Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd August 2017, 09:48   #361
BHPian

Default Re: BMW 320d: Joy comes home, My ultimate 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
What scares me is the possiblity of getting scammed once the BSI pack runs out next year. I enquired from them about the extension of BSI pack and the price for 10 year/1L kms is around 4.5L out of which I have effectively paid 2.5L for the first 5 years. So I will need to give around 2L more which will cover me for the service requirements for another 5 years.
It will be extended warranty plus BSI, right? If yes, then it is definitely worth it. With that you are completely covered against any major repair (like, suspension replacement for example) and can keep the car as long as you wish.

Also, much of that 2L would mostly be recovered during resale if you decide to let it go in a couple of years or so.
the_skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2017, 10:09   #362
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
It will be extended warranty plus BSI, right? If yes, then it is definitely worth it. With that you are completely covered against any major repair (like, suspension replacement for example) and can keep the car as long as you wish.

Also, much of that 2L would mostly be recovered during resale if you decide to let it go in a couple of years or so.
No it is only for service. The warranty would lapse at end of 5 years as per my original BSI. Even if I want to extend that then I can do so only for another year i.e. BMW offers warranty pack only till the 6th year. Also the cost of that additional 1 year of coverage is pretty steep, approx. around Rs. 1.2L or somewhere around that figure. I am willing to pay more if they had given an option to extend warranty.
drmohitg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2017, 10:30   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
No it is only for service. The warranty would lapse at end of 5 years as per my original BSI. Even if I want to extend that then I can do so only for another year i.e. BMW offers warranty pack only till the 6th year. Also the cost of that additional 1 year of coverage is pretty steep, approx. around Rs. 1.2L or somewhere around that figure. I am willing to pay more if they had given an option to extend warranty.
Then I don't think it's worth it. You will be spending 2L upfront for next five years only for service whereas the major expense would be most probably resulting from parts replacement.

Also, by opting out of BSI, you would have the flexibility of getting the car serviced at any FNG and order the parts online from abroad which will be cheaper, in general.

Last edited by the_skyliner : 3rd August 2017 at 10:32.
the_skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote