Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2014, 15:20   #256
Senior - BHPian
 
dZired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 1,463
Thanked: 5,314 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano Twist XT : Driven

Got a chance to drive a friend's Twist yesterday. The one thing I noticed instantly is the ease with which you can drive this little car in and out of traffic. I am habitual of driving my DZire, and even though it is not a very large car, zipping it in traffic is something which feels a bit difficult. But this little Tata does it as if this is what it was made to do.
The power steering feels direct and points the car in the direction you want it to move. Suspension performs its job of absorbing the bumps in city speeds, cant comment about the car's highway manners as I drove it for a distance of 30 kms in city conditions only.
The front seat provides adequate side support but I would appreciate a bit more under thigh support.
Overall, this is one of the most VFM product available in the price bracket.
dZired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2014, 17:15   #257
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jam-luru
Posts: 250
Thanked: 53 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano Twist XT : Driven

Any speculation own when a Twist will be available with AMT version ?
LonelyPlanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2014, 17:29   #258
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 83
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano Twist XT : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutoos View Post

I'm more inclined to try and talk to the sofa refurbishing shops and see if i can get one custom made. Will update you if i find any good option.
hmmm.. while choosing the material, plz make sure this is heat resistant and does not get stuck to engine cover due to heating.
mittal_v2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2014, 10:03   #259
BHPian
 
shramik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 86
Thanked: 79 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano Twist XT : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by mittal_v2002 View Post
hmmm.. while choosing the material, plz make sure this is heat resistant and does not get stuck to engine cover due to heating.
I am a confirmed NANOPHILE, having owned 3 Nano's since its inception, & on my way to the 4th later this year (waiting for rumored new Turbo engine !)
At work, my company produces technical textiles. I have successfully experimented with a 4mm thick Nomex felt cut to to the profile of the engine cover tray, and attached to the underside (engine side) of the tray. This acts as a very good insulation against heat as well as against noise. Anyone wanting this may please call me at 9845013893.
shramik is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2014, 11:15   #260
BHPian
 
nijelj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore-Ktym
Posts: 344
Thanked: 290 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shramik View Post
attached to the underside (engine side) of the tray. This acts as a very good insulation against heat as well as against noise.
Addressing the elephant in the room,Is this material fire proof?
nijelj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2014, 15:06   #261
BHPian
 
shramik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 86
Thanked: 79 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano Twist XT : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
Addressing the elephant in the room,Is this material fire proof?
Du Pont's Nomex textile fibre is the material used in racing drivers' suits, as well as in fire resistant uniforms for people working in oil refineries…….
It is certainly flame retardant, but I would hesitate to call it "fire proof"….
shramik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2014, 20:48   #262
BHPian
 
GrammarNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 979
Thanked: 1,508 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano Twist XT : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutoos View Post
... I'm more inclined to try and talk to the sofa refurbishing shops and see if i can get one custom made. Will update you if i find any good option...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mittal_v2002 View Post
hmmm.. while choosing the material, plz make sure this is heat resistant and does not get stuck to engine cover due to heating.
Hey guys, I'm planning to try yoga mats. Any thoughts..?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shramik View Post
...At work, my company produces technical textiles. I have successfully experimented with a 4mm thick Nomex felt cut to to the profile of the engine cover tray, and attached to the underside (engine side) of the tray. This acts as a very good insulation against heat as well as against noise. Anyone wanting this may please call me at 9845013893.
Is that 'Nomex' material available locally...? Any pics?
Also, since you may know about materials - your thoughts on yoga mats
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2014, 09:30   #263
BHPian
 
shramik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 86
Thanked: 79 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano Twist XT : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Hey guys, I'm planning to try yoga mats. Any thoughts..?

Is that 'Nomex' material available locally...? Any pics?
Also, since you may know about materials - your thoughts on yoga mats
I would hesitate using "yoga mats" especially on the engine side……Too much heat can melt the mats depending on what materials they were made from.
shramik is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2014, 09:51   #264
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 83
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano Twist XT : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by shramik View Post
I am a confirmed NANOPHILE, having owned 3 Nano's since its inception, & on my way to the 4th later this year (waiting for rumored new Turbo engine !)
5 years and 3 upgrades,, what do you with your cars dude..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Hey guys, I'm planning to try yoga mats. Any thoughts..?

Is that 'Nomex' material available locally...? Any pics?
Also, since you may know about materials - your thoughts on yoga mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by shramik View Post
I would hesitate using "yoga mats" especially on the engine side……Too much heat can melt the mats depending on what materials they were made from.
I read on the same forum that someone has used Yoga mats for sound dampening. Can the person who is using that comment on the same.
mittal_v2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2014, 10:09   #265
BHPian
 
kutoos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 109
Thanked: 86 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano Twist XT : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by mittal_v2002 View Post
I read on the same forum that someone has used Yoga mats for sound dampening. Can the person who is using that comment on the same.
@mittal_v2002, are you sure that the DIY was for Nano. I vaguely remember the person using the yoga mat to deaden noise on the doors and boot . I'm unable to find that link however.

Cheers
kutoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2014, 17:44   #266
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 83
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano Twist XT : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutoos View Post
@mittal_v2002, are you sure that the DIY was for Nano. I vaguely remember the person using the yoga mat to deaden noise on the doors and boot . I'm unable to find that link however.

Cheers
Found it. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1886255 (Tata Nano)

Not in this thread, but some other. Sorry for confusion.
Look for point 5.

BTW, an observation today.

I refilled the tank today. It was showing 55KM as DTE (that implies around 2.5 ltr petrol?), The total petrol filled by the petrol pump guy was 13.30 (using auto cut-off).
is that possible ?

Last edited by mittal_v2002 : 7th July 2014 at 17:45.
mittal_v2002 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2014, 20:41   #267
BHPian
 
kutoos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 109
Thanked: 86 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano Twist XT : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by mittal_v2002 View Post
BTW, an observation today.

I refilled the tank today. It was showing 55KM as DTE (that implies around 2.5 ltr petrol?), The total petrol filled by the petrol pump guy was 13.30 (using auto cut-off).
is that possible ?
Yes it is possible, as the pipe can hold another liter of petrol. After taking delivery of the vehicle, i had it re-fueled and filled it to the brim to see how much it can hold. The DTE was reading about 45 kms, and i had pumped in 15.15 liters of petrol.

The dealer also confirmed that it may hold additional 2 liters due to the length of the pipe that feeds the fuel tank.

Cheers
kutoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2014, 13:31   #268
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Kochi, India
Posts: 8
Thanked: 7 Times
Unhappy Re: Tata Nano Twist XT : Driven

Hello all!

I own a Tata Nano Twist XT (5 months and 4700 kms old).

Facing a problem since last one month.

The engine fails to fire up in the first attempt, after it has been turned off. This is more prominent when it is stopped at traffic signals . Requires a second or sometimes a third attempt to fire the engine.

There is no problem with the engine cranking or with the battery. Have observed this weird condition only when the engine has warmed up (after running for about 10-15 kms).

Could this be a problem with any of the following?

1. Vapour lock?
2. Spark plugs?
3. Fuel pump ?
4. Bad fuel (i have changed fuel pumps but the problem persists; so i believe this reason can be ruled out?)

There is no CEL or any other malfunction lights in the dashboard.

Kind regards,
Jayesh
jayeshgnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2014, 08:23   #269
BHPian
 
Cuatro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 48
Thanked: 34 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano Twist XT : Driven

@jayeshgnath - I have been using the Nano for about 36000 kms(Jan 2011 Nano). I observed a couple of things around your questions:
1. It doesn't start quickly i.e between half a crank and a crank for about 2-3 seconds. It now takes atleast 3-6 seconds for it to start sometimes. I am unsure as to what causes this delay.
2. The pick up has gone down of-late. I remember my Nano to be really swift. It used to sprint like a Cheetah. One of my friends was really surprised by the pick of the Nano when he was following me in his Figo to my new home. he couldn't believe his eyes as he never thought Nano could be this fast in initial speeds.
I wonder if other Nano users feel the same about the pick up. In case not, I need to do something to my machine apart from the regular service.
Cuatro is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2014, 14:59   #270
kkg
BHPian
 
kkg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: India,New Delhi
Posts: 287
Thanked: 60 Times
Default Re: Tata Nano Twist XT : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatro View Post
@jayeshgnath -
1. It doesn't start quickly i.e between half a crank and a crank for about 2-3 seconds. It now takes atleast 3-6 seconds for it to start sometimes. I am unsure as to what causes this delay.
2. The pick up has gone down of-late. I remember my Nano to be really swift. It used to sprint like a Cheetah. One of my friends was really surprised by the pick of the Nano when he was following me in his Figo to my new home. he couldn't believe his eyes as he never thought Nano could be this fast in initial speeds.
I wonder if other Nano users feel the same about the pick up. In case not, I need to do something to my machine apart from the regular service.
I do have a Nano almost nearing 39000kms on the odo. The delay in starting could be because of the weak battery, changing it might solve the problem.

The loss of pickup could be due to the worn out clutch. I changed mine at around 33k and since then its been swift and soft.The clutch on Nanos are known to under perform some times as early as 10-12000 kms.
kkg is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PICS: Tata begins testing Nano Twist Active AMT Aditya The Indian Car Scene 351 19th May 2015 12:59
Tata Nano Twist XE launched at Rs. 2.06 lakh Aditya The Indian Car Scene 14 12th February 2015 13:38
A Nano trip on a Nano budget...in a Tata Nano novice_alto Travelogues 11 28th September 2014 15:19


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:25.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks