Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 26th June 2014, 19:36   #196
BHPian

She's looking lovely. prithwi whats going on at the back bro ? also do you think you want to remove that gt emblem and put in the wrc one. I saw one on ebay. i think i also saw a wrc badge for the steering. sweet.

Last edited by rana_kirti : 26th June 2014 at 19:39.
rana_kirti is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2014, 18:07   #197
BHPian

Default Re: VW Polo GT TSI - Officially Unofficial Review and Initial Ownership Report

Congratulations prithwi sir. The car is lovely and the mods will be liked by everyone. The new WRC bumper looks fantastic and goes with the car very well.

Regards
Suraj
psuraj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2014, 09:51   #198
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: VW Polo GT TSI - Officially Unofficial Review and Initial Ownership Report

I don't want to misguide you or just appreciate for the sake of appreciation. The fact of the matter is you are spending a lot of money on the car, and on casual look it looks "cheap" mod on rather than classy or tastefully done mods like the other thread with the black GT TSi on this forum (that car looks awesome!!).
The bumper looks odd imho, number plate an eye sore and the lights without angle eyes look yuck. You could have left the car in stock and it would have looked better. Seriously suggest to upgrade the headlights. The car should look worth the money you are spending.

Please accept my apologies, my intention is not to offend you, just calling a spade a spade. The car is not looking the million rupees you are spending on it!
aseem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2014, 11:11   #199
BHPian

Ummm what angle eyes? My headlamps r stock. Dont quite get your point about spending on cheap mods, and then about spending a million rupees on it? Robi and I have nearly the same modlist, and i spent 1/5th on the bumper of what he spent on the headlights. Headlights are not my cup of tea as it requres way too much hacking around the wiring harness, plus Id rather spend on performance than looks. And you may be the only human being on this planet who feels that the polo wrc frontend looks odd.. haters gona hate brother.. so no point in arguments.
prithwi-81 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2014, 11:12   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
I don't want to misguide you or just appreciate for the sake of appreciation. The fact of the matter is you are spending a lot of money on the car, and on casual look it looks "cheap" mod on rather than classy or tastefully done mods like the other thread with the black GT TSi on this forum (that car looks awesome!!).
The bumper looks odd imho, number plate an eye sore and the lights without angle eyes look yuck. You could have left the car in stock and it would have looked better. Seriously suggest to upgrade the headlights. The car should look worth the money you are spending.

Please accept my apologies, my intention is not to offend you, just calling a spade a spade. The car is not looking the million rupees you are spending on it!
I humbly disagree. Prithwi's Polo GT is one of the hottest Polo in the country. I also love that Black Polo GT in the forum. The WRC bumpers look super aggressive on the car and suits its charecter. True that stock Polo bumpers also look good.
Agree on the lights part. And also the chrome grille looks out of place on the car. Please swap it with GTI grille or single slat one on international Polo.
shk 8896 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2014, 11:14   #201
BHPian

Working on sourcing the wrc grille. Maybe I will get it painted black for the timebeing. I kind of like the two blade design. Lets see when the new grille comes in
prithwi-81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2014, 11:44   #202
BHPian

prithwi's car looks awesome. its a welcome change amongst a sea of regular polos with body kits. but I'll be getting a bolt on body kit as I prefer that style.

but wrc bumper looks meaner and nastier than others. sometimes its about things looking much different in pictures and in person. but that grill needs to go... ;-) he's working on it so the wrc look will be complete soon.

also I remember reading some time back that he specifically choose the wrc bumper for some technical upgrade reason rather than just cosmetic.

Last edited by rana_kirti : 28th June 2014 at 11:58.
rana_kirti is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2014, 12:10   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Fuel Testing over.

My Opinion- If you can afford it, go for 97. Its a night and day difference on the small 1.2L Turbo motor.
Thanks Pritwi! I always wanted to try Speed 97 but the popular opinion was that there isn't a perceptible change in performance. After reading your post I tried Speed 97 for the first time in my T-jet. Results echo your observation. It does have a perceptible effect on high-compression, turbo-charged engines. Car feels much more eager to respond than on normal RON 91 fuel. Even the fuel-efficiency has improved by ~15% (observed and approximated figures)

Btw, your car looks stunning in its new Avatar. Gave a miss to the previous track-day due to weather, will see you whenever it happens next.

Cheers,
Biraj
Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2014, 14:27   #204
BHPian

err.. no. Prithwi's car looks fantastic, as does Robi's. Attached pic of Polo R WRC Street.

In fact, the only thing holding me back from the WRC bumper, for example, are fitting fog lamps. Though fitting xenon's should help a great degree.

Are you pursuing fitting fog lamps prithwi?

Also could you PM the price of the bumper and if your contact could source the R-line front bumper?

Keep up the great work!
Attached Images

shefiu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2014, 19:35   #205
BHPian

Thanks guys. Rana, the back is going to be a custom affair as i want to design a proper diffuser that will give some benefits, instead of going for the OEM one which is pure show. These cars respond fantastically to aero changes and a proper diffuser will be pretty useful.

Sheifu, we are trying to source the OEM R-Line front end. The only catch is that it sits lower than the current side skirts and will require the SR kit side and rear skirts to look good. Also the Fog casing, shape and housings are different, so u can re-use the harness and the bulbs but the casing will be from the R-Line. R-Line will run a bit more expensive that the WRC (go figure) cuz of the fog housing.

Also the WRC bumper is really helping keep the engine a bit cooler thanks to the side vents. Engine temps are slightly lower too, but what is really interesting is the on logging under similar conditions, the IATs have reduced from what I was experiencing with the stock front end, which means the aux radiator that is in the car is getting more airflow.. I guess since the WRC has the 2.0TSI, the front aero is designed for more airflow to keep the engine temps under control. Fitted to a 1.2TSI, it only helps make things better.

Have ordered a set of OEM replancement pads from Brembo. Should be here monday, and will put em on and provide a review. They are pretty cheap, 2500 for the front 4.
prithwi-81 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2014, 20:31   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Also the WRC bumper is really helping keep the engine a bit cooler thanks to the side vents. Engine temps are slightly lower too, but what is really interesting is the on logging under similar conditions, the IATs have reduced from what I was experiencing with the stock front end, which means the aux radiator that is in the car is getting more airflow
So you already installed aux radiator? Can you share pictures? Did you notice any reduction in IAT even without aux radiator?

If the side vents really help boost the performance by offering better air flow, it will be a nice mod to have. Though, the stock headlamps are so pathetic, I will be sad to let go of the fogs.
anandpadhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2014, 00:09   #207
BHPian

Name:  ImageUploadedByTeamBHP1404067132.179461.jpg
Views: 2701
Size:  106.1 KBpeekaboo Prithwi ! Cybercity tsi's !
JishD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2014, 00:39   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
So you already installed aux radiator? Can you share pictures? Did you notice any reduction in IAT even without aux radiator?

If the side vents really help boost the performance by offering better air flow, it will be a nice mod to have. Though, the stock headlamps are so pathetic, I will be sad to let go of the fogs.

The stock headlamps are truly pathetic especially in high beam. Disagree with Prithwi on the fogs which are actually pretty good compared to most < 10 lk cars. Would never give them up, even if I move to projectors.
JishD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2014, 23:45   #209
BHPian

Visit to the fallen...
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo GT TSI - Officially Unofficial Review and Initial Ownership Report-1404151524813.jpg  

prithwi-81 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2014, 23:59   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Have ordered a set of OEM replancement pads from Brembo. Should be here monday, and will put em on and provide a review. They are pretty cheap, 2500 for the front 4.
Nice mods Prithwi. Heard about your brembo pads from Robi. Let us know the feel. Polo could really do with a lot better brakes than whats on.

How's the Tarox on the elder brother coming along?

Thanks!

Azeem
azeemhafiz is online now   Reply With Quote