Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2014, 21:06   #196
BHPian
 
turbodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Chinchwad-Pune
Posts: 90
Thanked: 91 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano Twist XT : Driven

One of our society members booked Tata Nano Twist a couple of months ago. After he got delivery, someone told him why didn't you wait for automatic transmission? Now he is cursing Tata Motors. Meanwhile I took a test drive of his nano and found it absolutely delightful. The power steering was much awaited. Now I am waiting for AMT so that I can sell off my WagonR.
turbodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2014, 15:55   #197
BHPian
 
mathew1105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 53
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano Twist XT : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayeshgnath View Post
But i noticed a strange thing once i got the car home. I was trying to set the time and i kept prodding on the 'Set' button in the instrument cluster. And Lo! The odometer, trip meter and AFE readings got reset. i repeat... the ODOMETER got reset!!!

It was earlier reflecting 110 and now it became 0!

Any NANO owners please comment if you have come across this peculiar function or 'defect' rather.
Hi Jayeshgnath, I took delivery of a nano twist about 10 days ago and have driven around 300kms. Yesterday, I was trying to set the clock functions, and I had to go back and forth between the set and the mode buttons one too many times, all of a sudden the odo reset itself to ZERO

I could not find much info on google other then there was a recall for faulty odometers for Nano sometime in 2012. Heres the link.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tata-...17684288316277

Planning to give a call to the service center tomorrow or may be take the car directly to have it checked. Do you have any update on your car, did the problem reoccur since the last time?.
mathew1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2014, 12:10   #198
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Kochi, India
Posts: 8
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Hi Mathew1105,

Thank you for sharing the link. Unfortunate that you also faced the odometer reset problem.

I have faced the problem only once at 110 km. I had reached out to the Sales person and also the Service person at RF Motors, Cochin, over phone, when i faced this problem. After much effort in trying to convince them that it was the ODOMETER and not the TRIP meter that got reset, I was asked to bring the vehicle to the Service center for them to 'inspect'.

The lukewarm response and my intuition as to how the Service center would probably try to 'fix' this, i decided not to risk taking the car to the service center. From past experience and from the wisdom gained from various threads in this awesome forum, believe that such issues need to be fixed only if it is really required. Believe there is a potential for new problems to be introduced in the car, while the car is at service center for fixing the odometer problem (broken dashboard clips/fittings, improper fit and finish, unwanted scratches). Love my car and i am too paranoid to give the Nano to the Service center other than for periodical maintenance

I consoled myself and hoped that the problem would not reoccur. Since the car will be under warranty for next 4 years, i could observe if the problem crops up again and then maybe take it to the service center for them to investigate and fix it.

I have tried my very best to recreate the problem by pressing the reset knobs quickly and in random sequences, but i have failed to replicate this bug . It is 3700 odd kms now and the problem has not surfaced again.

Hope this is a stray incident for your car and that it does not dampen your spirits for enjoying this awesome ride. Keep posting on how it went with the service center for your car.

I drive an i20 CRDi and a WagonR as well, but trust me, the Nano Twist is the favorite of them all. Nothing like 'Go-Karting' through the busy traffic and the joy in realizing that there are so many parking spaces available for the Nano .
jayeshgnath is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2014, 21:43   #199
BHPian
 
mathew1105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 53
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano Twist XT : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayeshgnath View Post
The lukewarm response and my intuition as to how the Service center would probably try to 'fix' this, i decided not to risk taking the car to the service center. From past experience and from the wisdom gained from various threads in this awesome forum, believe that such issues need to be fixed only if it is really required. Believe there is a potential for new problems to be introduced in the car, while the car is at service center for fixing the odometer problem (broken dashboard clips/fittings, improper fit and finish, unwanted scratches). Love my car and i am too paranoid to give the Nano to the Service center other than for periodical maintenance

I consoled myself and hoped that the problem would not reoccur. Since the car will be under warranty for next 4 years, i could observe if the problem crops up again and then maybe take it to the service center for them to investigate and fix it.

I have tried my very best to recreate the problem by pressing the reset knobs quickly and in random sequences, but i have failed to replicate this bug . It is 3700 odd kms now and the problem has not surfaced again.
Thank you jayeshgnath! I totally agree with you! Those were my thoughts too. And I too tried playing around with the knobs to replicate the issue, no success though I did speak to the service center in the afternoon, and they wanted me to bring the car tomorrow to look into the issue.

I still haven't made up my mind about visiting the service center though. The car's due for it's first service in another 15 days. I'm thinking of getting it checked then.

I'll post the updates.

Last edited by mathew1105 : 2nd June 2014 at 21:44.
mathew1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2014, 10:22   #200
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: India
Posts: 331
Thanked: 288 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano Twist XT : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodude View Post
One of our society members booked Tata Nano Twist a couple of months ago. After he got delivery, someone told him why didn't you wait for automatic transmission? Now he is cursing Tata Motors.
That sounds very strange. Isn't a car company supposed to ever improve or change it's offerings? Does he curse his cell phone manufacturer or his computer manufacturer for evolving constantly?

Anyway, nobody knows for sure when the AMT will be launched, it may be as late as Jan 2015. I hope that he is enjoying driving the super Twist as of now.
john doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2014, 17:50   #201
BHPian
 
kannan666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: KA-02
Posts: 925
Thanked: 55 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano Twist XT : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathew1105 View Post
Hi Jayeshgnath, I took delivery of a nano twist about 10 days ago and have driven around 300kms. Yesterday, I was trying to set the clock functions, and I had to go back and forth between the set and the mode buttons one too many times, all of a sudden the odo reset itself to ZERO

I could not find much info on google other then there was a recall for faulty odometers for Nano sometime in 2012. Heres the link.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tata-...17684288316277

Planning to give a call to the service center tomorrow or may be take the car directly to have it checked. Do you have any update on your car, did the problem reoccur since the last time?.
Have read on some other thread here that for some cars, this feature is enabled wherein the odo can be reset just once - guess it is for giving the car to the customer at zero instead of the usual few kilometres that it would have run from the yard to the showroom and to the registration authorities. So it may be just possible that this feature is available on the Nano Twist too.
kannan666 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2014, 20:42   #202
BHPian
 
mathew1105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 53
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano Twist XT : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
Have read on some other thread here that for some cars, this feature is enabled wherein the odo can be reset just once - guess it is for giving the car to the customer at zero instead of the usual few kilometres that it would have run from the yard to the showroom and to the registration authorities. So it may be just possible that this feature is available on the Nano Twist too.
Thank you Kannan! I'm not sure if it come with such a feature, because when I called the service center, the service guy did not have a clue as to what I was telling him, He wanted me to bring the car to have it checked. I still haven't taken it to the service though. I'm planning to, sometime tomorrow or Monday. Will update the thread once I get more info.

Thanks again!
mathew1105 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2014, 22:23   #203
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 347
Thanked: 115 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano Twist XT : Driven

Got my Tata Nano Twist electric blue delivered today. Opted for alloys, door visor. Got mats, half seat covers and pillows/neck pillows free as well as Rs 7000 discount. My wife is happy as this is going to be her car.
chennai-indian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2014, 10:57   #204
BHPian
 
kutoos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 107
Thanked: 84 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano Twist XT : Driven

Friends,

At the behest, thanks to Aditya for a well rounded nanonic review of the twist. The Nano has been on my radar since 2013, but the lack of Power Steering kept me procrastinating. Finally took the test drive last Saturday and I was surprised at the ease of drive offered by the new Twist as the city drive was a breeze.

The decision was made instantly and the booking formalities were completed after the test drive. Now I'm awaiting delivery (14th June).

Summarizing, the Twist is a well rounded car for city usage. It has all features (music system, blue tooth, USB, AUX) to make the city commute a pleasurable one. Now my task is to win over my better half, which i'm sure will happen once she gets to drive this and appreciate the benefits of a small car.

To all my friends, I'm not buying this for my wife but for myself. This will replace my i10, which will be handed over completely to my wife.

More later after i get my hands on the Nano. Till then take care & Happy motoring.

kutoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2014, 23:22   #205
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 83
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Nano Twist Vs Nalo LX Price Diff ~60K

I went to book a Tata Nano Twist for my wife today, but came back all more confused.

The price given to me is something like this

TATA NANO TWIST XT (Manufactured in 2014, may get stock from Jan-2014 onwards)

On Road Price + 278700
Minus Welcome Bonus -5000
Minus Corporate Discount - 4000
Minus some gold coin offer - 3000

TOTAL On Road Price - 266700
Plus Gold AMC - 3100
Plus Extra for 0 Dep insurance - 3000

TOTAL EFFECTIVE PRICE for me - 272800

Mud Flaps, mats, steering cover were offered free.

-------------------

TATA NANO LX (Manufactured in 2013, which month no clue ?)
On Road Price + 264400
Minus Discount - 30000
Minus Corporate Discount - 4000
Minus some gold coin offer - 3000

TOTAL On Road Price - 227400
Additional offer is free 3 years insurance ~ 22000 (Discount)
Plus Gold AMC - 3100
Plus Extra for 0 Dep insurance - 3000

TOTAL EFFECTIVE PRICE for me - 211500
Mud Flaps, mats, steering cover were offered free.

So it => Twist XT - LX = 272800 - 211500 = 61300

Difference between the 2 models.

1. Very obvious addition of Power Steering
2. Distance to Empty number shown on the instrument console.

3. Manufacturing Date 2013 Vs 2014.

61K for the above confused me a lot. I had gone to book Twist only and had not even given a thought to Lx, just before I was about too make the booking, casually I asked the guy about the price details and discounts on Lx and this came out. I had not even taken a test drive of Lx and it was late in the evening so I excused my self and told him that I need a days time to decide as I am confused. The Premium fo PS looks too hefty too me.

Any suggestions please....
mittal_v2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2014, 00:10   #206
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 347
Thanked: 115 Times
Default Re: Nano Twist Vs Nalo LX Price Diff ~60K

Quote:
Originally Posted by mittal_v2002 View Post
I went to book a Tata Nano Twist for my wife today, but came back all more confused.

<SNIP>

Any suggestions please....
The difference is because they are desperately trying to clear old stock. I went for Twist since I wanted power steering. If that is not a priority for you, and saving of 63,000 is something that you would like, go for LX.
chennai-indian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2014, 09:00   #207
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 83
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Nano Twist Vs Nalo LX Price Diff ~60K

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
The difference is because they are desperately trying to clear old stock. I went for Twist since I wanted power steering. If that is not a priority for you, and saving of 63,000 is something that you would like, go for LX.
I do need the PS, but the premium that I will have to pay for that is somehow not convincing enough. Will be going to the showroom to test drive Lx today just to make sure once more that PS is required.

other than, mats, mudflap and steering cover, what else can I haggle.
mittal_v2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2014, 13:54   #208
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 347
Thanked: 115 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano Twist XT : Driven

Suggest you haggle for seat cover and neck pillows too. I got them free.
chennai-indian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2014, 15:46   #209
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 83
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano Twist XT : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
Suggest you haggle for seat cover and neck pillows too. I got them free.
it seems concorde motors have inflated prices also and the corporate discount offered was also less as compared to Yash motors. Going to Pandit auto now, and most probably will be finalizing today...

Also need Alloys for the car. The one provided by Tata are 4B R12, also checked Plati alloys, these are 4.5 J R12.

Tata quoted 10K for a set of 4, Plati is 12.5K for a set. On 4B, the rear tyre seems to be flexed too much, i am inclined towards 4.5J from Plati.

BTW, what to do with the steel rims / Wheel covers ? I think dealers don't take these back.. any suggestion ?
mittal_v2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2014, 14:41   #210
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: India
Posts: 331
Thanked: 288 Times
Default Re: Nano Twist Vs Nalo LX Price Diff ~60K

Quote:
Originally Posted by mittal_v2002 View Post
I do need the PS, but the premium that I will have to pay for that is somehow not convincing enough. Will be going to the showroom to test drive Lx today just to make sure once more that PS is required.
The difference of Rs.61K seems too high to justify the Power steering. I would first ask you: How experienced a driver are you? DO you follow practices such as always moving slowly while turning the steering wheel?
Someone like me would not miss the PS at all, since I follow the above practice.

Every time some one buys a nano, they ask for all accessories except the one the Nano needs to most: A good set of Trumpet horns ( Skoda type) .

Ask for the fitment of these horns along with relay. Thus your warranty will also be intact.
john doe is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PICS: Tata begins testing Nano Twist Active AMT Aditya The Indian Car Scene 351 19th May 2015 12:59
Tata Nano Twist XE launched at Rs. 2.06 lakh Aditya The Indian Car Scene 14 12th February 2015 13:38
A Nano trip on a Nano budget...in a Tata Nano novice_alto Travelogues 11 28th September 2014 15:19


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:41.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks