Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 12th May 2014, 21:50   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 W6 - The Black Beast comes home

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
People ferrying was never a requirement for me. It was just the butch looks, high GC and road presence for me.
It does have a superb road presence. Looks really fab from outside. Keep enjoying your car mate. It should keep you happy for years.

Last edited by Chitta Pradhan : 12th May 2014 at 21:51. Reason: addition
Chitta Pradhan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2014, 09:33   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-riedAway View Post
Guru, I more query, I hope this does not cause the warranty to get void. I asked a sales rep at Mahindra outlet regarding warranty issues if I upsize the wheel from 235 to 250 yokos. He said that warranty issues may arise.
I hope not, since i have not upgraded the tyres. Mahindra also offers alloys for W6 and W4 variants as an accessory, i merely chose to buy it elsewhere since i didn't like what they offered. However, let me check with them again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Congrats Gurudutt. XUV looks great in black.
I guess the price you mentioned were before Mahindra increased the rates by around 10K or so. If you don't mind can you please give break up of the on road price you had mentioned (14,80,000).
Thanks, i forgot the split (have asked my sale guy to get back and will updated if he does), but i heard the W6 variant is dearer by 10 K now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
It does have a superb road presence. Looks really fab from outside. Keep enjoying your car mate. It should keep you happy for years.
Thanks once again Chitta, i hope she does keep me happy in the long run. Had some heartburn with my Vista thanks to Tata A.S.S.
gurudutt is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2014, 11:19   #18
BHPian

Very honest and useful review. Full marks!
One question: How helpful is the door protection strip? Or is it just of a notional value? I think the cheetah looks good without it.
ashtorque is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2014, 23:42   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtorque View Post
Very honest and useful review. Full marks!
One question: How helpful is the door protection strip? Or is it just of a notional value? I think the cheetah looks good without it.
Thanks ashtorque, i really didn't notice any specific use of it, i thought it would break the monotony on the door.
gurudutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2014, 11:34   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guru,

Congratulations on your beast. Sorry on congratulating you late.

Even I was planning to buy a W6 and would opt for alloys. Can you please let me know for how much did they buy back the steel rims. Also was there any other deisgn's available for the XUV with 7J spec.

And it would be great if you can post some pics of the black and white infotainment screen with different features. And I heard we can integrate MMI app into ICE of W6 as well. Can you please shed some light on this?

What speakers came with your W6? I heard one of the sales rep saying it comes with JBL speakers. Is it true?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by fusionbang : 28th July 2014 at 11:37.
fusionbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2014, 12:23   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the XUV, looks all shiny. You also have an interesting handle name

By the way after the alloys the offset looks to be higher, isnt that a problem in the rains especially for the ones following you. Whats the size of the OEM steel rims?
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2014, 22:36   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Hi Guru,

Congratulations on your beast. Sorry on congratulating you late.

Even I was planning to buy a W6 and would opt for alloys. Can you please let me know for how much did they buy back the steel rims. Also was there any other deisgn's available for the XUV with 7J spec.

And it would be great if you can post some pics of the black and white infotainment screen with different features. And I heard we can integrate MMI app into ICE of W6 as well. Can you please shed some light on this?

What speakers came with your W6? I heard one of the sales rep saying it comes with JBL speakers. Is it true?

Thanks in advance.
Thanks fusionbang, they hardly take it back for any money. Say 700 bucks including the wheel cap. If you have space to keep them, i suggest you do. I bought them from alloy wheels india. Didn't see any 7js there. You can try some shops too. I have some pics of the ICE on this thread, please check those. I haven't tried the MMI app integration, let me try find out more about it. The speakers are below average, i doubt if its JBL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Congrats on the XUV, looks all shiny. You also have an interesting handle name

By the way after the alloys the offset looks to be higher, isnt that a problem in the rains especially for the ones following you. Whats the size of the OEM steel rims?
Thanks motomaverick, my handle name is in fact my real name too .

I have noticed some mud and water splash in the rain, it splashes over the side food steps too and people behind as well i guess. I just try and drive slowl when its really slushy.
gurudutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2014, 17:09   #23
BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 W6 - The Black Beast comes home Edit:First Service 5000 km update

Just got the first service done at 5000 KMS. The system started conveniently alerting as soon as the black beast reached 5000 kms. Called up Sireesh Auto at Marathalli and took at appointment for Saturday 2nd of August at 11 AM. I wanted to stay around till the service was done, but the service adviser said there were cars which came in at 9 AM and they got the first slot. She said the work may start around 2 PM. Went back home, finished my lunch and started back again. When i was enroute, the service adviser called up again and said some part had to be replaced and if i was ok taking the delivery the next day. I asked them for more details and said i would like to get it done today itself if possible.

Nevertheless, since i was already en route i thought of going ahead and being around while the replacement was happening. It was the rubber covering on the final drive shaft which was torn and had to be replaced. This was done under warranty and the other niggles i had reported, i.e. some noise coming from the front passenger foot well on bad roads and the typical speedo console vibration, were fixed in a jiffy. Engine oil (6 liters) and oil filter was replaced and i was charged Rs. 2158 including tax for this. Overall the service experience was good, washing was strictly average though. Below is the pic of the part that was replaced.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 W6 - The Black Beast comes home-img20140804wa0009-copy.jpg  

Last edited by gurudutt : 4th August 2014 at 17:11.
gurudutt is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2014, 18:04   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 W6 - The Black Beast comes home Edit:First Service 5000 km update

Quote:
The system started conveniently alerting as soon as the black beast reached 5000 kms.
I am guessing from above line that you gave the vehicle after it crossed 5K KM's. Could you please let know what was the exact ODO reading and if they made an issue of that. Reason for asking is even my first service may be around 5500 KM's or so due to an impending trip.

Quote:
It was the rubber covering on the final drive shaft which was torn and had to be replaced. This was done under warranty and the other niggles i had reported, i.e. some noise coming from the front passenger foot welsl on bad roads and the typical speedo console vibration, were fixed in a jiffy.
Had you made any complain about the drive shaft boot?
Also, what was the reason for passenger foot well sound? I am also getting a sound,however unable to make out exact location.
mpksuhas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2014, 21:17   #25
BHPian

Quote:
I am guessing from above line that you gave the vehicle after it crossed 5K KM's. Could you please let know what was the exact ODO reading and if they made an issue of that. Reason for asking is even my first service may be around 5500 KM's or so due to an impending trip.

Had you made any complain about the drive shaft boot?
Also, what was the reason for passenger foot well sound? I am also getting a sound,however unable to make out exact location.
My odo reading was around 5030 kms, so not sure if they would make a fuss about 5500. I could check if you want since i know a service engineer working there.

I didn't complain since i didn't notice anything weird with the drive. They said during routine inspection, they figured out that the boot was cut. I could then notice some grease settling on the lower control arm. Do you see something else fishy here?

The passenger foot well sound was mostly of something hitting something else when the car rolled sideways. They had fixed it before i reached the service center, so not sure what it was.
Old 4th August 2014, 23:08   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My odo reading was around 5030 kms, so not sure if they would make a fuss about 5500. I could check if you want since i know a service engineer working there.
Thanks for the update. Even TBHPian Ravi mentioned in my comment that his RM informed a ODO difference of around 500 KMs is fine. I will check with my RM also.

Quote:
I didn't complain since i didn't notice anything weird with the drive. They said during routine inspection, they figured out that the boot was cut. I could then notice some grease settling on the lower control arm. Do you see something else fishy here?
Ok. Just asked since thought the sound you mentioned may be related to the same.

Quote:
The passenger foot well sound was mostly of something hitting something else when the car rolled sideways. They had fixed it before i reached the service center, so not sure what it was.
May be I too need to get the foot well sound checked. The issue is I am not able to get it reproduced fully, I first noticed it during ghat roads when taking turn.
mpksuhas is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2014, 11:09   #27
BHPian

Quote:
May be I too need to get the foot well sound checked. The issue is I am not able to get it reproduced fully, I first noticed it during ghat roads when taking turn.
In my case it was a "khat khat sound", like when one front wheel goes over a speed barker or inside a ditch and the other front wheel is on the road. I could reproduce it my taking it to the open ground next to the service station.
Old 5th August 2014, 13:17   #28
BHPian

Hi Gurudutt,

Congrats & Yes the SUV Fascinates we all Indians.

I Like the Black XUV even though we have a RED One. Also the monochrome display on Black looks in sink.

My suggestion is to go for Chrome all round and get alloys. All from outside as Mahindra Chrome is no great & alloys are more good looking and cheaper outside.
Wanderers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2014, 03:53   #29

Hi Gurudutt,

That was one great review. So meticulously laid out, it covered mostly everything that an aspiring owner needed to know. There has been a lot of effort to write the article and kudos to you for that.

Well done, and keep up the tempo.

Sree
sreedhar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2014, 10:04   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreedhar View Post
Hi Gurudutt,

That was one great review. So meticulously laid out, it covered mostly everything that an aspiring owner needed to know. There has been a lot of effort to write the article and kudos to you for that.

Well done, and keep up the tempo.

Sree
Thanks Sreedhar, feels good when someone appreciates the effort .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Hi Gurudutt,

Congrats & Yes the SUV Fascinates we all Indians.

I Like the Black XUV even though we have a RED One. Also the monochrome display on Black looks in sink.

My suggestion is to go for Chrome all round and get alloys. All from outside as Mahindra Chrome is no great & alloys are more good looking and cheaper outside.
Thanks Wanderers, i have already got alloys. Look at the pics in my second post. I am contemplating on chrome door handles, but the better half does not like the idea and you know what happens after that .