Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

View Poll Results: Which Version would you prefer
Manual 87 36.10%
Paddle Shifting 98 40.66%
I wont buy the Civic 56 23.24%
Voters: 241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20th July 2006, 17:43   #241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Everybody seems to have a diff opinion of the car. I'm just gonna draw my own conclusions after i test drive it (not for anybody else but for me).
Ofcourse Shantanu, that is the reason why everybody owns a different car, and there are so many mfg still in market...

But in general if you want to see, the poll should give you an indication - about 75% of Team BHP (people who breath car), are willing to buy it
ST7677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2006, 17:53   #242
Senior - BHPian

Just got a call from the dealer, the Red AT is in long que and I might have to wait couple of weeks, what do I do, go for MT...? hmmmm

Last edited by ST7677 : 20th July 2006 at 17:58.
Old 21st July 2006, 11:17   #243
Senior - BHPian

Nobody appreciated carpal tunnel joke of mine it seems... Somebody I know getting red AT in Mumbai.
sandeep108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2006, 17:52   #244

i think you guys are cribbing wayyy too much....INDIA FINALLY HAS THE CIVIC!!! that too the better looking one!!!! seriously the asian sedan looks better than the north american one. Look i can understand if you guys are upset that the coupe or the Civic Si didnt get released here...but jeez...take it easy. Ok anyways back to the whole thing...the AT does look attractive (me comming from the US...i still dont understand how you guys drive stick in this insane traffic!)..but the manual is also good from reading the review. Now we have the Civic...the R18 engine...we can source all the modifications from either the US or Thailand or Malaysia. Guys this is the silver lining here for all us enthusiasts. Autocar says the car is good...beats the corolla...and i believe them. Im ready to plonk down the cash for a black one in november-december after my I MBBS exams. The AT is reallly tempting...but i have to drive both back to back to make the final decision. Who will be the first on here to buy one and mod one?????
Caduceus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2006, 21:59   #245
Senior - BHPian

Oh well alright, so i drove the Civic AT for half a km today, didnt push the car though. Just normal 1000-5000 rpm range, down the road in auto mode and back on tiptronic. It felt good to drive, pretty comfortable to sit, good commanding position but not enough frontal hood end view coz of the deep fascia.

Fell in love with the interiors of course, just the right size. Not too huge and comfortably seats five.

Performance was alright as just as expected in the auto. Not enough torque (im used to a octy diesel maybe thats why) but it wasnt slow either. Shifting was better than the corolla auto or invecs for sure. Its good for ciy cruising.

And for the big question.... I have decided to go in for the manual Civic. Although havent test driven yet i guess i dont even need to, im satisfied with the package.

I wanted to upgrade to a bigger car from the octavia. I was initially going in for a used Honda Accord.. the civic is pretty small in comparison to it. What made me change my mind was the practicality of the civic as a daily driver. Ill go in for a bigger car later i guess. Probably gonna get the car around end of august. Cheers!

Arush

PS: for everyone who wants to asks.... OBVIOUSLY! The car will be modded as hell...
autopsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2006, 23:27   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
PS: for everyone who wants to asks.... OBVIOUSLY! The car will be modded as hell...
I was just thinking of asking you that as I read through your post.

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2006, 23:37   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
I was just thinking of asking you that as I read through your post.

Shan2nu
Hehe yes, infact i have already placed the order for the rims today, they should take about a month to arrive by the time the car comes too. 18" Replicas of AC Schnitzer Type IV, in glazed black finish with chrome rivets and a steel lip! Hurray.

I am expecting that you planning for a civic too? or an Accord?
Old 22nd July 2006, 00:04   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am expecting that you planning for a civic too? or an Accord?
Not in the near future. We recently got an Innova, Wagon R got repainted and upgraded with new accessories............and theres no way i'm gonna replace the Vtec with a Civic. LOL

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 22nd July 2006 at 00:06.
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2006, 00:11   #249
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Arush, you helped me make up my mind. It's really a tough call between Manual and Automatic in case of Civic.

Due to delay in Auto, I have decided to go for Manual, and spend the 82K change on performance and body mods
Old 22nd July 2006, 00:16   #250
Senior - BHPian

Cool ST7677, infact i thought i would have a tough time deciding between the two before i drove the auto, but its the feeling of ...like i want to shift how and when i want to, brings a more sense of control on the car. Even with the paddle shift its difficult to make the car respond to your moves, especially in traffic when you are cutting through.

And yes with the 82k in change you can get the aftermarket skirting kit, spoiler, fog lights, and possibly a wheel upgrade!
Old 22nd July 2006, 02:23   #251
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Arush,
Any specific reasons for ditching the Octy? or just bored of it
RJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2006, 09:59   #252
Senior - BHPian

But where to get a good body kit in Bangalore?

The car should be there by end of next week.
Old 22nd July 2006, 10:14   #253
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK
Arush,
Any specific reasons for ditching the Octy? or just bored of it
If you go by his ad in last months ACI, he says "WE WANT AN EVO!!!"
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2006, 12:48   #254
Senior - BHPian

Haha RT, the red skoda isnt mine thats my friend's.. he wanted to get the evo under epcg but the officials are being very strict these days so had to drop the plan and he ended up getting a used 3000GT instead and going all out on the mods...

RJK, im not ditching the octy! I love that car... its gonna stay with me. And more over even after i buy the civic it wont get on road for atleast a couple of months while its being worked upon
Old 22nd July 2006, 14:07   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche
Probably gonna get the car around end of august. Cheers!

Killlller!!! Congrats dude... so the deed's finally done.. Guys... since Arush has let us in on some of his plans... I can assure you, this one is going to blow your minds... Oohhh.. I can hardly wait...
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote