Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 25th August 2013, 01:11   #31
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Tata Safari: Bringing home the long cherished love

Congrats, nice write up. Everyone in India and definitely every one who has bought a Safari would have a nice story about how they fell in love when they saw it for the first time years back.

The previous Safari looked good with a front guard with fogs.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2013, 07:46   #32
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (10)

Congratulations buddy. You were so determined and got what you always wanted from college days.

Now that you have bought the beast of your dreams, looking forward to see the reviews of how you are reclaiming your life. Please share the experience and the pics.
rajshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2013, 20:47   #33
BHPian

Took my beast for a long ride to Shirdi and back. Total of 440 Km with 35 liters of Diesel. That maths out to be 12.6 Km per liter and the beast had done only 4.5K Km till now. I find this FE quite acceptable to my liking.
BeingCynical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2013, 10:25   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeingCynical View Post
Took my beast for a long ride to Shirdi and back. Total of 440 Km with 35 liters of Diesel. That maths out to be 12.6 Km per liter and the beast had done only 4.5K Km till now. I find this FE quite acceptable to my liking.
What speeds were you driving at - both on the stretch to Nagar and from there to Shirdi? Please PM if necessary.
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2013, 10:35   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
What speeds were you driving at - both on the stretch to Nagar and from there to Shirdi? Please PM if necessary.
Since the stretch from Pune to Ahemadnagar is all four lane, it was on and around 100-110. From Nagar to Shirdi, though the stretch has improved over last 3 years, a drive around 100 didn't felt comfortable so stuck to 80-90. And you might be knowing, the last 25 Km stretch to Shirdi is a shame on the English word 'Road'. So no chance of even applying 4th gear. So you can imagine the speed.
BeingCynical is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2013, 12:17   #36
BHPian

Update:

Observed few irritating habitations with my beast of late

1. Having some niggle (more like miking of Birds) every time the beast goes below 40 Kmph
2. Little amount of water I see when I turn the A/C nob beyond 3rd level
3. At times the when I honk the horn its interfering on the sound of the ICE. This happens when the FM radio is playing, not when I have a disk or playing from my iPod

Any suggestion BHPians :(
Old 28th August 2013, 20:14   #37
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the beast BeingCynical, Safari is indeed a dream vehicle for many! BTW do you, by any chance, also have a Bullet?

And please contribute here as well - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...-here-185.html (All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here)

EDIT:
Oops! Looks like you already did!

Wishing you happy miles with the beast!

Last edited by Dry Ice : 28th August 2013 at 20:15.
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2013, 10:00   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Congrats on the beast BeingCynical, Safari is indeed a dream vehicle for many! BTW do you, by any chance, also have a Bullet?
I wish I had. In fact Bullet was another of the machines which I had strong fascination during my college days. Thanks to the frail physic of my college days, I never dared to ride this heavy mobike

So it was judicious for me to stick to something very light, like my RX-100
Old 29th August 2013, 10:31   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats, BC. Wishing you a long happy ownership !

The Safari has always been special - but when I finally got the chance, I got a Storme.

btw, you should have tried the Bullet. It's not only about physique, but it's the attitude. Just think - " how can a frail looking be riding a Bullet ? This guy must be special ! "

condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2013, 13:55   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
btw, you should have tried the Bullet. It's not only about physique, but it's the attitude. Just think - " how can a frail looking be riding a Bullet ? This guy must be special !
Now I imagining myself with that physique riding a Bullet and all are looking at me with a scared look as if struggling hard to negotiate if it is a human or an alien of the MI fame
Old 29th August 2013, 14:00   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now I imagining myself with that physique riding a Bullet and all are looking at me with a scared look as if struggling hard to negotiate if it is a human or an alien of the MI fame
Bro you look far from small in your photos. To put things into perspective for you, a very close rider friend of mine, all of 5'2", owned and rode a Bullet 350 with great aplomb.
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2013, 14:13   #42
Senior - BHPian

COngrats Dude! a detailed and nice review. am still not able to find time/will to get a decent one written down though its more then a year

Welcome to the club, am sure you wont be disappointed btw, interestingly i see many picking Safari LX these days, and the simple reason maybe is the "pricing". atleast this was the reason which made me and my friends pick it.

Also, White LX looks good, while i had to make the choice i dint even want to think about it but now i realize this color looks nice!

Btw, dont worry about physique, Safari or Bullet is very easy to handle. you will need to get used to it. esp, you will find it very easy to reverse this vehicle.

Last edited by lohithrao : 29th August 2013 at 14:19.
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2013, 14:13   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Bro you look far from small in your photos. To put things into perspective for you, a very close rider friend of mine, all of 5'2", owned and rode a Bullet 350 with great aplomb.
I am no way small. I am 6 and 2. So height was never a concern. It was the health that I am stressing upon
BeingCynical is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2013, 14:29   #44
Senior - BHPian

Dont think neither of them is a niggle, for the first one happens if you drive (in any gear) with rpm below 1800, such noise can be heard, it only gets louder with higher gear. its not the right practice aswel.

Quote:
Update:

Observed few irritating habitations with my beast of late

1. Having some niggle (more like miking of Birds) every time the beast goes below 40 Kmph
2. Little amount of water I see when I turn the A/C nob beyond 3rd level
3. At times the when I honk the horn its interfering on the sound of the ICE. This happens when the FM radio is playing, not when I have a disk or playing from my iPod

Any suggestion BHPians :(
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2013, 14:39   #45
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new beast and wish you many happy miles! I really liked your narration especially the college part.
nitinbose is offline   Reply With Quote