Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 23rd August 2013, 12:55   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Tata Safari: Bringing home the long cherished love

Congratulations and welcome to the Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeingCynical View Post

Alternatives Considered:

None to be honest.
Actually this is how a Safari is purchased almost always.

Quote:
Final on-road price Rs 9,43,300/-

Freebies I get Floor mats & mud flaps.

I bargained till my last breath for more freebies but the guys at the opposite end remained un-relented. In fact the mud flaps were never part of their initial offer. It only materialized once I wasted close to an hour of their time with my pasturing.
Dealers know how a Safari is purchased ( mentioned above) so what is there to bargain

I have this beast for last 5 years and took test drive of so many others in last couple of months but may be only a Safari can replace a Safari so I am settled for next 5 years now.
amitk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2013, 14:27   #17
BHPian

Here are two more photos of the beast

Tata Safari: Bringing home the long cherished love-20130706_123817_new.jpg
(Horizontal Look. I love the background)

Tata Safari: Bringing home the long cherished love-20130708_094335_new.jpg
(Yours Truly With The Truck)
BeingCynical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2013, 14:49   #18
BHPian

Congratulations on your new acquisition. Of all the vehicles I have driven, Safari still had the best second row comfort. Happy (s)miles.
Ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2013, 15:51   #19
BHPian

Congratulations for owning one the best VFM SUVs and wishing you and the beast many safe miles ahead.

Nice write up and a fundu sense of humour. I could relate with the, "In fact the sales guy Mr. Sheikh gave that facial expression as if I asked for his kidneys, not discount." as I got mine from Concorde in the 1st week of Jan '13.

I'm really happy with the buying experience and the service so far at Concorde.
padikpanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2013, 16:00   #20
BHPian

Thanks for the nice words padikpanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by padikpanther View Post
Nice write up and a fundu sense of humour. I could relate with the, "In fact the sales guy Mr. Sheikh gave that facial expression as if I asked for his kidneys, not discount." as I got mine from Concorde in the 1st week of Jan '13
Well, humor is part of my very existence. I remember the lines of my Guru. He said - 'The only difference between animals and humans is humans can smile'. This line has become my motto since then.

Coming back to Concord - Yes Mr. Seikh who was smiling initially got rid of his smiles the moment I popped up the 'discount' topic. Even quicker than Sanjiv Nanda washed his BMW. So didn't wanted to push further with him on this topic
Old 23rd August 2013, 16:33   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Coming back to Concord - Yes Mr. Seikh who was smiling initially got rid of his smiles the moment I popped up the 'discount' topic. Even quicker than Sanjiv Nanda washed his BMW. So didn't wanted to push further with him on this topic
In his defense, purely to be fair to the gentleman, in my case he did strive manfully for two whole days before coming back and saying no. He did however promise me the mats FOC.
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2013, 17:49   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
In his defense, purely to be fair to the gentleman, in my case he did strive manfully for two whole days before coming back and saying no. He did however promise me the mats FOC.
Same pinch ebonho, same story at my end too but at Concorde. I guess, they are trained to give that 'particular look' as SOP's .
In my case Mustaq Nishandar and Mr. Gaikwad were really helpful and over and above the discount, I too got the mats FOC
padikpanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2013, 17:54   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padikpanther View Post
Same pinch ebonho, same story at my end too but at Concorde. I guess, they are trained to give that 'particular look' as SOP's .
In my case Mustaq Nishandar and Mr. Gaikwad were really helpful and over and above the discount, I too got the mats FOC
Mr. Nitin Gaikwad actually heads their Accessories divn. Helped me with many queries as well as in getting the 15L Waeco Car Cooler. Helpful guys no doubt.
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2013, 18:10   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your dream acquisition! I don't know what's the story in Pune and don't mean to scare you but a White Safari LX without a robust security system is asking for trouble.

Please invest in a good GPS based security system, a kill switch if you will along with gear/steering/clutch lock, avoid parking it for long at desolated places and pay someone (security guard or somebody) to keep special eye on your Safari.

I'm not saying that Ex/Gx/Vx models aren't theft proof but to replace the ECM still requires more work than breaking and driving off in an Lx model (there was a thread also reported by a bhpian where his friend's Lx was almost jacked-off twice!).

Wish you many memorable journeys in "THE INDIAN" SUV!
fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2013, 19:18   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Please invest in a good GPS based security system
Thanks for ringing the warning bell. Like my driving pattern my parking pattern is pretty much routine. On week days it gets parkrd in my office parking and when out I generally park it in the malls. At my place the builder has provide each flat with keyless finger print recognized entry parking lots. So the truck pretty much remains safe.

Still will keep your suggestions in mind. Thanks again.
Old 24th August 2013, 00:10   #26
BHPian

Congrats on the beast.

And yes as mentioned by fine69 invest in a good security system. A close cousin wasn't so lucky and his car was stolen after almost 4 months of the purchase.
Switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2013, 07:21   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
Congrats on the beast.

And yes as mentioned by fine69 invest in a good security system. A close cousin wasn't so lucky and his car was stolen after almost 4 months of the purchase.
I am little scared now. Can anyone suggest a good security system for my beast?
Old 24th August 2013, 19:09   #28
BHPian

Quote:
I am little scared now. Can anyone suggest a good security system for my beast?
First of all congratulations on buying the truck its a dream vehicle for many of us, an itch that has to be scratched knowing fully well that there are chances it could turn out to be a rash , Tata afterall is Tata.

I suggest you to get a Gear lock Asap that is a strong deterent to car thieves and get a GPS Tracker fit as well Autocop does have a new range of trackers, both should not cost more then 10 grand, dont want to rub it in but you have bought the safari in white which is the most prefered colour of choice for crooks. What i do mostly when am outta station or park at night as some other place other then home or a known location i simply pull out the ECU connector from under the hood plain and very simple 2 min job That is one deterent the crooks wont have time to rectify hopefully!!

HAve a wonderfull ownership experience and drive safe

Cheers
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2013, 20:56   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
I suggest you to get a Gear lock Asap that is a strong deterent to car thieves and get a GPS Tracker fit as well
Thanks Born 2 Be Wild for your suggestions. In fact I had a talk wit Karrax yesterday. They have few interesting opions for car security. Will check them once I am back from Shirdi tomorrow.

In the mean time, I would be traveling to Japan for 3 months on an official trip starting next week. Since wifey is not too confident driving the beast, I am little worried how the beast will be well maintained in this period. Any suggestions? Wifey can start the car once or twice a week and will keep it running for 10 minutes. Nothing much than that. Any suggestions on what else should be done to keep the beast on top notch in this 3 months of idling period? Any suggestion will help.
Old 25th August 2013, 00:52   #30
BHPian

Hello BS,
You have have excellent way with words, I must say!!
Safari, no doubt has the best road presence withen 12L bracket.
Ad far as adding fog lamps go, I suggest you not to fit the original one. The light spread is not great & will not add value. Get Hella or something

Quote:
(Little did I know my wife thought I am talking about her when I said, let me take a snap of the beauty)
For your emotional & physical well being, I hope your wife does not read the above comment!!

Wishing you a happy ownership experience!!

Regards,
Varun
powertrain is offline   Reply With Quote