Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2013, 21:01   #46
BHPian
 
urajkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 360
Thanked: 286 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Congratulations Raj.

Those alloys look brilliant and add the desired "kick" to the package.

Will be interesting to see the machine first hand.
Thanks so much! If you are in chennai we certainly can have a meet
urajkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2013, 01:28   #47
BHPian
 
Simple_car's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Dance Bar City!
Posts: 319
Thanked: 559 Times
Default re: My Chill Pill – Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel (Ambient Variant). UPDATE - Now Sold!

Dear urajkumar sir,

Belated congratulations on acquiring the most wanted car in India.

If you would have told me that you were starting of your own business, I would have said there and then not to even upgrade. Honestly, that could have waited..

That said, I do find the goodyears you bought a little on the pricier side (even after exchange et all). But, they suit your requirements very well.

Now, regarding the rpm issue you have, fellow member @dry ice has already mentioned about the obd port and app. But, there is another way to get the rpm reading on your odo:
I have the new fiesta, which has a tiny black lever in the console where the tacho is located (the same lever which in old cars was used to change the trip meters and time etc.). This little lever helps me access the diagnostic mode on the ford, which has the digital rpm meter as well.
Now, I had a look at your pics and the pics from the official reviews as well. I am not able to see that lever on the console. Is it absent? or is it not seen due to some photography witchcraft?
If it is indeed absent, you can try and inquire with the technician in the A.S.S. when you go there for service as to how to access this diagnostic mode in the ecosport. Please do share it in your thread if you get to know it.

Thanks,
Simple_car

P.S. those black ORVM's look killer!

Last edited by Simple_car : 5th August 2013 at 01:31.
Simple_car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2013, 07:43   #48
BHPian
 
urajkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 360
Thanked: 286 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple_car View Post
Dear urajkumar sir,

Belated congratulations on acquiring the most wanted car in India.

If you would have told me that you were starting of your own business, I would have said there and then not to even upgrade. Honestly, that could have waited..

That said, I do find the goodyears you bought a little on the pricier side (even after exchange et all). But, they suit your requirements very well.

Now, regarding the rpm issue you have, fellow member @dry ice has already mentioned about the obd port and app. But, there is another way to get the rpm reading on your odo:
I have the new fiesta, which has a tiny black lever in the console where the tacho is located (the same lever which in old cars was used to change the trip meters and time etc.). This little lever helps me access the diagnostic mode on the ford, which has the digital rpm meter as well.
Now, I had a look at your pics and the pics from the official reviews as well. I am not able to see that lever on the console. Is it absent? or is it not seen due to some photography witchcraft?
If it is indeed absent, you can try and inquire with the technician in the A.S.S. when you go there for service as to how to access this diagnostic mode in the ecosport. Please do share it in your thread if you get to know it.

Thanks,
Simple_car

P.S. those black ORVM's look killer!
Hey simplecar! Thank you for your wishes! You are right I should have cancelled it but then again it's was a long wait and so I got tempted. I will somehow manage

I thought the good years were reasonable cos they took my old tyres @ 4000 and new tyres cost 6500 ( continental was 9500) I paid the difference for upgrading from 19565r15 to 20560r16 @ 12k and ava alloys @30k which I also thought was a good deal. You should see them in flesh to understand how they stand out among the other alloy brands. if I did end up paying more,for the final result it gave i have no regrets.

Thanks for the update on diagnostic mode. Will check that. The black orvm, handles and the grill are my favourites too.

Last edited by urajkumar : 5th August 2013 at 07:48.
urajkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2013, 16:52   #49
BHPian
 
ashtorque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 52
Thanked: 19 Times
Default re: My Chill Pill – Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel (Ambient Variant). UPDATE - Now Sold!

Congratulations Raj. I like the non-chrome grills. The chrome ones look as if they've come out because of the angles at the ends.
ashtorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2013, 17:11   #50
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 106
Thanked: 18 Times
Default re: My Chill Pill – Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel (Ambient Variant). UPDATE - Now Sold!

Hi Raj,

Congrats on your new found love. That's a great review you have put out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
3) It has music system with USB/Bluetooth/AUX – I don’t need sync. I cannot imagine speaking to a car hoping it understands me when my wife after so many years still does not understand me!
And I would say that this is the best part of the review

The alloys looks smashing. Only concern from my view would be that the spare alloy exposes the metal holder more than the stock alloys.

Did you go with dealer insurance? or else opted for outside?
Rgds
Dinesh
ndinesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2013, 18:00   #51
BHPian
 
urajkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 360
Thanked: 286 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtorque View Post
Congratulations Raj. I like the non-chrome grills. The chrome ones look as if they've come out because of the angles at the ends.
Thanks ! That is the only thing I feel happy about the ambient version - the black theme which works well with the metallic colours like silver or chill
urajkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2013, 18:24   #52
BHPian
 
urajkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 360
Thanked: 286 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinesh View Post
Hi Raj,

Congrats on your new found love. That's a great review you have put out there.

And I would say that this is the best part of the review

The alloys looks smashing. Only concern from my view would be that the spare alloy exposes the metal holder more than the stock alloys.

Did you go with dealer insurance? or else opted for outside?
Rgds
Dinesh
Thanks Dinesh ! While I got a thump from my wife I seriously could not think of speaking to the car! May be am too old for these party tricks

The alloys did suit it well which is why I lost control and spent more than I intended to. Yes now the metal holder is exposed but only when you observe closely( i guess only team bhp members will notice it lol)

I took dealer insurance cos I feel service etc will be better and help maintain a good relationship with my SA who has been very good to me! Besides its a hassle and waste of time to coordinate all that! Personally i feel its not worth the 3 to 4 k saved!
urajkumar is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2013, 18:50   #53
BHPian
 
urajkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 360
Thanked: 286 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinesh View Post
Hi Raj,

Congrats on your new found love. That's a great review you have put out there.

And I would say that this is the best part of the review

The alloys looks smashing. Only concern from my view would be that the spare alloy exposes the metal holder more than the stock alloys.

Did you go with dealer insurance? or else opted for outside?
Rgds
Dinesh
Mods: I thought the previous post was not posted. Please delete one of them

Thank you so much Dinesh !

That part got me a pillow thump from my wife but seriously I cannot imagine talking to the car for doing things! May be am getting too old for such party tricks

The alloys looks so good in flesh(pics don't do justice actually) that I ended up spending much more than I had. The metal holder does show up but only if you observe closely, I guess only team bhp members will catch it

I took the dealer insurance so that service tomm is not a problem and also maintain a good relationship with my SA who's been so nice to me! Besides getting it outside would have been more hassle and time wasted for the 3 to 4k i would have saved! Personally I dont think it is worth it!

Last edited by urajkumar : 8th August 2013 at 18:55.
urajkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2013, 14:59   #54
BHPian
 
urajkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 360
Thanked: 286 Times
Default re: My Chill Pill – Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel (Ambient Variant). UPDATE - Now Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Congratulations. Happy & Safe Driving.

+1 @ ghodlur on USB position in HU. Why don't you try sticks small in size?

Link : http://www.flipkart.com/sandisk-cruz...e-424ce0680a35
thank you so much Vasuki for taking the extra effort to suggest me a link for the USB! Its fits very well!


Attaching a picture!
Attached Thumbnails
My Chill Pill – Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel (Ambient Variant). UPDATE - Now Sold!-new-usb.jpg  

urajkumar is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2013, 23:16   #55
nmo
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 65
Thanked: 42 Times
Default re: My Chill Pill – Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel (Ambient Variant). UPDATE - Now Sold!

Though this is academic at the moment but since you belong to a family that loves its Cars, you could possibly look at the USB stick for your next purchase (whenever that is required):

http://www.infibeam.com/Pen_Drives/i...TO-Black-Set-1

The advantage of this USB stick vis-a-vis others is that it has been designed to withstand 40% higher temperature than regular ones as well as possesses double impact resistance. Relevant extract copied below for your reference:

"Strontium AUTO USB is a USB flash drive that is carefully designed for Car Audio System. With its small physical size and ultra-lightweight body, it provides extreme convenience to car owners as they carry their music, photos, videos and other data around with ease. Clad in a high quality polycarbonate material, AUTO USB is not only able to withstand 40% higher in temperature as compared with other normal USB sold in the market, it also possesses double the impact strength and durability."
nmo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2013, 17:21   #56
BHPian
 
urajkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 360
Thanked: 286 Times
Default re: My Chill Pill – Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel (Ambient Variant). UPDATE - Now Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmo View Post
Though this is academic at the moment but since you belong to a family that loves its Cars, you could possibly look at the USB stick for your next purchase (whenever that is required):

http://www.infibeam.com/Pen_Drives/i...TO-Black-Set-1

The advantage of this USB stick vis-a-vis others is that it has been designed to withstand 40% higher temperature than regular ones as well as possesses double impact resistance. Relevant extract copied below for your reference:
."
Interesting Nmo! Thank you bro for sharing it!
however my requirement was different since this USB stick (like my old one) will also hinder the view to the audio system display (due to the length).The one suggested by vasuki is almost invisible & perfect for now. I will keep your suggestion as back up.
urajkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2013, 14:59   #57
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 106
Thanked: 18 Times
Default re: My Chill Pill – Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel (Ambient Variant). UPDATE - Now Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
I took the dealer insurance so that service tomm is not a problem and also maintain a good relationship with my SA who's been so nice to me! Besides getting it outside would have been more hassle and time wasted for the 3 to 4k i would have saved! Personally I dont think it is worth it!
Thanks for the update Raj. Can you let me know which insurance provider you got the insurance from? I too have booked with MPL and waiting for the delivery.
ndinesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2013, 12:51   #58
BHPian
 
urajkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 360
Thanked: 286 Times
Default re: My Chill Pill – Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel (Ambient Variant). UPDATE - Now Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinesh View Post
Thanks for the update Raj. Can you let me know which insurance provider you got the insurance from? I too have booked with MPL and waiting for the delivery.
Its the New India Assurance !
urajkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2013, 14:03   #59
BHPian
 
himadrimondal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 418
Thanked: 859 Times
Default re: My Chill Pill – Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel (Ambient Variant). UPDATE - Now Sold!

An absolute jaw dropper, the colour, the looks and the alloys.
You have got a terrific head turner in your hands, pamper it well with some good wash and wax.
Avoid getting it scratched at parkings, love it like a baby.
Wish you happy miles and a terrific ownership.
himadrimondal is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2013, 12:29   #60
BHPian
 
urajkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 360
Thanked: 286 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
An absolute jaw dropper, the colour, the looks and the alloys.
You have got a terrific head turner in your hands, pamper it well with some good wash and wax.
Avoid getting it scratched at parkings, love it like a baby.
Wish you happy miles and a terrific ownership.
Thank you so much for your kind words! It bought a nice smile to my face

A wax is on the cards, have put door guards for scratches but still at the mercy of my company car drivers! :(

Will post an interim update next week!
urajkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chill Bill - New Ford Fiesta Titanium Petrol - a 50,000 km report hypermiler Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 59 21st July 2017 22:21
Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel, Trend variant - The machine I love Jude300 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 83 5th April 2015 23:20
My Smoke Grey Ford EcoSport - 1.5L Diesel (Trend Variant) HappyRoadie Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 17 26th January 2015 19:34


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:21.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks