Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 19th August 2006, 21:27   #31
BHPian

Finally i also booked a Xeta GLG today (A-One Motors, Rama Road - Delhi). Tata is delivering the vehicle on Wednesday (hopefully) and the kit will take another 7 days to be installed.

@ wolfinstein: Thanx bro for giving all this info, it actually helped me a lot in making up my mind.

@ saildrive: I also got 18 months warranty and Tata has refused to give extended warranty. I checked with 3 dealers for this but all of them said the same thing. Actually extended warranty is offered by some 3rd party vendor and not TATA. They told me that it might be offered in future. I did not check with Vivek Motors as it is too far from my place.

I'll soon post reviews of my new car

Regards
Jasmeet Pal
Jasmeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2006, 22:09   #32
BHPian

Ok...Well here maybe some information I did not clear out...! The Extension warranty is given by United India Insurance on TATA'S behalf, It has three slips of which TATA/United/Customer recieve a copy..! It says that you can walk in anytime after 18 months to get any mentioned repairs done..! The bill will be settled by insurance. Now I'm not in a postion to waste 4,400 + rupees if it was something not committed to me, I have a copy of the Extension warranty book..! Since this worm will now eat my peace...I may as well walk into the showroom and clarify this, But Why issue me warranty in the first place.

@ Jasmeet..congrats man..! BTW peice of advice...You will have to hound the Shrimanker people, Including your dealer as ..they are going to make lame excuses to get it done in time...! I suggest after 7 day..get over to the showroom and have them speak with Jignesh, the guy who will handle all the CNG work at Shrimanker..! One another thing..There seems to be a shortage of 12 Kg cylinder...However make sure and be adamant so as to get it ASAP...nahin toh they will give you a 14 KG cylinder which won't fit properly or give you a 9 kg cylinder..offering to replace it as soon as the 12 KG is back in stock..however its all a long story they make...Ask only for the 12 KG..! Any more info PM me..! I have to get that Damn ECU installed..still waiting for the stock..!

Waise I hope you delay the fitment by over a period in which you can at least cover 1000 plus KM so that the engine can have a good run in..! I got mine at 1400 KM...! TATA says that the period is 5000 , But I rather stick to my Lancers Schedule which I think is the best available..!
Maybe you can drive around that much in a week or more..! BTW What Colour and What Accessories you getting apart from the Free MP3 system offered by TATA.

Last edited by wolfinstein : 19th August 2006 at 22:13.
wolfinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2006, 11:19   #33
BHPian

Hi wolfinstein,
Thanx bro I'll bring my baby to the T-BHP meet. I did not take the MP3 player from the dealer, i opted for cash discount. I have taken a gear lock / central lock (5 door) combo from Tata which is costing me 5500/- and body colour side view mirrors along with body colour door handles for 2500/- (i know this is very expensive compared to after market fittment). Also i have bargained my way to get the flaps and mats for free from the dealer.
Once i get the delivery of the car (Silver colour) , i'll get the tyres changed to alloys and will probably get a decent system fitted.

As per your advice, I'll not get cng kit fitted before i cover atleast 1000 Kms or more. Thanx for the info.

Now i am waiting impaitently for my car, i'll come back to you for more advice once i get the delivery.

Cheers!!

Regards
Jasmeet Pal
Old 23rd August 2006, 20:08   #34
BHPian

well jasmeet, since he already made the money out of you for the mirrors and door handle, i don't think it was such a loss of rs 400 for him..lol !
To get the Door handles and The Side Mirrors Painted to Body Colour Artic Silver, Vivek asked me to pay 1600 + Tax, which came around 1795 /-, Will get that done later..! + Mats I got free...But those are the Rubber ones yaar..Monsoons ke baad I want to get good mats and Good Seat covers..If you find a good deal do let me know..!
If you're getting the Bridgestone Tyres then you can also change the tyres into Tubeless for better performance...! Jahan aap itna spend karoge for good alloys, Tubeless tyres bhi daal lo wheels par, I'm sure you can get a good deal for your new OEM tyres and Rims..! Try Tyre Plaza, Lajat Nagar..! Why I recommend you shift to Tubeless is since you're going for Alloys, Tubeless give the best performance..nahin toh toh OEM hi chalne dena..!

Last edited by wolfinstein : 23rd August 2006 at 20:09.
Old 6th September 2006, 16:06   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein
Hey sorry yaar,

I finally managed to have the CNG System installed two weeks back ( 300 KM ago)..still missing the ECU Unit-should come across this week or so...I will be clicking the pictures + speed ratings and write up on sunday...!
I can tell you, the car runs beautiful...however slugs on sudden pickup only with AC on..That will be taken care of by the ECU Unit..or if someone else opts for a Advanced Timer.., Once its above 50 KMPH she runs like a rocket..!

regards
I have query regarding Timing advancer and ECU unit.Here nobody is aware of these 2 parts.I have seen a new Indigo petrol getting converted to CNG and drove it after conversion, i felt very minimal difference in performance.My query what if we run the car without timing advancer and ECU unit ,will it harm the engine in anyway?Will i get a better gas consumption with these two fitments?

Thanks in advance
damodar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2006, 19:41   #36
BHPian

@ Damodar, Yes with the ECU and Advanced timer, the Gas flow is regulated as per the sensor, So FE goes up..! Advanced Timer basically functions to give you higher accelaration on sudden pickup. The setting of the System happens with a Scanner unlike the regular Hand-Hit and Trial method...The scanner reads the data and you can set it electronically as per your Car and Need for speed...!
Old 9th September 2006, 21:08   #37
BHPian

please do update when the ECU is fitted. sounds like a nice bargain but it is really not for us because we just crossed 1000km....in four months!
i have a question. did you get your car serviced at 1000km or is it only 5000km because the workshop has called and said that is it 5000km or six months.
heelntoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2006, 22:54   #38
BHPian

Ya, I'm still waiting for the Unit, Rains in Mumbia had damaged there stock, so again a wait too long..! Well I have to follow the stated schedule of 5000 KM's for First service, However Every 1000, I check her up, clean the Air filter, Oil her doors and hinges, Get Car wash from dealer..! Its been only 2 Months and Some days- clocked around 3660 KM.
Old 21st September 2006, 18:08   #39

Hi i m new to this website...well this is my 1st post...
i got my new Xeta some dayz bck n it has run only 650 kms uptill now...
but i m getting very very less average ...6-7 kmp/L on AC...
i tuk my car 2 a serive center..1 of the advisor told me Xeta gives less mileage upto 1st 5000 kms....but still i m not convinced....

Ppl using Xeta let me know their experience and also let me knw if converting 2 CNG is advisable ...since some say though its economical its gives more maintenance...so is it true??

Other than tht...Xeta is superb car very handy n easy 2 manouvre in city ...gd pickup...i even hav a scorpio but now a dayz i prefer xeta over tht since its easy 2 go around...n gives a wonderfu driving experience...

Comment Plz..!!1
jateen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2006, 19:01   #40
BHPian

@ Jateen, I used to get around 11.5 with AC right from the start and today i'm on 4140 Kms with the same Petrol Avg.
I think the problem is your Fuel, I recokned that initially I got lesser mileage around 11 with Power ( HP) and more with HP Regular, Recently I got a tank fill done with power and it gave me better mileage now of 12.1 Km/Per Ltr.
So change to a better fuel, In my case HP works best..You need to find the best suited one for your car..it varies car to car.
Also, Your driving pattern could be the culprit, avoid heavy clutch use and frequent shift in gears, Drive mostly on 4 or 5 for speeds above 50.
As for CNG you can read above..! I'm happy with the 17 Km/Per Kg I get now.
Acha I thought I ask you this, Has the brake power reduced in your XETA after a period of time..! I feel my brakes are a little sluggish.
Old 21st September 2006, 19:37   #41

Hi wolfistein...Thnx 4 tht reply...
i m using pure 4 sure fuel....so i guess...it will not b case of adulterated petrol..moreover i m driving for more than 5 yrs...so even driving is not an issue since its handled single handedly by me...
so i was feeling there is sumthing wrong with the car..?
but does xeta give 14 avg?? (thtz wht they advertise)

Braking is normal as it was b4 uptill now,but i noticed therez 1 bug in Xeta dashboard lock....if u lock it...n if sum1 tries it hard...it gets easily broken....my dash lock got broken under same circumstances...n service center ppl say...they haven't got dash locks from company ...so they hav asked meto wait for few days...

1 more thing just lemme know if ur car is giving u maintenance after CNG conversion....and is ur car giving more mileage after completing 4000 kms..

NOTE FROM SUPPORT TEAM: Kindly avoid using SMS language
jateen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2006, 19:58   #42
BHPian

Hi wolfinstein!
Okay after reading about the advanced timer and the ECU thing i have a few questions...
Firstly, are both one and the same? If no, which one should i get installed?
Secondly, are they included in the CNG kit, or do i need to pay extra for them? If yes, about how much?
Thirdly, does this ECU interfere with my car's ECU?
ess_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2006, 20:59   #43
BHPian

@ Jatin,
Well Sir, I din't doubt your driving abilities, I was considering that since its a new car maybe you use it differently, It took me some to adjust to XETA after my Dad's Lancer SFXi. Well the car was giving me a little less mileage earlier but now its around 12.1, 14 Km/Per Ltr is what was advertised and under standard test conditions. Mostly Users I have interacted with at Tata Indica Users Group at Yahoo! and also in real life have all vouched that its around 12.1 +- a small variation but def not 13 or 14..On highway 16.1 as quoted by a user on Yahoo!. However I felt a better response overall only after 1500 Kms, The car took faster acceleration and more refinement. About the dashboard lock, I really don;t use it much apart from storing the Spare HL Bulbs and RTO papers, However I will avoid the hard way like you suggested.
About the brakes, Tsk here suggested it could be an issue with the Brake fluid which might need bleeding and change. Try and shift to Power from HP and see if it gives you a better response on FE.
However I just wanted to ask you one more thing, Are you getting a slow response or sluggish feel on sudden pickup, If thats the case the FE is down because of a dirty throttle, Get that cleaned Free from a Authorised workshop.
BTW you could also PM Jasmeet, He also bought a XETA recently and would have by now clocked around 1000 Kms post CNG installation which I advised to him to get done only after 1000 Kms. I suggest you also look into the prospect of getting the CNG system retrofitted by a TATA dealer which will not void your warranty and will also give you a smile each time you Gas up..! Just imaging the Satisfaction of driving 150 kms on Rs.172.
No maintaince issues yet..! Just had to get an Odd Adjustment of CNG done 2 weeks back.

@ Ess- Well after 3 months of getting bounced Left right, I'm now told that the ECO Gen 3000 the ECU for the system will not be coming to india, So I need to go for the Lamda Controller, Now this device interfaces with the Cars ecu using emmulators and sensor hardwired to the existing layout, With Eco Gen 3000 it was a different story. Suggest you also go for what is available the Lamda Controller and Advanced Timer, Both os these are seprate devices, You can also run the system without any of these add on's..It depends on your Deal with the CNG guy of what all you are paying for, However I suggest get this done and along with Insurance and RTO work, This will not cost anything more than 42,000 in all...!

@ Jasmeet, Bhai where are you no post in a long time..I spoke with Vivek and here is the clarification on the extended warranty issue- All XETA's sold Post 30 June 2006 with CNG will have Extended warranty cover, Since there was a Confusion from TATA-United India and Dealers End..! I've asked for a written clarification.

Last edited by wolfinstein : 21st September 2006 at 21:09.
Old 22nd September 2006, 11:40   #44
BHPian

Hi everybody!
Yar Wolf i am so sorry that i have not been able to post here for a long time. Actually i have been traveling extensively since TBHP Delhi meet and have not had time to visit this place. And by the way THANX-A-TON for answering all my queries before i made up my mind to buy this car

Acha guys Iíll tell you my story of Xeta. First of all bhai its a complete value for money car! nothing more nothing less. Don't expect super duper on road performance like other petrol cars of the same segment. What this car is a simple comfortable (to some extend) and economical (with CNG). The road handling is not that great and sudden pickups are actually non existent. the gear shifting ratio is very different from other cars. The cars interiors feel really good and the space inside is simply amazing!! The suspension etc. I feel are better than Wagon R.

FE: I have been getting 11.3+ constantly with HP Premium Petrol (100% AC on) and its not bad considering that at least once a week me and friends have dinner in my car and the cars is stationary for at least 1 hours with AC on.

Brakes: feels ok to me as of now. I have driven almost 1600 Km now.

Pickup: Its ok! is what Iíll say... nothing too great but not bad.

Overall: I'll a very good car given the pricing and overall package.

CNG Story: Well the CNG kit has still not been fitted in my car. I have been running after my dealer (A-One Motors) but they say that CNG kits are in shortage right now and even the cylinders are not available so Iíll have to wait. I myself have been on a tight schedule so did not follow up with them religiously but Iíll visit them next week and catch them by their bal*s.

That's all for now. I'll post more about the car and some pictures very soon.
Old 22nd September 2006, 20:42   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein
It depends on your Deal with the CNG guy of what all you are paying for, However I suggest get this done and along with Insurance and RTO work, This will not cost anything more than 42,000 in all...!
Well this is good news then! BTW the guy there was quoting a figure of about 39k for 12kg cylinder and 35k for the 9 kg one... So was he including the charges for Lamda Controller as well as Advanced Timer? I think RTO charges are another 2k....

@jasmeet
Do update us as and when you get ur kit installed....
ess_a is offline   Reply With Quote