Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 23rd September 2014, 13:30   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Baby Import: My Fiat 500

Ooh, I've always loved this cute little thing!!

Congrats on owning such a happy little car, mate.

Take good care of her and have fun!!
Speed.Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2014, 00:24   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB16 View Post
^^ Can you please explain what exactly happened with the AC. Was the compressor replaced or repaired? How much did it cost? Were the works done by FASS or through an independent garaga?
The core factor which resulted in my A/C not cooling was corrosion causing the compressor to disintegrate inside. The volume of air coming out of the vents also reduced.

First sent it to the official FIAT service centre and they had the car for 2 weeks after they diagnosed the problem being the compressor not working. They were charging an exorbitant amount of money and so we sent it to an independent garage. There they charged also a large amount of money and the car stayed for almost a month for the parts to arrive. As this was going on, turned out the tensioner belt had worn out and some of the piping also had started leaking. It cost a lot to replace everything as none of the parts could be swapped from the Linea or the Punto and so had to be ordered all the way from UK.

But as they say, all's well that ends well. Car is running better than ever now. A hoot to drive in Chennai traffic.
BraveArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2014, 01:23   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveArc View Post
The core factor which resulted in my A/C not cooling was corrosion causing the compressor to disintegrate inside. The volume of air coming out of the vents also reduced.

First sent it to the official FIAT service centre and they had the car for 2 weeks after they diagnosed the problem being the compressor not working. They were charging an exorbitant amount of money and so we sent it to an independent garage. There they charged also a large amount of money and the car stayed for almost a month for the parts to arrive. As this was going on, turned out the tensioner belt had worn out and some of the piping also had started leaking. It cost a lot to replace everything as none of the parts could be swapped from the Linea or the Punto and so had to be ordered all the way from UK.

But as they say, all's well that ends well. Car is running better than ever now. A hoot to drive in Chennai traffic.
I'm glad to hear everything is alright. But the story on what happened is remarkable to say the least. I don't understand how corrosion can cause the compressor to integrate from the inside. The only thing inside the compressor is the refrigerator gas.

The volume of air coming out of the vent has nothing to do with the AC compressor as such.

My daughter loves this little car and she wants me to buy one for my wife, so she can use it. Fat chance!

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2014, 06:55   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveArc View Post

Congrats on owning this beautiful little car. Is it your car that I have seen maybe a couple of times in the Thoraipakkam center of an IT services company?
arvind71181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2014, 06:59   #35
Senior - BHPian

Lovely car. The TriColore is a nice touch.
Italian style indeed!
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote