Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 20th June 2016, 12:36   #181
Senior - BHPian
Default Re: Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner

Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Recently 3M launched a sound proofing or deadening product. I went for it in the bonnet area and it does make a huge difference in the nose reduction seeping into cabin. Very happy with it!!
Hi Surya

Can you let me know the details of the deadening product by 3M? Seems like a good investment for diesel cars. Is it a sheet like damping material e.g. Dynamat Extreme and likes which carry an aluminum sheet on one side and sticky butyl rubber type material on the other?

How much was the cost for bonnet area? If it is really effective, I may get it done in my Fortuner too!
Ace F355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2016, 09:18   #182
Default Re: Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner

Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
As I start getting used to the car, I have some observations/suggestions/improvements to make:

5. Head lamps high beam needs to be more powerful

I am mentioning the above, in lieu of the cost of the vehicle and are simple convenience features at that price point.
My highway driving has substantially increased over the past few months and as a result I am in acute need to get Hella installed. You have rightly mentioned - high beam in Fortuner doesn’t suffice for highway driving at all. Sameer (@sameerg001) has been kind enough to get me a pair of Hella Black Magic 550. While browsing I came across your thread and I have liked the way you have installed the Hellas. I would be grateful if you can let me know how these were mounted. I can then let the installer know how to go about it as against someone ‘trying his hand’ on fitting the lights.
Traveller Nayak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2016, 22:40   #183
Senior - BHPian

Hi Traveller Nayak,

The Hellas were mounted on L shaped angulars welded on the cross member beam in front of the radiator. They were welded in such a way not to cut the black lower plastic grill in anyway.
getsurya is offline   Reply With Quote