Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 9th April 2016, 17:09   #241
BHPian

Default Re: Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by daebis View Post
hi
have been just busy with life...
Kms done 94000 Kms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartik.virmani View Post
Vivek Motors Gbz, without any issues. and zero bill.
How is their after sales service? I have test driven a vehicle from them

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Absolutely. In fact, post warranty, I see no point in going to an ASC at all unless one is forced to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkazi View Post
I own a pre owned pajero sports 2012.
Paging the Pajero Veterans for their expert opinions as I unable to decide.

I have been test driving various SUVs and mini SUVs (New Endy/XUV/Duster/ PS Auto) and have found the PS 4x4 manual to be of my liking. Yesterday, the lady from the Vivek Autolinks, Ghaziabad provided me a a long test drive on their PS 4x4 test drive vehicle which had 35k km in their Odometer. She warned me that as the test drive vehicle having seen some hard driving and lots, I may find the steering and the clutch bit hard. However, I had no problems at all and I absolutely loved the test drive.

I found the 4x4 manual suffering from far less turbo-leg then compare to the Auto version, that was the case even when plying with the tiptronic gearshifts. I absolute loved the SP maneuverability and driveability and I have no issues shifting gear. I started my 30km test drive near the IIT Delhi, crossed the bumper to bumper traffic between the Archini and Quatab Minar and onwards to empty roads in front of RSSB Ashram at Bhati mines.

I am sold with the manual 4x4 PS, however I am concerned with respect to the after sales, maintenance and spare parts aspect.

Our forum is full of thread and posts which talks about issues with Hinudstan Motors/Mitsubishi A.S.S. There are posts which pertains to fake parts, incomplete & shoddy work and at times even the workshop/dealership attempt to cheat. Somebody has even posted that the spare parts are super expensive and at times take days to arrive.

In fact the sales lady from the Vivek Auto informed me that cost of the front fender mirrors is about Rs.8k in the workshop where as the same is available in amazon at around Rs.1k.

I would love to own the Pajero Sports and I hope to keep it for 8-10 years but I do not want to be doomed because of lack or poor quality of parts/work. I am also concern because this generation of Pajero Sports will be discontinued from the beginning of next year.

Please suggest..

Last edited by aah78 : 9th April 2016 at 22:05. Reason: Post edited for grammar & spell-check.
dinesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2016, 20:17   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I do not want to be doomed because of lack or poor quality of parts/work. I am also concern because this generation of Pajero Sports will be discontinued from the beginning of next year
You have yourself listed all the shortcomings that anyone can think off , for sake of information , can you tell me how did you felt new Endeavour not comparable with Pajero ? Did you went for longish Test Drive for that as well , if not then I will suggest you to go once and if you are worried about deliveries find Trend version somewhere. It will be better equipped then PS / Fortuner. Coming to Pajero , I had first hand experience with Gurgaon dealer many years ago , who were cheats to core. Even at Chandigarh they have changed 3 dealers in past 2 -3 years , they are back with old dealer , don't know what was problem at first place. If you want something for 8-10 years it will be a good idea to buy something new , you might starting getting etch in 2-3 years. New Pajero - given the present state of affairs at Mitsubishi it will be difficult to predict when will they launch and how many dealers will they have by that time. You have not mentioned your priorities - what all do you need , if 7 seater is not a must and you need a good 4 x4 , you can check Isuzu by next month.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2016, 23:06   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
You have yourself listed all the shortcomings that anyone can think off , for sake of information , can you tell me how did you felt new Endeavour not comparable with Pajero ? Did you went for longish Test Drive for that as well , if not then I will suggest you to go once and if you are worried about deliveries find Trend version somewhere. It will be better equipped then PS / Fortuner. Coming to Pajero , I had first hand experience with Gurgaon dealer many years ago , who were cheats to core. Even at Chandigarh they have changed 3 dealers in past 2 -3 years , they are back with old dealer , don't know what was problem at first place. If you want something for 8-10 years it will be a good idea to buy something new , you might starting getting etch in 2-3 years. New Pajero - given the present state of affairs at Mitsubishi it will be difficult to predict when will they launch and how many dealers will they have by that time. You have not mentioned your priorities - what all do you need , if 7 seater is not a must and you need a good 4 x4 , you can check Isuzu by next month.
I had test driven the new Endeavour around first week of February when the vehicle was launched. Because of the Supreme Court ban in Delhi the Delhi dealership has arranged the test drive vehicle from Noida and they were allowing only a small round of around 2Kms. I understand now the Delhi dealership is not providing any test drive.

Having read number of test drive reports and reviews I understand that their 2.2L engine is litter under powered. I think 3.2L engine will be letter stretch for me as I want to restrict my purchase under 30Lakhs at this time.

I am primarily looking for a 7 seater so that everyone including my parents could be accommodated occasionally. I love driving so most of the driving will be done by me. Also looking for a 4x4 or AWD as I like to travel to mountains once a year however ideally it also should be a highway cruiser involving 1-2 number of 3000km+ travel in a year. Apart from these all other travel will be in the midst of Delhi traffic.

If I do not find a suitable 7 seater I am willing to settle for 5 seater. Please do provide more detail about the impending launch by the ISUZU. The only ISUZU launch I am aware is of 7 seater MU-X during the later half of this calendar year.
dinesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2016, 08:22   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinesha View Post
The only ISUZU launch I am aware is of 7 seater MU-X during the later half of this calendar year.
If you want AWD & 7 -Seater (front facing third row) and sub 2,00 liter, then your only option is XUV500. The latest iteration of the XUV500 is much improved, compared to the earlier version. Plus the automatic will be boon to drive in the crazy city traffic.

Right now in the budget range, there is no options for the XUV500 if you want automatic and AWD.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2016, 08:24   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I understand that their 2.2L engine is litter under powered.
Well it's not that slow either , I test drove it for a while last month and it had enough horses, didn't drove Pajero back to back but will suggest you to do. From my personal experience , whenever I had to buy a car I always had something in my back of the mind and then most of my actions - negotiations , benefits , features would be towards that particular stuff , since past few weeks I am looking for replacement for my ex 7, going by my old habits I got booked new 7 & then due to some other reasons , I thought of going slow and checking all other options and now I am looking at so different stuff including Mustang I can feel you have Pajero somewhere in back of your mind - clean this and start a fresh , perhaps take your parents and family along, I am more than sure new endeavour will bring more smiles and comfort to everyone. Have a look at below thread as well in case you have missed. Given NCR ban and overall low allocations to NCR Dealer , check these at some smaller places nearby like Ghaziabad / Sonipat or perhaps your hometown

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...mpetition.html (Ford Endeavour vs the competition)

Quote:
The only ISUZU launch I am aware is of 7 seater MU-X during the later half of this calendar year.
No, I was referring to V-Cross , but won't suit your requirements going by your requirements.

http://www.isuzu.in

Last edited by Turbanator : 10th April 2016 at 08:36.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2016, 12:51   #246
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by GTO : 11th April 2016 at 09:58.
dinesha is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 11th April 2016, 01:07   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazy82 View Post
Please pm me if you can help. I reside in new bombay.
Hey, saw this just now since I was not quoted here. I cannot PM you as well. My email is n.devdath@gmail.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinesha View Post
I would love to own the Pajero Sports and I hope to keep it for 8-10 years but I do not want to be doomed because of lack or poor quality of parts/work. I am also concern because this generation of Pajero Sports will be discontinued from the beginning of next year.
The very disadvantages that the PS has due to its dealer network are amongst its greatest advantages. Genuine spare parts are available across all major cities and at online sites as well. Further, it is a very simple vehicle and is hence easier to maintain compared to other high-tech competition.

Longevity and durability of the Japanese needs no proof.

Lastly, even with the arrival of the PS, it continues to be difficult to get a pre owned SFX at a good price. Get the drift??

Last edited by Jaggu : 14th September 2016 at 14:47. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote or Edit original post. Thanks.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2016, 13:42   #248
BHPian

Driver broke the right fog lamp glass. replacement from the company would be expensive. Any suggestions?
abhinavsureka is offline   Reply With Quote