Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 27th May 2014, 16:33   #46
BHPian

Default Re: A Skoda makes way for another Skoda - My Rapid 1.6L TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Sad to see the damage but in the end alls well that ends well. By the way why did you have to shell out 7 grand even after insurance. I thought bumper to bumper covers everything?
The thing is, I did not opt for bumper to bumper coverage. My mistake. I opted for extended warranty instead. Should have gone for comprehensive bumper to bumper but thought I will not need it. Here they have covered 95% for the door while 50% for sound absorbing material and tax not covered. Also they have deducted compulsory 2k from the insurance company.
narsi_6989 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2014, 16:44   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
What do I do with this door now? Market cost is ~10k and scrap market will give me not even 1k. Any pointers?
One thing that for sure you should do is, take the door to a local Denter/Painter & ask the cost that he would have charged you to remove the dent, along with any paint touch ups if required.

Maybe you can tell the denter painter to contact you in case any rapid owner comes to him with a damaged same side door.
ank.nsit is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2014, 16:50   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
One thing that for sure you should do is, take the door to a local Denter/Painter & ask the cost that he would have charged you to remove the dent, along with any paint touch ups if required.

Maybe you can tell the denter painter to contact you in case any rapid owner comes to him with a damaged same side door.
The mechanic quoted ~5k to dent and paint the door. I already asked him whether he will take this door, but he answered on the negative :(. He does not get many Skoda customers and hence he doesn't want it to lie there in the workshop. I already tried to sell him old Corsa's roof rails but he was not ready to accept that even.
Old 7th July 2016, 15:43   #49
BHPian

Quote:

Till now the juggaad is working fine. According to me, its not the lock which broke, but a small hinge which connects the cover to the arm rest. Here is snap after the juggaad

If I am not wrong, the small white spec (circled in red) is broken and should be connected to where the arrow is marked. If it connected, the cover will work flawlessly. In that case, I can use some adhesive and stick it.
Attachment 1234616

Any other suggestion friends?
Same thing happened in my rapid which is just two weeks old. In my case, that elbow cover fallen off and i'm not sure whether its broken or easy to fix it again.

Any suggestion from your experience?
smnrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2016, 15:55   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
Same thing happened in my rapid which is just two weeks old. In my case, that elbow cover fallen off and i'm not sure whether its broken or easy to fix it again.

Any suggestion from your experience?
Thanks for waking me and the thread
For me the juggad I mentioned is still working. Its been 2 years now. no qualms. Take it to a mechanic to see what the exact problem is and then we can evaluate the options.
Old 23rd August 2016, 14:03   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for waking me and the thread
For me the juggad I mentioned is still working. Its been 2 years now. no qualms. Take it to a mechanic to see what the exact problem is and then we can evaluate the options.
thanks, the service center was able to fix it without any trouble. Its been a week, going fine without any issues.

I see you've gone for reverse camera, Where exactly the camera is fixed? Can you please post an image of the fixed camera and its location in the reverse light area? Thanks.
smnrock is offline   Reply With Quote