Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 11th March 2014, 10:33   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Driving Pleasure, My first AT - Hyundai Grand i10 Asta AT (Wine Red)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Congratulations on the car. Good pics and report. One Question: I see a + - on the gear shift. Does the car have a manual/Tiptronic mode?
Yes it has a manual/tiptronice mode. Hyundai calls it Sportz mode though.
superbhikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2014, 10:39   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Driving Pleasure, My first AT - Hyundai Grand i10 Asta AT (Wine Red)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
Yes it has a manual/tiptronice mode. Hyundai calls it Sportz mode though.
Thanks Did not know that. So you can manually shift gears 1-4 like a typical manual? Does it up shift automatically at the red line? And downshift if the revs fall too low in manual mode?
Rajeevraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2014, 11:47   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Thanks Did not know that. So you can manually shift gears 1-4 like a typical manual? Does it up shift automatically at the red line? And downshift if the revs fall too low in manual mode?
In sportz/manual mode, it downshifts automatically if the revs falls too low but you have to upshift manually on higher rpms/redline. No auto upshift at redline in sportz mode.
superbhikari is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2014, 15:15   #19
BHPian

Congratulations Mate on the car!!! I own a Oct 2009 i10 Sportz AT version, I must say, I am getting slightly better numbers as far as mileage is concerned. However, as you crunch more kms on your lovely machine, the mileage part also should get sorted.

The reason I said, I am getting better numbers is coz, I am getting close to 10-11 km-pl in traffic conditions. The downsider here in otherwise brilliant car is Hyundai's inability to clog in the 5th gear in its line-up of entry level and mid segment AT cars. In similar driving conditions, my City AT ends up giving an fuel efficiency of 12.5 to 13 km-pl.

Congratulations on your car once again, drive safe.
sawnilrules is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2014, 23:20   #20
Senior - BHPian

Arrow Re: Driving Pleasure, My first AT - Hyundai Grand i10 Asta AT (Wine Red)

Congrats on your new Grand i10 Auto. I am a diehard fan of manual transmission, though these days looking at the traffic, I am think my next car would be an automatic. The red colour looks nice too, not many people get a red colour, majority of the people opt for white or silver. I particularly liked the interiors, they look very up-market and premium; this I feel is the USP of this car. Enjoy your new ride and do keep putting up those experiences, especially of the service costs.
W.A.G.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2014, 06:34   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
It seems to be so far. I mainly drive it in city only with heavy traffic. It's giving 8-10 kmpl so far in the city with 20% AC usage. ODO as of now is around 1100 kms. Yes indeed the gearshifter is pretty smooth. ABS and Airbag are big omissions in this fantastic all-rounder car though.
Thanks.

I have zeroed in on the Xcent automatic SX(o) version. Price difference of 40k compared to Amaze even though it's loaded with so many useful features- this should negate the difference in FE. Also, I expect this car to run only around 5k kms per year.

Need one help though- can you check and tell the turning radius of the automatic i10? Should be same for Xcent. Didn't see this info in their website.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2014, 10:01   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Thanks.

I have zeroed in on the Xcent automatic SX(o) version. Price difference of 40k compared to Amaze even though it's loaded with so many useful features- this should negate the difference in FE. Also, I expect this car to run only around 5k kms per year.

Need one help though- can you check and tell the turning radius of the automatic i10? Should be same for Xcent. Didn't see this info in their website.
I think the turning radius of i10 Grand is 4.8. Do remember reading it during its launch.
h@r$h@l is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2014, 17:17   #23
BHPian

Hi! How is the vehicle doing now? I hope you are enjoying the drives and TCO is a VFM.

Any notes about the current FE in city?
pahwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2014, 22:22   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
Hi! How is the vehicle doing now? I hope you are enjoying the drives and TCO is a VFM.

Any notes about the current FE in city?
The car is serving the purpose for what it was bought for very well. It's bliss to have an auto in congested in city traffics. The Grand i10 needs to be serviced at 10k kms or 1 year after first 3 months check-up which is due in December 2014 for me. Till now, no money spent on any maintenance.

FE in city comes to 8-9 kmpl. Didn't get to measure it on highways since the other big car is on duty at highways most of the time.
superbhikari is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2014, 14:40   #25
BHPian

Hi Superbhikari (why that name? )

great review and photos.

quick question - would be curious to know the temperature guage reading after a drive. If possible could you share a photo?

Also on P or N do you feel very very very very very minor shivers in the car?

Try this: stationary car with gear in N and note the RPM meter - does it shiver minorly. Like barely? and hold the steering, do you feel a mild shiver occasionally?
barcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2014, 14:55   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode View Post

great review and photos.

quick question - would be curious to know the temperature guage reading after a drive. If possible could you share a photo?

Try this: stationary car with gear in N and note the RPM meter - does it shiver minorly. Like barely? and hold the steering, do you feel a mild shiver occasionally?
I will let superbhikari answer for why the name.

But on your question about the shiver, yes, I do feel it when the car is stationary, I in fact questioned the SA during the 1st service and all they had to say was this is how it is designed. Since this car was purchased for driving point A to B I did not probe further and left it at that. The shiver is more pronounced with the AC turned on. But its nothing major and does not hamper the performance of the car in any way.

Last edited by motomaverick : 7th October 2014 at 14:56.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2014, 15:09   #27
BHPian

Quote:

great review and photos.

Well, even I feel these so called shivers in my xcent AT. Very minor and didn't think anything of it up until now. I have to give the car for 1st service next week and will enquire about this.
Ross is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2014, 15:09   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
I will let superbhikari answer for why the name.

But on your question about the shiver, yes, I do feel it when the car is stationary, I in fact questioned the SA during the 1st service and all they had to say was this is how it is designed. Since this car was purchased for driving point A to B I did not probe further and left it at that. The shiver is more pronounced with the AC turned on. But its nothing major and does not hamper the performance of the car in any way.
Thanks Maverick. I was gonna go and stop people in the streets of Delhi to ask this shivering question. Am glad you saved me from the potential embarrassment and restraining orders.

About the temperature guage, on a scale of 1-10 how hot is your car? Mine is just a notch below the half-way mark.

Thanks.
barcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2014, 22:28   #29
BHPian

Quote:

great review and photos.

Why this handle name - Read it in my introduction at - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introd...-together.html (Let's revvvvv together !)

Yes, there are very-very-very minor shivers but no issue from this so far. Will update & post Temperature gauge pic soon.
superbhikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2014, 22:59   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Maverick. I was gonna go and stop people in the streets of Delhi to ask this shivering question. Am glad you saved me from the potential embarrassment and restraining orders.

About the temperature guage, on a scale of 1-10 how hot is your car? Mine is just a notch below the half-way mark.

Thanks.
Yes the temperature stays at 1 notch below the half way mark and this happens mostly after 600 meters of driving. I have driven the car non-stop for 4 hours and the temp needle stays at the same level.
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote