Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2014, 01:46   #16
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,825
Thanked: 4,799 Times
Default re: The Perfect Gift Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up

Congratulations on the new purchase!

And I really loved the way you have narrated your brother's first drive! I could just visualise it myself! Your brother will be proud of you!
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2014, 02:22   #17
BHPian
 
krish3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cochin/Bangalore
Posts: 608
Thanked: 15 Times
Default re: The Perfect Gift Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up

Congrats to your brother for getting a T-Jet as a gift. A perfect wedding present indeed.

Good choice of car. Wish you a great ownership exp with the T-Jet.
krish3 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2014, 09:32   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,430
Thanked: 32 Times
Default re: The Perfect Gift Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up

Wow! A brilliant wedding present to your brother. Wishing him a very happy married life.

As an owner of 2700 km driven Hip Hop Black T-Jet, I understand all you say. It has been a pleasure so far. I live about a minute's drive from Nice Road, and even though I do not need to take the Nice road for my work, I take it whenever I take my car to work. Driving has been such a pleasure!
deepakhon is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2014, 11:18   #19
BHPian
 
Sommos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bhilai, CG.
Posts: 984
Thanked: 674 Times
Default re: The Perfect Gift Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhar915 View Post
He then laughed in a devilish manner(hehe hahahaha sort of) which he does when he is over excited and happy. Said thanks to me, inquired more about the car, price and features and we drove again for a few km and got back home All in all, it was one of the best days of my life
A great applause from my side for what you did.
It was a bold decision no doubt, to purchase a car without informing anybody in the family.
However, the quote in bold is all that matters.

Wish the car serves you and your family well.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2014, 18:53   #20
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 36
Thanked: 65 Times
Default re: The Perfect Gift Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Congratulations on the new purchase!

And I really loved the way you have narrated your brother's first drive! I could just visualise it myself! Your brother will be proud of you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Congrats to your brother for getting a T-Jet as a gift. A perfect wedding present indeed.

Good choice of car. Wish you a great ownership exp with the T-Jet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Wow! A brilliant wedding present to your brother. Wishing him a very happy married life.

As an owner of 2700 km driven Hip Hop Black T-Jet, I understand all you say. It has been a pleasure so far. I live about a minute's drive from Nice Road, and even though I do not need to take the Nice road for my work, I take it whenever I take my car to work. Driving has been such a pleasure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
A great applause from my side for what you did.
It was a bold decision no doubt, to purchase a car without informing anybody in the family.
However, the quote in bold is all that matters.

Wish the car serves you and your family well.
Thanks a ton guys. I will keep this thread updated with the fitment niggles resolution details and service details as and when it happens.

Any idea if we can fit the music player from the face-lifted linea onto the current model? Reason i ask is because the new music system has aux(I don't want to buy after-market accessories to play music from phone) and also supports blue&me(which other third party music system do not).
azhar915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2014, 18:07   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,738
Thanked: 89,239 Times
Default re: The Perfect Gift Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up

Thread moved from the Assembly Line (The "Assembly Line" Forum section) to the Initial Ownership Section. Thanks for sharing!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2014, 15:31   #22
BHPian
 
r0ckstar.1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 141
Thanked: 63 Times
Default re: The Perfect Gift Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up

Congrats Azhar on the TJet !! An awesome choice of car and color Nicely written initial ownership report. I too own a TJet bought 45 days ago. Agree to most of your observations. Some of the plastic panel fitments (as you pointed out) are trivial issues for TJet, that hasn't been sorted for a very long time. I live in JP Nagar, if you live nearby, give me a shout and we can plan to meet and share our experiences.

Drive safe and keep smiling

Cheers
r0ckstar.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2014, 13:25   #23
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 36
Thanked: 65 Times
Default re: The Perfect Gift Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
Congrats Azhar on the TJet !! An awesome choice of car and color Nicely written initial ownership report. I too own a TJet bought 45 days ago. Agree to most of your observations. Some of the plastic panel fitments (as you pointed out) are trivial issues for TJet, that hasn't been sorted for a very long time. I live in JP Nagar, if you live nearby, give me a shout and we can plan to meet and share our experiences.

Drive safe and keep smiling

Cheers
Thank you r0ckstar. 1 and congratulations to you too for your T jet. I stay pretty close by, near Kumaraswamy layout. We can catch up sometime this weekend if possible
azhar915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2014, 13:45   #24
BHPian
 
Motoringlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 396
Thanked: 179 Times
Default re: The Perfect Gift Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up

Congrats azhar915, can only imagine what your brother felt when you gave him the gift, regarding the fit and finsh, this has been a sore side of FIAT, but having driven a tjet, i think i will forgive them, its a great car, enjoy it safely. All the very best.
Motoringlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2014, 14:37   #25
BHPian
 
cr4nkshaft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 101
Thanked: 117 Times
Default re: The Perfect Gift Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up

you, sir, are a brother of all brothers.
That devilish laugh that you got from your elder brother.. I'm sure you'll remember that moment for your whole life...
Congratulations to your brother for his marriage, and a big salute to you...
cr4nkshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2014, 14:16   #26
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 36
Thanked: 65 Times
Default re: The Perfect Gift Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr4nkshaft View Post
you, sir, are a brother of all brothers.
That devilish laugh that you got from your elder brother.. I'm sure you'll remember that moment for your whole life...
Congratulations to your brother for his marriage, and a big salute to you...
Ha Ha thank you cr4nkshaft for the humble words.

I had a person from FIAT visit my place today. He had come for inspection of the car. I notified him about all the niggles and showed it to him as well. He said they'll send another rep to fix those ASAP. He had a 20 page booklet which covered almost all aspects of the car and noted down the issues in respective pages. Good customer service
azhar915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 21:32   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
puchoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Delhi / Shimla
Posts: 1,433
Thanked: 750 Times
Default re: The Perfect Gift Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up

I hope he has also confirmed that they will fix the finish and the fitting on some of the items you had raised and i had responded to?

Also small request , can you post another picture of the area behind the rear arm rest? I just noticed that from the images you have it appears ( it could be owing to the image itself) that you have a dark fabric / or leather covering rather than beige?

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhar915 View Post
Ha Ha thank you cr4nkshaft for the humble words.

I had a person from FIAT visit my place today. He had come for inspection of the car. I notified him about all the niggles and showed it to him as well. He said they'll send another rep to fix those ASAP. He had a 20 page booklet which covered almost all aspects of the car and noted down the issues in respective pages. Good customer service
puchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2014, 15:56   #28
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 36
Thanked: 65 Times
Default re: The Perfect Gift Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
I hope he has also confirmed that they will fix the finish and the fitting on some of the items you had raised and i had responded to?

Also small request , can you post another picture of the area behind the rear arm rest? I just noticed that from the images you have it appears ( it could be owing to the image itself) that you have a dark fabric / or leather covering rather than beige?
Yup i notified him of all the niggles. I'd got a call from them again and they said that they will try to fix these in the first service. Don't know how it will go .

And the area behind the rear armrest is of the same color as the leather seats. Like you said, it could be owing to the image . I've attached a pic below.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 629
Size:  80.4 KB
azhar915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2014, 15:59   #29
Senior - BHPian
 
puchoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Delhi / Shimla
Posts: 1,433
Thanked: 750 Times
Default re: The Perfect Gift Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up

Thanks for the image. Keep up pressure on them and best if you take the car for service on a holiday or take the day off so you can supervise the work.

I would nevertheless advise that you put it in writing and send an email to the dealership and as many contacts within the dealership stating what the problems with the car are and that MR XYZ has checked them and confirmed that they would be done during the first service.


Quote:
Originally Posted by azhar915 View Post
Yup i notified him of all the niggles. I'd got a call from them again and they said that they will try to fix these in the first service. Don't know how it will go .

And the area behind the rear armrest is of the same color as the leather seats. Like you said, it could be owing to the image . I've attached a pic below.

Attachment 1221677
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2014, 02:38   #30
Senior - BHPian
 
khoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dilli
Posts: 2,722
Thanked: 1,253 Times
Default re: The Perfect Gift Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up

In the older Jets, the area in question is indeed black, infact it is a piece of black plastic with it's surface having many a contour. This was fixed in Jets made in the send lot i.e. 2013 onwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Also small request , can you post another picture of the area behind the rear arm rest? I just noticed that from the images you have it appears ( it could be owing to the image itself) that you have a dark fabric / or leather covering rather than beige?
Quote:
Originally Posted by azhar915 View Post
And the area behind the rear armrest is of the same color as the leather seats. Like you said, it could be owing to the image . I've attached a pic below.

Attachment 1221677
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The long story of my Hip Hop Black Grande Punto Emotion 1.3 MJD ! PuntoMania Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 16 20th June 2011 12:19
MY Fiat Linea Petrol Emotion Hip-Hop Black SSN Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 156 23rd July 2010 11:51
Booked my Hip-Hop Black Punto Emotion Pack. EDIT : Delivery taken ~~VinZ~~ Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 80 8th April 2010 14:03


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:03.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks