| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|2nd January 2014, 00:09||#46|
Join Date: Oct 2011
Thanked: 140 Times
Re: A dream come true: My Purple Mahindra XUV5OO W8 FWD
Finally, after a long long wait took my XUV for a much deserved vacation.
The route was:
Amritsar to Chandigarh to Solan
Solan to Nangal.
Nangal to Amritsar.
Total distance covered: 692 kms
Fuel Economy: 14.6 km/l
It was my first long trip with my almost 2 month old purple beauty. I was waiting for it to happen to test the true abilities of it.
Following are the observations.
1) Tireless journey: Even after almost 6 hrs of continuous driving, fatigue was almost non existent. The awesomely bolstered seats and high driving position helps.
2) Good back seat journey: This is completely from the feedback received from my wife and 4 yr old kid. They were very happy at the back although my wife had one complaint that she was able to sit cross legged on the back set of linea but not in XUV (? short bench length)
3) Performance: This is one area where the vehicle never disappointed. Even with 5 adults, 3 kids and luggage, the car was never out of breath on the hills.
4) Road/Weather conditions: During this trip i was able to test my car on
- Good roads
- Bad roads
- Worst roads
- No roads
- Sunny weather/ rains/fog
i must say that XUV passed all of the above with flying colors.
5) Features: I used the cruise control, hill ascent, hill descent, auto wiper during the trip and never did any of these give me headache. they worked flawlessly.
6) NVH: The top speed attained during the trip was 130 km/hr and the nvh levels were well controlled (6th gear to the rescue here) although initial vibration on just starting from standstill is present.
All in all, it was a very good experience with XUV and i hope it continues
|The following BHPian Thanks manasmadaan for this useful post:|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah||J.Ravi||Long-Term Ownership Reviews||686||12th December 2017 22:29|
|My Opulent Purple Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD - Going with the heart||Stryker||Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports||46||13th February 2017 20:23|
|Mahindra Scorpio LX: My Dream Come True: Initial Ownership Review||SharathScorp||Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports||48||22nd August 2013 17:54|
|Dream Come True - Our Dream Machine Diesel 2.2 VTT @ 35,000kms||kdeepakk||Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports||58||24th July 2010 14:39|