Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

View Poll Results: Which Version would you prefer
Manual 87 36.10%
Paddle Shifting 98 40.66%
I wont buy the Civic 56 23.24%
Voters: 241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13th August 2006, 20:12   #301
Senior - BHPian

In the US, Civic is having some sun visor issues. A lot of owners are reporting sun visor breakages. Indian owners, are you having similar problems?

Source: Edumunds.com
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2006, 20:27   #302
Senior - BHPian

I am sorry if this is a repeat but just gone through the following links which says that the model we have in India the 1.8 is not so great after all:

http://paultan.org/archives/2006/06/...-drive-part-1/
http://paultan.org/archives/2006/06/...-drive-part-2/
http://paultan.org/archives/2006/06/...-drive-part-3/
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2006, 22:00   #303
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad
I am sorry if this is a repeat but just gone through the following links which says that the model we have in India the 1.8 is not so great after all:

http://paultan.org/archives/2006/06/...-drive-part-1/
http://paultan.org/archives/2006/06/...-drive-part-2/
http://paultan.org/archives/2006/06/...-drive-part-3/
Says who? A blogger? Everyone has an opinion, and it would be wise to check the credibility of the writer before believing the article.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2006, 19:31   #304

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd
That is shady.. but so is your sig if you're claiming a 0-100 of 11.4 for a (stock) Swift. In reality its 12.4.
hey those figures are for esteem and not the swift.
RD_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2006, 11:08   #305
BHPian

Default discounts drop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677
Looks like Honda has already smoked Toyota...
Even with 1 lakh discount people are not buying enough Corollas.
Will Toyota go the Hyundai (Elantra way)? It's too early to say but it;s surely rough weather for Toyota!

"NEW DELHI, AUG 8: Passenger car sales continued to cruise in top gear with a 28.4% increase in July, riding on a low base, introduction of new models and the 8% budget cut in excise duty. All car makers, with the exception of Toyota Kirloskar Motors, saw demand rise, according to figures released by the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (Siam) on Tuesday."

Source: http://www.financialexpress.com/fe_f...tent_id=136712

The discounts in August for Corolla have dropped considerably(to 50k). Toyota assumed a large dent in sales but towards end of July, a lot of people who were waiting to have a peep at Civic and held on without buying Corolla came back to Corolla. Wait for the august figures.

Honda dealers are fairly pathetic. They dont even care giving proper test drives. How can you treat customers paying 12L+ like that ? I tried whitefield honda millers road, as well as old madras road as well as dakshin honda. all are similar.
subbarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2006, 10:30   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarp
Honda dealers are fairly pathetic. They dont even care giving proper test drives. How can you treat customers paying 12L+ like that ? I tried whitefield honda millers road, as well as old madras road as well as dakshin honda. all are similar.
What makes you think Toyota dealers are any better? Forget about proper, they give NO test drives! When new corolla model was launched, they refused to give me test drive, saying they had only old model for test drive. After I drove the old model - which was quite a bit in shambles - I said how do you expect me to buy corolla, test drive model is useless. They said they would get back to me when new model is available for test drive. They called after 2 months. At that time I was not interested so I did not bother. Then wanting to compare civic and corolla, I called up the sales and told them I wanted a test drive. No response. Called up the manager - not available, left message, no response. Went to showroom on Sunday - sorry sir no test drive on Sunday, but we will get back to you. Showed him my OHC, told him wanted to upgrade, everything... No response till date.

When I went to Honda dealer on civic launch date, they had test drive car ready and I was the first to drive it with only 50-60km on the odo. They immediately gave me test drive even though I drove to showroom with new Swift, thus making me unlikely customer, actually.

So it really depends on various unfathomable factors, go figure...
sandeep108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2006, 10:43   #307
BHPian

Sandeep108, Which toyota dealer was that??
Mp421b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2006, 10:50   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mp421b
Sandeep108, Which toyota dealer was that??
I do not want to give names on public forum. My point is that on launch of new model, toyota did not have any test drive car at all, honda at least did. And if this is attitude of sales, what will be attitude of service? At least with my OHC, I have good service experience, I do not care about sales.

It generally tends to happen - when product is good and selling itself with little or no competition, sales/marketing tend to get complacent/arrogant. I believe Honda behaves same way with accord/city.
Old 16th August 2006, 10:52   #309
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I do not want to give names on public forum.
The whole point of a forum such as this is to name names and make other customers aware of whats going on, so please, do give us the name of the dealership.
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2006, 11:02   #310
Senior - BHPian

Shinrai. And that too I was very surprised by the no care attitude.
Old 16th August 2006, 12:00   #311
BHPian

Default does shinrai really do that????

hey does shinrai really have such BIGG discount on the corolla????
abhijeetveer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2006, 12:44   #312
BHPian

Try out Lakozy they are really good and are Toyotas own dealership from Japan itself!
Mp421b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2006, 14:58   #313
Senior - BHPian

At least just before the civic launch on that Sunday (in June) I tried for test drive, he spoke about 40k and if I already owned a car, another 20k. This was without any serious discussions. I believe the discount available including accessories and if one went for finance was around 1,00,000. Currently I have no idea.

I had known since early June (salesgirl at honda dealer indicated) auto with paddles civic launch imminent.
Old 17th August 2006, 17:55   #314
Senior - BHPian

Dakshin Honda falls in way to my office and I keep dropping in there with some query or other.
And I must say I am quiet happy with their service, even after the sale is completed...
ST7677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2006, 00:21   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
Overall i will give it a 6/10 and would prefer a Optra/Octavia RS over it anyday...

Built Quality is poor as you can see that the exhausts falling off only after 139kms...

Indian Civic has a GC of 170mm as told by Honda staff.
I am quite unsure about this posting.
I am perplexed as how can Honda be this negligent on the quality fronts.
All aspects that you've mentioned (including bumpy ride, and falling off exhausts) may be due to bad road conditions or more.
I would still rely on more opinions and further test drives by others. I'm quite sure Honda can't be this bad with quality matters.
Sorry, but I am not convinced !

PS - Comparing an Optra with a Civic !! Awesome !

Last edited by scorp 1 : 19th August 2006 at 00:28.
scorp 1 is offline   Reply With Quote