Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 29th August 2015, 09:38   #31

Default Re: Driving Pleasure, My first AT - Hyundai Grand i10 Asta AT (Wine Red)

Hi superbhikari,

I'm planning to go for Grand i10 Asta AT, but I'm worried about mileage (the lack of it) and service costs. Additionally, Hyundai doesn't give extended warranty beyond the usual 2 years. I'm also looking at Celerio Zxi AMT, precisely because of the above reasons, even though it feels like a downgrade.

Please advise.
sunitkaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2015, 12:37   #32
BHPian

Default Driving Pleasure, My first AT - Hyundai Grand i10 Asta AT (Wine Red)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunitkaul View Post
Hi superbhikari,

I'm planning to go for Grand i10 Asta AT, but I'm worried about mileage (the lack of it) and service costs. Additionally, Hyundai doesn't give extended warranty beyond the usual 2 years. I'm also looking at Celerio Zxi AMT, precisely because of the above reasons, even though it feels like a downgrade.

Please advise.

Yes the FE of i10 AT in city is very low at 8-10 kmpl and on highway 12-14 kmpl. There is no issue of service cost since it has pretty long service intervals at 10k Kms. or 1 year. It is a trouble free car to own and I don't think extended warranty is required for it. The major advantages of it are space, ride quality, most of the modern features, low maintenance.
The only downside for me are low FE, lack of airbags and ABS and 5 speed AT.
You need to prioritize your requirements and see which car fits it.
AMT will be sluggish than any CVT or AT box. So I suggest you to consider Grand i10, Brio, Figo Aspire or Jazz CVT depending on the money you wish to spend.

Last edited by superbhikari : 29th August 2015 at 12:38.
superbhikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2015, 23:11   #33
MSC
BHPian

Default Re: Driving Pleasure, My first AT - Hyundai Grand i10 Asta AT (Wine Red)

Congratulations for getting one of the most potent cars for our urban jungle. The wine red colour is a unique one and rarely seen. Fuel efficiency is a bit on lower side in city. Hopefully further services might give a bump of couple of kmpls.

Last edited by MSC : 30th August 2015 at 23:12.
MSC is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2015, 23:55   #34

Hi,

My only worry on buying the Grandi10 A/T is that there is no extended warranty whereas Ritz Automatic has the same.

I had raised a query with the Hyundai team and the query was sent to the mail ID's - crsales@hmil.net , crservice@hmil.net . Posting my query in this forum as I have failed to get a revert on the same. I would like to understand why there is no extended warranty for the A/T model alone ? To me any manufacturer giving extended warranty shows the confidence of manufacturer on their product. And the same confidence is reflected back in the buyer for going ahead with that particular model/manufacturer. With extended warranty being absent in Grand i10 Auto Variant, shall I comprehend that Hyundai does not have confidence on this particular product (Automatic Variant), to perform beyond the standard warranty period?

Thanks
-Sanjeev
sanjeev_67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2015, 21:28   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjeev_67 View Post
Hi,

My only worry on buying the Grandi10 A/T is that there is no extended warranty whereas Ritz Automatic has the same.

I had raised a query with the Hyundai team and the query was sent to the mail ID's - crsales@hmil.net , crservice@hmil.net . Posting my query in this forum as I have failed to get a revert on the same. I would like to understand why there is no extended warranty for the A/T model alone ? To me any manufacturer giving extended warranty shows the confidence of manufacturer on their product. And the same confidence is reflected back in the buyer for going ahead with that particular model/manufacturer. With extended warranty being absent in Grand i10 Auto Variant, shall I comprehend that Hyundai does not have confidence on this particular product (Automatic Variant), to perform beyond the standard warranty period?

Thanks
-Sanjeev
I don't think the extended warranty is required for a maintainence free car as Grand i10 petrol so far in one and a half year of ownership.
Old 28th September 2015, 09:01   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjeev_67 View Post
With extended warranty being absent in Grand i10 Auto Variant, shall I comprehend that Hyundai does not have confidence on this particular product (Automatic Variant), to perform beyond the standard warranty period?
A couple of years back, I saw that 5 year extended warranty in their cars was highlighted as a USP by the Hyundai dealers across the country.

Driving Pleasure, My first AT - Hyundai Grand i10 Asta AT (Wine Red)-1411283c_extendedwarranty.jpg

That banner was a common sight earlier in Hyundai service centre. However by the time I was all set to buy a car this year, the Hyundai dealership wasn't even keen in giving the Extended warranty offer. After a lot of pestering, a couple of days before delivery is when they even committed on disclosing the cost for 4 year extended warranty (for Xcent 1.2L Petrol Manual transmission). I wanted to go for 5th year extended warranty, but they quoted a disproportionate amount for adding that 5th year and a buyer would definitely shy away from that.

I believe more than anything related to confidence in the quality of the vehicles, this is a tactic by manufacturer and dealer as a way to make people into buying a car from their stable. They advertise this while the sales target aren't catching up. However once you have a steady business, they wouldn't want to offer it. In the long run, I think it is profitable for the company and more than that for the dealer in making customer's pay for what breaks - invariably almost something complicated in these new generation cars do break after a couple of years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
I don't think the extended warranty is required for a maintainence free car as Grand i10 petrol so far in one and a half year of ownership.
I don't think any car is maintenance free. Things can break and when that breaks, these cars can be quite costly to repair. My old i10's radiator fan blew off twice in consecutive years starting on 4th year. I shelled out approximately 5000 each on both the occasions - The costs are exorbitant, now thing about a problem with ECU. I sold out i10 only because of this fear that maintenance cost can be too much compared to the resale value of the vehicle. The same i10 was uneventful for almost the first 3 years. But every paid service was costing me 7000/- approximately at authorized service centre (it included items not covered under warranty). If this had to be a maintenance(cost) free experience, it should have been something like the Gold AMC, which Tata offered. Again, they offered it to get people to buy their vehicle. It was discontinued very soon.

This was also one of the reason I wanted 5 year extended warranty for my new car, but dealer wasn't even interested in enquiring the costs, and just quoted a whopping figure to chase me away from that option. I am now determined to sell off my current car before the extended warranty on it expires. I wanted to keep my vehicle for 5 years with me, but I probably won't.
roby.thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2015, 13:24   #37

The reason I am so paranoid about not having extended warranty is that I had to sell my Santro Automatic for a dirt cheap price because all of a sudden the car was stalling and jerking and I had got all the service and maintenance done from Advaith Hyundai as per the schedule and the guy was just not able to fix the problem. He finally said that some valve is gone and its costs 85K. That also he wasn't sure if it would fix the problem and the last thing is changing the gearbox which is 2.17L.

I was furious and when I spoke to the CC Manager they indeed confirmed the price to be 2.17L. That's when I decided to dispose it off. Of course the only consolation was I used the car for 7 years and it was in great condition even after crossing 1L KM. I have been using Hyundai for the last 12 years , but I was really disappointed on hearing the cost of the gearbox and the inability of Hyundai to fix it. They just want people to replace or dispose the vehicle. TouchWood if a new Grandi10 konks out after 2 years because of a gearbox problem it wont cost anything less than 3Lakh for sure.
sanjeev_67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2016, 19:01   #38
BHPian

Hey Superbhikari... has a nice kick to that handle, I like it.
I've booked my Asta (O) AT in the same color as yours. So I do get the ABS and Airbags you hoped for.
After a prolonged use, how has the car served you? Any issues you faced and overall efficiency you get?
I just loved the color. There was no other color which I could think of getting. Let me know how the story has been for you so far... I would post my ownership thread as soon as I get it.
adneeraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2016, 01:14   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adneeraj View Post
Hey Superbhikari... has a nice kick to that handle, I like it.
I've booked my Asta (O) AT in the same color as yours. So I do get the ABS and Airbags you hoped for.
After a prolonged use, how has the car served you? Any issues you faced and overall efficiency you get?
I just loved the color. There was no other color which I could think of getting. Let me know how the story has been for you so far... I would post my ownership thread as soon as I get it.
Believe me no issue at all so far. It's a very well built car. FE varies from 8-10 in city.
Old 26th July 2016, 15:34   #40
BHPian

Thanks for that!
I look forward to getting hands on my car.. Actually I can keep saying that. The car is for my wife and I'll seldom get to drive it :-)
adneeraj is offline   Reply With Quote