Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2014, 22:08   #91
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 953
Thanked: 427 Times
Default Re: Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
UPDATE : -->
======

At last i found a proper bulb for Ertiga fog lamp upgrade.
This is H8 55 watt bulb. The stock bulb is 35 watt.
So i am expecting a improvment.

I will check and update here.
Sir, any update on this? How is the light throw. Are they better than the stock bulbs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
After installation pics.
Very impressed with the stitching quality & installation.
All the workers know "what to do & How to do ".

Also got the floor laminated with thick rexine material.
Choice of colour is great IMO. Seems like the fit and finish is awesome.
JoseVijay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2014, 13:30   #92
BHPian
 
KALINGA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PUNE
Posts: 691
Thanked: 249 Times
Default Re: Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Sir, any update on this? How is the light throw. Are they better than the stock bulbs?



Choice of colour is great IMO. Seems like the fit and finish is awesome.
Yes, the fog lamps now have more light or you can say more illumination.
Stock bulb is 35 watt and the I have upgraded it to 55 watt bulb.

For seat cover it seems good till now. Letís see how long it last.
As per the shop owner these materials are good and last at least 3/4 year.
KALINGA is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2015, 17:04   #93
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 29
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Yes, the fog lamps now have more light or you can say more illumination.
Stock bulb is 35 watt and the I have upgraded it to 55 watt bulb.
What did you pay for the Fog lamps? Was there any relay change needed or just the bulbs were changed? Do you know where to buy it from (I am in Bangalore)?

Thanks

Vikram
vikramv4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2015, 00:16   #94
BHPian
 
KALINGA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PUNE
Posts: 691
Thanked: 249 Times
Default Re: Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramv4u View Post
What did you pay for the Fog lamps? Was there any relay change needed or just the bulbs were changed? Do you know where to buy it from (I am in Bangalore)?

Thanks

Vikram
I paid around Rs.200 for 2 bulbs.
No, you do not need any relay for 55W bulb.
You can get it in any auto parts store.
I sourced these bulbs from pune only.
KALINGA is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2015, 14:38   #95
BHPian
 
rakesh_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PNQ/MUM/PKD
Posts: 986
Thanked: 573 Times
Default Re: Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi

Kalinga,thanks for sharing the electrical guy's address. Did the electrician fit a relay for the aux lights?Can you please share some pics of the aux lights if you don't mind.
rakesh_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2015, 21:26   #96
BHPian
 
aerohit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: India
Posts: 804
Thanked: 482 Times
Default Re: Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi

saw your car pics on page 6, your rear bumper paint does not match , did you repaint the entire bumper?

i would have just repainted the damaged area since the lower portion of the damaged area is barely visible
aerohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2015, 22:18   #97
BHPian
 
KALINGA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PUNE
Posts: 691
Thanked: 249 Times
Default Re: Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Kalinga,thanks for sharing the electrical guy's address. Did the electrician fit a relay for the aux lights?Can you please share some pics of the aux lights if you don't mind.
Yes, My car has fitted with proper relay and wiring.
They can handle up to 130 W in each auxiliary lamp.

Here is the photo.

Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi-ertiga_resize.jpg

The light position is little high. I am planning to move the lamp to a suitable location. May be just above the front number plate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
saw your car pics on page 6, your rear bumper paint does not match , did you repaint the entire bumper?

i would have just repainted the damaged area since the lower portion of the damaged area is barely visible
Good catch.

Yes, the rear bumper has repainted, thanks to a moron biker.
It has happened last year. The lower part was damaged. Plastic welding done by a FNG and repainted. Total cost was Rs 1200. I did not claim the insurance.

Last edited by KALINGA : 9th September 2015 at 22:24.
KALINGA is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2015, 23:15   #98
Senior - BHPian
 
F150's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PUNE
Posts: 1,559
Thanked: 616 Times
Default Re: Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi

Hi Kalinga,
how much did you pay for the floor lamination ? I want to get it done for my SKODA RAPID.
F150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2015, 08:26   #99
BHPian
 
rakesh_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PNQ/MUM/PKD
Posts: 986
Thanked: 573 Times
Default Re: Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Yes, My car has fitted with proper relay and wiring.
They can handle up to 130 W in each auxiliary lamp.
Thank you for sharing the pics. I visited the shop (quite a small one) yesterday and spoke to a nice chap. I will be doing the installation on Saturday.
rakesh_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2015, 11:10   #100
BHPian
 
KALINGA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PUNE
Posts: 691
Thanked: 249 Times
Default Re: Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Hi Kalinga,
how much did you pay for the floor lamination ? I want to get it done for my SKODA RAPID.
It was for around Rs 2500. I can not remember the exact amount.

The total package was Rs 16000 (including seat cover and all)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Thank you for sharing the pics. I visited the shop (quite a small one) yesterday and spoke to a nice chap. I will be doing the installation on Saturday.
You are welcome sir.

Yes that shop is a very small but their work is excellent.
KALINGA is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2015, 09:59   #101
BHPian
 
rakesh_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PNQ/MUM/PKD
Posts: 986
Thanked: 573 Times
Default Re: Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi

Finally installed the Hella rally 3003 on my swift.He did a pretty good job.But I am facing with a slight issue of the lights vibrating a bit.Will take care of it this Saturday.
Attached Thumbnails
Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi-3000.jpg  

rakesh_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2015, 16:48   #102
BHPian
 
KALINGA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PUNE
Posts: 691
Thanked: 249 Times
Default Re: Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Finally installed the Hella rally 3003 on my swift.He did a pretty good job.But I am facing with a slight issue of the lights vibrating a bit.Will take care of it this Saturday.
Looks very good on the auxiliary twin.
And yes, that shop guy was telling me that issue.
The lights are little heavier side for the clamp. So might be that the reason why they are vibrating.
I believe , some kind of extra support may resolve the issue.
KALINGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2015, 18:43   #103
BHPian
 
KALINGA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PUNE
Posts: 691
Thanked: 249 Times
Default Re: Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi

UPDATE

The last service was at 30k KM. It was a normal servicing. LUV has completed around 37000 KM in 2 years and 3 months. Nothing to complain till now(touchwood).

Some days back an unusual sound developed from right front wheel. So a unscheduled visit to mass and following parts has changed. Total damage was Rs.2200. Remaining were covered in EW.

Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi-parts.jpg

Sometime back i have added 2 auxiliary lamp to the LUV. It was looking little odd but those lights were VFM and helped me in my night trips.

Used them almost for 6 months, mostly completed the 2015 rainy season

Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi-lv_4.jpg

Now i have removed those Auxiliary lamp after got threatening from my wify.

Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi-lv_1.jpg
Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi-lv_2.jpg
Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi-lv_3.jpg

The next upgrade search started again. This time i will look for something really good which should not spoil the stock looks of the car(Strict requirement from my Home Minister).

So only 2 costly option remains Projector+HID or HID only. Between the two, i will prefer the 1st one.


Finally i got a place for my car care products. A DIY with remaining material from my flat interior work.
Painted it same as my wall color.

Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi-carwax_1.jpg
Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi-carwax_2.jpg
Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi-carwax_3.jpg

Off Topic:

My 3 year old and 12000 Km old FZ-16. Still looks fresh, like just out of showroom.

Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi-fz_1.jpg
Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi-fz_2.jpg
Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi-fz_3.jpg
KALINGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2015, 21:06   #104
BHPian
 
aerohit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: India
Posts: 804
Thanked: 482 Times
Default Re: Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi

how does petrol ertiga feel with AC on and how does 1.4 petrol feel compared to diesel? Any drag?
aerohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2015, 09:23   #105
BHPian
 
rakesh_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PNQ/MUM/PKD
Posts: 986
Thanked: 573 Times
Default Re: Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
UPDATE

The last service was at 30k KM. It was a normal servicing. LUV has completed around 37000 KM in 2 years and 3 months. Nothing to complain till now(touchwood).

Some days back an unusual sound developed from right front wheel. So a unscheduled visit to mass and following parts has changed. Total damage was Rs.2200. Remaining were covered in EW.

Attachment 1429601

Sometime back i have added 2 auxiliary lamp to the LUV. It was looking little odd but those lights were VFM and helped me in my night trips.

Used them almost for 6 months, mostly completed the 2015 rainy season
What you could have done is,you could have placed them on the same level with the main headlight.Believe me the Ertiga looks more butch with those aux lights.
Finally took care of the vibration,I reinforced the clamps and now they are much better.
rakesh_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My 'Luv' - Maruti Ertiga Zdi EDIT: 70,000 km & counting! Rajain Long-Term Ownership Reviews 294 27th February 2017 19:32
"Luv" Story 2012 - My Silky Silver Maruti Ertiga Zdi nurni76 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 101 26th May 2015 18:13
3,800 kms across 4 States in 9 Days - A Family Sojourn in 'LUV' Ertiga Rajain Travelogues 42 29th July 2013 08:06
I am in LUV literally - My Maruti Ertiga ZXI ajay0612 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 188 29th June 2013 13:35


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:49.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks