Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 17th June 2014, 00:05   #211
BHPian

Default Re: Nano Twist Vs Nalo LX Price Diff ~60K

Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
The difference of Rs.61K seems too high to justify the Power steering. I would first ask you: How experienced a driver are you? DO you follow practices such as always moving slowly while turning the steering wheel?
Someone like me would not miss the PS at all, since I follow the above practice.

Every time some one buys a nano, they ask for all accessories except the one the Nano needs to most: A good set of Trumpet horns ( Skoda type) .

Ask for the fitment of these horns along with relay. Thus your warranty will also be intact.
The car is for my wife, who has zero experience in driving . Hence PS was required.

And yes, you are correct about the accessory list. The dealer was offering a long list of accessories on some so called discounted price, I only asked for mud flaps. I don't think anything else is required. Mats will be procurred from outside.

And Horn did seem too low. I asked him about that, and he told, I will have to get this fitted outside. This will be the day one upgrade, along with Plati/Neo Alloys.

BTW, made the booking today with Pandit Auto. Delivery expected in this week.
mittal_v2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2014, 08:33   #212
BHPian

Default Re: Tata Nano Twist XT : Driven

Any suggestions on the alloys for Nano ? it is difficult to find the size. Where can I shop for these in Pune ?
Old 17th June 2014, 11:01   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mittal_v2002 View Post
I went to book a Tata Nano Twist for my wife today, but came back all more confused.

Any suggestions please....
Why did you consider Nano twist in the first place? IMO, it was because you found its features worth the offering price. Lesser varients will always be available, but remember this is a feature that can't be upgraded later. You can't get PS added to the LX at a lesser price in future.

You are facing this dilemma because you have an option of getting a discounted car. But this is not an apples to apples comparison. Compare Lx and Twist of same month/year, and see whether you would still go for Lx. Since Twist is new, and has eaten up non PS sales, the Lx is gathering dust from last year. Next year, maybe this Twist version too will be available at similar gap from the rumored AT version.

I would suggest you to stick with your choice (if you have made it) and go for Twist. Else be prepared to complaints of wife every evening how your stinginess caused her sore wrists! Worst, she may even give up using the car, and you'd keep on wondering what you gained saving 60k and having the car sit idle.
ani_meher is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2014, 15:37   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post

I would suggest you to stick with your choice (if you have made it) and go for Twist. Else be prepared to complaints of wife every evening how your stinginess caused her sore wrists! Worst, she may even give up using the car, and you'd keep on wondering what you gained saving 60k and having the car sit idle.
Scary thought...

Booked Tata Nano Twist XT, Pearl White. Delivery due in 4-6 days.
Old 17th June 2014, 15:41   #215
Senior - BHPian

^^^Glad I could help Send one pedha for me when you have done the Puja of the new car.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2014, 16:09   #216
BHPian

Good decision.I would have done the same too.
Our is 2012 limited edition Nano.Power steering will definitely add value to the car and make your life easier.
Except for the low pickup and poor engine refinement,Nano is an excellent city car.Lot of positives going for it.With the new additions like Avg.fuel comsumption,DTE,etc the price is definitely justified.
We paid close to 2.4L for the limited edition car(top end).

But be ready for the questions from you dear and near ones like "why not an Alto?" or why not an used santro? or Nano is 1 lakh car why did you pay 2 plus lakhs,etc.
Congrats on your purchase.Happy motoring.
rock18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2014, 16:55   #217
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Nano Twist Vs Nalo LX Price Diff ~60K

[quote= Booked Tata Nano Twist XT, Pearl White. Delivery due in 4-6 days.[/QUOTE]

Congratulations. I've also taken delivery of a Pearl White Twisty from concorde last Saturday. Which dealer did you buy from and what discounts did you get?
kutoos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2014, 17:39   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
^^^Glad I could help Send one pedha for me when you have done the Puja of the new car.
Sure..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock18 View Post
Good decision.I would have done the same too.
Our is 2012 limited edition Nano.Power steering will definitely add value to the car and make your life easier.
Except for the low pickup and poor engine refinement,Nano is an excellent city car.Lot of positives going for it.With the new additions like Avg.fuel comsumption,DTE,etc the price is definitely justified.
We paid close to 2.4L for the limited edition car(top end).
Expectations from the little car are not very high, and so far the impressions from the test drives that I have taken, I am impressed. Howevr, would like to do something to the engine noise in the cabin. It was more pronounced when I was testing the rear seat comfort. May be an extra layer of insulation mat will help reduce the noise further.

The PS was super light. After test drive of Nano, my Elantra's steering was feeling as if it has no PS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock18 View Post
But be ready for the questions from you dear and near ones like "why not an Alto?" or why not an used santro? or Nano is 1 lakh car why did you pay 2 plus lakhs,etc.
Congrats on your purchase.Happy motoring.
Everyone thinks that Nano means 1 Lakh on road. ... I have paid 2.66L and will be adding Plati alloys and Michelin tyres, so that would be another 20K. May be seat covers and paint protection. So yes, getting ready for the "Alto le lete" faces...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutoos View Post
Congratulations. I've also taken delivery of a Pearl White Twisty from concorde last Saturday. Which dealer did you buy from and what discounts did you get?
I am taking it from Pandit Auto, Pimpri. I checked with Concord also. His price was 2K more and he was offering only 5K as Tata Employee discount, where as Pandit has given 10K. Total paid 2.66, including Gold AMC. I I have also opted for Zero Dep insurance, but the difference is yet to be paid. ~2.5K. have not opted for any accessories except mud flaps.
Old 18th June 2014, 20:31   #219
BHPian

Quote:
And Horn did seem too low. I asked him about that, and he told, I will have to get this fitted outside. This will be the day one upgrade, along with Plati/Neo Alloys.
Quote:
will be adding Plati alloys and Michelin tyres, so that would be another 20K. May be seat covers and paint protection. So yes, getting ready for the "Alto le lete" faces...
Don't risk fitting the horn set from any non-authorized service centre or you will be jeopardizing the most important part of your TATA : The 4 year warranty!

Either insist that they do it, or that they will certify the job as authorized when done outside. ( I have a great guy for this job at Nashik Phata)

What will be thesize of the new Michelins?
john doe is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2014, 23:57   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shramik View Post
I hear rumblings of the 3 cyincer version of the REVOTRON engine (which would make it a 900cc) with a turbo (I assume to make it BS 5 compliant) I also hear about this version with discs at front, the power steering is now a reality…..A 3 cylinder would obviously have far better NVH values, the turbo will make the nano a pocket rocket….Oh God, Answer Our Prayers…..!!
Your prayers seems to have been heard!!! Read these articles Article 1 by ACI, Article 2 by CarWale and Article 3 by another website!!!

Turbocharged Nano!

*FINGERS CROSSED*

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 19th June 2014 at 00:01.
GrammarNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2014, 00:27   #221
BHPian

As far as I know, the speeed limitation of 105 kmph in the NANO is due to the wheel / tyre size and the 3 bolts retaining the wheel in place.

Increasing the engine power alone will be unlikely. I am sure there will be other changes with the wheels too. Bigger wheels , therefore PS?
john doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2014, 18:44   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
Don't risk fitting the horn set from any non-authorized service centre or you will be jeopardizing the most important part of your TATA : The 4 year warranty!

Either insist that they do it, or that they will certify the job as authorized when done outside. ( I have a great guy for this job at Nashik Phata)

What will be thesize of the new Michelins?
Thanks for advice on the horn setup. I will try to get this does at TASS. However, could you give me the contact of the you mentioned above for such works. Any suggestions for the brand that I must or (must NOT) take. I don't need those skoda type horns, probably just a dual horn that does duty on a Bajaj Pulsar. I think I won't need a relay for that, but would rely on expert's advice.

I am planning to get 145/70R12 on front and 155/70R12 on rear. However, this will be tried at the tyre shop and if there are any issues, like rubbing etc, will keep the stock tyre.

Last edited by mittal_v2002 : 19th June 2014 at 18:48.
Old 19th June 2014, 18:53   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutoos View Post
I think I saw you guys there at the showroom. There was a white Nano parked in the delivery bay. I was there with my wife and 2 little daughters.

How is it doing so far. Any accessories that you got from concord ? or anything that you added after market. And where plz?

TIA.
Old 19th June 2014, 19:17   #224
BHPian

Smile Re: Nano Twist Vs Nalo LX Price Diff ~60K

Quote:
I think I saw you guys there at the showroom. There was a white Nano parked in the delivery bay. I was there with my wife and 2 little daughters.
TIA.
Probably!. The sad part is that I'm waiting on the RTO formalities to get over, and the Car is just parked at home. The sales exec has promised to resolve all this by tomorrow and keeping fingers crossed. Have you taken delivery of your vehicle?

I also suggest that you reset your ODO right at the dealership as later when you are doing the settings, you may accidentally reset the ODO as it was the case with me.

Quote:

How is it doing so far. Any accessories that you got from concord ? or anything that you added after market. And where plz?

TIA.
Concorde offered the standard deal (mud flaps + Steering Covers + Matting + Nano goodies for my daughters. Appreciate the gesture from concorde) I did not inquire about Filming from them as i had planned to do it at 3M, baner.
The quote I got from them was as follows

Front Wind shield CRE 70 : 7990. Another 15K if i use this film for the sides and back.

Regular RE70 Film (sides & back) : 5154
Paint Sealant: 2316
Anti Rust : 3022

The other issue I'm having is for the new twist seat covers are not available this part of the town, checked with Carax as well as one on Baner Road. Plan to take it to Poona Motors or Deccan to see if there are better options.

I'm not going for alloys.

If you have not done this and planning any of the above we can both gang up on the accessories and wrangle more discount?

Cheers & Happy driving.
kutoos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2014, 22:42   #225
BHPian

Quote:
could you give me the contact of the you mentioned above for such works.
I don't need those skoda type horns, probably just a dual horn that does duty on a Bajaj Pulsar. I think I won't need a relay for that, but would rely on expert's advice.

I am planning to get 145/70R12 on front and 155/70R12 on rear.
Driving from Pune to Pimpri just before Nashik Phata, start looking for a big Tyre showroom ( Mehta?), followed by a small Bullet bike garage, followed by a small tapri called Darvesh horn works, all on your left side.The owner is Mohammed and very good at his job. He also keeps good Hella horns for sale.

Use a relay , even if you want a smaller horn set. BTW, I have tried till date 3 different horns sets after the original toy horn. From the smallest Pulsar horns to the Megasonic Enfield horns to what I am using now, the Skoda type. I suggest the best horns for a car, especially a small car is the Skoda type. Not too loud and irritating, yet effective in this @#$%^*& Pune traffic

All brands are ok. I think you will find Minda trumpet / fanfare horns very reasonably priced.

I'll be surprised if the bigger tyres work out. Even my stock tyres scrape the wheel well when taking full turns on slopes, etc.

Last edited by john doe : 19th June 2014 at 22:47.
john doe is offline   Reply With Quote