Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2014, 21:48   #136
Team-BHP Support
 
aah78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC / BOM
Posts: 3,556
Thanked: 1,529 Times
Arrow Re: Tata Nano Twist XT : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
BMW's too have it inside the cabin (as pointed pout in one of TBHP reviews) so does Tesla & other battery operated cars. Do you despise them.... no.
BMW & Tesla don't place batteries within the passenger compartment.

BMW usually places their batteries in the trunk for better balance and Tesla, I think, has them under the cabin floor / in the trunk if I'm not mistaken.
aah78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2014, 11:35   #137
Senior - BHPian
 
CARDEEP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NCR
Posts: 2,694
Thanked: 1,473 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano Twist XT : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
BMW & Tesla don't place batteries within the passenger compartment.

BMW usually places their batteries in the trunk for better balance and Tesla, I think, has them under the cabin floor / in the trunk if I'm not mistaken.
I know that, but how different is that from the Nano as in most sedans, especially high end ones, the boot is accessible via the rear armrest & fumes can enter the cabin from this route.
CARDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2014, 15:32   #138
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 70
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano Twist XT : Driven

Hi,

Is anybody having a problem booking the Nano Twist. The dealer is telling that the car is not approved by the RTO and hence only a temp registration can be done.


Mods: Please move this to an appropriate section if this is not the right one
svdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2014, 17:14   #139
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 9,245
Thanked: 13,690 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano Twist XT : Driven

Concept 'Twist Active' unveiled - with openable hatch lid and AMT- revised bonnet, new rear bumper, new steering wheel. Specualted to be productionized in coming months!

Name:  2014TataNanoTwistActive6.jpg
Views: 7581
Size:  96.5 KB
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2014, 23:20   #140
BHPian
 
misquitas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Panjim
Posts: 858
Thanked: 272 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano Twist XT : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
Nano's "cheapest car in the world" tag did the most damage to its sales. I still remember a news where an auto driver sold off his 2 month old Nano and got a pre-owned Maruti 800 because that gave him a bump up the class ladder.......If Tata markets the Nano as a lifestyle vehicle, I seriously think that it will sell better. It is high time that they remove the "cheap car" image from this one.
The 'cheapest car in the world' slogan was indeed a mistake, since "cheap" unfortunately also relates to "inferior".

Imagine, if Tata's marketing/advertising department had to come up with the following:

It's not just a Nano, it's a N.A.N.O.

It is...

Novel (looks)
Affordable (economy)
N
imble (driving)
Optimal (space)

What say?
misquitas is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2014, 01:34   #141
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: HR 51/HR 29
Posts: 431
Thanked: 777 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano Twist XT : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by svdath View Post
Hi,

The dealer is telling that the car is not approved by the RTO and hence only a temp registration can be done.


That is, to quote you know whom, "utter and complete nonsense".

The car is fully approved, it cannot be sold if it isn't. There are many happy owners here.

Have no concerns. Will suggest you consider another dealer as this one is taking the usual blah blah blah to new heights.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2014, 11:14   #142
Senior - BHPian
 
blackasta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata, WB
Posts: 2,722
Thanked: 868 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano Twist XT : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by svdath View Post
Hi,

Is anybody having a problem booking the Nano Twist. The dealer is telling that the car is not approved by the RTO and hence only a temp registration can be done.


Mods: Please move this to an appropriate section if this is not the right one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post


That is, to quote you know whom, "utter and complete nonsense".

The car is fully approved, it cannot be sold if it isn't. There are many happy owners here.

Have no concerns. Will suggest you consider another dealer as this one is taking the usual blah blah blah to new heights.
The dealer may be wrong in choosing his words, but new cars/variants often take some time (1-2 weeks) to appear in the computerized drop down list of the RTO machines. I think this is the case here. I believe you can go for temp registration with written commitment from the dealer that he shall do the registration formalities from his end to get you a permanent number.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2014, 15:56   #143
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 70
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano Twist XT : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
The dealer may be wrong in choosing his words, but new cars/variants often take some time (1-2 weeks) to appear in the computerized drop down list of the RTO machines. I think this is the case here. I believe you can go for temp registration with written commitment from the dealer that he shall do the registration formalities from his end to get you a permanent number.
Thanks everybody for the response. The above info is correct. There was a delay in getting the new model name in the drop down list of RTO servers. Got out Twist on the date promised with full registration. This is an upgrade to our existing Nano CX which we have for the last 4 years. This is a welcome change and I see an amazing improvement quality of material, build, Interior NVH and obviously the drivability at low speeds. Will try and put out an initial review shortly.
svdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2014, 10:51   #144
Distinguished - BHPian
 
nkrishnap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,429
Thanked: 3,976 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano Twist XT : Driven

Received this email from Prerana Motors a while back on the Nano Twist. Saw the video too, its a demo of the nano maneuverability inside the showroom.

The youtube link
nkrishnap is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2014, 12:01   #145
Senior - BHPian
 
safari_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bengaluru / Bagdal
Posts: 1,053
Thanked: 365 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano Twist XT : Driven

That is an amazing initiative. Test drive inside the showroom! Very novel idea.
As someone in the video mentioned, he was drawn into the showroom since he saw the Nano being driven inside it! It will definitely add to that curiosity factor.
Kudos to Prerana Motors for coming up with this.

Last edited by safari_lover : 10th February 2014 at 12:03.
safari_lover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2014, 11:43   #146
Senior - BHPian
 
CARDEEP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NCR
Posts: 2,694
Thanked: 1,473 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano Twist XT : Driven

Link to review of the car by Autocar-UK:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/...t-drive-review

Excerpts:

Quote:
For now, the combination of this new power steering system and better interior – together with the improved ride, comfier seats, lighter clutch, better gearshifts and enhanced refinement that the car has inherited since launch – make the Tata Nano Twist finally feel like a complete city car.
CARDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2014, 14:49   #147
BHPian
 
guyfrmblr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 939
Thanked: 1,918 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano Twist XT : Driven

KHT Motors showcased a Nano Twist in our tech park today and had a TD car too. We decided to check the new PS. It was a breeze to drive it in our tech park which has some narrow lanes and tight corners at some places. We tried to park it in a tight spot and it was effortless. We tested it on a steep ramp with 4 people and AC. It pulled without complaining. I was very impressed with this engineering marvel. Respect!
guyfrmblr is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2014, 10:39   #148
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 18
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano Twist XT : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Concept 'Twist Active' unveiled - with openable hatch lid and AMT- revised bonnet, new rear bumper, new steering wheel. Specualted to be productionized in coming months!
Could you please let us know where you got this info from (that its going to be productionized in the coming months)? I've been waiting for an automatic Nano for ages
lordrayden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2014, 12:19   #149
Senior - BHPian
 
S_U_N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,778
Thanked: 375 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano Twist XT : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrayden View Post
Could you please let us know where you got this info from (that its going to be productionized in the coming months)? I've been waiting for an automatic Nano for ages
I don't think volkman10 said it is 'automatic', though personally I would be glad if I were wrong.
S_U_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2014, 15:17   #150
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 18
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano Twist XT : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I don't think volkman10 said it is 'automatic', though personally I would be glad if I were wrong.
volkman10 mentioned the AMT in his post, hence my query. Tata is going to brand this as F-Tronic like Maruti has called it the EZ-Drive. Yes, this wont use a traditional CVT or a torque converter, but it will be like any other automatic to drive.

I was thinking of booking the Celerio, but I feel this will be worth waiting for. BTW, I'm one of those people who thinks the Nano is just brilliant . Badly marketed, but brilliant.
lordrayden is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PICS: Tata begins testing Nano Twist Active AMT Aditya The Indian Car Scene 351 19th May 2015 12:59
Tata Nano Twist XE launched at Rs. 2.06 lakh Aditya The Indian Car Scene 14 12th February 2015 13:38
A Nano trip on a Nano budget...in a Tata Nano novice_alto Travelogues 11 28th September 2014 15:19


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:12.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks