Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 24th May 2014, 00:02   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Suzuki Celerio: First Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
As per a report in Motorbash, the diesel Celerio will give a mileage of 27 kmpl from its 800cc mill generating 38ps power.
38 ps for a car of that size will make the car insipid.

But 27 kmpl would definitely make the "kitna deti hai" crowd very happy.

Regards,
BL
batterylow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2014, 17:06   #47
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Maruti launches the C.N.G Variant for it's Celerio hatchback

With Wagon-R running at 60k discount, the Celerio works to be near-dearly a lakh expensive than the WagonR OTR.

A solid move by Maruti to push relatively slow-selling MT variant as it is definitely not VFM.

Last edited by GTO : 27th May 2014 at 13:03. Reason: Typo
dipen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2014, 00:52   #48
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti launches the C.N.G Variant for its Celerio hatchback

Why would MUL not launch the CNG variant? Does the marketing team not see the opportunity to cater to a need to automatic inexpensive cars?

What makes this oversight a oversized tragedy is that, unlike conventional and CVT auto transmissions, the Automated manual suffers less drive train power loss, minimizing the effects of using the environmentally mild fuel.

Shocking omission by MUL, failing to capitalize on a true product point of difference.
Screwdriva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2014, 17:55   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
As per a report in Motorbash, the diesel Celerio will give a mileage of 27 kmpl from its 800cc mill generating 38ps power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
38 ps for a car of that size will make the car insipid.

But 27 kmpl would definitely make the "kitna deti hai" crowd very happy.

Regards,
BL
No ways can the Celerio be so underpowered. Maruti India is among the smartest lot who understands India markets better than others. The Celerio will not make the Beat seem like like a Supercar.
dipen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2014, 20:19   #50

Hi,
I am considering the celerio AMT for my father, he is above sixty. Request new AMT owners to please post your mileage/ fuel efficiency figures.

Also Mods, can we expect a team bhp official review on the car?

Thanks.
dearmaddy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2014, 16:43   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
Why would MUL not launch the CNG variant? Does the marketing team not see the opportunity to cater to a need to automatic inexpensive cars?

What makes this oversight a oversized tragedy is that, unlike conventional and CVT auto transmissions, the Automated manual suffers less drive train power loss, minimizing the effects of using the environmentally mild fuel.

Shocking omission by MUL, failing to capitalize on a true product point of difference.

Are there any complications or additional risks posed by having CNG and AMT together that prevents offering such a combination ?
Fx14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2014, 12:51   #52
BHPian

I would like to buy Lxi AMT and add Sequential CNG kit on it.

Experts, do you see any issues in doing so ?

Currently I am planning to replace 6 year old Santro GL with added close loop CNG.

Plz. advise.
Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2014, 00:45   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx14 View Post
Are there any complications or additional risks posed by having CNG and AMT together that prevents offering such a combination ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge View Post
I would like to buy Lxi AMT and add Sequential CNG kit on it.

Experts, do you see any issues in doing so ?

Currently I am planning to replace 6 year old Santro GL with added close loop CNG.

Plz. advise.

The AMT is basically a manual transmission with an actuator engaging and disengaging the clutch for you unlike the conventional auto transmissions. I don't think it should be an issue to add CNG/LPG tank to the car.
rockporiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2014, 16:31   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
The AMT is basically a manual transmission with an actuator engaging and disengaging the clutch for you unlike the conventional auto transmissions. I don't think it should be an issue to add CNG/LPG tank to the car.
Thanks Rockporiom.

Yesterday, I was talking to Maruti Dealer - Kothari Wheels, Pune. He told me that if a CNG kit is added to Celerio AMT, it would not give good results because the pickup will be very low and the driver would not enjoy it.

Prior to that, I took test drive of AMT and was thoroughly impressed. I didnt feel the car was under powered in any way. So not sure, if CNG would really give that low pick up.

Any views ?
Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2014, 15:20   #55

Took my new Celerio ZxI to test today. My wife had taken the car to office since the last 2 weeks and had clocked about 475 km. I wanted to experience a long drive before the 1st service. The family (my parents, my wife and I) decided to go to Kotilingeswara Temple near Kolar from HAL Bangalore.
It was a ride of about 95 km one way through NH4 for about 2/3rd of the journey and SH5 and SH95 for 1/3rd part of the journey. Since we started early morning, we did not need to use the AC while going. The NH4 is a pleasure to drive and the car was exceptionally smooth. I could touch 140 km/hr on some stretches without feeling wobbly. I hit an average speed of about 100-110 for most part of the 60 km run on NH4. With a 4 people load (total weight about 250 kg), the dash showed me a mileage of 16.2 km/lit. I hope this increases after the service. I was apprehensive about braking hard without ABS so I let go of the gas pedal whenever I saw curves coming up. But overall braking was satisfactory and I slowed the car from 110 to 70 on many occasions.
Once we entered the SH route, I had to drive like we do in the city as the road was just 2 lane for 2 way traffic. Mileage also dropped to 15.2.
After about 2 hrs at the temple, it had become hot and we had to turn on the AC for our return journey. I could not wait to get back on the NH4. This time, the car could manage a speed of 110 km/hr and the mileage dropped further to 14.5. Though there were no signs of any kind of vibration; the car remained smooth as before.
I invite other Celerio owners to share their performance and experience stories.
bhawik is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2015, 16:17   #56
BHPian

I own a manual one , it has been close to 9 months and 10k kms on the clock , mileage on city traffic bumper to bumper with the AC on has not gone below 14 kmpl , I live in the city of joy and such figures are too good for this city .
gixxerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2017, 09:10   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhawik View Post
Though there were no signs of any kind of vibration; the car remained smooth as before.
I invite other Celerio owners to share their performance and experience stories.
You feel the vibration more after you drive a 4 cylinder like swift, i10 etc. Even the ignition gives an earthquake in this car.
koushikroy1989 is offline   Reply With Quote