Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 27th May 2014, 22:09   #166
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: VW Polo GT TSI - Officially Unofficial Review and Initial Ownership Report

What a great thread... I am willing to join you quite shortly. I wanted to know do all Polo GTI's support MK6 steering. I am seeing it for 400 dollars on Ebay. I wanted to add paddle shifters as well and want to know if its safe to ask someone to bring it along from US. Given that you have paid close to 60k, would ordering an MK6 steering from US do the trick? Or am I missing something here!
aseem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2014, 08:18   #167

Default Re: VW Polo GT TSI - Officially Unofficial Review and Initial Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
What a great thread... I am willing to join you quite shortly. I wanted to know do all Polo GTI's support MK6 steering. I am seeing it for 400 dollars on Ebay. I wanted to add paddle shifters as well and want to know if its safe to ask someone to bring it along from US. Given that you have paid close to 60k, would ordering an MK6 steering from US do the trick? Or am I missing something here!
MK6 bought anywhere in the world will work... mine is bought from mexico with paddle shifters... #ebay
Leo_Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2014, 14:17   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Rulez View Post
MK6 bought anywhere in the world will work... mine is bought from mexico with paddle shifters... #ebay
Generally, these steering wheels(with paddle shifter) do not come with the airbag. Any idea about the airbag compatibility(i.e can we use reuse the existing airbag)?
Any help is appreciated.
shetty_rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2014, 23:51   #169
BHPian

Stock airbag wont work
prithwi-81 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2014, 12:05   #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Generally, these steering wheels(with paddle shifter) do not come with the airbag. Any idea about the airbag compatibility(i.e can we use reuse the existing airbag)?
Any help is appreciated.
mine came with the airbags. would recommend buying the whole set, to avoid incompatibility.
Leo_Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2014, 14:01   #171
BHPian

Didn't robi mention in his gt tsi thread that he was able to use his old/standard/oem airbag with the gti flat bottom steering ?
rana_kirti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2014, 08:30   #172
BHPian

Any idea about "VW DSG paddle shift retrofit / replacement kit genuine" which seems to be available for Rs 5,600 in Vagtune.com(http://vagtune.com/index.php/volkswa...tail?showall=1)

According to Vagtune, though this is Plug-and-Play, they need to make small cut in the steering to fix this. When I asked them to send some pics, they did not respond.

Has anybody fixed this?, if so can you please share some details(along with the pictures)?
Old 30th May 2014, 19:30   #173
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Rohan PM me your number. A friend of mine has retrofitted the paddles onto the stock wheel in Bangalore. I can help you to check it out in person.

And yes I am using the stock airbag and there is no error in either the VAS or VCDS scans, both says that its working perfectly. Just want to let you all know that I didnt get my steering from vagtune, rather Petes Kochi installed it
robimahanta is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2014, 19:39   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Rohan PM me your number. A friend of mine has retrofitted the paddles onto the stock wheel in Bangalore. I can help you to check it out in person.

And yes I am using the stock airbag and there is no error in either the VAS or VCDS scans, both says that its working perfectly. Just want to let you all know that I didnt get my steering from vagtune, rather Petes Kochi installed it
Thanks Robi. Spoke to your friend, and clarified most of my doubts. I am going to check the retrofit next weekend, and after that will decide whether to go for this or go for the GTI/RLine steering.
Old 1st June 2014, 00:46   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Thanks Robi. Spoke to your friend, and clarified most of my doubts. I am going to check the retrofit next weekend, and after that will decide whether to go for this or go for the GTI/RLine steering.
rohan... while you are at it, i request you to click detailed pictures of the installation setup and kindly post here so that others having the same plan can have a look/feel of the end product.

thanks.
Old 4th June 2014, 18:37   #176
BHPian

Fuel Testing over. Results are as follows:
VW Polo GT TSI - Officially Unofficial Review and Initial Ownership Report-polo-tsi-97-vs-93-copy.jpg

Same route, same traffic, similar time of day, similar outside temps, difference is obvious.
Car runs much better on 97 octane allowing advanced timing leaner air-fuel mix and improved mileage.
On 93, car runs richer (shows up as lower mileage) as there is knock, and the car tries to reduce knock by adding more fuel and retarding timing.

Power drop is evident as acceleration (0-100kmph) goes down to the 10.5sec~11.0sec mark from 8.5sec on 97. Also DSG runs on lower gear for acceleration. Example, i can overtake in 6th with ease on 97, but for the same maneuver on 93 the car will go down to 4th.

Price Difference in fuel:
Rs.74~76 per L (93 Octane)
Rs.94~98 per L (Speed 97)

My Opinion- If you can afford it, go for 97. Its a night and day difference on the small 1.2L Turbo motor.
prithwi-81 is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2014, 19:39   #177
BHPian

very informative post. thanks a lot. but any idea how many pumps in delhi ncr have speed 97 ? is it easily available ?
Old 4th June 2014, 19:54   #178
BHPian

As far as i know 3 in my area. Qutub, Nehru Place & Chanakyapuri
prithwi-81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2014, 21:42   #179
BHPian

cool, going to find out pumps near where I live. I'm this close to booking the tsi. just holding out for the confirmed official announcement of the new features in rhe face lift
Old 6th June 2014, 21:31   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Did some more acceleration testing with the exhaust setup. Impressive results.

Cant wait for peter to finish testing out the de-cat map for the polo.
At the end of your video you have concluded saying "No difference in D or S".

Found an interesting video which says "Use the manual mode for acceleration tests". In the manual mode if you do not change gears, DSG would up-shift when the rpm reaches 7000. I guess in S mode DSG up-shifts when rpm reaches 6000.

jump to 3:29