Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 17th September 2014, 23:48   #76
BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel, Trend variant - The machine I love

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
Enjoyed reading your thread

What was the cost of the Oil Filter
Can you pls give a service bill breakup & any idea about the

cost of Paid service
First, my sincere apologies for responding so late.

Here goes the breakup of the second free service (10000 kms).

Consumables:
Gasket - Rs. 54
Washer fluid - Rs.55
Oil Filter - Rs.325
Other consumables - Rs.114
Wheel balancing - weights - Rs. 140 in total
Engine Oil (3.8Ltrs@286/ltr) - Rs.1097

Labour:
Wheel balancing - Rs. 560
Caster, Camber, Toeing check - Rs. 360

Taxes: Rs. 374

Total cost: Rs.3079

while enquired about the expected cost for the paid service, I was told that it would be around Rs.7000 - 7500.
Jude300 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2014, 22:54   #77
BHPian

Hi Folks,
Happy to let you all know that I have been selected to attend a customer connect event with the Ford’s engineering team from Germany that worked on the development of the Ecosport. The essence of the event is to collect the feedback directly from the customers to help them work on the future products accordingly.

I have listed a few points that I would highlight to them. However, to make it more effective, would like to know from you all any specific issues / feedbacks that you would want to highlighted to them.

Also, if by chance anyone else has also received the invitation, please connect with me. It would be nice to meet you at the event.
Jude300 is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2014, 09:50   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
Hi Folks,
Happy to let you all know that I have been selected to attend a customer connect event with the Fordís engineering team from Germany that worked on the development of the Ecosport. The essence of the event is to collect the feedback directly from the customers to help them work on the future products accordingly.

I have listed a few points that I would highlight to them. However, to make it more effective, would like to know from you all any specific issues / feedbacks that you would want to highlighted to them.

Also, if by chance anyone else has also received the invitation, please connect with me. It would be nice to meet you at the event.
You could ask them to develop an AWD version of the Ecosport using a higher power tune state of the Ecoboost engine. And if they can fit an AT gearbox it will be a segment first. Even otherwise they can definitely manage an AMT version of the gearbox.
sridhar-v is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2014, 21:28   #79
BHPian

Upgrade to Philips xtreme vision H4 55/60

I had recently upgraded the stock headlight bulbs to Philips xtreme vision bulbs. It was DIY and this is how i did it. There is a noticeable improvement but however would like to wait till I do a long night drive to comment on how much it helps on the highway.

The bulbs cost Rs.650/- each and was bought locally.

Changing the headlights for the Ford Ecosport is a simple thing and I would urge anyone who does long travels to try doing it once as it will help you if by any chance any of your headlight bulbs fail.

The below pictures will illustrate how simple it is.

The package:
Name:  Bulb1.jpg
Views: 2642
Size:  96.4 KB

Pic 1: The rubber cover that protects the bulb inside
Pic 2: Removing the rubber cover
Pic 3: After removing the rubber cover
Pic 4: Pulling out the plug

Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel, Trend variant - The machine I love-bulb2.jpg

Pic 5: Unlocking the lock
Pic 6: After unlocking it
Pic 7: Removing the existing bulb
Pic 8: Placing the new bulb

Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel, Trend variant - The machine I love-bulb3.jpg

Pic 9: Fitting the lock back into position
Pic 10: Plugging back the electricals
Pic 11: Fitting back the rubber cover
Pic 12: The end

Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel, Trend variant - The machine I love-bulb4.jpg
Jude300 is online now   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2014, 22:53   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Jude, many congratulations on your EcoSport. I know I'm well over a year late, and I'm not sure how I missed this thread all this time!

I liked the way you've documented your car with very nice pictures on page 1. The variants PDF file is also a cool resource - if only manufacturers themselves could provide this on their website!

Thank you also for the clear instructions on the headlamp bulb change - I've got a pair of Osram Night Breaker + that I need to fit, but have been lazy to getting around and actually doing

Do let us know how the light throw is at night? I'm curious because one thing I've heard is that the stock reflector is usually tuned for the height of the stock bulb (and the position of the filament within), and this results in less-than-optimal light throw with non-stock bulbs.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2014, 13:14   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Hey Jude, many congratulations on your EcoSport. I know I'm well over a year late, and I'm not sure how I missed this thread all this time!

I liked the way you've documented your car with very nice pictures on page 1. The variants PDF file is also a cool resource - if only manufacturers themselves could provide this on their website!

Thank you also for the clear instructions on the headlamp bulb change - I've got a pair of Osram Night Breaker + that I need to fit, but have been lazy to getting around and actually doing

Do let us know how the light throw is at night? I'm curious because one thing I've heard is that the stock reflector is usually tuned for the height of the stock bulb (and the position of the filament within), and this results in less-than-optimal light throw with non-stock bulbs.
Thanks for the wishes Arun. I have read your thread a few times as I was initially planning to buy the Ecoboost variant.

I have done only city rides with the new bulbs and hence couldn't really judge on the performance. However, the low beam is much better. But as you said need to see if the focus is good with the high beam. I ll update on that post 20th this month as I am planning to do a night drive to home for Xmas.

Fitting the bulbs is a 10 minute job. I never thought it would be that easy.
Jude300 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2015, 12:54   #82

The Variants pdf makes for a very informative overview. Thanks for preparing it.
Vitruvius is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2015, 18:31   #83
BHPian

Jude,
Very informative write-up,

what app are you using for calculating mileage,
is it available on Google PlayStore
GSMINC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2015, 23:20   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
Jude,
Very informative write-up,

what app are you using for calculating mileage,
is it available on Google PlayStore
I am using the "Fuel Monitor" app by LinksLinks Ltd.. not sure if its in playstore. Sorry for the late reply.
Jude300 is online now   Reply With Quote