Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 22nd October 2013, 21:30   #61
BHPian

Default re: Frankmehta's workhorse : Black Maruti Swift ZDi. EDIT, now with RD Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
The 'Maruti phenomenon' has finally struck her. She now has a rattle in the boot area. Most probably from the rubber shroud on the boot lid. Irritating buzz that becomes loud on hitting bumps. Super irritating. My first actual complaint about the car after 3900 km.
Hello Sir,
Congrats on your Swift ZDi !
Are you sure that the rattling is coming from the boot lid ? Do check if it is from the parcel tray.
The only rattle that has managed its place in my Swift is from the rear parcel tray which is really annoying whenever the car is driven through rough patches.

Drive Safe
VishnuNarayanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2013, 09:22   #62
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Frankmehta's workhorse : Black Maruti Swift ZDi. EDIT, now with RD Box

5000 km update.
Completed the second free 'inspection' (service) yesterday at Vitesse.
An oil and oil filter change were done at my behest. Maruti says they should be done at 10k, but I am going to make it a habit to change the oil at 5k intervals. Oil used was not synthetic grade. I don't know which one they used but the car felt very smooth and 'frictionless' after the oil change.
One more thing done on my request was the installation of a cabin filter. My car didn't come with one, so installed it in the best interests of the air conditioning system and cabin comfort.

A few rattles were also eradicated on my request and the car is driving as well as it should, without making any unwanted noises.
The infamous seat height adjuster 'squeak' was present and has hopefully been eradicated since I didn't hear it after taking delivery.

In all, I felt like I always feel at Vitesse. A privileged customer who has given a much more expensive car for servicing. I am sure even Honda or Ford don't give this kind of a 'feel-good' experience.

The breakup of the service is as follows:
1. Oil filter : 347
2. Gasket: 9
3. Cabin air filter: 311
4. Screen wash conc: 14
5. MGDO (15w-40) (Oil): 756
6. Outside labour: 175

Vat and other taxes: 200

Final total: Rs. 1811.
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2013, 19:38   #63
Senior - BHPian

Was browsing this section and found your ownership thread again. Went through it from the start and felt like seeing the Swift in a new light all over again and enjoyed reading the details as did with your original epic of the Civic gas change over thread earlier.

All that is told till now just confirms the reason for this becoming the national car. The only other one which may trump it would be the Ecosport (still consider it a big hatch) but then it is not build by Maruti who know how to sell it in hordes.

Kudos on the new acquisition and also looking forward to yet another thread of your other buy at Maruti (did I miss it ) and is it the Ertiga you may talk about. But then would wait till its in here. Till then cheers on this super mile muncher (look at the mileage figures boy!) and a great work horse and drivers car that you have there!
girishglg is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2013, 08:55   #64
Senior - BHPian

Done 6500 km with her. Man, She's a peach to drive. The engine has started becoming a lot more responsive and the turbo also seems to be freeing up a bit. Spooling starts pretty early now and it feels that I'm getting hold of keeping her in the power band all the time.

The driver seat had started creaking again. I got a feedback call from Vitesse and I said I wasn't happy with the work done on the seat. Can you believe it, they felt so bad about it that they haven't stopped calling me ever since!
Yesterday the doorbell rang and guess what, they sent a service advisor and a workshop mechanic to fix it! It's just super amazing that they care so much for a customer. Sadly, the car wasn't there for them to work on but the gesture is what counts. Immediately after that, I got a call from the service advisor and said that they have to fix what they couldn't. I politely informed him that its not worth getting the car to the service Station just for that and I'd have it checked at the next service. Which would be a few weeks down the line.
Blessed to be back with the best a. S. S. I have dealt with.

In other news, I have just discovered that the actual mileage differs from the one shown on the mid, by exactly 1 kmpl. For everyone who owns a Swift or a Dzire, if the mid shows 19.5 kmpl, actual mileage is 18.5 kmpl. This is my steady reading after 11 tankfuls. I fill from brim to brim and I measure mileage over 700 km (one tankful)
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 17:43   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Just when I thought the barrage of calls and sms have finally come to a halt, this letter awaited me at home today.
Something wrong with the attachment upload Doc? It isn't opening at my end. Please upload it once again.
Gannu_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 18:00   #66
Senior - BHPian

And the list of correspondences from Vitesse are just not coming to an end :-|

Just when I thought the barrage of calls and sms have finally come to a halt, this letter awaited me at home today.
Frankmehta's workhorse : Black Maruti Swift ZDi. EDIT, now with RD Box-1386332986411.jpg
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 18:18   #67
BHPian

Quote:
And the list of correspondences from Vitesse are just not coming to an end :-|

Attachment 1175268

Just a suggestion, IMO you should remove your address and contact details from the image posted.
maglev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2014, 09:44   #68
Senior - BHPian

And.........
My wife surprised me with an awesome gift yesterday!
Frankmehta's workhorse : Black Maruti Swift ZDi. EDIT, now with RD Box-wp_20140105_21_07_10_pro.jpg
Presenting to you, the RACE DYNAMICS DIESELTRONIC PRO Diesel tuning box! It comes with it's own remote control that has four modes on it, E (economy), S (stock), P1(power 1) and P2 (power 2).

I couldn't believe my eyes, but I recovered immediately and RAN to the mechanic to get it fitted. It's a simple socket to socket connection! Within 2 minutes of opening the bonnet, my mech told me to start the car. My feet were trembling and I was dreading a check engine light (if the guy had made some mistake making the connections) but the car started up just the same way.

I drove to an empty road (Palm Beach) and at the signal, I switched to P1. I eased her into first and rolled onto the highway. No difference!?!
Either I expected a lot from the box or the crap about 'performance increase' was hogwash and this box was another example of 'forum snake oil'
I drove about 5-7 kms, bitterly disappointed and hoping something was wrong with this particular box. I stopped at a signal and switched to P2 on the remote. Green light, and I suddenly felt something... As if a huge burden has been taken off the car. As if there is NO friction between the parts. The feeling of a floaty lightness in the throttle.
Suddenly, everything around us (the car and me) changed into a blur. The throttle was SUPER sharp, the car eager to rev the nuts off that beautiful engine and I was suddenly powering through gears like it was nobody's business. The damn car was leaping like a cat and literally scalding the road underneath.
The push and shove and frantic behaviour of the car just highlighted what a little bit of electrical wizardry can do to this engine. The turbo was spooling from as low as 1300-1400 rpm and in this car that translates into mayhem, even from standstill. The car takes off like a scalded tiger and continues to accelerate till it loses breath in the higher RPMs in the 5th gear. But the journey to that is as eventful as a Cirque Du Soleil performance!!
2nd, 3rd and 4th gears are lethal in P2 mode and just a slight push on the gas pedal @ 100 in 5th gear makes the car jump out and scurry to scary speeds in no time. This highlights the brilliant highway-friendly nature of this car and overtaking maneuvers need not be calculated in advance. Just point and squirt!!! It's madness, trust me!!!!!

Then it struck me. Why is P1 so docile??? I decided to give P1 a chance, but this time in traffic. And at once, I started realizing what P1 was all about. Sharp throttle response, early turbo spool and almost NO lag. It's crazy how these modes differ from each other. There is none of that 'on steroids' performance in P1 like P2 but driving the car on P1 in the city makesit so damn practical. The thrust from the turbo is more pronounced than stock mode for sure and hence P1 becomes the mode of choice for city and highway combinations. The efficiency will be better for sure, in P1 because I shift up early and there is much more power at lower RPMs, hence downshifting to overtake is not very necessary. I can actually poter around in 2nd and 3rd without the earlier predominantly heavy and stubborn feeling in stock mode.

All in all. WOW! What an investment!!! (gift for me)

I have done over 100 km in P2 and around 40 in P1 and I must say that it is possibly the BEST thing to have ever happened to me. I am glad I chose to buy a Diesel. Even if fuel prices increase, this gem of a car just doesn't cease to perform and surprise me, so she's a keeper!!!!!
frankmehta is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2014, 14:34   #69
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have done over 100 km in P2 and around 40 in P1 and I must say that it is possibly the BEST thing to have ever happened to me. I am glad I chose to buy a Diesel. Even if fuel prices increase, this gem of a car just doesn't cease to perform and surprise me, so she's a keeper!!!!!
Congrats on the Racedynamics box. I agree with your feelings after using it for more than 15,000kms in my Cruze. For me personally, P1 itself is enough to scare my own pants and dread putting it in P2 as the car simply feels blindingly fast ( as rightly described by you).

Iam 95% of the time on P1 and slot into P2 for those rare times when I am in some spanking mood

After 15k kms clicks, I still enjoy every km on the box and it stays glued on forever

Btw, is that a dual channel? Price paid?

Cheers and Drive Safe !!
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2014, 17:46   #70
BHPian

Doc. , price pls ASAP, cant wait to get it

Goodness!! Swift is one car with unlimited possibilities, and with products like this, looks like wouldn`t need to buy a BMW 1 series after all..
Pankaj_Ahlawat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2014, 17:58   #71
BHPian

Congrats on your box. I am having the RD in my swift too and couldn't agree with you more about the experience. Its absolute fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pankaj_Ahlawat View Post
Doc. , price pls ASAP, cant wait to get it

Goodness!! Swift is one car with unlimited possibilities, and with products like this, looks like wouldn`t need to buy a BMW 1 series after all..
Pankaj, the box costs 20k
vaisakhr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote