Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 4th April 2014, 16:25   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Candy white 2014 Skoda Rapid Elegance comes home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Now there's a captivating deal on Nexus 7 and I am considering to buy another one.
Can you please share the deal, as I too am interested in buying one.
Though I think it will be cheaper if I could get it from US.
ank.nsit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2014, 18:52   #47
BHPian

Candy white 2014 Skoda Rapid Elegance comes home-image.jpg

Got my beauty back just now. Replacement has been done with an OEM quarter glass and I must appreciate their top-notch work and timely delivery. Irony is that the glass itself costed ₹886, whereas the sealant kit costed me ₹1965.

New quarter glass
Candy white 2014 Skoda Rapid Elegance comes home-image-1.jpg

Bill
Candy white 2014 Skoda Rapid Elegance comes home-imgpage001.jpg

FE Update: I guess I have clocked enough KMS on the odo for judging FE. In the city with heavy bumper to bumper traffic and 100%AC the MID shows 17-18 KMPL which is a decent figure if you ask me.

MID showing FE
Candy white 2014 Skoda Rapid Elegance comes home-img_20140404_180132.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Can you please share the deal, as I too am interested in buying one.
Though I think it will be cheaper if I could get it from US.
The deal is 32GB WiFi only model Nexus 7 for ₹21999 and you will get JBL J03B Tempo Headphones as a freebie with that. Here's the link. Check this too.

Disclaimer: I am in no way related to the afore mentioned online-retailers and neither am I trying to promote on behalf of them.

Last edited by Pferdestarke : 4th April 2014 at 19:07. Reason: Added link.
Pferdestarke is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2014, 19:08   #48
BHPian

Quote:
The deal is 32GB WiFi only model Nexus 7 for ₹21999 and you will get JBL J03B Tempo Headphones as a freebie with that. Here's the link.
Good deal for India..
From US, you can get it for $250 (~Rs. 15000) without the freebie here.
ank.nsit is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2014, 17:08   #49
BHPian

Quote:
FE Update: I guess I have clocked enough KMS on the odo for judging FE. In the city with heavy bumper to bumper traffic and 100%AC the MID shows 17-18 KMPL which is a decent figure if you ask me.

MID showing FE
Attachment 1226731
I guess you are looking at trip 1 which resets after a 2 hour break. Check the FE for trip 2 which does not reset until 9999kms or you reset it manually. That should give a more accurate figure. This FE is for the drive you just completed. At first even I was thinking this is the more accurate one. But after reading through the owners manual I corrected myself. The overall FE for me for 700 kms is hovering around 14.1-14.5 kmpl. It did cross 15.2 once.

Candy white 2014 Skoda Rapid Elegance comes home-img_20140404_180132.jpg

Last edited by narsi_6989 : 11th April 2014 at 17:23.
narsi_6989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2014, 00:33   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
I guess you are looking at trip 1 which resets after a 2 hour break. Check the FE for trip 2 which does not reset until 9999kms or you reset it manually. That should give a more accurate figure. This FE is for the drive you just completed. At first even I was thinking this is the more accurate one. But after reading through the owners manual I corrected myself. The overall FE for me for 700 kms is hovering around 14.1-14.5 kmpl. It did cross 15.2 once.
How to see the fuel efficiency for trip 2 in the MID? I think it only shows for trip 1 and trip 2 has to be calculated manually.

Secondly trip 2 gets reset at 1999 kms in my car and not at 9999 kms. Please confirm if it has changed in the newer models.

Regards
torque18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2014, 13:02   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
How to see the fuel efficiency for trip 2 in the MID? I think it only shows for trip 1 and trip 2 has to be calculated manually.
Here you go. We can switch between Trip 1 and Trip 2 using a button placed below the wiper stalk. Below is the snapshot from user manual. The button is marked a 'A' in the figure below.

Candy white 2014 Skoda Rapid Elegance comes home-mfd-1.jpg

Candy white 2014 Skoda Rapid Elegance comes home-mfd-2.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
Secondly trip 2 gets reset at 1999 kms in my car and not at 9999 kms. Please confirm if it has changed in the newer models
In the manual it is mentioned that the Trip 2 has range of 1999 kms and for vehicles with 'information display' the range is up to 9999 kms. My interpretation is that our vehicles are with Information Display and hence the range is 9999 kms. I have not crossed even 1000 kms in my vehicle, so I cannot confirm on this. Probably someone else in this forum can throw some light on this!

Candy white 2014 Skoda Rapid Elegance comes home-mfd-3.jpg
narsi_6989 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2014, 02:00   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Here you go. We can switch between Trip 1 and Trip 2 using a button placed below the wiper stalk. Below is the snapshot from user manual. The button is marked a 'A' in the figure below.
Thanks! That is a revelation to me in my 2 years of ownership and 36k kms on the odo!

Quote:
In the manual it is mentioned that the Trip 2 has range of 1999 kms and for vehicles with 'information display' the range is up to 9999 kms. My interpretation is that our vehicles are with Information Display and hence the range is 9999 kms. I have not crossed even 1000 kms in my vehicle, so I cannot confirm on this. Probably someone else in this forum can throw some light on this!
As for the trip 2, I am sure it gets reset at 1999 kms in my car (Elegance variant). I am not sure if it has changed in the subsequent models or if it can be configured through VAS.
torque18 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2014, 11:11   #53
BHPian

Congratulations, buddy for the rapid.

I found it quite a good read, particularly for the reason that I have booked a rapid ultima this Sunday, and was looking for some leads to the projector headlamps, and the car itself.

Now I am pretty sure I have made the right choice.

Congratulations again.
deepfusion is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2014, 02:26   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Note: This is my very first ownership thread on the forum. So, pardon me for mistakes and poor write-up. All suggestions on amelioration of this thread are welcome.
Many congratulations for the new car. For a first ownership thread, this is so well written with attention to detail. Loved reading this till the end.

The new Rapid really looks a stunner and the color you have picked is really cool.

Wishing many happy miles ahead.
skyrocket003 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2014, 16:05   #55
BHPian

Quote:
I guess you are looking at trip 1 which resets after a 2 hour break. Check the FE for trip 2 which does not reset until 9999kms or you reset it manually.
Thanks for pointing this. But unwittingly it served my purpose as I wanted to test the FE for that 19 kms drive in a bumper to bumper traffic. Looking forward to your ownership thread mate. If done already please point me to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
Congratulations, buddy for the rapid.
I found it quite a good read, particularly for the reason that I have booked a rapid ultima this Sunday, and was looking for some leads to the projector headlamps, and the car itself.
Thanks and congrats to you too mate. Welcome to the "Club Rapid". Hope you are relishing your ride. Happy mile munching

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrocket003 View Post
Many congratulations for the new car. For a first ownership thread, this is so well written with attention to detail. Loved reading this till the end.
Thank you skyrocket. I am glad you liked my thread. I shall do my best to keep it active with all the updates.
Pferdestarke is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2014, 16:11   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Looking forward to your ownership thread mate. If done already please point me to it
The writing is done but the pictures have not been uploaded yet. Guests at home and office is keeping me busy these days. As a quick update, I have covered ~1200kms in 20 days of ownership. I am absolutely happy about my ride and since I am already used to Skoda, I am enjoying every bit of the ride and handling. The overall FE hangs around 14.5kmpl which I hope will increase. The only accessory I have added is the rear view camera. Got the U-Fly plus seat covers as well.
narsi_6989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2014, 16:47   #57
BHPian

Quote:
I have covered ~1200kms in 20 days of ownership. I am absolutely happy about my ride and since I am already used to Skoda, I am enjoying every bit of the ride and handling. The overall FE hangs around 14.5kmpl which I hope will increase. The only accessory I have added is the rear view camera. Got the U-Fly plus seat covers as well.
1200kms in 20 days is just expeditious. Don't let the FE observations perturb you, they shall improve as the engine opens up, down the time. How much have you spent on the rear-view camera? Rear park assistance be it a camera or sensors is must for Rapid owing to its poor rearward visibility. U-Fly Plus is an excellent product, I got the same covers for my ride.
Old 21st April 2014, 10:24   #58
BHPian

Hello Pferdstarke.

A small query.

Why does the rapid come without a fuel lid lock? How to prevent theft of fuel in this case? Any pointers?
deepfusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2014, 10:42   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
Why does the rapid come without a fuel lid lock? How to prevent theft of fuel in this case? Any pointers?
It does have a lock and it is integrated with the central locking system, which means the flap can be opened only when the car is unlocked with the key fob or by the unlock button on the driver side door panel. It is merely impossible to open the flap when it is locked. Happy motoring mate.
Old 21st April 2014, 11:06   #60
BHPian

Thanks buddy for the valuable information. I was actually scared at the thought of miscreants playing havoc with the open fuel lid.

BTW, I am trying to put up a separate thread on the rapid that I have bought.
deepfusion is offline   Reply With Quote