleaning and an EGR valve checkup, that will now have to wait till post Diwali.

Other than that the car is perfectly fine , no tantrums or fussing about. The temperature in Delhi has now started coming down as well and i will be keeping a close eye on improvement of performance with respect to lower temperatures. We are only at the start of the new season and the real play will come around in November as such

For those who might find it interesting, the below is the monthly Fuel figures i have been getting - this is CITY only , i have removed highways and long distance running. A clear jump during the winter periods as can be seen - this is owing to the fact that the AC goes off completely for that time. Have also rounded it off a bit - so a 9.8 becomes 10 and a 9.6 becomes 9.5.

puchoo is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2014, 15:20   #302
Senior - BHPian

So Delhi starts cooling down!!

Temperature in the region of about 24-25 C when driving to office in the mornings and about 28-30 back during the evenings. The effect on the Jet's mileage is as much on time as migration times.

KMPL has jumped to the 11.5-11.75 range without doing much except with the AC off. While this particular tankful has seen some long driving (but also some traffic) , i think we are now more or less back to the 10.5-11 mark for the coming months.
puchoo is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2014, 13:40   #303
Senior - BHPian

So tizzie had a few updates to her this week , a few days ago i had opened the engine compartment to put in some water for the windshield and realized that 2 of the 4 brackets which hold the main grill in place were broken ( probably weakened in the earlier accident some months ago) so decided to pay a visit to Kashyap and get them changed

The Kashyap workshop in Okhla is shifting to a new building , next to Volvo and currently everything is operating out of their workshop. For some idiotic reason they have packed up all the spares and put it into the new building and rendered them very inaccessible and are really only capable of providing parts and oils for regular servicing.

Fortunately being a Sunday decided to head off to their Noida workshop instead which had the parts. Replaced the main grill, also got the lower grill done to ensure they looked the same age.

Bit taken aback by the cost of the main grill - about 3000 bucks!! , the lower one was still fine at about 1000 but a bit shocked about the former. While there also replaced the RHS fog grill which had some minor scratches on it - thought might as well since once has made the effort to go to Noida and the part is available - the fog grill is very reasonable at about 500 INR.

Noticed this morning that the same fog light where the grill was replaced is not coming on , hopefully a loose connection and i do not need to change the entire light - i believe the cost of 1 fog lamp is 2000-2500 , sounds pretty steep to me again.

Over an above this , quite happy with things overall , Car is driving absolutely fine , i do believe i was being a bit light footed with the car for sure myself during the time i wrote about reduced acceleration but will still maintain the theory that the AC is putting some extra unnecessary load on it as well , currently ofcourse the AC is off.

Highway trip coming up in 1st week of December - Himachal and back ,looking forward to it!
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2014, 13:25   #304
Senior - BHPian

Went yesterday to get the fog lamp looked at which was not working and while i always suspected it to be the bulb itself , which was confirmed by the staff , i was pleasantly surprised to find that they had the bulb in stock - i was working with the assumption that they might try and force an entire fog lamp on me to make some money ( about 2000 INR) but they had them in stock - i picked up 3 bulbs in fact , 1 for replacement and 2 as my personal stock in case required again.

The bulbs are fairly reasonably priced at around 240 or so per piece.

The original bulb which came out of the car is a Philips (refer to attached photo) , the new one which went in is a Ricambi Originali.

Not sure if that is better or worse in terms of quality , glad i managed to find them.

Of-course while i was there and all this was happening , thanks to all the rucus i have created in the past they are a bit nice to me , so i got the air filter cleaned , the coolant was topped up , battery water checked , engine oil checked , 1-2 creaks lubricated and was offered a car wash as well but declined owing to it being pretty late in the day - all this without any charges

Kashyap has also shifted and have started operating out of their new workshop in Okhla , they are still in the same area but a new building which houses a showroom as well as a workshop - more or less the same size as the previous one , but more open and airy as opposed to the older one. The bodyshop which they used to have in another building is still there and that would be a multi brand servicing outlet.
Old 1st December 2014, 17:57   #305
Senior - BHPian

Would appreciate if you could post regarding the performance of the Ricambi bulbs vis a vis the Philips.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2014, 12:16   #306
Senior - BHPian

Shall do so , it will be a bit incomplete as one fog lamp is still running the philips bulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Would appreciate if you could post regarding the performance of the Ricambi bulbs vis a vis the Philips.
puchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2014, 11:54   #307
Senior - BHPian

I am happy to report post my trip that Tizzie for the most part is perfectly fine. Jumping around like a mountain goat on the hills and quick and sharp on the straights. Clearly there is no problem with the turbo per say , i will still get the AC looked at and the load it might be putting on the engine when it is running but i was quite happy with the way the car performed during the entire trip.

800 Odd Km's again , with about 275 on hilly roads. Entire trip average with respect to Mileage worked out to about 15.25 , 17 on the straights and about 12 odd on the hills when i checked , the hill drive was very aggressive with the engine touching 5000 RPM's regularly and i did not expect it to deliver much on the mileage front , i was just happy to find out that all is well post the entire turbo work.

I also got the balancing done from Tyre Dynamics in Noida a day before leaving , good professional job without any fuss whatsoever , definitely improved the handling dynamics of the car but i think i am still a bit off with respect to alignment / balancing.

Not too many pictures , most of you would have seen them in earlier posts anyway .
Attached Thumbnails
Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013-himalayan-expressway.jpg  

Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013-driving-up.jpg  

Old 15th January 2015, 11:30   #308
Senior - BHPian

Tizzie has been smiling since one returned back from the trip , no problems at all either in my head or otherwise

Just crossed the 15,000 mark and the car is now due for the next service , i have butterflies in my stomach , one would think i am going for a serious medical checkup and not just taking the car for servicing , hopefully Kashyap will not create any new problems.
Old 16th January 2015, 12:53   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Just crossed the 15,000 mark and the car is now due for the next service , i have butterflies in my stomach , one would think i am going for a serious medical checkup and not just taking the car for servicing , hopefully Kashyap will not create any new problems.
Now...now...You're giving me ideas!

A quick question- Is the Jet comfortable at speeds beyond 120? I mean- is it stable, and is the engine groaning a lot, or is it merely struggling to pull?

#TheBlackKnight () has sustained speeds of ~185 KMPH for a while under someones hands. I'm suspecting possible engine damage.

Is it? What say?

As and when the day comes, it'll have to go to service in either Oberoi or Kashyap, for the long drive back to Bombay/Bangalore. (Wherever I choose to register her.) Perhaps I'll have her registered in Pune. The registration number will be MH12LZ/5555, or perhaps a MH01BJ/5555. Or perhaps a KA03MV/5555. Whatever.

So Oberoi vs Kashyap. Which is better?

Last edited by FINTAIL : 16th January 2015 at 12:59.
FINTAIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2015, 11:58   #310
Senior - BHPian

I have only dealt hands on with Kashyap so cannot comment on the others , Kashyap is fine now with me thanks to me escalating and causing them grief over anything they did wrong.

Max i have taken the Jet to is about 140 on the Delhi - Chandigarh highway and it was fine stability wise , there are still a lot of RPM's left available at that speed but i do not see a point taking it further or actually anything beyond 110 - roads are not capable of it , driving becomes a tense affair rather than fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
Now...now...You're giving me ideas!

A quick question- Is the Jet comfortable at speeds beyond 120? I mean- is it stable, and is the engine groaning a lot, or is it merely struggling to pull?

#TheBlackKnight () has sustained speeds of ~185 KMPH for a while under someones hands. I'm suspecting possible engine damage.

Is it? What say?

As and when the day comes, it'll have to go to service in either Oberoi or Kashyap, for the long drive back to Bombay/Bangalore. (Wherever I choose to register her.) Perhaps I'll have her registered in Pune. The registration number will be MH12LZ/5555, or perhaps a MH01BJ/5555. Or perhaps a KA03MV/5555. Whatever.

So Oberoi vs Kashyap. Which is better?
Old 22nd April 2015, 12:10   #311
Senior - BHPian

Tizzie has just been handed over for her 24 Months / 30,000 servicing as of today. She has done only 18,000 so not at all close to the 30k mark but the time period is more or less up and with a few upcoming trips to Himachal decided to get her pampered up a bit earlier than planned. Service report , details and costings will follow but what was to be a routine affair more or less is slightly exciting thanks to the identification of a coolant leak, there was still more than half the coolant still in the holder so would have happened recently and have told them to change the pipes and attachments entirely under warranty

On a side note i believe that extended warranty cannot be bought now anymore - wanted to buy it off the counter today but was informed that there is no tie up and new ones cannot be purchased - still researching on this , have sought confirmation from Fiat as well and shall update.
Attached Thumbnails
Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013-coolant-leak.jpg  

puchoo is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2015, 14:28   #312
Senior - BHPian

So below is the list of work which was carried out as part of the 3rd service, since it was the 3rd , labor was free and only paid for consumables and parts.

The following filters were changed and new ones placed instead

Air filter
AC Filter
Oil Filter
Fuel Filter

The following oils and liquids were replaced

Engine Oil - unfortunately from the drum because they were over with the cans !
Power Steering Oil
Coolant
Gear Box Oil

Additionally one brake caliper needed to be replaced, the clutch had been giving some problems and was bled which has solved the problem to a large degree. Smaller items like a loose glove box nut, washer fluid, suspension bolts check , torque setting checks.

The coolant leak i wrote about yesterday has currently been plugged up with M-Seal till the pipe arrives which should be hopefully Saturday or maximum Monday. Had a reasonably long drive yesterday , about 50km's. and once back home checked the patch and the seal was holding up.

The total bill inclusive of all taxes came to 7300 , pretty good in my opinion and definitely not a number i would call expensive. The car is purring like a cat getting her belly scratched. Accidentally revved the engine to 4k RPM thinking i was in the 2nd gear when i was actually in the 1st but the engine moved up like butter on butter.

Also on a side note ,compared costs of the items to 99RPM and was pleasantly surprised to see mostly everything matching up minus maybe 5-10 INR here or there.
Attached Thumbnails
Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013-mseal.jpg  

Last edited by puchoo : 23rd April 2015 at 14:39.
Old 23rd April 2015, 15:29   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
The local FIAT Dealer is running behind me for a booking.

Meanwhile; This is what I remember from KarthiKK's garage :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vbpicg...do=view&g=4258

I'm seeing the Linea Classic as well. Honestly- Liked that car. Was invited to a T-Jet Drive recently. (As a prospective customer )

O Punto T-Jet; I await thee!
I happen to check the car prices yesterday and got a literal shocker of life.
The top-end Honda city with CVT is close to 15L . Forget that, a puny Alto top end is hovering at around 5L.

With that I think Linea T-Jet is almost rightly priced between 11 and 12 lakhs. I bought my T-Jet for 10.9L in 2010. Comparing other brands, I felt Fiat is the best VFM today.
Close your eyes and get a Linea.
Speed Pujari is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2015, 16:48   #314
Senior - BHPian

I too had gone car shopping and found the Corolla CVT @ 17.73L ex showroom. Came back and locked up my cheque book for another year or so in anticipation of the next segment Fiat (Viaggio?) making it to the showrooms here, complete with an auto box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
I happen to check the car prices yesterday and got a literal shocker of life.
The top-end Honda city with CVT is close to 15L .
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2015, 12:56   #315
Senior - BHPian

he pipe has finally been changed , it turned out to be a mini saga of sorts as after waiting for 3 days i was informed that the pipe was not available with Fiat as well and thus when it would arrive was "unknown" , as this was taking place the seal they had put also developed a small crack and hence the overall anxiety and urgency of the situation went up a few levels.

A few emails to fiat resulted in them locating the part someplace and sending it to Kashyap , within 2 days , and it has now been replaced as of a week ago. The car has hardly been driven since then owing to me being out of town for most of the week but the 2 days i did drive it , there were no problems.