Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 4th August 2014, 03:28   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Nissan Terrano 110 BHP

Hey, Congratulations for the Terrano. You know my next car would have definitely been a Diesel Duster or a Terrano, I love the Mini Suv concepts like these but one thing in a car I cannot manage is a heavy clutch, some of my friends initially thought it was not a big deal and they brought the car after which they realized that in everyday city to city driving, the heavy clutch manifests itself into a curse.

I think it has a cable operated clutch like the Logan and that's why the heaviness. Maybe if a hydraulic release bearing along with a master and slave cylinder can be fixed, you ll get a feather light clutch
humyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2014, 17:24   #17
BHPian

Congratulations BuBoo for the Terrano.
Wish you many happy miles with the car and drive safe.

Is there any specific reason why you did not consider the XUV at all.
Sommos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2014, 13:40   #18
BHPian

Hi BiBooMan,

After Taking Terrano did you do some long Journey ? I do not find much on Terrano. All about its highway capabilities, Issues (if any) & its resolution by Nissan.

Remember Nissan is all out trying to re-establish itself in Indian market and thus they care for Customer a lot (Now days)
This is more Important for their planned launches in near future.
Wanderers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2014, 11:13   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Hi BiBooMan,

After Taking Terrano did you do some long Journey ? I do not find much on Terrano. All about its highway capabilities, Issues (if any) & its resolution by Nissan.

Remember Nissan is all out trying to re-establish itself in Indian market and thus they care for Customer a lot (Now days)
This is more Important for their planned launches in near future.
My Terrano has now clocked 7000 km. A lot of which was highway. As mentioned earlier, herein lies its true strength. The mid-range torque, long travel suspension, good stability and ground clearance make it an almost perfect highway muncher. No mechanical issues have emerged.

I wonder why there is a dearth of Terrano ownership threads. There seem to be so many on the streets. Nissan has a solid product and seem to be enjoying the success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Congratulations BuBoo for the Terrano.
Wish you many happy miles with the car and drive safe.

Is there any specific reason why you did not consider the XUV at all.
Thank You Sommos.

The XUV did cross my mind. I have driven an acquaintance's machine. The power is impressive. But everything else felt fiddly and unnecessarily complicated. If Mahindra would have spent the development budget on mechanical and chassis design as higher weightage, it would have been the most no-nonsense SUV to buy. Personally, I found it a bit too fussy for my requirement. No offense to XUV lovers.
BuBooMan is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2017, 15:18   #20
BHPian

Hi BuBooMan,

I have been driving a Terrano 110 BHP for six months now. The car has clocked 5000 kilometres and right from the beginning I have had this query about the behaviour of its clutch. There is a kickback/jerk in the car if I let go of the clutch anytime sooner than absolutely at the precise time. This is while slowing down on a hump, while climbing down a ramp, in very slow moving traffic and not necessarily after shifting gears.
I noticed that you have mentioned about an uneasy kickback from its clutch. Was wondering if it is the same experience that I have described above.

Any thoughts on this or is it just the heavy clutch of the Terrano?
Nalin1 is offline   Reply With Quote