Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 29th December 2015, 05:47   #61
BHPian

i20 has now become the primary car after moving to Bangalore. So all weekend getways in the car. The car crossed the 20K mark and is now due for service. I will shortly post the service bill update. Given the increased highway usage decided to upgrade the horn to bosch horns. Not very loud but firm.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
My Commuter - Hyundai i20 Sportz Diesel. EDIT, now remapped!-1451348148133.jpg  

My Commuter - Hyundai i20 Sportz Diesel. EDIT, now remapped!-1451348169393.jpg  

Motoringlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2015, 18:10   #62
BHPian

Default 20K Service Update.

Team - Car just came from the 20K service. I felt the brakes were a bit mild per the earlier experience, service centre did tell me typical pads have a life of around 20K but on inspection told me i am good for another 10K, so no change of pads, though i did request the brakes be bled, initial impressions slightly better still not what i would call perfect.

Key Jobs

1. Moved to synthetic engine oil - i bought 5L of Mobil 1 5W 40 outside and gave it to the service station to fill.

2. A/C Filter Cleaning.

3. Climate control filter cleaning.

4. Injector cleaning - now at 20K i would have normally said no - the car has been used across 3 states with multiple highway fill ups - decided to go for it.

Attaching Billing Details

Total spend 9K (5.3K service centre + 3.7K Oil)

Attachment 1454233

Please let me know if you have specific questions.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
My Commuter - Hyundai i20 Sportz Diesel. EDIT, now remapped!-20151229_175406.jpg  

Motoringlover is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2016, 22:27   #63
BHPian

Default 30K Update, Service Details

Hi Team - I20 has been doing the daily duty in the family, the daily running has increased to roughly about 20K (Per year - estimated on 6 months usage), in the last 2 1/2 years the car has seen several out of station trips and has done a good job in taking my family in reasonable comfort.

Key Jobs in 30K Service.

1. I moved to 0W-40 Mobil 1 synthetic previous one was 5W-40, this one is a bit more pricy, roughly about 6K just for the oil, about 5L were needed.

2. Diesel Filter Changed. As of 30K the car has been used in Gurgaon, Delhi, Highways of Punjab, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kerala - You get the drift . Diesel filter change was recommended. 1.8K

3. Regular consumables for Service, Air Filter, Oil Filter + Labour - Total cost 3.5K. Inclusive of Oil Filter.

Next I want to get the Brakes checked, recent service was more focussed on the oil change as i did not have time for a full service. Please let me know if you have questions or comments.

30K Milestone completed in Hyderabad - Bangalore Highway.

My Commuter - Hyundai i20 Sportz Diesel. EDIT, now remapped!-20160620_180147.jpg

Thanks
Motoringlover is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2016, 15:19   #64
BHPian

Default Relay - Update

Hi Team - I moved to 100W bulb a while back, when one of them failed i moved back to 55W (Philips) - the view was not similar to 100W which i got used to, decided to do it correctly this time, included the rated relay for 100W applications. (H4 relay was converted to a H7), Lights are back their previous levels. One fused bulb was replaced. Total Cost of the Job 1,500/-.

1. Cost of Hella Relay - 999/-

My Commuter - Hyundai i20 Sportz Diesel. EDIT, now remapped!-20160627_145102.jpg

2. Replacement Bulb - 340/-

My Commuter - Hyundai i20 Sportz Diesel. EDIT, now remapped!-20160627_145126.jpg

3. Installation - 150/-

Also got the brakes checked, Service advisor felt the pads still have life left in them, and hence it was not replaced. I have never felt the correct bite in I20, Though my wife, who uses the car more regularly has never complained, Brakes were cleaned & Bled, along with general washing of the car.

Thanks

Last edited by Motoringlover : 27th June 2016 at 15:33.
Old 28th June 2016, 21:15   #65
BHPian

Default Re: My Commuter - Hyundai i20 Sportz Diesel. EDIT, now remapped!

Even I am thinking of serious upgrade of bulbs. I am planning to upgrade to extreme vision. Planning to take my car to local Mumbai expert Rishi on Saturday.
sameerpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 23:10   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerpb View Post
Even I am thinking of serious upgrade of bulbs. I am planning to upgrade to extreme vision. Planning to take my car to local Mumbai expert Rishi on Saturday.
It is very useful, especially on highway drives, recommend you do it right with the relay.

Best
ML
Motoringlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2016, 08:31   #67
BHPian

Default Safety Upgrade - Dash Cam

I20 has been doing great in its daily duty. Wife had a minor traffic accident which impacted the driver side fender, the car was sent to Hyundai Service, the car was fixed in 2 days, i realised it would be a good idea to have evidence should such an event occur, we have in the past also noticed not so pleasurable road driving experiences from a safety perspective (Dont we all) especially in the highways. Decided to get a Dash cam - I chose the brand Transcend - Drive Pro 200. I guess its a mid range model.

In the box view

My Commuter - Hyundai i20 Sportz Diesel. EDIT, now remapped!-20161022_080959.jpg

My Commuter - Hyundai i20 Sportz Diesel. EDIT, now remapped!-20161022_081008.jpg

Some immediate impressions - Good , Bad and Ugly.

Good

1. Great quality recording - 1080P Full HD
2. Pretty decent span of recording 160 degree of wide angle lens.
3. Ease of file transfer - It creates a small wifi signal in the car for transferring to and from the camera, i found the feature great to move the files.
4. Also records sound.

Bad & Ugly.

1. I am no expert when it comes to Video/Still photography - Finding the right angle to mount in the car is debatable. Your recording completely depends on it.

2. Uses loop recording which has its advantages, but if you don't save or transfer the file, the recording is lost for ever.

3. Messy wires, wife is not happy with the cables in the car, also since we only have a single charging port, this leaves no space for connecting a phone charger, i need to improve this area. I am considering an internal concealed mount for the same.

Cheers

Motringlover
Old 22nd October 2016, 10:12   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post
Messy wires, wife is not happy with the cables in the car, also since we only have a single charging port, this leaves no space for connecting a phone charger, i need to improve this area. I am considering an internal concealed mount for the same.
Deepak, You have two options to tackle this problem IMO.

Method 1: Use a socket splitter or any high speed charger with multiple USB ports.

Something like this:
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B005MIZYOW/..._ldVcybH73CZKH

Advantages of Method 1:

A. Direct plug in to activate the dashcam without losing charging point.

Disadvantages of Method 1:

A. Hiding the wiring won't be easy unless you get a long cable that can be routed through A-pillar, drivers foot-well and headliner.

B. "May put" unnecessary load on the 12V socket and its associated wiring.

C. If one forgets to unplug the dashcam power socket from the charging port, the dashcam would run throughout loosing out on the recorded data and also drain the battery. This is applicable if the charging port in your car is powered even if the ignition is OFF.

Method 2: Go the hardwiring way. Check my thread for the finer details and it is easy to do it too. Link below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...sh-camera.html (DIY Install & Review - The Mini 0806 Dash Camera)

Advantages of Method 2:

A. Best way to wire and totally safe on your cars electricals and dashcam. Doesn't put any load on your 12V socket.

B. Hides all the ugly wires dangling around

C. Totally reversible, if required at a later stage.

D. The dashcam would get power supply ONLY when you turn on the ignition. Helps save car battery too.

Can't think of any disadvantages for the Method 2.

Last edited by a4anurag : 22nd October 2016 at 10:33.
a4anurag is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2016, 14:38   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Deepak, You have two options to tackle this problem IMO.

Method 1: Use a socket splitter or any high speed charger with multiple USB ports.

Something like this:
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B005MIZYOW/..._ldVcybH73CZKH

Advantages of Method 1:
Thanks Anurag, enjoyed reading your DIY thread, you have a lot of patience and great attention to detail. I think i am going try to run the wire from the beading and use a faster charger, possibly the one your have recommended. I will avoid hard wiring for now.

Thanks for your time mate.

Cheers

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd October 2016 at 15:53.
Old 29th December 2016, 11:51   #70
BHPian

Quote:
It is very useful, especially on highway drives, recommend you do it right with the relay.

Best
ML
Finally I have upgraded lights for Skoda, The upgrade was to move on HID's so managed to get H7 - 4300W with canbus also upgraded parking lights to LED's. Here is a picture.
Attached Thumbnails
My Commuter - Hyundai i20 Sportz Diesel. EDIT, now remapped!-img_7466.jpg  

My Commuter - Hyundai i20 Sportz Diesel. EDIT, now remapped!-img_7467.jpg  

sameerpb is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2016, 09:41   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerpb View Post
Finally I have upgraded lights for Skoda, The upgrade was to move on HID's so managed to get H7 - 4300W with canbus also upgraded parking lights to LED's. Here is a picture.
Good work Sameer, lights have seem to have improved from the last time i drove the car. So does this setup improves both Low and High beam.
Old 30th December 2016, 11:01   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Good work Sameer, lights have seem to have improved from the last time i drove the car. So does this setup improves both Low and High beam.
This setup has improved low beam, High beam is still the same. I did not intend to upgrade high beam.
sameerpb is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2016, 22:51   #73
BHPian

Default 40K Service Update

Hi All - I20 has been great in doing the daily duties. 40K service updates included the following.

1. Change of Wiper Blades (On my request)
2. Air Filter
3. Oil Filter
4. AC Filter
5. Ribbed v Belt - Drive Belt
6. Replacement of a Fused Bulb
7. Engine Oil - (5L of Shell Helix) - Mobil1 not available.
8. Brake Cleaning. I am reasonably pleased with improvements post the pad change in the earlier iteration.

Overall on the pricey side overall cost (i bought 1 extra liter of Engine Oil) translates to about 14K (7K Engine oil, 2.7K Labour , Replacement parts 3.8K+taxes)

Please let me know if you have questions or comments. All services in Trident Hyundai - Kalyan Nagar, Bangalore.

Thanks

Deepak
Old 2nd January 2017, 11:10   #74
Team-BHP Support

DM : Nice thread you got going here and good to see the regular updates

You should be sharing some nice pictures of your regular Bangy-Hyd runs

When are you upgrading to the 1.8 TSI?
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2017, 13:36   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
DM : Nice thread you got going here and good to see the regular updates

You should be sharing some nice pictures of your regular Bangy-Hyd runs

When are you upgrading to the 1.8 TSI?
Avi please no dangerous ideas, I need to figure out on how to compress Video files from Dashcam, btw your thread is always a pleasure to read as well.

Best
Motoringlover is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote