Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2013, 15:40   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
k_ajay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,164
Thanked: 464 Times
Smile Re: Dusky Brown Ertiga VDi: How my Suzuki got tanned & stretched!

I'm hoping you will invariably do highway drives soon over different terrains, so have subscribed to your thread. Need to know how this car copes with the highway over different speeds over extended periods, etc..

When you find time, will be great if you could also post interior photos too [we love to see them no matter how much snaps the brochures have, don't we ].

Roof carrier considered, mate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Congrats Raj.

Excellent review. You also got the Extended warranty 3+4 th year.
So till then no tuning box etc. modification.
Actually he can still go in for tuning box, which when learnt to operate/use, is a simple bolt-on, snap off 5 minute job that can be performed before going to the service station.

It's the re-map of ECU that cannot be done until entire received and availed warranty has exhaused its period of existence.
k_ajay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2013, 16:32   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,545
Thanked: 1,599 Times
Default Re: Dusky Brown Ertiga VDi: How my Suzuki got tanned & stretched!

Congratulations Raj !
Ertiga is a brilliant package with lots of practicality.


Recently, I've been driving the Ertiga a lot. Happened to be a rear seat passenger last week and found the rear windows are really MASSIVE. On a highway trip with sunfilm banned, it was a pain hiding against the sun.
Did you experience anything similar ?

Last edited by kpzen : 23rd August 2013 at 16:34.
kpzen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2013, 16:32   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
rajshenoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,849
Thanked: 627 Times
Infractions: 0/2 (10)
Default Re: Dusky Brown Ertiga VDi: How my Suzuki got tanned & stretched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
I'm hoping you will invariably do highway drives soon over different terrains, so have subscribed to your thread. Need to know how this car copes with the highway over different speeds over extended periods, etc..
That I will end up doing even if i dont like it. . Will keep the thread updated regularly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
When you find time, will be great if you could also post interior photos too [we love to see them no matter how much snaps the brochures have, don't we ].
I was waiting for the seat covers to post Interior pics, but that might get delayed. Since there are not many pics of VDI interiors, Let me share it

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Roof carrier considered, mate?
I dont think i have any plans for that in near future. My highway drives are mostly going to be 4-5 people with luggage in the boot. I would even use an innova as 7 seater on highways. 3rd row on an MUV is only meant for city drives or short distances(personal opinion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Actually he can still go in for tuning box, which when learnt to operate/use, is a simple bolt-on, snap off 5 minute job that can be performed before going to the service station.

It's the re-map of ECU that cannot be done until entire received and availed warranty has exhaused its period of existence.
May be my driving is too sedate or i am being cautious due to new car, but i am finding it adequate as of now.
rajshenoy is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2013, 16:53   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
k_ajay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,164
Thanked: 464 Times
Smile Re: Dusky Brown Ertiga VDi: How my Suzuki got tanned & stretched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
I dont think i have any plans for that in near future. My highway drives are mostly going to be 4-5 people with luggage in the boot. I would even use an innova as 7 seater on highways. 3rd row on an MUV is only meant for city drives or short distances(personal opinion)
Is it possible to entire remove (and fix) the 3rd row seats? If not, then I think the 2nd row legroom space will be compromised to an extend to not remain comfortable/luxurious anymore, even if the 3rd row of seats are folded down with their head rests off, don't you think? (to create flat loading space at the rear).

Which is why I asked if you were considering the roof rack. Will be interesting to know.. (i'm not much taller at 5"9 and no one in my [own] family is taller than I am).

Last edited by k_ajay : 23rd August 2013 at 16:55.
k_ajay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2013, 17:00   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
rajshenoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,849
Thanked: 627 Times
Infractions: 0/2 (10)
Default Re: Dusky Brown Ertiga VDi: How my Suzuki got tanned & stretched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Is it possible to entire remove (and fix) the 3rd row seats? If not, then I think the 2nd row legroom space will be compromised to an extend to not remain comfortable/luxurious anymore, even if the 3rd row of seats are folded down with their head rests off, don't you think? (to create flat loading space at the rear).

Which is why I asked if you were considering the roof rack. Will be interesting to know.. (i'm not much taller at 5"9 and no one in my [own] family is taller than I am).
I dont think it is possible to completely remove and fix 3rd row seats that easily. But Headrests can be removed very easilly though and can help free up extra 1 inch legroom

Coming to compromise part, I agree with you. As of now i am happily driving with second row pushed all the way back leaving the third row just like a cradle for my lil one to sleep. But the leg room is way to much in that case since my family members are shorter.

But even with the 3rd row seat folded flat, second row legroom is still better than that of Swift/Dzire(which are not famous for generous legroom, but Its enough for my needs) Also the Seat recline works wonderfully increasing the comfort even if the leg room reduces a bit.
rajshenoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2013, 17:22   #21
BHPian
 
VishnuNarayanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 118
Thanked: 73 Times
Default Re: Dusky Brown Ertiga VDi: How my Suzuki got tanned & stretched!

Congrats on your Ertiga LUV.
Wish the DDiS motor would surely serve you well in the long run. Your regular updates and queries on the ertiga thread shows how much you care for your car.
Wishing you Happy Miles !
Drive Safe
VishnuNarayanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2013, 20:35   #22
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 21
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Dusky Brown Ertiga VDi: How my Suzuki got tanned & stretched!

Hello Raj.

Congratulations for a well picked vehicle.
Must say you were spot on when zeroing in on your decision and really appreciate the way you came to this decision.

I have been using an Ertiga ZXi in Delhi for about 7 months now and have just clocked 10,000 kms. There has been one issue that has constantly been bothering me though.

ISSUE: I get a quirky wind noise from the driver's side A-Pillar at speeds over 80-90 kmph. And this has been there from from the first time I did that speed with my Ertiga. Please let me know if you're facing the same?

WHAT I DID
I wrote to Maruti Suzuki about the same and they promptly arranged a check up at their own-operated service centre (Maruti Suzuki, Naraina, New Delhi). They admitted that this problem is persistent with the Ertiga and took my issue as if they have had more of such (strange!). They kept the car for about 2 hours and applied some glue (white), which to my expectations, was of no use.

I hope and really wish that this problem is limited to my vehicle only.

Apart from this issue (in my Ertiga), there hasn't been anything yet that the Ertiga lacks. All the best with the vehicle, it's a great ride matched to brilliantly cushioned seats. My family enjoys it, so will yours!

Regards!
luxo_barge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2013, 21:21   #23
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,606
Thanked: 8,601 Times
Default Re: Dusky Brown Ertiga VDi: How my Suzuki got tanned & stretched!

Easily the most practical car in the segment. Congrats for the buy. Even I TDed it before I made my decision and found it to drive brilliantly.

And Raj really hats off to your logic and the way you went about it methodically. Wish you many miles.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2013, 21:41   #24
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 40
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: Dusky Brown Ertiga VDi: How my Suzuki got tanned & stretched!

Hi Raj,

congrats on your new ride. I am also looking to change my car and guess what there is a striking similarity between your and my choices.

However currently I am confused between Ertiga VXI CNG & Ford ES Trend Diesel. (I know not right to compare this but ertiga diesel doesnt make sense for my kind of running and ES doesnt have CNG option.)

Ertiga is missing the ABS which is in my must have list where as waiting for the ES service cost related feedbacks from fellow member.

Keep us posed on the pics of the interior as well as your new seat covers.

happy cruising.

Last edited by geekyengineer : 23rd August 2013 at 22:03. Reason: duplicate signature
geekyengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2013, 22:22   #25
BHPian
 
powerband_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 30
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Its decision time !!

Congrats brother. Great buy, rare colour! Looks nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Add on: Wooden interior package 5900
Would love to see some pics of that.

Cheers
powerband_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2013, 22:45   #26
BHPian
 
KALINGA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PUNE
Posts: 695
Thanked: 254 Times
Default Re: Dusky Brown Ertiga VDi: How my Suzuki got tanned & stretched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxo_barge View Post
Hello Raj.

Congratulations for a well picked vehicle.
Must say you were spot on when zeroing in on your decision and really appreciate the way you came to this decision.

I have been using an Ertiga ZXi in Delhi for about 7 months now and have just clocked 10,000 kms. There has been one issue that has constantly been bothering me though.

ISSUE: I get a quirky wind noise from the driver's side A-Pillar at speeds over 80-90 kmph. And this has been there from from the first time I did that speed with my Ertiga. Please let me know if you're facing the same?

WHAT I DID
I wrote to Maruti Suzuki about the same and they promptly arranged a check up at their own-operated service centre (Maruti Suzuki, Naraina, New Delhi). They admitted that this problem is persistent with the Ertiga and took my issue as if they have had more of such (strange!). They kept the car for about 2 hours and applied some glue (white), which to my expectations, was of no use.

I hope and really wish that this problem is limited to my vehicle only.

Apart from this issue (in my Ertiga), there hasn't been anything yet that the Ertiga lacks. All the best with the vehicle, it's a great ride matched to brilliantly cushioned seats. My family enjoys it, so will yours!

Regards!
Hi luxo_barge,

My Ertiga ZXi do not have such issue till now. My car has done around 2000 KM till now.
Done 3-4 expressway run with above 80 KMPH. But never find any noise.

I will check again this noise.

The only noise was from the rear AC blower with speed 2. Even in speed 1 it making some noise.

With AC speed 2 in both the front & rear blower are loud.
KALINGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2013, 00:20   #27
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian
 
NPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 4,827
Thanked: 4,777 Times
Default Re: Dusky Brown Ertiga VDi: How my Suzuki got tanned & stretched!

Raj - Congratulations on the new Ertiga, it really looks classy in dusky brown, nice choice
Ertiga is the right choice given your needs and constraints. As you said, you almost got a bigger Swift (and definitely the interiors are a notch higher than the previous generation Swift and Dzire).

Really liked the way you went about with the TD's and making the decision, and very well written experience as well, thanks for sharing.
Wishing you miles of drives with smiles in the Ertiga, Drive Safe.

Last edited by NPV : 24th August 2013 at 00:22.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2013, 07:27   #28
BHPian
 
drkritik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 89
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Excellent write up, most of the subtle but important facts well covered. Your attention to details and neutral way of putting it together makes this a great reading.
After reading this thread I really wonder should i be writing my ownership thread on my Silver Ertiga ZDi delivered on 12th August? Because most of the points (in thought process of decision making) and requirements were nearly identical, you've covered it very well.

Congratulations on your breezy new LUV.
Wish you a million happy miles. Please share some more pictures.

If you have a toddler at home get the floor laminated, it is easier to clean . Do you plan to install a engine guard?
Kindly include a brief review of accessories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekyengineer View Post

However currently I am confused between Ertiga VXI CNG & Ford ES Trend Diesel. (I know not right to compare this but ertiga diesel doesnt make sense for my kind of running and ES doesnt have CNG .
It is right to compare Ertiga and ES, we are Indians and it's right (& our right) to compare apples, oranges and Onions ! If they're offered in similar price point

We multi task and adapt to various needs of our families, we expect the same from our vehicles too, so manufacturer badging of a vehicle becomes less important here. Ultimately the product belongs to the consumers.

Most of us who bought Ertiga did consider ES in our decision making.

Note from Moderator: Please use the 'Edit' button to add more information to your original post, rather than creating a new post, if within the required time limit.

Last edited by Stratos : 25th August 2013 at 06:03.
drkritik is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2013, 08:44   #29
BHPian
 
Satshan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 163
Thanked: 172 Times
Default Re: Dusky Brown Ertiga VDi: How my Suzuki got tanned & stretched!

Truly a very-well compiled and honest review! Lovely comparison and perfect narrow-down to the Practical buy like Ertiga. Actually, I am so inspired by your write-up, this can be my next car.

The whole deal along with the resale value that you got was very good considering 6 years of ownership. Maybe, because it was a Swift. I own a Ritz Lxi (2011 model), don't think will get the similar value if I plan to buy it after 5 years of ownership.

Wish you loads of joy in this new luv. Congratulations Raj!
Satshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2013, 22:14   #30
Senior - BHPian
 
rajshenoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,849
Thanked: 627 Times
Infractions: 0/2 (10)
Default Re: Dusky Brown Ertiga VDi: How my Suzuki got tanned & stretched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Happened to be a rear seat passenger last week and found the rear windows are really MASSIVE. On a highway trip with sunfilm banned, it was a pain hiding against the sun.
Did you experience anything similar ?
Yes they are massive, But they make the cabin super bright, airy and have this feel good factor on long drive. I like it that way. In Bangalore, most of the time,sun himself is hiding behind the clouds and except the months of march and april.


Quote:
Originally Posted by luxo_barge View Post
ISSUE: I get a quirky wind noise from the driver's side A-Pillar at speeds over 80-90 kmph. And this has been there from from the first time I did that speed with my Ertiga. Please let me know if you're facing the same?
I havent driven over 80kmph for long distances because its been mostly in city now.so yet to notice the wind noise you described. May be I need to be on the highways for longer time to notice anything. But I found the NVH to be one of the best among diesels.
Hope your issue gets fixed for good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekyengineer View Post
However currently I am confused between Ertiga VXI CNG & Ford ES Trend Diesel. (I know not right to compare this but ertiga diesel doesnt make sense for my kind of running and ES doesnt have CNG option.)
You can also look at Ertiga Vdi diesel for similar price as ES Trend. I read somewhere that after next year CNG may become more expensive to run over diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkritik View Post
If you have a toddler at home get the floor laminated, it is easier to clean . Do you plan to install a engine guard?
Kindly include a brief review of accessories.
Yes the beige floor can be a mess and its awkward to ask all passengers to keep their feet clean before entering the car.

I have not gone for any accessories so far other than AC filter and Wooden interior trim. Seat covers are one Item, but like some suggested I might also keep current seat covers till they get dirty and then go for art leather covers. Reason being, i like the seat fabric except for its color.
I have seen few Ertiga already with the default MGA seat cover(Beige) from the silver kit. Its pretty basic but we get what we pay for. Confused about the seat covers
rajshenoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Taxi: 2012 Chevy Tavera vs Maruti Ertiga vs Chevy Enjoy? EDIT: Bought Ertiga ZDi M35 SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 21 9th January 2015 06:48


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:18.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks