Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2013, 13:46   #121
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 297
Thanked: 229 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
The 1.4 TSI Active is starting from 12.4. and 1.8 TSI at 16.25. If true, it is pretty good pricing
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
The prices seem too good to be true. Current Ambition TSI DSG is 16 lacs ex showroom. How can we imagine the top of the line TSI DSG Octavia to be just 25000 dearer? Lets wait and watch what Skoda has planned, but surely it will be in this range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
Price for the base petrol version is estimated to start at Rs 15 lakh.
Pricing seems to be spot on. I don't think the current Laura pricing will have any bearing on the pricing of the Octavia given that they have stopped production and the car will be available only till stocks last (one can expect a heavy discount). Plus if they intend to succeed they will have to stay in this price band which rushlane has shown.

The 1.8TSI seems pretty mouthwatering given that it will come with all the bells and whistles. My only grouse with Skoda is that they aren't going I launch all the features of the European version like the large touchscreen, navigation, different driving modes etc. All these features at this pricing would have been really tough to beat.

Having seen the Octavia in person alongside the Jetta it almost seems like a no contest.
miharbe is online now  
Old 23rd September 2013, 15:18   #122
BHPian
 
arjun_crsce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sonipat/Gurgaon
Posts: 43
Thanked: 5 Times
Thumbs down Re: The 2013 Skoda Octavia | Views of an Unofficial Expert

Can anybody confirm if the Undercarriage Protection package is out from this car. I can't see it in the features pics.
arjun_crsce is offline  
Old 23rd September 2013, 15:22   #123
BHPian
 
adi_petrolhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 888
Thanked: 1,003 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjun_crsce View Post
Can anybody confirm if the Undercarriage Protection package is out from this car. I can't see it in the features pics.
Undrecarriage protection is always been a part of the rough road package, and surely it should be a part of the car.
adi_petrolhead is online now  
Old 23rd September 2013, 21:08   #124
BHPian
 
Ardy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 613
Thanked: 86 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjun_crsce View Post
Can anybody confirm if the Undercarriage Protection package is out from this car. I can't see it in the features pics.
Arjun, the car comes with the rough road package. We had a peek at both the front and the rear protection.

Cheers,
Ardy
Ardy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2013, 09:48   #125
BHPian
 
adi_petrolhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 888
Thanked: 1,003 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Arjun, the car comes with the rough road package. We had a peek at both the front and the rear protection. Cheers, Ardy
I recently had a bad accident in the Laura and a huge rock damaged my car from underneath. I can't imagine if it didnt have the rough road package, what state would my car be in.
adi_petrolhead is online now  
Old 24th September 2013, 16:46   #126
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: in a Toyota!
Posts: 2,686
Thanked: 595 Times
Default Skoda Octavia launch on 3rd Oct

Skoda Octavia to be launched on 3rd October with a starting price of 15 lakhs.

1.4 Ltr, 1.8 tsi and 2.0 Ltr diesel.


Mods please open the closed thread of Octavia and merge this with it.
Parm is offline  
Old 24th September 2013, 17:32   #127
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 95
Thanked: 53 Times
Default Re: The 2013 Skoda Octavia | Views of an Unofficial Expert

I see a electronic differential lock in the feature list. How does that work, since I think this is only going to be a 2 wheel drive sedan?
Ph03nix is offline  
Old 24th September 2013, 17:57   #128
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 43
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: The 2013 Skoda Octavia | Views of an Unofficial Expert

In UK Skoda has priced Octavia at 10% less than Jetta. I think strategy should be the same if they want to sell there cars in India.

In India Jetta Trendline 1.4TSI ex-showroom price is 13.6 lakhs. Going by UK pricing model, prices should start around 12.3 lakhs( a killer price)

Dont know who was on the TV, but some senior guy of Skoda mentioned that they want to be in Value luxury segment.

Hyundai Elantra base is 12.71, they might decide to start around 13 lakhs. No one will pay 15 lakhs for 1.4TSi, if you can get the same one for 13.6


cheers
vivek_gaur69 is offline  
Old 24th September 2013, 18:01   #129
BHPian
 
adi_petrolhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 888
Thanked: 1,003 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_gaur69 View Post
In UK Skoda has priced Octavia at 10% less than Jetta. I think strategy should be the same if they want to sell there cars in India. In India Jetta Trendline 1.4TSI ex-showroom price is 13.6 lakhs. Going by UK pricing model, prices should start around 12.3 lakhs( a killer price) Dont know who was on the TV, but some senior guy of Skoda mentioned that they want to be in Value luxury segment. Hyundai Elantra base is 12.71, they might decide to start around 13 lakhs. No one will pay 15 lakhs for 1.4TSi, if you can get the same one for 13.6 cheers
14 lacs should be good as the trim levels in Skoda are far better than Jetta and power is up by 20 ps.
adi_petrolhead is online now  
Old 24th September 2013, 19:50   #130
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,729
Thanked: 89,213 Times
Default Re: The 2013 Skoda Octavia | Views of an Unofficial Expert

Kumar Gaurav drops the following email:

Quote:
I have uncovered some hidden URLs on Skoda India site pertaining to the new Octavia. Please take a look.

http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/models/Octavia/Features
http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/models/O...-Specification
http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/models/Octavia/gallery

Also if you notice, in the gallery the new colors - Rio Red, Race Blue and Metal Grey are missing. Could this mean that they are not launching these colours?
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th September 2013, 20:41   #131
PPS
Senior - BHPian
 
PPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: mumbai
Posts: 1,938
Thanked: 1,924 Times
Default Re: The 2013 Skoda Octavia | Views of an Unofficial Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Also if you notice, in the gallery the new colors - Rio Red, Race Blue and Metal Grey are missing. Could this mean that they are not launching these colours?
I remember reading this somewhere that these colours will only be available a few months down the line & not at launch!
PPS is offline  
Old 24th September 2013, 23:13   #132
Senior - BHPian
 
k_ajay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,164
Thanked: 464 Times
Default

When is TBHP's official review going to be up? Any word on that please, mods??
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 00:01   #133
Senior - BHPian
 
el lobo 6061's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 1,497
Thanked: 978 Times
Default Re: The 2013 Skoda Octavia | Views of an Unofficial Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph03nix View Post
I see a electronic differential lock in the feature list. How does that work, since I think this is only going to be a 2 wheel drive sedan?
The electronic differential lock allows smooth, comfortable starts on slippery or loose road surfaces. If one wheel starts to spin, the electronic differential lock will brake the wheel as necessary, directing power to the wheel with greater traction. The electronic differential lock reduces tyre wear and is active up to a speed of about 40 kmph.
el lobo 6061 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 09:53   #134
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 426
Thanked: 329 Times
Default Re: The 2013 Skoda Octavia | Views of an Unofficial Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
When is TBHP's official review going to be up? Any word on that please, mods??
I asked the same question a week back but was told it is under preparation but no word on when it will be up. wonder why it is taking so long.

also the unveiling thread has been closed almost 10 days back
Mohan Mathew A is offline  
Old 25th September 2013, 10:18   #135
BHPian
 
dr.surgeon1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 44
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post

I asked the same question a week back but was told it is under preparation but no word on when it will be up. wonder why it is taking so long.

also the unveiling thread has been closed almost 10 days back
Ha ha. I thought I was the only sesperate soul over here. I keep searching for the thread almost every hour
dr.surgeon1985 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skoda Laura VRS - Officially Unofficial Review and Initial Ownership Report prithwi-81 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 157 25th July 2015 02:15
Scoop! 2013 Skoda Octavia (MQB) caught. EDIT : New Pics on Pg 1 mtnrajdeep The Indian Car Scene 278 9th August 2013 18:56
2013 MQB Skoda Octavia sarthakgupta The International Automotive Scene 235 19th March 2013 11:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:03.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks