Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 22nd September 2014, 18:27   #91
BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport 1.5L AT: Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish-iitm View Post
Congratulations for owning the wonder machine - Ecosport

I have booked Titanium (O ) with ecoboost engine. May take 15 days.

Kindly give me a feedback on Headlights - Do they need an upgrade?
The headlights are the dullest among all the cars I have ever owned. The dealer says the brightness is the maximum permitted by the Indian Government rules and so they do not offer any upgrade. Independent accessory shops have shown me options including one from Philips. Not sure if it will void the warranty, and hence I have not gone for it.

Hope that helps
Murugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2014, 16:29   #92
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
If you are getting mileage of 11 with auto transmission then its really good. I have heard horrendous mileage figures for 1.2L Petrol engine of Figo. I believe with higher capacity engine and auto transmission the mileage should have gone down.
We received our Ecosport AT on third of this month, but it took the RTO a week to register due to huge no of cars sold in Pune from 25th of Sept onward, (MH-12 LD xxxx ended. MH-12 LG xxxx started and ended and MH-12 LJ xxxx started in which our number was allotted)

Did only about 500 km till now, the efficiency showing on the MID is 7.8 km/L while the instantaneous efficiency on the dash varies between 5 to 30 but remains just above 15 while cruising at about 50 on city streets.

I find the up shift to be later than what I'd upshift while driving sedately, but much faster than what I'd do while driving briskly.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2015, 21:52   #93
BANNED

Great Review Murugan sir. Sorry for coming really late in this thread but I plan to buy an automatic car in the 10-11 lacs range by July. I have shortlisted the Rapid DSG and the Ecosport AT. I know one being a diesel and a petrol. But since petrol costs are down and if the car actually gives 11-12 kmpl in Delhi traffic, (Dwarka to Noida and back 5 days a week) then I can strongly consider it for the choice since it looks much more stylish than the Rapid especially in that orange or blue shade!
kisharchit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2015, 20:20   #94
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 10th April 2015 at 15:50.
heydj is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 12th April 2015, 20:55   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisharchit View Post
Great Review Murugan sir. Sorry for coming really late in this thread but I plan to buy an automatic car in the 10-11 lacs range by July. I have shortlisted the Rapid DSG and the Ecosport AT. I know one being a diesel and a petrol. But since petrol costs are down and if the car actually gives 11-12 kmpl in Delhi traffic, (Dwarka to Noida and back 5 days a week) then I can strongly consider it for the choice since it looks much more stylish than the Rapid especially in that orange or blue shade!
Looks can be subjective, and as you like Ecosport, especially in orange or blue shade, i strongly recommend that you follow your heart, rather than sitting in a different car and having heart aches whenever one passes your way. Comparing rapid diesel and ES AT is like apples to oranges. Thankfully there are no dealbreakers in Ecosport, if you are ok with the ride and space. Heres what you get in ES 1.5 AT

+Capable AT gearbox
+World class safety features including 6 airbags, Stability & Traction control, in line with requirements of developed nations.
+Good ground clearance is practical for indian road conditions.
+Premium interior look and feel.
+Good driving dynamics compared to crossover standards.
+More service centers and less maintenance cost.

And few positives for rapid are:

+DSG is a faster and better AT unit.
+Car has more power and torque. ES will feel lethargic compared to it.
+More space
+Much better ride and handling

Take a extensive test drive of two and decide which one you like better overall. Car purchase is a every emotional decision. All the best !
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2015, 10:02   #96
BHPian

Hi, it's good to hear of a mileage of 11+ in city for the EcoSport AT.
My wife's cousin has it and he is fedup with his EcoSport AT as he is getting only 5-6 km/lt. (Sedate driving conditions)

I was considering buying an ES AT, but after this feedback, doubtful of it.
Insane Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2015, 13:44   #97
bhp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaneOp View Post
Hi a quick question. I saw in one of the reviews that ecosport AT Offers 10 yrs 2.5 lac kms warranty for transmission only . Please confirm if your came with it.
Yes, the Gearbox comes with a standard 10 year warranty.
bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2015, 19:50   #98

HI, this is my first post ever on Team BHP!!

I have been reading this thread, as I am very seriously considering an ES AT. (I drive a corolla Altis AT)
While my family and I are extremely happy with the practicality and space offered by the ES, I had a concern on the driving experience during the test drive.
The vehicle I drove had a "clutch slippage" while we accelerated from standstill. I wanted to ask owners of the ES if this is a characteristic of the dual clutch or if theres something wrong with the Test Drive Car. The vehicle had about 7000 km on the ODO. The sales reps couldn't answer this issue.
Although I shouldn't, I couldn't but help compare the smooth power delivery and quietness of the Altis to the ES, which was sluggish and had to be pushed hard and got noisy. I did not get the result of the push either in terms of sheer pickup.
I am now torn between the practicality and amazing versatility of the ES and its disappointing driving characteristcs (compared to Altis AT).
Would appreciate if someone can help reassure me with the ES's driving experience.
satyanu28 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2015, 20:44   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyanu28 View Post
Although I shouldn't, I couldn't but help compare the smooth power delivery and quietness of the Altis to the ES, which was sluggish and had to be pushed hard and got noisy. I did not get the result of the push either in terms of sheer pickup.
I am now torn between the practicality and amazing versatility of the ES and its disappointing driving characteristcs (compared to Altis AT).
Would appreciate if someone can help reassure me with the ES's driving experience.
I can reassure you that you experienced EcoSports AT as it is. It is one of the most frustrating car I've driven, in terms of power delivery. You'll get nothing out of the engine-gearbox combo. All the pep-talk about the gearbox also is not entirely true, as the box takes its own time to downshift. Also, the 6th gear would be engaged only around 120 (>3000 rpm in 6th itself), due to the inability of the engine to pull the car.
WhiteKnight is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2015, 21:08   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyanu28 View Post
HI, this is my first post ever on Team BHP!!

I have been reading this thread, as I am very seriously considering an ES AT. (I drive a corolla Altis AT)
While my family and I are extremely happy with the practicality and space offered by the ES, I had a concern on the driving experience during the test drive.
The vehicle I drove had a "clutch slippage" while we accelerated from standstill. I wanted to ask owners of the ES if this is a characteristic of the dual clutch or if theres something wrong with the Test Drive Car. The vehicle had about 7000 km on the ODO. The sales reps couldn't answer this issue.
I have used the Ecosport AT for around 6000 kms now. Yes the performance is sluggish especially for those who list that as one of their top priorities.
But for those who can live with that and count practicality, safety etc among their top requirements (like me), it is a great choice.
Just remember though that the Ecosport and Altis are in completely different segments and cannot be compared at all.
wilful is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2015, 06:52   #101

Thanks very much for your clear views, definitely helped. Would make a decision shortly.
satyanu28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2015, 12:34   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
I have used the Ecosport AT for around 6000 kms now. Yes the performance is sluggish especially for those who list that as one of their top priorities.
But for those who can live with that and count practicality, safety etc among their top requirements (like me), it is a great choice.
Just remember though that the Ecosport and Altis are in completely different segments and cannot be compared at all.
Its a dilemma I am facing as well. But I think its more a choice between the Ecosport AT and a pre-owned Corolla AT. Comparing brand new examples of the two is not a fair comparison- both are completely different animals.
Contrapunto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2015, 14:12   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
Its a dilemma I am facing as well. But I think its more a choice between the Ecosport AT and a pre-owned Corolla AT. Comparing brand new examples of the two is not a fair comparison- both are completely different animals.
Well that is relatively straightforward. There are obviously compromises to make either way. It depends on your 'priorities pecking order'.
The price remaining the same for both -
I would reckon that (in comparison) the (used) Altis offers a plush ride, space & boot & a better driving experience. The (new) Ecosport on the other hand is ideal for someone whose priorities are compact dimensions (with reasonable space), better safety features, very good GC and of course the advantage of a brand new car. Trust these little inputs help.
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2015, 14:20   #104
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
Would also consider a used Fiesta AT. Better than the ES since the Fiesta is lighter and is much more peppier to drive.

If you can get a used Corolla Altis with the 7 speed CVT, there is nothing better.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2015, 13:03   #105
BHPian

Took a test drive yesterday of ES AT. Looked like they brought someones car that was left for service. it had 12000 on odo and felt like someone else car and not a test drive car(no stickers of test drive whatsoever).

Almost any color is available right away or in max 15 days. In fact my second choice color was readily available.

I felt the car is not as peppy as I expected. SA told me mileage of 9 in city and 12 in highways. SA also showed some email saying from June 1st the prices will go up due to hike in service taxes and pushing me to book right away.

I don't mind waiting for couple of months and would want to check new arrivals from Hyundai and Maruthi. I felt Ford is rushing people to buy ES as they expect tough competition in the next few months.

Besides mileage and slightly sluggish drive the car has no negatives in my view.

I am still in Dilemma to go ahead and book or wait for ix25/SX4cross....

Regards,

DoNotHorn
DoNotHorn is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote