Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 31st May 2016, 09:00   #91
Senior - BHPian
Default Re: A Ford EcoSport finds a home - 1.0L EcoBoost Titanium (O)

Originally Posted by redbaron91 View Post
I'm in market for a new car, and Ecosport is in the list. Not sure, if it has to be an Ecoboost one. But after reading your write-up, I guess my concern areas like city driveability & mileage are cleared now.

What remains doubtful in mind is its, drivability in the ghat roads and body balance while taking hair pin curves. This area is pretty important to me as I've to travel once in a month to native crossing such roads. Could you please share some more light on it?
I've driven my dad's diesel EcoSport and my EcoBoost in both cities and ghats (I'm from Coonoor). I have to say that in both cities and ghats the diesel EcoSport wins hands down. It is only on highways where you can feel the added power of the EcoBoost engine give it an edge over the diesel. Its not a significant difference, but you can feel the EcoBoost pulls harder than the diesel.

On ghats, when the EcoBoost drops out of the power band, the loss of power is very annoying and requires effort to require from (e.g. rev the engine up, slip the clutch a bit, etc.) So, if you suddenly come upon a slow lorry that is taking a hair-pin bend, then you'll be hit badly as you lose your momentum. The diesel fares infinitely better in this regard.

All put together, I will now recommend people look primarily at the diesel EcoSport. In your case, definitely skip the EcoBoost, given the importance you place on city and ghat driveability.

Body balance is good for a vehicle of its height. Its not a problem at all on hair-pin bends. One thing though is that the A-pillar of the EcoSport is very intrusive on ghats (you'll find that many curves are perfectly aligned with the A-pillar, hiding your view), so you'll have to move your head and look through the windshield and front windows to ensure you have a clear view.

Originally Posted by redbaron91 View Post
Also, which dealer you recommend from Bangalore?
I bought my EcoSport from Lathangi, as they were closest to my office. My experience with them was good, for both sales and service. I've had only brief interaction with other dealers.

Honestly, buy your car from any dealer, but then find a dealer you're comfortable with when it comes to servicing your car.

Happy shopping, and let us know which car you decide on!
arunphilip is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote