Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2014, 11:17   #376
BHPian

Re: Tata Nano Twist XT : Driven

Friends, Just wanted to check whether nano has automatic gear transmission? If not yet, do they have any plan? I'm planning to buy cost effective automatic transmission car.
Old 19th October 2014, 11:35   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSRK View Post
Friends, Just wanted to check whether nano has automatic gear transmission? If not yet, do they have any plan? I'm planning to buy cost effective automatic transmission car.
They're testing the AMT variant. I *guess* it may launch by early next year. It may also have a rear open-able hatch door.

GrammarNazi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 11:02   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipreji View Post
Hi all,

Did test drive of the Nano Twist XT for wife yesterday at Aadya Motors near the Hebbal flyover on the Ring Road, in Bangalore (had never driven a Nano before). Booked the car right away. Details are as follows:

Ex-showroom price: 2,45,058
Insurance: 8789
Road Tax: 35,362
Handling charges: 3200
AMC: 3500

Discount: 45000
Corporate Discount: 2000

We may also go for a Racing kit as accessory (Decals, body skirting, alloy wheels, cushion pillow, neck rest, rear spoiler), at a discounted price of Rs. 27,000 (compared to Rs. 31,680). Planning to fix Door Visors as well.

The customer representative (Ms. Sevendhi) was friendly and she told me that in September she sold 12 Nanos (11 XTs and one CX). In October she expects to sell more Nanos.

Now waiting for the delivery, which may take two weeks or so.

Reji
Don't go for the racing kit even at 27K. As I had booked last month, and taking the delivery tomorrow, of that kit alloy wheels will cost 10.5K and after that all others are not as expensive. For example, the body skirting is useful, the decals (depending on the personal likes) may be or may not be liked, while I found the dealer rear spoiler at KHT motors to be ugly. Even otherwise, the sum of the spare parts won't add to 27K. The door visor on ebay vary from 1000-1300.
PNTLovesNano is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2014, 22:34   #379
BHPian

Don't go for the racing kit even at 27K. As I had booked last month, and taking the delivery tomorrow, of that kit alloy wheels will cost 10.5K and after that all others are not as expensive. For example, the body skirting is useful, the decals (depending on the personal likes) may be or may not be liked, while I found the dealer rear spoiler at KHT motors to be ugly. Even otherwise, the sum of the spare parts won't add to 27K. The door visor on ebay vary from 1000-1300.[/quote]

Hello PNT,

Many Thanks for the info. Hope you got your Nano delivered today. Enjoy!

Regarding the racing kit, the individual prices quoted to me were, Decals-3000, body skirting-10500, alloy wheels-11100, cushion pillow-590, neck rest-490 and spoiler-6000. Actually today I decided that alloy wheels and neck rest are sufficient from this list. Art leather Seat covers (3000) and steering cover (500) may be added separately. btw today Aadya Motors offered me an additional Rs.2000/- discount without asking (they raised the corporate discount from 2000 to 4000).

My wife got chided by her colleagues (they are all engineers) for booking a Nano. They all have the same question - "why not buy an Alto then"
Old 22nd October 2014, 11:50   #380
BHPian

Quote:
My wife got chided by her colleagues (they are all engineers) for booking a Nano. They all have the same question - "why not buy an Alto then"
I assume she replied with " Will you pay the extra 1 lac?"?
nijelj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 12:44   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
Agreed , the argument put forward by her colleagues.
But personally ( i have owned an Alto for 3 years), i found the NANO to be more fun and easier to drive.
madhu33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 14:44   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
Agreed , the argument put forward by her colleagues.
But personally ( i have owned an Alto for 3 years), i found the NANO to be more fun and easier to drive.
Exactly what a few of my friends feel. They own an Alto but they feel Nano is a better buy for the space and in-city ease. Waiting for the AMT to launch. Was thinking if swapping my car for the AMT made sense. Lets see!
Old 22nd October 2014, 14:52   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Hello PNT,

Many Thanks for the info. Hope you got your Nano delivered today. Enjoy!
Yes, got the car home delivered yesterday at 12:30pm and it was a huge surprise for my parents. A small thing about getting the registration. Under the current running series at the RTO, you can fix the last two digits for a small sum of 4K. In my case, that series was "73" for the first two digits which is the year of my parents marriage and I opted the last two digits for "83" by paying 4K which was my wifes' year of birth and I managed to kill two birds with one small pebble

Quote:
Regarding the racing kit, the individual prices quoted to me were, Decals-3000, body skirting-10500, alloy wheels-11100, cushion pillow-590, neck rest-490 and spoiler-6000. Actually today I decided that alloy wheels and neck rest are sufficient from this list. Art leather Seat covers (3000) and steering cover (500) may be added separately. btw today Aadya Motors offered me an additional Rs.2000/- discount without asking (they raised the corporate discount from 2000 to 4000).
Is the alloy wheel price for 5 wheels or 4 wheels? I paid 10.5 for set of 4. If you get 5, I am happy for you, else you can save 600. The steering cover costed me only 300. So save on them.
Quote:
My daily drive is Alto, and I am very happy to have got Nano for my wife. I can reckon that it helps to stand out in the crowd with a Nano than an Alto
Old 22nd October 2014, 15:44   #384
BHPian

Hi Nijelj,

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
Not exactly..she gave them a lecture on the features available on Nano Twist, which was news to most of them However there are no converts yet..
Old 22nd October 2014, 16:25   #385
BHPian

Hi PNT,

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNTLovesNano View Post
Yes, got the car home delivered yesterday at 12:30pm and it was a huge surprise for my parents. A small thing about getting the registration. Under the current running series at the RTO, you can fix the last two digits for a small sum of 4K. In my case, that series was "73" for the first two digits which is the year of my parents marriage and I opted the last two digits for "83" by paying 4K which was my wifes' year of birth and I managed to kill two birds with one small pebble

Is the alloy wheel price for 5 wheels or 4 wheels? I paid 10.5 for set of 4. If you get 5, I am happy for you, else you can save 600. The steering cover costed me only 300. So save on them.

My daily drive is Alto, and I am very happy to have got Nano for my wife. I can reckon that it helps to stand out in the crowd with a Nano than an Alto
Congrats on your Nano! I'm sure the car brings extra joy to the family in this Diwali time.

Thanks for the info on registration number choice, might become useful for me too

I guess the alloy wheel price is for 4 wheels (hadn't even thought about 5 wheels!). Will verify at the dealership. Looks like accessories are a little pricier at Aadya, but will try to get them at the same price you got. Did you have to bargain these prices with KHT motors?

My wife tried to convince her colleagues that the Nano Twist is a VFM proposition but they are still doubtful..
Old 22nd October 2014, 20:39   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Hi PNT,

Congrats on your Nano! I'm sure the car brings extra joy to the family in this Diwali time.

Thanks for the info on registration number choice, might become useful for me too

I guess the alloy wheel price is for 4 wheels (hadn't even thought about 5 wheels!). Will verify at the dealership. Looks like accessories are a little pricier at Aadya, but will try to get them at the same price you got. Did you have to bargain these prices with KHT motors?

My wife tried to convince her colleagues that the Nano Twist is a VFM proposition but they are still doubtful..
I got it from Prerana Motors. Actually, I have taken the small car too under Company-lease-car scheme of 3 years which means that the car effectively costs me just Rs.2.35 lakhs which is a further steal for me. I see only two drawbacks with Nano - (i) no option of disk brakes in the front, and (ii) 50-50 rear split which would be very useful go access the boot space. In fact, if at a latter stage these extra fittings are provided by Tata, I will take it up with closed eyes. I will soon start an initial ownership thread of Nano and a long-term ownership review of Alto.

Compared with Maruti 800 (AC) brought in the family 9 years ago at the same price, Nano has these extra benefits: power windows, remote-less keys, music system, 4 years engine warranty, and most importantly power-steering.
Old 22nd October 2014, 21:44   #387
BHPian

Quote:
They have a point, Alto is the proven one and being in the market for a decade. Durability is very high and unquestionable. Nano is new kid in the block. Only time will tell.
Old 22nd October 2014, 23:08   #388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
Exactly what a few of my friends feel. They own an Alto but they feel Nano is a better buy for the space and in-city ease. Waiting for the AMT to launch. Was thinking if swapping my car for the AMT made sense. Lets see!
Every Nano owner that i spoke with, expressed the exact same sentiment, "waiting for the AMT model to replace the current one". Looks like there will be huge demand once this comes out. Hopefully this will happen before Alto AMT become available.
Old 23rd October 2014, 11:10   #389
BHPian

Quote:

Anybody who has 2 6-footers in the family and want to sit back-2-back in an Alto can tell why Nano is way better. I don't think lot of people understand the concept of leg room and sitting comfortably for about 1-1.5 hrs in Bangalore traffic without getting cramps in your leg.
Old 23rd October 2014, 16:11   #390
BHPian

My eyes also were expectantly set on the much awaited AMT, but unfortunately we cannot run our present Matiz beyond end of November without getting FC from RTO, which would have been an expensive affair (considering that the car needs repainting). That's why we went ahead and booked the Twist.

I have a question though. If another Nano variant comes with AMT and boot door next year, won't it eat into the sales of Indica somewhat (despite Nano's inadequate boot space and engine power)?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks