Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 16th September 2007, 23:50   #76

Default From which TACS should I get CNG Fitted in New Delhi

Hi Wolfinstein: I need to know which is the best TATA TASC from which I should get CNG installed in my CAR.

I have a Indica XETA GLX which is one year old; I brought it from Nawab Motors, Noida.

Thanks & Regards

Sumit
Sumit19629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 10:16   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumit19629 View Post
Hi Wolfinstein: I need to know which is the best TATA TASC from which I should get CNG installed in my CAR.

I have a Indica XETA GLX which is one year old; I brought it from Nawab Motors, Noida.

Thanks & Regards

Sumit

[COLOR=black]Hi Sumit,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]I'll not suggest you to get CNG fitted in Xeta. Some people are lucky to get decent results but majority of the xeta-cng user are facing a nightmare after getting the kit installed. basically xeta is not a very cng-friendly car. I especially bough xeta with cng as tata's were offering it with warranty but after struggling for 6 months with the kit and dealers (both tata and Shimanker) i could not satisfactory performance so i recently "uninstalled" the kit.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]This is just my opinion and suggestion, please consult more people who are actual users of xeta-cng and also at the end of the day its your choice :-) [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Regards[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Jasmeet[/COLOR]
Jasmeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 10:54   #78
BHPian

Hi Sumit,

The CNG installation is dealt by Shrimanker Gas Services, Located at CLAL Chowk Okhla.

Since at the time I bought the XETA , CNG Deal was taken care of by Vivek Motors and Fittment done by Shrimanker.

You can approach Vivek Motors and consult on how to get the process done, Just ensure that you do Opt for Closed Loop system with Lamda and TYCO Wiring, needless to say RC Endorsement along with Increased Insurance IDV.

My car is sold and serviced by Vivek, So I could only recommend through my expierence with them.
wolfinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2007, 00:27   #79

Hi Jasmeet: Thanks buddy for your advice and guidance. I will seek more people advice before installing the CNG on my car.

Wolfinstein: Thanks Buddy for sending out the information requested.

If I need any more information help I will get back to you.

Thanks.
Sumit19629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2007, 10:44   #80
Team-BHP Support

Why not consider the CNG Santro ?
Eddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2007, 14:17   #81
BHPian

Hi,

Jasmeet Bhai, You've logged onto Team-BHP aafter a very long spell, I'm not sure if you did manage to get the Retrofittments and more so The Communication depends also on the TASC.

I've completed 20100 Km as of today and no issues, Earlier problems were only with Open Loop system.

After the ECU upgrades to Series 27 Valeo, OEM Wiring TYCO and OEM Bedini Lamda Controller( June 2007), All major niggles were cleared out.
wolfinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2007, 14:44   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

actually yes, CNG has not been a problem in our car - 18k is done since nov/dec06 types

recently 180 bucks CNG, 212 kms. do the math. my pulsar and caliber are both ashamed

though yes, new tyco changeover button is not good. previous bedini single button was good, albeit its fixed in an awkward location - stand over their head when its done

Last edited by phamilyman : 19th September 2007 at 14:46.
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2007, 14:58   #83
BHPian

Seriously, you guys are smart cookies! My Swift burns atleast four times the money for equivalent mileage.
ballkey is offline   Reply With Quote