Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2013, 08:04   #46
Senior - BHPian
 
sandeepmohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Wellington
Posts: 1,858
Thanked: 1,431 Times
Default Re: Tizze Lands Home- The Linea T-Jet 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Have to disagree on the cavity , it was not touched up properly at all. the problem is that it is clearly some element of the backseat , even the screws are visible. This was hard metal like.
I don't know. Never felt the cavity to be sore to look at even with those exposed screws. The material inside feels like styrofoam to me and not hard metal.
sandeepmohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2013, 11:35   #47
Senior - BHPian
 
puchoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Delhi / Shimla
Posts: 1,428
Thanked: 748 Times
Default Re: Tizze Lands Home- The Linea T-Jet 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Congratulations on your new ride Puchoo. Hats off to your patience. I've never really looked into how good FIAT's are here in India, but your dedicated wait to own this beauty says a lot!

Only in terms of pure refinement of the engine, on a scale of 1 to 10, where would you place the Tjet when compared to the City, Verna, Vento or even the Fabia 1.6 that you still own?
Thanks!! Thats a trick question and i think to each his own but if i was to give my opinion i would probably arrange them like this :-

Fabia.16
T-Jet / Honda
Verna
Vento

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawnilrules View Post
Congratulations mate!!! Its a stellar car... I am sure you will enjoy the ride for years to come. Drive Safe mate.
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I don't know. Never felt the cavity to be sore to look at even with those exposed screws. The material inside feels like styrofoam to me and not hard metal.
Fair enough , personal like/dislike situation - yes it was not hard metal but the first time i looked at it that's the impression i got thanks to the screws. Actually they could have left it open and given access to the boot.
puchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2013, 12:36   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 2,020
Thanked: 293 Times
Default Re: Tizze Lands Home- The Linea T-Jet 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Thanks!! Thats a trick question and i think to each his own but if i was to give my opinion i would probably arrange them like this :-

Fabia.16
T-Jet / Honda
Verna
Vento
Assuming you are rating Petrols only, find it very surprising that the best and least best are both running the same engine.
dipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2013, 12:43   #49
Senior - BHPian
 
puchoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Delhi / Shimla
Posts: 1,428
Thanked: 748 Times
Default Re: Tizze Lands Home- The Linea T-Jet 2013

Yes only petrol engines. I know but for me there was a difference in the engine , could be as simple as it being individual to the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Assuming you are rating Petrols only, find it very surprising that the best and least best are both running the same engine.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2013, 19:27   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
puchoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Delhi / Shimla
Posts: 1,428
Thanked: 748 Times
Default Re: Tizze Lands Home- The Linea T-Jet 2013

A few photos of the cockpit lit up...
Attached Thumbnails
Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013-light1.jpg  

Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013-light3.jpg  

Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013-light4.jpg  

Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013-light5.jpg  

puchoo is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2013, 00:31   #51
Senior - BHPian
 
puchoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Delhi / Shimla
Posts: 1,428
Thanked: 748 Times
Default Re: Tizze Lands Home- The Linea T-Jet 2013

Managed to take her out for a half way decent spin. 50 odd Kms across light to medium traffic conditions and a couple of straights

The instant fuel consumption reading seems to be doing perfectly all right. Changes are quick and quite real time. On a different note , got 11.2 from the car for the duration of these 50 with one massive jam thrown in. No heavy footing.

The "surge" which used to take place at the 1800-2000 mark seems to be a bit more timid now - its there but not as noticeable as before - but i guess this could be totally my driving style currently which is more timid than enthusiastic for the run in and i am not flooring the pedal. So maybe the speed at which i am spooling the engine is not enough for that "flood of power" to hit as hard as it did with the test drive cars because there i was flooring it.

Auto headlamps work quite well , glad they gave a sensitivity level adjustment . Have not tried out the rain sensing wipers yet but the wiper quality is excellent.

Music sounds quite good for the most part except with a couple of songs , leaving this down to the quality of the mp3 itself for now.

Got proper air pressure in today , seems it was running at about 40 PSI , have adjusted as per manual.

Still trying to get my head around and my phone around the Blue and Me System , have a feeling this will be one topic i will need to get some advise on from the gurus here.

Had planned for a small photo-op with the car but started raining heavily and it went for a toss but did manage to click a few - i love how the Alloys came out!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013-alloys.jpg  

Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013-bw1.jpg  

Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013-bw2.jpg  

Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013-rain1.jpg  

Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013-rain2.jpg  

Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013-speedo1.jpg  

Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013-speedo2.jpg  

puchoo is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2013, 12:46   #52
Senior - BHPian
 
puchoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Delhi / Shimla
Posts: 1,428
Thanked: 748 Times
Default Re: Tizze Lands Home- The Linea T-Jet 2013

275 km update

The weekend managed to gt some mileage clocked , i am also trying to get the 1000 KM's done quickly because expecting to take a trip around the mid of August back home and i want the engine to be run in by then

No problems with the car whatsoever.

Ride is slightly still but not complaining. I got the pressure down to what is suggested as per the manual in a "medium" load scenario which is 33 in the front and 30 at the back - have added 1 PSI more to these values

Overall FE of around 10 so far but 80% of the driving has been in bad traffic conditions plus not really looking at the FE anyway

I am still not sure about the wheels being aligned properly but i have not been able to make any straight runs to figure it out properly , if i cannot manage i plan on just getting it checked at Bridgestone anyway irrespective.

Any thoughts on running her on 97 octane? Recommended minimum is 91 which is what i tanked up with right now but was wondering if i can expect any major difference if i increase the Octane?
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2013, 14:09   #53
BHPian
 
Sommos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bhilai, CG.
Posts: 984
Thanked: 673 Times
Default Re: Tizze Lands Home- The Linea T-Jet 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
275 km update

Ride is slightly still but not complaining. I got the pressure down to what is suggested as per the manual in a "medium" load scenario which is 33 in the front and 30 at the back - have added 1 PSI more to these values
You can check the difference with different pressure like 32-30 and see if that gives you a comfortable ride. You can slightly vary the tyre pressure if the same gives you more comfort.
Sommos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2013, 14:24   #54
Senior - BHPian
 
W.A.G.7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,088
Thanked: 707 Times
Exclamation Re: Tizze Lands Home- The Linea T-Jet 2013

Woweeee... A beauty it is. The design is just a timeless classic. Those curved lines are just too beautiful. And the blue colour is mesmerizing, complements the white seat colours very well. Congrats, it's one of the best looking cars. I really liked the blue colour My only nitpick would be that the head unit of the ICE looks too boring. They should have put in a snazzier looking unit, if not a touch screen one. If the car is so beautiful why couldn't they change the head unit to a better looking one? with colours, lights and all the techno-gadgetry !
W.A.G.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2013, 14:24   #55
Senior - BHPian
 
KarthikK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,916
Thanked: 3,481 Times
Default Re: Tizze Lands Home- The Linea T-Jet 2013

Joined the party a little late since I wasn't pretty active over the past few days. Hearty congratulations on becoming the first T-Jet 2013 owner on team-bhp! Happy mile-clocking and smile-clocking to you, literally!

Lovely writeup there in the review, enjoyed going through it and through the descriptive pictures you've put up.

I would highly recommend a tyre upgrade if you can do it now. The goodyears can be swapped for a good buyback price at this time since you have hardly done any mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
275 km update
Any thoughts on running her on 97 octane? Recommended minimum is 91 which is what i tanked up with right now but was wondering if i can expect any major difference if i increase the Octane?
It is not required to run it on 97 octane. It will give you no gains, since the engine (and its parameters), is detuned for Indian petrol quality (91 Octane).

Last edited by KarthikK : 17th July 2013 at 14:26.
KarthikK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2013, 15:19   #56
Senior - BHPian
 
puchoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Delhi / Shimla
Posts: 1,428
Thanked: 748 Times
Default Re: Tizze Lands Home- The Linea T-Jet 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
You can check the difference with different pressure like 32-30 and see if that gives you a comfortable ride. You can slightly vary the tyre pressure if the same gives you more comfort.
Yep thats what i had planned for , probably take it down by 2 PSI and see how that feels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Woweeee... A beauty it is. !
Thank you!! Yes the design is a bit old and even i would have liked a more modern unit but i suppose given the design of the car it would be a significant change and i rather that they bring the engine back than an update unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Joined the party a little late since I wasn't pretty active over the past few days. Hearty congratulations on becoming the first T-Jet 2013 owner on team-bhp! Happy mile-clocking and smile-clocking to you, literally!

Lovely writeup there in the review, enjoyed going through it and through the descriptive pictures you've put up.

I would highly recommend a tyre upgrade if you can do it now. The goodyears can be swapped for a good buyback price at this time since you have hardly done any mileage.

It is not required to run it on 97 octane. It will give you no gains, since the engine (and its parameters), is detuned for Indian petrol quality (91 Octane).
Yes very late!!

How much should i expect realistically for the Good Years , its not on top of the agenda right now simply because i have not felt anything lacking with them - which i am sure might change once speeds and highway driving comes into the picture.

Noted , will keep it running on 91.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2013, 15:35   #57
Senior - BHPian
 
KarthikK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,916
Thanked: 3,481 Times
Default Re: Tizze Lands Home- The Linea T-Jet 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Yep thats what i had planned for , probably take it down by 2 PSI and see how that feels.
Try 31 or 32 on all 4 puchoo. I'd found that to work pretty well on the Goodyears. Neither too hard nor too soft. That formula of +3 PSI on the fronts, although mentioned in the owner's manual, is not so suitable. Instead, try uniform pressure in all 4 tyres. I find that to be better.

Quote:
Yes very late!!
How much should i expect realistically for the Good Years , its not on top of the agenda right now simply because i have not felt anything lacking with them - which i am sure might change once speeds and highway driving comes into the picture.
Somewhere close to MRP right now. MRP for the Eagle NCT5s was around 7.5k the last time I checked. Even if you get 5k for these and get Michelins or Yokos or Bridgestones for 9-10k each, it is still worth it, considering the net outflow will be ~15-20k. Not that it is an urgent need, but in my opinion this car deserved better OE tyres than Eagle NCT5s. If you have tyre upgrade plans, now is the best time to do it. If you try changing it later, the old goodyears will fetch nothing more than 500 bucks , so the cash outflow will go close to 40k.

Last edited by KarthikK : 17th July 2013 at 15:38.
KarthikK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2013, 15:49   #58
Senior - BHPian
 
puchoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Delhi / Shimla
Posts: 1,428
Thanked: 748 Times
Default Re: Tizze Lands Home- The Linea T-Jet 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Try 31 or 32 on all 4 puchoo.

Somewhere close to MRP right now.
Will do a 32 on all 4 the next time - much easier for the tyre fellow as well . The MRP is about 6800 as per the websites atleast - will check out some shops over the week and find out how much i will actually get,

The Alternative is to simply wait a bit - i have a 800 KM road trip coming up which would take the car across all types of road surfaces , speeds and hill roads - should be enough to get to know them and then take a call on replacements.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2013, 16:19   #59
BHPian
 
Biraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NCR
Posts: 545
Thanked: 960 Times
Default Re: Tizze Lands Home- The Linea T-Jet 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
The Alternative is to simply wait a bit - i have a 800 KM road trip coming up which would take the car across all types of road surfaces , speeds and hill roads - should be enough to get to know them and then take a call on replacements.
Even I will recommend getting them changed now. My car (on stock tyres) has done ~20K and the tyres won't last for more than 4-5K. There's uneven wear, high road noise and poor ride quality. I am going to get the entire set changed in another month or two.

I have stuck to Octane 91 + System G and I am satisfied with the way the car performs. I have never felt the need for Octane 97 apart from the day I took my car to BIC track day.
Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2013, 16:32   #60
Senior - BHPian
 
puchoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Delhi / Shimla
Posts: 1,428
Thanked: 748 Times
Default Re: Tizze Lands Home- The Linea T-Jet 2013

Definitely need to make the tyre shop visit happen then this weekend, What the frequency that you are using System G with - every tankful - every 2 tankfuls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
Even I will recommend getting them changed now. My car (on stock tyres) has done ~20K and the tyres won't last for more than 4-5K. There's uneven wear, high road noise and poor ride quality. I am going to get the entire set changed in another month or two.

I have stuck to Octane 91 + System G and I am satisfied with the way the car performs. I have never felt the need for Octane 97 apart from the day I took my car to BIC track day.
puchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT: 3 years, 4th Service completed KarthikK Long-Term Ownership Reviews 220 8th April 2015 00:19
The Dark Knight© comes home - Story of my Fiat Linea T-Jet Plus nishantgandhi Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 63 12th August 2014 22:10
Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up) Sathya_sc Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 225 4th August 2014 20:29
Fuelled FIRE into my (T)JET - The Fiat Linea T-Jet bnzjon Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 123 12th May 2013 00:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:21.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks