Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 27th February 2014, 23:23   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Grand i10 CRDi Sportz - My Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAND23 View Post
Hyundai would have eliminated the push start button, roof rails (as per my view) up-to sportz variant and added a defogger in same variant. Features such as push start button, auto mirror folding should have been made standard for asta variant.
I couldn't agree more. Its about time that manufacturers start making safety features standard across variants. Roof rail and alloys are things which you can add on to your car later, but not Airbags and ABS. This is what i like about Honda Amaze. Diesel model has ABS standard across all trims and the top 2 trims has dual airbags. Volkswagen has also made a great move by making airbag standard cross all versions of Polo, thanks to Global NCAP tests which painted a grim picture of car manufacturers flouting passenger safety in India.
Samfromindia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2014, 12:59   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanjuRamesh View Post
I was interested to know how much is the difference in OTR for Petrol and Diesel Gi10. Also when you say Optional, Your final OTR figures includes all the Optional or excluding them?
This is the quotation which I received for Grandi10 today from Trident Hyundai, Bangalore. I hope it helps to you and others as well.

Petrol
Sportz variant - 588000/-
Asta variant(without ABS and airbags) - 628000/-
Asta optional (which has ABS and airbags) - 665000/-

Diesel
Sportz variant - 706000/- (When I bought it was 721000/-)
Asta variant(without ABS and airbags) - 738000/-
Asta optional (which has ABS and airbags) - 775000/-

All the above prices quoted are on-road price which is after cut in the excise tax on cars.
GRAND23 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2014, 14:02   #18
BHPian

Congratulations. Have many more happy and safe miles with the car. This color looks best with Grand i10.

Quote:
Power mirror folding button. Works only when car electrical accessories are on.
In i20, it works even if you completely shutdown and take out the keys. Have you tried it anytime?

Quote:
What was the cost before excise cut? Three years back, i20 Magna CRDi was costing a bit less than this I guess. I paid 8.15 for Sportz variant. I'm wondering where will they position the Grand i10 based compact sedan. It may completely overlap with i20. If it happens, the i20 sales may completely go down since majority of folks prefer CS over premium hatchback.
guyfrmblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2014, 10:06   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
In i20, it works even if you completely shutdown and take out the keys. Have you tried it anytime?
What was the cost before excise cut? Three years back, i20 Magna CRDi was costing a bit less than this I guess. I paid 8.15 for Sportz variant. I'm wondering where will they position the Grand i10 based compact sedan. It may completely overlap with i20. If it happens, the i20 sales may completely go down since majority of folks prefer CS over premium hatchback.

It works in Gi10(grand i10) also but there is a condition. After you shutdown the engine mirror folding, power windows work for few seconds only. What I mean to say is if you are starting the car after few hours or after night, mirror folding or power windows will work only after car electrical accessories are on.

The on road price of asta and sportz variant when I bought(OCT-13) was 785000/- and 721000/- respectively.

Gi10 sedan will compete with cars such as swift dzire, Honda amaze. Your point of overlap is very valid. All we have to do is wait and watch how Hyundai will squeeze their sedan car with existing hatchback lineup.
More info. about Gi10 sedan is here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/news/hyundai...due-april-2014
GRAND23 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2014, 11:32   #20
BHPian

Quote:
It works in Gi10(grand i10) also but there is a condition. After you shutdown the engine mirror folding, power windows work for few seconds only. What I mean to say is if you are starting the car after few hours or after night, mirror folding or power windows will work only after car electrical accessories are on.
Thanks for the clarification. In i20, the power windows works only for 5 seconds after shutdown but the mirror folding mechanism works anytime. No need to switch ON the accessories mode for folding mirrors.
guyfrmblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2014, 11:19   #21
BHPian

Hi Grand23, congrats on your new ride!

How is the highway performance of the grand i10 diesel? Can it maintain three digit speeds all day without any fuss?
Speed.Demon is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2014, 10:55   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
How is the highway performance of the grand i10 diesel? Can it maintain three digit speeds all day without any fuss?
I would say high performance of diesel grand i10 is okay but not too good. You cannot keep cruising at 120kmph for long time. You can feel bit vibration, stability and control issues.
But cruising at 100 kmph has no issues, engine runs butter smooth and steering response is too good.
GRAND23 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2014, 15:43   #23

@Grand23

HI,

I just wanted to understand
1) If the mileage you got was with the AC always turned on or for an x% of Kms.
2) How you calculated the mileage

I'm also fine if you reply to me vide a personal message.

Regards
Zurvaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2014, 11:46   #24
BHPian

Hi Grand23,

I am planning to buy Grand i10 as a replacement for my Swift Vxi. This will be driven primarly by my wife.

I intend to go for Petrol due to lower usage but Diesel is tempting in long run.
I as I read you did take Petrol TD and found it good. In fact you did not rate the Diesel engine very high, so suppose I decide that I need to have diesel car, Is Grand i10 the best option or you suggest something else.

thanks
Wanderers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2014, 20:21   #25
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Petrol
Sportz variant - 588000/-
Asta variant(without ABS and airbags) - 628000/-
Asta optional (which has ABS and airbags) - 665000/-

Diesel
Sportz variant - 706000/- (When I bought it was 721000/-)
Asta variant(without ABS and airbags) - 738000/-

All the above prices quoted are on-road price which is after cut in the excise tax on cars.
Please enlighten me. I was looking at the ex-showroom price for chennai/blore for Petrol Asta (O), and it's around 5.46. So, after octroi and insurance, I was expecting the top end to be around 6 lacs. How come it comes to 6.65 on road? So, insurance, octroi, taxes etc come to 1.25 lacs?
gigatech2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2014, 08:45   #26
BHPian

Sorry Guys, I was held with some personal commitments. Its been long time here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurvaan View Post
@Grand23

1) If the mileage you got was with the AC always turned on or for an x% of Kms.
I calculated mileage for without AC. If you turn on the AC may be 1 or 2kms will drop. I think so. I haven't checked with AC.

2) How you calculated the mileage

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...een-fills.html (Simple calculator to compute your car's mileage, Cost / KM, Distance between fills...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Hi Grand23,

I am planning to buy Grand i10 as a replacement for my Swift Vxi. This will be driven primarly by my wife.

I intend to go for Petrol due to lower usage but Diesel is tempting in long run.
I as I read you did take Petrol TD and found it good. In fact you did not rate the Diesel engine very high, so suppose I decide that I need to have diesel car, Is Grand i10 the best option or you suggest something else.

thanks
Both Suzuki and Hyundai petrol cars are reliable. Grand i10 petrol car is too good. Engine is smooth and peppy. Fun to drive engine. But I got a review from my colleague that mileage is not upto the mark.
Are you planning to go for AT or manual for your wife?
If you are planning for manual, I don't think you need replacement. But there are factors which you may consider such as light steering which is most preferred to female drivers.

Actually in diesel grandi10, one thing I was looking was for 4-cylinder diesel engine. You can expect some vibration which is typically present in 3 cylinder engine. With AC, power delivery is not linear especially when you are driving in lower gears and with fully loaded passengers.
Take the car in highways, drive the car @ 100kmph, you can expect awesome mileage from this car. For long runs, I recommend you to for grand i10 diesel if you are looking for mileage and driveability. As I said in my review sedate driving style should be adopted. I am personally enjoying the car, I don't have any complaints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigatech2006 View Post
Please enlighten me. I was looking at the ex-showroom price for chennai/blore for Petrol Asta (O), and it's around 5.46. So, after octroi and insurance, I was expecting the top end to be around 6 lacs. How come it comes to 6.65 on road? So, insurance, octroi, taxes etc come to 1.25 lacs?
The quotation what I received was from one of the dealer in Bangalore. I am sure top end is around 6.6 Lakhs. The road tax itself is nearly 1 lakh in Bangalore.
Old 1st May 2014, 11:40   #27
BHPian

Hi Grand23

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes for mileage & long term prospects like resell etc, I would like to go for Diesel, may be sports model. but now another Idea has come up after reviewing the ex-showroom prices at Hyundai website.

what about i20 Diesel ?
This will ensure 4 cylinder engine. Also i20 lower variants are better equipped. For example- sports Model itself has all the steering controls, ABS.

Price difference around 80K but there would be greater discount as the Model is getting older.
Your thought please.
Wanderers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2014, 17:41   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Price difference around 80K but there would be greater discount as the Model is getting older.
Your thought please.
I was choosing between the Grand i10 and i20 a few weeks back. In the petrol guise though. The Sportz variant in i20 is good value. The Grand i10 diesel is very fuel efficient and a great city car, as per a good friend who picked up a diesel recently.
I would say in petrol go for the Grand i10 and in diesel i20.
Also, where in Delhi do you put up? Safdarjang Hyundai in Udyog Vihar has some 2013 i20's (only diesel ones). They were offering 50-60k discount on them without negotiations.
promit is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2014, 23:20   #29
BHPian

Quote:
what about i20 Diesel ?
This will ensure 4 cylinder engine. Also i20 lower variants are better equipped. For example- sports Model itself has all the steering controls, ABS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
I was choosing between the Grand i10 and i20 a few weeks back. In the petrol guise though. The Sportz variant in i20 is good value. The Grand i10 diesel is very fuel efficient and a great city car, as per a good friend who picked up a diesel recently.
I would say in petrol go for the Grand i10 and in diesel i20.
Hi Wanderer,
Completely agreed with what promit said. If you could stretch out your budget to i20 diesel, then please go for it. Four cylinder diesel engine is packed with power and grandi10 diesel is built for mileage. Actually myself and one of my ex-colleague we booked the grand i10 and i20 diesel on same day. May be before you make a decision just go through any ownership thread of i20 diesel.

Also recently I read article in one of the local newspaper that grand i10 diesel AT is on the way. Hyundai is planning to launch the car by May 2014. The price range is 6.75-7.50 lakhs.
Swift facelift is going to be launched by July 2014. The price range is 4.42-6.71 lakhs. Facelift includes push start button, climate control, leather seat (interesting), Music system with bluetooth support and more. Petrol engine comes with 1.2L 85BHP, 114 Nm torque. Diesel engine comes with 1.3 Multijet, 74BHP, 190 Nm torque.

Source: Prajavani Kannada newspaper

Just try to get more information on these and then make a decision.

Cheers
Santhosh

Old 18th May 2014, 17:20   #30
BHPian

Hi Grand23

Please can you let me know if using the key to central lock the car also locks the boot. I have tried doing it but somehow the boot is not getting locked. I also waited for a long time to check if anything happens - but no luck :(

Was wondering if its an issue with my car or all the Grands!
aghosht is offline   Reply With Quote