Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 17th May 2014, 16:15   #76
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speake

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
The wooden inserts look out of place in a modern car like the city.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
how about removing the black surround around the rear number plate
The AD Returns!! (Just like the Spiderman, Mummy and Golmaal)

Well improvising on imperfections makes one perfect. After thinking about what more can I do to further make my car look presentable after getting the views of my team here, I decided to do the following.

The wooden finish on the AC console is gone. Here are the "Before" and "After" pics.

Before

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1066.jpg

After

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1067.jpg

A Big thanks to Amit for coming up with this suggestion.

Now, My friend Ishaan told me to remove the Black surrounding near the rear number plate. So here are the pics of the same.

Before

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1068.jpg

After

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1069.jpg

After doing this stuff in the morning today, I thought what next ?

Ummm..The Spa!!

So AD takes the car to Klenz Spa once again!!

A new story is about to unfold.

Seldom do we find people in the business world to be so particular about their job that even the customer feels to be below par.

The City Ivtec lands at Klenz Spa in Noida and AD greets the owner. The pleasant guy Sanjay is elated to meet AD.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1071.jpg

Requested Sanjay to get the"Gum" spots cleaned on the car. He immediately calls his technician and explains him the job. So here goes the work in progress.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1072.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1073.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1074.jpg

So, As this job was being done Sanjay told AD that this car has got good number of likes and views on the face-book page of his outlet. So, AD is so happy that his efforts are being recognized. Here is the link of the Klenz Car Spa face-book page.

https://www.facebook.com/KlenzCarzspaNOIDA

The funniest comment on the FB page was "IS THIS CAR FOR SALE"

Since, AD has been suggested to remove the emblems so the Type R is also gone now from front grill. Here are the pics

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1070.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1077.jpg

My friend Rohan, suggested me in capital letters to get the front windshield sticker removed so all my inspiration from Tokyo Drift goes away.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1076.jpg

Finally, when all this got over it was time for AD to move on.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1078.jpg

Sanjay was really kind enough to do this job without charges.

Hope you all enjoyed.

Thanks

AD

# Next post has high quality pics clicked by Sanjay.

Last edited by ad3952n : 17th May 2014 at 16:21. Reason: spelling
ad3952n is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2014, 16:36   #77
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speake

So, Over here I would like to say something!

My association to this outlet is purely based on the honesty, trust and skills of the people here.

Sanjay obliged me by taking some good snaps of the car. As I told earlier that there would be a photo-shoot of the car on Sunday, So, as of now it is not possible since Utsav can't make it tomorrow due to prior appointments.

But, I committed to my team here about it so I had to live up to it. Hence, here are some snaps.

Name:  unnamed 2.jpg
Views: 2087
Size:  35.2 KB

Name:  unnamed 3.jpg
Views: 2082
Size:  33.0 KB

Name:  unnamed 4.jpg
Views: 2066
Size:  30.1 KB

Name:  unnamed 5.jpg
Views: 2061
Size:  20.8 KB

Name:  unnamed 6.jpg
Views: 2072
Size:  30.5 KB

Name:  unnamed 1.jpg
Views: 2040
Size:  25.6 KB

Thanks

AD

Last edited by ad3952n : 17th May 2014 at 16:37.
ad3952n is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2014, 16:03   #78
Senior - BHPian

The ADŽ is back!

Between Passion Vs Profession how often does it happen that the former wins ? Actually considering today's fast-paced life Passion often takes the back seat.

However, After watching an inspirational movie called Hawa Hawai yesterday, I understood passion needs will and support to be fulfilled.

Based on this is my story for today!!

Just like Garfield even I hate Mondays to be very honest. So, after having breakfast and finishing the morning surfing of Tbhp, The ADŽ plans his day and the first half is kept for living the passion of his life i.e working for enhancing the City I-vtec.

The ADŽ calls the driver and tells him to bring out the car as we are going to 3M. Nothing very specific in mind, just some wrap job based on feed-backs received from my friends here and mod n-Aditya's Ritz review.

So, Here begins The ADŽ's journey to 3M & Tea.

The ADŽ's City I-vtec enters the 3m outlet.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1086.jpg

First thing first, The ADŽ goes to meet Rahul whose one of the in-charge over there and is a dear friend. The entire job is explained to Rahul and he immediately tells his applicators to get ready.

The jobs done on The ADŽ's City I-vtec today.

* The radiator grill turned to full Black by using Carbon Fibre.

* B pillars too covered with vinyl. Big thanks to n-aditya for inspiring me on this.

* Rear spoiler done in single tone vinyl.

* The brush titanium from the hood is replaced by carbon vinyl.

Here is the product that is used.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1099.jpg

The ADŽ could not bear the hot weather so immediately ran towards the 3m lounge and sat comfortably.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1087.jpg

To be very frank, The ADŽ likes the Tea served at 3m Kailash Colony. So, had a hot cup and kept sitting and watching the work.

The source of the great hot tea

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1092.jpg

The ADŽ holds the hot Tea. Don't ask if it's from Darjeeling or Assam as the intelligence is very limited on this.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1109.jpg

After having the Tea, first thing that was done was the Rear Spoiler. Here are the work in progress pics.

1) The spoiler being taken off.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1097.jpg

a) The old 2-tone look of the spoiler.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1089.jpg

b) The car after the removal of spoiler and being cleaned by the driver.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1098.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1100.jpg

c) The process of wrapping the spoiler begins.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1101.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1103.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1104.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1105.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1106.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1107.jpg

So, here is the final result.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1108.jpg

* The next post shall provide further details of The ADŽ's adventure for today at 3M.

Thanks
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2014, 17:25   #79
Senior - BHPian

So, after the spoiler was re-fixed it was time for the next thing. The hood, the radiator grill and the B pillars to be wrapped.

1) The hood.

a) With brush titanium vinyl in the middle.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1093.jpg

b) after removal the marking is done with tape.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1095.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1094.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1096.jpg

c) The application of the new carbon vinyl is done.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1112.jpg

d) The final result

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1113.jpg

2) The radiator grill.

a) Prior to carbon vinyl placing in the middle.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1088.jpg

b) The grill being prepared for the application of carbon vinyl.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1114.jpg

c) New Vinyl Application in process.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1115.jpg

d) The end result

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1119.jpg

Once this was done, The final job of the B-Pillar wrapping began.

a) B pillars prior to the vinyl application.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1102.jpg

b) The vinyl application in progress

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1116.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1118.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1121.jpg

The final result

* The left side

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1122.jpg

* The right side.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1120.jpg

After this job was finished it was time for the payment. The ADŽ received a shock of the the day as this adventure costed INR 11, 330/- all inclusive with total time consumed of almost 2.5 hours.

There was nothing left to be talked about with regards to the charges as 3M is expensive so the City I-vtec rolled out of the outlet.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1124.jpg

# Hope you all enjoyed. There is another important update planned in next 2 days.

OT: While I was returning home, it was really sad to see luxury cars like Accord, SX4 suddenly coming to a halt due to excessive engine heating and coolant leakage due to heat. Really feel sorry for the car and doubt the skills of the owners/ drivers about maintaining them.

Thanks
ad3952n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2014, 12:41   #80
BHPian

The waala AD Sir,

The car is looking smashing with the changes.
How about putting up some clicks from night time with all the lamps on?
samarth.bhatia is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2014, 13:16   #81
Senior - BHPian

Definitely showing progress BUT please remove those bumper protectors already! They serve absolutely no purpose when canards are already installed. Also the two extra drls in the lower center grille are again just too much. Lose these and keep just the L-shaped ones on the sides.

Just out of curiosity, how much do you actually spend each month with such sporadic alterations to your car?
IshaanIan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2014, 13:44   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Definitely showing progress BUT please remove those bumper protectors already! They serve absolutely no purpose when canards are already installed. Also the two extra drls in the lower center grille are again just too much. Lose these and keep just the L-shaped ones on the sides.
Thanks a lot Ishaan, coming from your side, the comments definitely mean a lot. The points are noted and will be implemented at the earliest.

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, how much do you actually spend each month with such sporadic alterations to your car?
Well, I do not actually keep a track of how much I spend on the beautification and alteration of this car on a weekly or monthly basis. As you know, I do not have any prior knowledge to make my car look good. So as I receive the feed-backs here, I make it a priority to implement them at the earliest.

All I can say is, A passion for me just requires the will and moral support of my team here. Money and other things are never considered when I decide to go in for a genuine and good mod-job or alteration.

What all of you suggest is of more importance to me than the resources required to fulfill it.

Ishaan, always keep your comments coming. They help me and my car to improve.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarth.bhatia View Post
AD Sir,

The car is looking smashing with the changes.
How about putting up some clicks from night time with all the lamps on?
Samarth bhai, Indeed thanks for the appreciation. I am going in for the photo-shoot of the car today evening so may be by night today pics will be uploaded.

Thanks.

Last edited by ad3952n : 21st May 2014 at 13:48. Reason: multi quote
Old 21st May 2014, 20:14   #83
Senior - BHPian

Update

Here are some pics of the car with lights switched on at Night.

Front

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1152.jpg

Headlamp (Right side) and mirror

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1154.jpg

Headlamp (Left Side)

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1153.jpg

Interiors

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1150.jpg

Boot opened

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1149.jpg

Rear

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1155.jpg

Sorry, forgot to switch on the DRLs.

Thanks
Old 25th May 2014, 19:28   #84
BHPian

Thank you ad3952n for this amazingly detailed thread. Pictures are truly worth a 1000 words. I love the carbon fiber treatment on your hood and spoiler. Really compliment the color of the car.

The alloys on your car are fabulous. However, I swapped the stock tires for a set of Michelin Energy XM2 175/65R15 84T. Considerably lesser road noise and superior grip, compared to the stock Goodyears that were provided with my Honda City. Got them for 25,000 for all 5 tires, with balancing and alignment free. Extremely happy with the new shoes.

I would like to know how much the rear parking sensors costed you. I'm planning to go in for them as I've found difficulty reversing into tight spots.

Regards,
ArvindYoga
Arvindyoga is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2014, 11:23   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvindyoga View Post
Thank you ad3952n for this amazingly detailed thread. Pictures are truly worth a 1000 words. I love the carbon fiber treatment on your hood and spoiler. Really compliment the color of the car.

I would like to know how much the rear parking sensors costed you. I'm planning to go in for them as I've found difficulty reversing into tight spots.
Arvind, my apologies for a late reply. Thanks for the praise my friend. It feels good that the suggestions of my friends here have been praised. This car has been improvised upon many times and that's why you get to see the final picture of it now.

The reversing sensors have been fixed by the dealer during the purchase and costed me INR 8000/-. I strongly would recommend you not to get it fixed by the dealer since they try to charge you much more than the equipment's actual cost. Try out Carnation or Reliance Autozone outlet or even a good accessory shop would be fine. Also, If you can get a reverse sensor with a camera than it will be a better option.

Arvind, feel free to ask any question in this regards. I am always happy to assist.

Thanks
Old 28th May 2014, 22:48   #86
BHPian

Nice mods!

However, the colour of the car does not do justice to work done.

In case you want, think of Red or Yellow on the car with roof having black vinyl.
breezydrive is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2014, 22:59   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Nice mods!

However, the colour of the car does not do justice to work done.

In case you want, think of Red or Yellow on the car with roof having black vinyl.
Thanks mate, as per your suggestion should I give the car a color change ? Won't it be raising questions in the minds of the insurance people if in case I claim an insurance for a mishap ?

However, The only color I feel that can go well on this car in future would be the Green on the Evo used in 2 Fast 2 Furious movie.

Thanks.
Old 28th May 2014, 23:05   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Thanks mate, as per your suggestion should I give the car a color change ? Won't it be raising questions in the minds of the insurance people if in case I claim an insurance for a mishap ?

However, The only color I feel that can go well on this car in future would be the Green on the Evo used in 2 Fast 2 Furious movie.

Thanks.
Wow, that is too good for IVTEC City. AFAIK, the Colour change can be endorsed in Registation documents and informed to insurers for records sake.
breezydrive is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2014, 09:04   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
AFAIK, the Colour change can be endorsed in Registation documents and informed to insurers for records sake.
Thanks mate, Color change would lead to unnecessary expense. I feel the RTO and insurance guys were more liberal in earlier days regarding color change et al but now they have become more concerned on such things which makes the owner compromise on his/ her taste.

Thanks.
Old 29th May 2014, 14:30   #90
Senior - BHPian

Well, It's very hot outside but having the urge of living a passion is far more important than the weather.

Since I came back from Mumbai last week, I have not been in best of health due to the weather and the heat taking away the best of me. However, seeing my City Ivtec's interiors in untidy condition because of the dust and absence of my driver I decided to get them cleaned on priority.

My next stop for this job was the Klenz Car Spa and after reaching their me and Sanjay discussed about the job and to be honest the interior job was also left incomplete during my 1st visit to the Spa due to lack of time on my part.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1174.jpg

After reaching there, Sanjay spoke to me about my thread over here as he is a regular reader of it and told me that I have retained the car in good shape till now. It really felt nice to hear comments from a senior person like him.

After having 2 glasses of normal coke the work got started. Here are the pics of the work in progress. Prior to the interior cleaning session the extra items are properly placed in a basket.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1180.jpg

Now, The interior cleaning begins!

a) The carpeting is removed from front and rear.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1175.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1176.jpg

b) Then the car's floor is cleaned properly by vacuum cleaner.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1177.jpg

i) The vacuum machine.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1178.jpg

c) After the vacuuming is over the scrubbing and cleaning of the seats begin.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1185.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1186.jpg

d) After the scrubbing of seats get over then the drying process begins. The process to dry the seats involves the heating gun.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1192.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1198.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1202.jpg

Sanjay was really kind in getting a coat of wax done on the entire car. Here are the pics of car's waxing in progress.

a) The wax used

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1193.jpg

b) Wax application in progress

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1191.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1194.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1196.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1197.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1201.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1203.jpg

Now, Let me show you the quality of the job that Sanjay's guys have done on the car.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1200.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1190.jpg

The pics are taken from my Mughal Era mobile phone so please excuse.

* More details in the next post.

Thanks.