Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2014, 21:53   #16
BHPian
 
Philistine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mumbai, India
Posts: 38
Thanked: 5 Times
Default re: A dream come true! My BMW 320d Sportline -Now Sold

Great Review there! Loved the pics of the beamer - both the front profile and the side profile. Haven't had the pleasure of checking this car in person though maybe next time around. Happy driving!
Philistine is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2014, 22:36   #17
BHPian
 
yogeshnagpal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 190
Thanked: 78 Times
Default re: A dream come true! My BMW 320d Sportline -Now Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Thanks, Asit for the kind words!
F10 is indeed the best looking beemer in my opinion as well.
Congrats on the acquisition Sumeet. Just love the colour on the car, and the interiors are fantastic.

I like the older 5 series too, E60. The wing style tail lamp is unique, and is something that makes the car stand out. Also, the 530i in the E60 had unique alloy wheels (5 spoke I guess), which looked too good on that car.

Last edited by yogeshnagpal : 26th March 2014 at 22:43.
yogeshnagpal is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2014, 23:34   #18
Distinguished - BHPian
 
karan561's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,751
Thanked: 9,182 Times
Default re: A dream come true! My BMW 320d Sportline -Now Sold

Congratulations Skyliner & welcome to the F30 family

Black New 3'ers have been a rare breed, honestly haven't spotted much till now so that makes your car very unique indeed & looks a great blend of being classy & sporty

Enjoy !
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2014, 00:44   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
Chethan B G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,419
Thanked: 693 Times
Thumbs up re: A dream come true! My BMW 320d Sportline -Now Sold

Congratulations Skyliner: on acquiring the ultimate driving machine!

Wish you many happy years of ownership. Drive safe and please keep updating.
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2014, 09:16   #20
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 297
Thanked: 229 Times
Default re: A dream come true! My BMW 320d Sportline -Now Sold

Excellent Review!

Nice narration and awesome pictures. With every review of the F30 i get more and more tempted to just go for this car by emptying my coffers without a care for the future (luckily or unluckily there are people around me who manage to rein me in)

The interiors look much better on the Sportsline variant with the black seats and red stitching

Wish you many safe and happy miles with this beauty. Hopefully someday i shall join the club!
miharbe is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2014, 09:38   #21
BHPian
 
adi_petrolhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 888
Thanked: 1,003 Times
Default re: A dream come true! My BMW 320d Sportline -Now Sold

Hi Skyliner,
The iDrive supports bluetooth streaming I am pretty sure. The knob next to the "LIM" button on the steering is perhaps to adjust the speed once the cruise control is set methinks. Or is there another stalk on the steering wheel for Cruise Control? Either way, the on board manual in the iDrive system will tell you just about anything you need to know about the car. P.S. I am mega jealous! Congrats on the ride and keep rolling. Cheers! Oh one last thing. You need to share the prices, ex-showroom deal, insurance, RTO, BSI, accessories if any, etc.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2014, 09:46   #22
Team-BHP Support
 
moralfibre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MH-12
Posts: 6,622
Thanked: 6,144 Times
Default re: A dream come true! My BMW 320d Sportline -Now Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Come November, and I was all ready to buy car of my dreams. But this time I wanted to check the used cars as well. Went to BMW premium selection and saw three cars. Two 320d and one 330i all E90s. I liked the 330i very much. The SE offered 27L + 1.4 for two years warranty. My counter offer was 23 + 1.4 = 24.4. He plainly refused. Then I told him that the car was in fact invoiced for 28L two years ago and he wants me to pay 27L for it?! To which he rudely said we will not sell it below 25L without warranty. I said okay, good luck with that.
I'm glad that you walked away from the deal. E90s are not so easy for occupants other than the driver. Over a long distance drive you'd have a broken back and a thousand curses from passengers. But, if you want a car glued to the road, the E90 is right up there on the top. The F30 is balanced and offers a much superior ride to its predecessor.

I presume you dealt with the used car division at Bavaria motors. Most of their used car inventory is advertised online and the prices seem unrealistic. Someone ought to let them know what depreciation means and how it applies to the premium car segment. Same is the case with another premium car dealer called Deccan Wheels.

My elder brother bought a 10,000 km run E90 about 2 years ago from Team-bhp classifieds for about 17-18L. Not sure of the exact pricing but he got a killer deal on it in my opinion despite it being the corporate edition.

Quote:
No matter how many times I ask myself about which one looks better, E90 or F30, I just can't come to a conclusion!
Initially, as like many others on the forum, I did not like the F30 styling with grills merging in to the headlamps for the first time. But believe me F30's looks grows on you. I fall in love every morning when I look at it. Black and sporty looks go great together.
Let me fix that for confusion for you. Both look so-so compared to the E46. I second your opinion on the headlamp extension for the grill. It looks unlike how a BMW should.

Quote:
2. Lack of spare wheel (this is the common one): BMW thinks it's no problem to change tires after a puncture. Either they want to make business out of it or they are too stubborn to accept their mistake of not providing one. RFT is fine but no spare is unacceptable.
I hope you upgrade to a non-RFT setup especially if you plan to venture out on unfamiliar highways. Regular Bombay-Pune runs are fine. Please do buy a compressor that runs of the 12V socket for emergency situations.

That said, I am a big fan of Black interiors over Beige. They are easier to maintain and look more premium.

Do subscribe to the service packages. I know many who swear by it. Wish you many more miles of trouble free motoring.
moralfibre is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2014, 09:52   #23
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 16
Thanked: 14 Times
Default re: A dream come true! My BMW 320d Sportline -Now Sold

Hey the_skyliner,

Good review. Congratulations for you and your Ultimate Dream Machine.

We are also in the same boat to choose X1 or the 320d. Practically X1 wins in all situations, since its going to be my primary vehicle. However mind says 320d. Let me update you once I got the Real UDM or a Wolf in sheep's clothing(X1). Between what is the final deal with BMW? (Price offer)
Raja_babu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2014, 09:58   #24
BHPian
 
the_skyliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 459
Thanked: 611 Times
Default re: A dream come true! My BMW 320d Sportline -Now Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Finally the review is up. I am still undecided on the 3M films. Saw a couple of cars and the edges start showing in a few weeks with dust accumulating there.

Every review just teaches you something extra. I didn't know there was a boot release lever on the right side. I was till now just unlocking the whole car and thereby unlocking the boot too. Also I didn't know that there was a sports + mode ( although it would be fun only on curves I guess).

Man I miss those sports seats.

Many many congratulations on the car!
Thanks, doc! And also thanks for helping me out during the car selection process.

I would recommend to get the PPF done on at least the bumpers as dark colored car will definitely get beating from small flying stones.

Well, probably I too haven't explored all the features yet. Like just couple of days ago I came to know that there is a warning for low water level for washer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuBooMan View Post
Congratulations the_skyliner! She is indeed a beauty. Your pre booking thoughts echoed mine. I was facing the same dilemma last year. But the attitude of Bavaria put me off and I went with the C250. Also the 320 scraped its belly on my parking ramp while the Merc did not. Silly criterion I know.

I am happy to see that you are investing in paint protection. Please PM me the cost breakup of the car and the PPF. For academic reasons only.

Thanks! And congratulations once more. Wish you many happy miles in the 320d.

Oh and do get BSI. These things will make your eyes water with their service bills. And the ASC guys think most owners of German cars are frivolous with their money.
Thanks, BuBooMan! And also congratulations on C250, it is one fine car.

Will PM you the PPF details today.

Extended warranty is what making me go for BSI but will do so just before the first servicing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Nice review. Loved the color of the car. BMW is my favorite brand among the Germans.

Am very interested in knowing what was the final deal you got. If not comfortable sharing here do PM me the same.

Glad to see heart ruling the mind in your decision. No point in earning money when we can't get what the heart wants.
Enjoy your ride!
Thanks, harry10!
Will PM you the details today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i<3turbo View Post
Amazing review! I recommend going through the break in period and then getting the diesel tronic tuning box. Best 20k I have ever spent! Congrats and great pics as well. If you have any ownership questions please don't hesitate to pm me.
Thanks, 1<3turbo! Diesel tronic from BMW? I am definitely going to back to you one that one. Probably after a year or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Congrats on the car. Great choice man. It really is a fun car. And those are some great pics.

The button next to Lim, adjusts the limiter speed, you will see the little green dot move higher and lower when you use those buttons.

Also if I may suggest, change the number plates to IND or the Euro style plates.
Thanks, akshay1234! Somehow I knew that answer for my question is going to come from you.

Also, thanks a lot for answering my questions during car selection process, it really helped a lot.

Where can I get the IND number plates?

Photography credit goes to sukiwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Congratz a dream car for many of us and you already own one The small movement after park brake engaging is normal and associated with all around disc brake set up.

Service pack is a must have if you plan to keep it for long period, you can take it at later stage before you run out of default cover, but dont even think twice on this!
Thanks for your compliments and also clarifying parking brake issue.

I would be going for BSI just before the first servicing mainly to get the extended warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
Great Review there! Loved the pics of the beamer - both the front profile and the side profile. Haven't had the pleasure of checking this car in person though maybe next time around. Happy driving!
Thanks, Philistine! Let's catch up when I am in Thane next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnagpal View Post
Congrats on the acquisition Sumeet. Just love the colour on the car, and the interiors are fantastic.

I like the older 5 series too, E60. The wing style tail lamp is unique, and is something that makes the car stand out. Also, the 530i in the E60 had unique alloy wheels (5 spoke I guess), which looked too good on that car.
Thanks, Yogesh! Completely agree with you about E60's looks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Congratulations Skyliner: on acquiring the ultimate driving machine!

Wish you many happy years of ownership. Drive safe and please keep updating.
Thanks, Chethan B G! Sure, will update this thread regularly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Congratulations Skyliner & welcome to the F30 family

Black New 3'ers have been a rare breed, honestly haven't spotted much till now so that makes your car very unique indeed & looks a great blend of being classy & sporty

Enjoy !
Thanks, karan561. Coincidentally today only I spotted a black F30 luxury line in my gym parking while I was reading your post.

But yes black F30 is quite rare and rightly so due to high maintenance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
Excellent Review!

Nice narration and awesome pictures. With every review of the F30 i get more and more tempted to just go for this car by emptying my coffers without a care for the future (luckily or unluckily there are people around me who manage to rein me in)

The interiors look much better on the Sportsline variant with the black seats and red stitching

Wish you many safe and happy miles with this beauty. Hopefully someday i shall join the club!
Thanks, miharbe! One thing I can say is it is totally worth to go bankrupt for this car. Just go for it.

But ensure you buy Sportline beacuse BMW in luxury trim is really not VFM product. For luxury one should look at A4 or C250.
the_skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2014, 10:10   #25
BHPian
 
i<3turbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mumbai/Philadel
Posts: 406
Thanked: 228 Times
Default re: A dream come true! My BMW 320d Sportline -Now Sold

Dieseltronic from race dynamic. It is not from bmw, it's a aftermarket product. Skyliner are you disappointed the car has no cruise control? Fun fact. If you press and hold the unlock button all the windows go down and if you press and hold lock it all the windows will go back up. This also includes the sunroof.
i<3turbo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2014, 11:26   #26
BHPian
 
the_skyliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 459
Thanked: 611 Times
Default re: A dream come true! My BMW 320d Sportline -Now Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Hi Skyliner,
The iDrive supports bluetooth streaming I am pretty sure. The knob next to the "LIM" button on the steering is perhaps to adjust the speed once the cruise control is set methinks. Or is there another stalk on the steering wheel for Cruise Control? Either way, the on board manual in the iDrive system will tell you just about anything you need to know about the car. P.S. I am mega jealous! Congrats on the ride and keep rolling. Cheers! Oh one last thing. You need to share the prices, ex-showroom deal, insurance, RTO, BSI, accessories if any, etc.
Thanks, adi_petrolhead!
Bluetooth streaming is there in other cars on forum but not in mine. Shall get it checked soon.

There is no cruise control only speed limiter and as per akshay1234 the knob is to change the speed limit. Shall check it today.

Will PM you the deal details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I'm glad that you walked away from the deal. E90s are not so easy for occupants other than the driver. Over a long distance drive you'd have a broken back and a thousand curses from passengers. But, if you want a car glued to the road, the E90 is right up there on the top. The F30 is balanced and offers a much superior ride to its predecessor.


I presume you dealt with the used car division at Bavaria motors. Most of their used car inventory is advertised online and the prices seem unrealistic. Someone ought to let them know what depreciation means and how it applies to the premium car segment. Same is the case with another premium car dealer called Deccan Wheels.

My elder brother bought a 10,000 km run E90 about 2 years ago from Team-bhp classifieds for about 17-18L. Not sure of the exact pricing but he got a killer deal on it in my opinion despite it being the corporate edition.

The main reason to walk away from the deal was the insane pricing. Also, F30's interiors are much more fresh and comfortable than E90. For example the armrest and gear knob position in F30 is impeccable while in E90 the knob is kind of far away and also positioned little lower. Honestly, ride comfort was not a big factor but surely I would have heard a lot more complaints from the rear passengers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Let me fix that for confusion for you. Both look so-so compared to the E46. I second your opinion on the headlamp extension for the grill. It looks unlike how a BMW should.
That's a big compliment for F30! E46 is the best looking beemer ever produced, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I hope you upgrade to a non-RFT setup especially if you plan to venture out on unfamiliar highways. Regular Bombay-Pune runs are fine. Please do buy a compressor that runs of the 12V socket for emergency situations.

That said, I am a big fan of Black interiors over Beige. They are easier to maintain and look more premium.

Do subscribe to the service packages. I know many who swear by it. Wish you many more miles of trouble free motoring.
Thanks a ton for the tips. Will surely do that as a long trip coming up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja_babu View Post
Hey the_skyliner,

Good review. Congratulations for you and your Ultimate Dream Machine.

We are also in the same boat to choose X1 or the 320d. Practically X1 wins in all situations, since its going to be my primary vehicle. However mind says 320d. Let me update you once I got the Real UDM or a Wolf in sheep's clothing(X1). Between what is the final deal with BMW? (Price offer)
Thanks, Raja_babu. X1 is also a great car IMO but then it has to be an informed decision because it can not match 320d in driving pleasure even if the engine is same. What I miss in 320d is the panoramic sunroof for my kid and navigation. If those are important for you then go for X1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i<3turbo View Post
Dieseltronic from race dynamic. It is not from bmw, it's a aftermarket product. Skyliner are you disappointed the car has no cruise control? Fun fact. If you press and hold the unlock button all the windows go down and if you press and hold lock it all the windows will go back up. This also includes the sunroof.
No aftermarket thing for me sir. Can't afford to fool around with warranty. Don't have enough moolah to recover in case something goes wrong.

Cruise control I really don't need. I mean even on highways it is not much of a use and why to buy a 320d if one wants to use cruise control?

Thanks for the tips!
the_skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2014, 11:44   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
el lobo 6061's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 1,497
Thanked: 978 Times
Default re: A dream come true! My BMW 320d Sportline -Now Sold

Congrats the_skyliner on owning the ULTIMAT3 driving machine. The best 320d by far is only Sportsline version, rest all do not even come close. Those sports seats, all black interior & red stitching are worth every penny and makes you spend more time with it.

Keep that Black Sapphire shinning and you would have more onlookers, as I too own a Pearl Black Vento TDi. You could spend sometime on following thread which would help you keep your 320d in best of condition. Small advice do not wash it everyday.

Link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Diesel tronic from BMW? I am definitely going to back to you one that one. Probably after a year or so.
320d is quite powerful enough. If any day you decide the need for more power, BMW also provide BMW Performance Power Kit and Exhaust for the 320d. Not sure if its available for F30.

Do not go in for those piggy boxes. Not worth it.

Link. (BMW Performance Power Kit and Exhaust for the 320D)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Where can I get the IND number plates?
Those fake IND plates have been declared illegal, at least in Mumbai. I would suggest you to stay away from those fake gimmicks.

News Link.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2014, 12:17   #28
BHPian
 
the_skyliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 459
Thanked: 611 Times
Default re: A dream come true! My BMW 320d Sportline -Now Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Congrats the_skyliner on owning the ULTIMAT3 driving machine. The best 320d by far is only Sportsline version, rest all do not even come close. Those sports seats, all black interior & red stitching are worth every penny and makes you spend more time with it.
Thanks, el lobo 6061! Exactly my opinion about the Sportline. I mean I see no point in paying over and above the baseline for a luxury line without sports seats knowing that it costs exactly the same as Sportline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Keep that Black Sapphire shinning and you would have more onlookers, as I too own a Pearl Black Vento TDi. You could spend sometime on following thread which would help you keep your 320d in best of condition. Small advice do not wash it everyday.

Link.
Thanks for the pointers! Shall read and follow it. Buying a black car was an informed decision knowing I have to spend on maintenance.
Have bought jopasu dusters and yes I don't wash it daily. Once in two weeks or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
320d is quite powerful enough. If any day you decide the need for more power, BMW also provide BMW Performance Power Kit and Exhaust for the 320d. Not sure if its available for F30.

Do not go in for those piggy boxes. Not worth it.

Link. (BMW Performance Power Kit and Exhaust for the 320D)


Those fake IND plates have been declared illegal, at least in Mumbai. I would suggest you to stay away from those fake gimmicks.

News Link.
Thanks for the tips! I too am not going to take risks with this car simply because I can't afford it.
the_skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2014, 13:59   #29
BHPian
 
Baddychat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Noida
Posts: 306
Thanked: 128 Times
Default re: A dream come true! My BMW 320d Sportline -Now Sold

Congratulations on the car. Fantastic color!
Wishing you thousands of happy and safe miles. The pictures are great and thanks for sharing the driver seat photo. I had no idea that extra thigh support would come in this form.
Enjoy your drive !
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2014, 14:12   #30
BHPian
 
the_skyliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 459
Thanked: 611 Times
Default re: A dream come true! My BMW 320d Sportline -Now Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
Congratulations on the car. Fantastic color!
Wishing you thousands of happy and safe miles. The pictures are great and thanks for sharing the driver seat photo. I had no idea that extra thigh support would come in this form.
Enjoy your drive !
Thanks, Baddychat!

Even more than the extra thigh support, the side boosters make the seats a great place to be in. They hold you perfectly in place while cornering.

For pictures credit goes to @sukiwa.
the_skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dream Come True. The Skoda Octavia vRS!! Update: 59,712 kms HAFI Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 76 13th September 2014 23:07
Dream Come True - Our Dream Machine Diesel 2.2 VTT @ 35,000kms kdeepakk Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 58 24th July 2010 14:39
NVIDIA Ion platform - the car PC dream come true randomgyan In-Car Entertainment 35 17th September 2009 18:44


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:08.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks