Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 28th December 2015, 07:10   #286
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Stormed and How! Tata Safari Storme LX Review. EDIT: Sold!

Hi Narayan, mixed feelings - sad to see you had to let go, but happy that someone picked it up so quickly. So here's wishing the new owner a long happy ownership of your Storme. And wishing you success in your assignment. Hope the new SUV from Tata comes before you are back , and you you can get an even better sibling of the Storme !
Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
I had 3 people check it out. The 2nd one, after being impressed with the vehicle, went straight to the Tata showroom and booked a new Storme
Sweet !
condor is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2015, 17:32   #287
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: Stormed and How! Tata Safari Storme LX Review. EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohansachar View Post
Hi Narayan,

Had the same issue with the left side door(front passenger), but mine was specifically due to a slightly loose speaker installation. The way it was even detected was by a SOP of opening the door & re-checking all parts & tightening them.

The ultimate answer is what I've always learned from you, if it's a Tata, it'll rattle. They can make cars for a 100 years but they can somehow always forget getting the basics right.
Regarding the door rattles, 90% of the time it is due to hardened rubber door seals. The inner door seals are made of good quality soft rubber, unfortunately they have a tendency of hardening over time, which leads to squeaks and rattles. I found that lubricating the rubber, with a rubber protection spray (dashboard, rubber, plastic protection spray), helps the rubber regain the softness, and voila no squeaks or rattles.
PS: I got this idea after reading of similar problems on a bmw thread
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2015, 22:34   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Hi Narayan, mixed feelings - sad to see you had to let go, but happy that someone picked it up so quickly. So here's wishing the new owner a long happy ownership of your Storme. And wishing you success in your assignment. Hope the new SUV from Tata comes before you are back , and you you can get an even better sibling of the Storme !
Sweet !
Thanks Condor. It was really difficult when someone else drove away the beast from my house. Felt this way last when I sold my OHC. I really hope there will be a good Tata product I can buy once I'm back in the car market. Till then the Bolt is anyway around for my family.
narayan is offline   Reply With Quote