Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2014, 17:00   #196
BHPian
 
dean5545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: mumbai
Posts: 660
Thanked: 785 Times
Default re: Review: 2013 Toyota Innova Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinbalance View Post
Quote:
Thanks @dean5545, these are good inputs. By the way, from the original review page, I saw that the captain seats do slide and lean forward. Right? My reckon is the third seat is really for my children - they are lean girls - going after their mother! Should be all right, do you agree?
What I meant to say was that the captain seats just lean and slide forward unlike the 8-str version where the entire seat assembly gets folded. I guess you should be fine with the captain seat version. But just have a look at the arrangement once by letting a more healthy person in.


Quote:
@dean5545 Again, this is logical. Yokohama is a very reliable option and I know Madhu's at Bangalore well. They have good alignment equipment - specially for camber adjustment.

Does anyone have any comment for the upholstery or the ICE?
You can have a look at my thread for info on accessories, how they fared in the long term. But I haven't installed the caska unit but just a pioneer 1-din HU.
Here's the link:http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...0-000-kms.html
dean5545 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2014, 17:19   #197
BHPian
 
allinbalance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 43
Thanked: 17 Times
Default re: Review: 2013 Toyota Innova Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
What I meant to say was that the captain seats just lean and slide forward unlike the 8-str version where the entire seat assembly gets folded. I guess you should be fine with the captain seat version. But just have a look at the arrangement once by letting a more healthy person in.
Got it, @dean5545. Thanks a lot, I guess at this time, this is not a concern for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
You can have a look at my thread for info on accessories, how they fared in the long term. But I haven't installed the caska unit but just a pioneer 1-din HU.
Here's the link:http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...0-000-kms.html
Well, @dean5545, I looked at your thread - lots of good, useful information, but I am afraid my requirements are different.

For one, the run is about 10 KM / day for home<>wife's office commute or mall runs. So for me, this purchase is almost ALL about safety and comfort for the family - wife, parents and kids in the city. I use my sedan for office commute.

The CASKA Head Units and ICE system is a class unto themselves, your Pioneer just is not in that league. @GTO did a excellent reportage of it earlier (as usual!), here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...ead-units.html

I saw the seat covers you have - but don't they grab dust?

Here is an excellent thread in our forum by @madrash on leather interiors - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...at-brands.html (Stanley & other Leather seat brands)

Anyhow, thanks for the excellent info.

I do request other members in the forum to advise me what I must check for.
allinbalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2014, 18:27   #198
BHPian
 
dean5545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: mumbai
Posts: 660
Thanked: 785 Times
Default re: Review: 2013 Toyota Innova Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinbalance View Post
I saw the seat covers you have - but don't they grab dust?
Yes they do grab a lot of dust, however I don't have an alternative since my Innova is used alot in the factory and sometimes to ferry workers whose clothes might be dirty.
What I do is give remove those seat covers and give it for dry-cleaning.

P.S. I did get a quote from Stanley's they said Rs.90,000 for the entire car. Which is a bit costly given the type of usage I have.
dean5545 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2014, 19:32   #199
BHPian
 
allinbalance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 43
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Yes they do grab a lot of dust, however I don't have an alternative since my Innova is used alot in the factory and sometimes to ferry workers whose clothes might be dirty.
What I do is give remove those seat covers and give it for dry-cleaning.

P.S. I did get a quote from Stanley's they said Rs.90,000 for the entire car. Which is a bit costly given the type of usage I have.
Completely understandable @dean5545. And yes, Stanleys are expensive, but they are VERY durable.

As you mentioned, my situation is very different from yours. Anyway, thanks so much for the advice and recommendations.

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinbalance View Post
@scopriobharath Aha! So you did see my post!

1. VX D7 White is the model, then!

2. Stanley leather premium trim is what I will go for. Two questions -
a) does the VX D7 model have the leather wrapping on the steering?
b) in white, do you recommend the black leather interiors or a combination light/dark?

3. I was talking to Karan / AutoTrendz and he mentioned a 4th generation CASKA Innova HU which was Andriod KitKat OS, MapMyIndia (in SD Card), 3G SIM for apps and games, distributed display for head beackrest. Total cost will be almost up to INR 85-100k including the backrest display and remote + speakers + fitment.

I will check on the Dolby Decoder, but does it matter with Digital Mp3/Mp4 music?

4. Is the Sound Processor for better 5.1 spread, or is it mainly to boost gain from the HU to the speakers?

5. For tires, I believe @dean5545 suggestion makes more engineering sense - stock size, but better quality of rubber is what will improve road grip. Really don't need more meat in a placid vehicle like this one. Besides, both my driver and me are light footed.

Do let me know your comments.
Hey sorry! I got your handle wrong @scopriobharath

Last edited by Vid6639 : 25th June 2014 at 19:37. Reason: merging posts. Please use edit option when posting within 30mins on the same thread.
allinbalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2014, 21:02   #200
Senior - BHPian
 
scopriobharath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,565
Thanked: 1,175 Times
Default re: Review: 2013 Toyota Innova Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinbalance View Post
@scorpiobharath Aha! So you did see my post!

1. VX D7 White is the model, then!

2. Stanley leather premium trim is what I will go for. Two questions -
a) does the VX D7 model have the leather wrapping on the steering?
b) in white, do you recommend the black leather interiors or a combination light/dark?

3. I was talking to Karan / AutoTrendz and he mentioned a 4th generation CASKA Innova HU which was Andriod KitKat OS, MapMyIndia (in SD Card), 3G SIM for apps and games, distributed display for head beackrest. Total cost will be almost up to INR 85-100k including the backrest display and remote + speakers + fitment.

I will check on the Dolby Decoder, but does it matter with Digital Mp3/Mp4 music?

4. Is the Sound Processor for better 5.1 spread, or is it mainly to boost gain from the HU to the speakers?

5. For tires, I believe @dean5545 suggestion makes more engineering sense - stock size, but better quality of rubber is what will improve road grip. Really don't need more meat in a placid vehicle like this one. Besides, both my driver and me are light footed.

Do let me know your comments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Yes they do grab a lot of dust, however I don't have an alternative since my Innova is used alot in the factory and sometimes to ferry workers whose clothes might be dirty.
What I do is give remove those seat covers and give it for dry-cleaning.

P.S. I did get a quote from Stanley's they said Rs.90,000 for the entire car. Which is a bit costly given the type of usage I have.
PLease try Napa leather - it should be 60K i guess. Dolby decoder is to achieve that 5.1 theater dolby effect. You dont need it, if you are okay with ordinary effects. i suggested this for your daughters' entertainment on longdrives

Cleaning is easy - just rub with leather conditioner and then wipe off. This needs to be done once in 3 months. It is easy to maintain. If you like the leather to super new, use a steam cleaner to clean it
scopriobharath is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2014, 11:38   #201
BHPian
 
dean5545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: mumbai
Posts: 660
Thanked: 785 Times
Default re: Review: 2013 Toyota Innova Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
PLease try Napa leather - it should be 60K i guess. Dolby decoder is to achieve that 5.1 theater dolby effect. You dont need it, if you are okay with ordinary effects. i suggested this for your daughters' entertainment on longdrives

Cleaning is easy - just rub with leather conditioner and then wipe off. This needs to be done once in 3 months. It is easy to maintain. If you like the leather to super new, use a steam cleaner to clean it
Will keep that in mind.
Thanks
dean5545 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2014, 11:53   #202
BHPian
 
TRANSAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 558
Thanked: 46 Times
Default re: Review: 2013 Toyota Innova Facelift

dean as i see your location is Mumbai, try Orchis for leather seats, they are based in Ghatkopar, a close distance to R city mall. Their leather seats and fitting is very good, would cost you almost 40% less than stanley. Contact Mr Anil (the owner), bargain hard.
TRANSAM is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2014, 22:33   #203
BHPian
 
Perakath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 259
Thanked: 28 Times
Default re: Review: 2013 Toyota Innova Facelift

I have seen very few Innovas with the 'facelifted' extra-large grille on the roads. Did they roll back to the earlier grille?
Perakath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 20:44   #204
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Back to Chndgrh
Posts: 2,203
Thanked: 2,953 Times
Default re: Review: 2013 Toyota Innova Facelift

Toyota Kirloskar Motor Launches the All New ‘Toyota Innova Limited Edition 2014’


Elegant Exterior enhancements:
A royal new colour - Bronze Mica Metallic.
‘Limited Edition’ emblem at the rear end creates a mark of premium styling.
Chrome lined Head Lamps and Rear Combination Lamps exudes style.
New contemporary body graphics spruce up the entire look.
Plush Interior additions:
A Touchscreen Display Audio with DVD, CD, USB, Aux-in and Bluetooth functionality with a remote for convenience .
Classy dual-tone fabric seats give it a luxurious feel.
The colour coordinated door trims add a dash of contrast and enhance the style quotient.


wonder how can even they think of writing - All New



http://www.toyotabharat.com/inen/news/2014/sep_2.aspx
Turbanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2014, 23:31   #205
Senior - BHPian
 
ad3952n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Noida (U.P)
Posts: 1,583
Thanked: 1,837 Times
Default re: Review: 2013 Toyota Innova Facelift

Here are the pics of the Limited Edition Toyota Innova.

Review: 2013 Toyota Innova Facelift-1610786_10152370257466234_1417833293892082827_n.jpg

Review: 2013 Toyota Innova Facelift-10609517_10152370257571234_7038497947733698608_n.jpg

Review: 2013 Toyota Innova Facelift-10646711_10152370257736234_2316248103767875394_n.jpg

Review: 2013 Toyota Innova Facelift-10352909_10152370257741234_1960440733961737246_n.jpg

Link: IAB

Thanks
ad3952n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2014, 01:21   #206
BHPian
 
mroptimist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Perinthalmanna
Posts: 303
Thanked: 360 Times
Thumbs down re: Review: 2013 Toyota Innova Facelift

15,000 km service update:

Complaints: Steering leather peeling off from one place (place where I keep the right hand).

The bill came to Rs 4,206/-

Detailed bill:

Labor charges

1. Wheel Balancing -- Rs 256.18

2. Wheel Alignment--Rs 512.36

3. 15,000 km service--747.19

4. BMC Air Filter Cleaning ---Rs 426.97

Part Charges

1. CAM ASY, CAMBER ADJU 2X -- Rs 1,296.14

2. CAM, CAMBER ADJUST, 2X -- Rs 776.31

3. NUT FLANGE 2X --- Rs 132.82

4. BAL WEIGHT 60gm 2X --- Rs 58.40

Total: Rs 4,206/-

I asked them why are you changing these parts and why can't they be covered under warranty?

Answer: Sir these parts got damaged because when you got WA/WB done outside they have hammered the parts and it's not a manufacturing defect.

I remember reading Guderian's ownership of Toyota Fortuner where he had warned that WA/WB at most places actually messes things up. I guess he was right. The place where I am staying (Perinthalmanna) there are no good WA/WB shops. Most places don't even give readings. The technicians change every so often. I used to get WA done usually at every 2,500 kms outside for around Rs 300/- and they give a free checkup after next 2,500 kms. Now I am quite wary of giving my vehicle outside for WA.

For steering leather peeling off the the fellow who handles warranty at Amana Toyota Malappuram told me that they have a communication from TKM that if oeeling starts immediately after delivery then they will replace it under warranty otherwise not. In my car it started after 5 months of use. I did not buy his logic though and let us see what TKM has to say to my warranty claims. The dealership people have apparently taken photos of leather peeling and they have sent it to TKM for warranty claim.

They have also given me the parts they have changed. If somebody is interested will post pics tomorrow.

Thanks.

Last edited by mroptimist : 4th September 2014 at 01:23. Reason: Update regarding warranty
mroptimist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2014, 03:35   #207
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 86
Thanked: 87 Times
Default re: Review: 2013 Toyota Innova Facelift

Mr Optimist,

Can you please comment on the ride quality of your innova on concrete road.

It would be great if you can highlight about the comfort in the middle row with just 2 people in the captain seats along with the driver and the ride quality when fully loaded. Do you feel any difference?
LoneWolf9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2014, 11:39   #208
BHPian
 
mroptimist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Perinthalmanna
Posts: 303
Thanked: 360 Times
Thumbs up re: Review: 2013 Toyota Innova Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf9 View Post
Mr Optimist,

Can you please comment on the ride quality of your innova on concrete road.

It would be great if you can highlight about the comfort in the middle row with just 2 people in the captain seats along with the driver and the ride quality when fully loaded. Do you feel any difference?
I had swapped the OEM Tyres, Goodyear GT3 with Michelin XM2 stock size at the time of delivery itself. I keep 30 PSI all around when me, wifey and my two children travel and the ride quality is exemplary. When I travel with 7 adults I increase the tyre pressure to 33 PSI all around and the ride quality actually improves (ride quality improves with load - it's my observation).

Even on concrete road the ride quality is good but tyre noise goes up. I suggest you keep 30 PSI all around when the vehicle is not fully loaded (as in only two people in the captain seats) or 33 PSI all around when loaded to get a good balance between ride quality and resistance to puncture and tyre burst.

Thanks.
mroptimist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2014, 15:50   #209
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cochin
Posts: 38
Thanked: 7 Times
Default re: Review: 2013 Toyota Innova Facelift

My Innova is almost nearing 15K mark, and planning to give for 15k service by next two weeks, need some advice on following issues, mine is a diesel V model

1. B-pillar plastic cover is not getting placed properly (the plastic cover where the seat belt hook in B-pillar is getting fixed). They tried to fix this issue in 10K service, and after some time it again came out, and took the car back, this time they changed the clip, but still the cover is coming out, what else need to be checked in this case?

2. Blue-tooth phone/audio connectivity is getting dropped in between. Issue is like this, once the phone is synced with car audio and it starts playing songs, but after some time the Bluetooth connection is getting dropped, not always but sometimes, and have to switch off the stereo to re-establish the connection. Any one is facing the issue. Is it common and will be like this only?

3. There is few sounds coming from the dash board/doors while going over the bad roads and around 1200-1400 RPM range. Issue is like this, In the bridges there will be small gap will be given between different section, while going through this patch I get this sound, or if we apply the break and RPM drops to somewhere around 1200 and try to accelerate without down shift then there is some vibrating sound coming up from dash board/doors, again the pattern is not reproducible all time, but definitely it is not quiet. Are all Innova face this issue and better to ignore or report it?

4. Small sound coming from the viper blades, I took it to them some time back for the same issue, and they told that no issue with the blades, they did the checking by spraying the washer fluid and wipe, washer fluid have the shampoo mixed in it and with this you will never hear the noise, I tried to explain the same, but no use, still the sound comes even there is enough water droplets on the wind shield. Is it better to change the blades? Any suggestion? I don't see much issue with the existing wipe quality, it is good, only issue is with the screeching sound.

5. Rust formation on the front disk. With Innova I see lot of rust formation on the front disk, and this rust create noise while breaking for the initial few break applications, is this normal? I observe rust even during office parking time, for E.g. morning if I park my car, and if it rained during the day time then I observe the rust marks in the evening. Is this so OK? With my previous car (Swift) I never faced this issue.

Checking all these because I have no other option other than giving to Nippon Toyota for service, they have the monopoly, and getting a thing done from them is a herculean task for me. For them they know all the things and whatever we say is of junk. Every time I visit/contact the show room, I leave the show room with a bad taste in my mouth. So unless it is real issue I don't want to discuss with them, and want to quit at the earliest. For issue 1 I have to inform them only, but for issues 2,3,4 and 5 what is the suggestion, please help me,
Manoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2014, 19:36   #210
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Back to Chndgrh
Posts: 2,203
Thanked: 2,953 Times
Default re: Review: 2013 Toyota Innova Facelift

Quote:
B-pillar plastic cover is not getting placed properly (the plastic cover where the seat belt hook in B-pillar is getting fixed).
I think this is secured in place by door rubber gasket - check if that has gone lose .
Quote:
Blue-tooth phone/audio connectivity is getting dropped in between
How many phones in all have you synced - remove all and keep just one that you use and see if this problem happens again, try with a different handset if you still have this issue .

Quote:
Small sound coming from the viper blades
Maybe rubber has turned hard , replacing it wont be expensive from Toyota .Better to get this changed before it puts scratches on windshield .

Quote:
Rust formation on the front disk. With Innova I see lot of rust formation on the front disk, and this rust create noise while breaking for the initial few break applications, is this normal
given the weather it's acceptable , depends on steel used by manufacturer . Nothing to worry .
Quote:
For them they know all the things and whatever we say is of junk.
Typical Toyota Dealer mentality at most of places , they are so confident on Toyota Quality

Last edited by Turbanator : 4th September 2014 at 19:37.
Turbanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tiny AGM betters Giant Toyota on the Innova facelift GTO Modifications & Accessories 60 24th August 2017 09:56
2012 Toyota Innova (Facelift) - Ownership Report GoSlow Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 22 13th September 2013 10:13
A close look at the 2012 Toyota Innova facelift GTO The Indian Car Scene 255 7th September 2013 22:07
2012 Toyota Innova facelift unveiled internationally Vid6639 The Indian Car Scene 135 20th December 2011 15:27


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:24.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks