Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 26th August 2013, 10:23   #61
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Stormed and How! Tata Safari Storme LX Review. EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
FE update is 15.5kmpl in 4 lane highways with speeds of 110-120kmph and a/c on in ECON mode always. I think this is good all though I am not hearing much on FE updates from other owners here.
I am getting around 9.5-10 kmpl - in the city as well as one the Expressway/highway.
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2013, 10:53   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

15.5 kmpl is vrey good, IMO
10 - lower side
I am in the middle
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2013, 18:12   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I guess beyond the recommended tyre pressure, thsi speed will start to flatten out ?
eg:
The Storme's recommended pressures are 32 / 34 psi. At higher pressures, the shape of the tyre remains same (not much deformation, unlike if running with lower pressures), Hence the min hydroplaning speed may remain more or less steady beyond the 34 psi ?
If the tyre pressure is increased, the hydroplaning speed will increase (which is a good thing). Tyre deformation will result in the hydroplaning continuing for a longer period of time.

An important point which I missed out is that once hydroplaning starts, it can continue till much lower speeds, i.e., if the car started hydroplaning at 91 KMPH, it will not stop doing so at 90KMPH, but will continue till much lower speeds.
neel385 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2013, 22:49   #64
Senior - BHPian

Guys
I'm facing a strange "problem" with the Storme. Every time I park the car at office/home I end up turning around and keep looking at the beast. Is this a common problem ?
Which reminds me how stupid the latest ad for the explorer edition is ! Did they think they could just shoot the beast going slowly through some forest trail, fast forward it and pass it off as an ad ?!! All they had to do was to get the Storme parked in one place and let some one drool over this handsome beast !
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2013, 23:07   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Guys
I'm facing a strange "problem" with the Storme. Every time I park the car at office/home I end up turning around and keep looking at the beast. Is this a common problem ?
Which reminds me how stupid the latest ad for the explorer edition is ! Did they think they could just shoot the beast going slowly through some forest trail, fast forward it and pass it off as an ad ?!! All they had to do was to get the Storme parked in one place and let some one drool over this handsome beast !
Lol! Funny.
Here's my side-
After drooling I walk to my office. In my cabin I remember the advertisement of safari which used to ask you what would you remember? The corner office? RECLAIM your life!
And then I start planning a trip. IMO this way the trips are going to bankrupt me not the mileage.

Last edited by stormerider : 6th September 2013 at 23:08.
stormerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2013, 07:10   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys
Actually, The problem is when you dont
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2013, 13:27   #67
Senior - BHPian

LOL I do the same. Just make sure no one is watching this shamelss display of auto narcissism and/or pretend to be fiddling with my remote key of something. And oh yes, I usually do this at least 2-3 times before I go out of line of sight .....

P.S. The Storme's backend is really handsome.
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2013, 12:06   #68
Senior - BHPian

Purchased the Gold AMC package for 4 yrs/40000kms for around Rs19500 yesterday. My though process behind buying this was that

1) approx cost of a oil change service is around Rs7500-8000
2) If I assume a running of around 10-12k per annum, first oil service is at 1 yr/15000 and 2nd one at 2 yr/30000. hence i will get 4 free oil services by way of age of my vehicle under this AMC which would have costed me Rs 30000
3) Apart from this I can get various wear and tear parts like brake shoes and suspension parts changed as well

I think its a good deal.
narayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2013, 13:06   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Purchased the Gold AMC package for 4 yrs/40000kms for around Rs19500 yesterday.
The deal does sound's good, is it only for Storme or even other Tata vehicle's can be bought along with this AMC?
Visran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2013, 13:47   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visran View Post
The deal does sound's good, is it only for Storme or even other Tata vehicle's can be bought along with this AMC?
All Tata vehicles come with an AMC package.
narayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2013, 17:10   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Guys
Sir - it is a common problem affecting all safari owners. There is a link between your heart and her that is not explainable.
verditer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2013, 18:59   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verditer View Post

Sir - it is a common problem affecting all safari owners. There is a link between your heart and her that is not explainable.
Her? Seriously? Call me gay, this one's definitely a male in every sense and from every angle!
stormerider is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2013, 17:00   #73
Senior - BHPian

Guys finally was able to do a city FE test. Did around 500kms in Chennai city traffic with about 40% ac. Got 11.2kmpl. Pretty decent. How I wish Tata had atleast got some weight reduction done in the Storme to match the Scorpio.
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2013, 17:53   #74
BHPian

Good review and congrats on buying the beast. You picked up the best color for sure.

Is it only me who thinks that the Safari Dicor looked more masculine and SUV'ish than the Storme?
pahwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2013, 12:21   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
2) Since it was just 3 of us, we pushed the middle row ahead and converted the rest of the car to a nice comfy bed for the better half and kid to dose half. Feedback on ride comfort was
Does the middle row have sliding feature or did you fold the seats up? In some ways with kids, I think this is a better option than the front facing third row. You can just fold the middle row up and make place for them to sleep.
4x4addict is offline   Reply With Quote